DARTMOUTH 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: DARTMOUTH 2020

Post by admin »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:35 amDartmouth, with a much better SOS, beats teams yet ranked below those same teams despite same total record.
1- Found an error. The teams with zero wins were being ranked higher than they should. Fixed the issue.
2- The Rankings are based on teams relative to other teams. usually, we compare the teams to the previous ranking. For the final ranking, we've compared the teams to the teams in the previous, Final ranking, ranking. this way, the BW (Best Win) isn't Villanova and Penn because they beat Yale (who was #1 before the Final Ranking). The Best Wins will be the teams that beat UVA, the final #1. And, as a consequence... The Rankings change.
3- Have the usual Points, Winning Percentage, SOS, etc. and added the Final Rankings for Massey, LaxBytes, Inside Lacrosse, and Lacrosse Magazine so we can compare and contrast.

http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2018/10/09/d1- ... ings-2019/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

admin wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:45 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:35 amDartmouth, with a much better SOS, beats teams yet ranked below those same teams despite same total record.
1- Found an error. The teams with zero wins were being ranked higher than they should. Fixed the issue.
2- The Rankings are based on teams relative to other teams. usually, we compare the teams to the previous ranking. For the final ranking, we've compared the teams to the teams in the previous, Final ranking, ranking. this way, the BW (Best Win) isn't Villanova and Penn because they beat Yale (who was #1 before the Final Ranking). The Best Wins will be the teams that beat UVA, the final #1. And, as a consequence... The Rankings change.
3- Have the usual Points, Winning Percentage, SOS, etc. and added the Final Rankings for Massey, LaxBytes, Inside Lacrosse, and Lacrosse Magazine so we can compare and contrast.

http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2018/10/09/d1- ... ings-2019/
Thanks. Makes better sense.

However, as I said, the cellar is the cellar.
We need to start climbing out.

I expect we'll see that next season.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

b1w7o9y7h wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:10 am I shall begin the 2020 campaign by invoking the rarely utilized Ghosts of Samson Occom Double Secret Lone Pine Probation clause. It's never too early to tilt the playing field toward Green, although the last time it was invoked the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was seen roaming the deep stacks of Thayer Library. Fingers crossed...
Classic!
:lol:
clapping hands emoji.

download/file.php?id=312
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu May 30, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laxing97

Post by Laxing97 »

How in the world did Dartmouth lose their woman's head coach. The brightest thing that happened to Dartmouth lacrosse in a long time
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Laxing97 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:41 pm How in the world did Dartmouth lose their woman's head coach. The brightest thing that happened to Dartmouth lacrosse in a long time
https://www.thedartmouth.com/article/20 ... r-stanford
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Hanover is a fantastic place for families. Not exactly a target rich environment for young and single. Closest Tinder hit is an hour away....

And Stanford is, well it's freaking Stanford, and Palo Alto is hip and cool.

I am sure the women's side will be ok, cupboard is full, program is strong.

The men's side, remains to be seen.
Laxjunkie

Post by Laxjunkie »

???

From Brendan Callahan on twitter July 9:
‏@Coach_Callahan
Following Following @Coach_Callahan
More
🚨🚨🚨The Big Green just got a lot better tonight. If you haven’t been tuned in to what we have been quietly building up here in the woods it may be about that time! #biggreenrising #welcometothewoods
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Ty Xanders reporting that Blake Brooks '20, Big D man from Belmont Hill (MA) has flipped his commitment from Hopkins to Dartmouth.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Nice pick-up for Dartmouth. Coach Callahan owes Danny Hincks an attaboy for bringing his former Bel Hill teammate on board.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

sguy9 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 am Ty Xanders reporting that Blake Brooks '20, Big D man from Belmont Hill (MA) has flipped his commitment from Hopkins to Dartmouth.
Congratulations. Good news for Dartmouth. The results will eventually catch up to the effort.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Nice pick up for the Big Green. Would be nice to see Dartmouth get an uptick in talent from the New England prep leagues after falling behind the other Ivies, and frankly a few NESCAC schools, in securing regional talent the past few years.
renault

Post by renault »

Laxxal22 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:51 pm Nice pick up for the Big Green. Would be nice to see Dartmouth get an uptick in talent from the New England prep leagues after falling behind the other Ivies, and frankly a few NESCAC schools, in securing regional talent the past few years.
Dartmouth has always had loads of NE prep school kids.
check sticks

Post by check sticks »

renault wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:57 pmDartmouth has always had loads of NE prep school kids.
Current roster reinforces that:
https://dartmouthsports.com/roster.aspx?path=mlax

However the atrophy of the Deerfield Academy BIG GREEN pipeline is a huge disappointment.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

sguy9 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 am Ty Xanders reporting that Blake Brooks '20, Big D man from Belmont Hill (MA) has flipped his commitment from Hopkins to Dartmouth.
This is a big get for Dart (& an almost as big a loss for Hop). Would have expected a diff Ivy for a Top 50 guy ... Will be interesting...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Dartmouth fans in the Baltimore/DC region are gathering at my home this Saturday evening to visit with the Men’s coaches who are currently here in the region recruiting.

If you are an alum or family member who did not get an invite from me, reach out to me via PM.

Alums are doing these sorts of casual events in various regions. There will also be a large event in NYC this fall prior to the Princeton football game. Both Men’s and Women’s teams event.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

check sticks wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:51 pm [quote=renault post_id=64645 time=<a href="tel:1562799430">1562799430</a> user_id=1229]Dartmouth has always had loads of NE prep school kids.

However the atrophy of the Deerfield Academy BIG GREEN pipeline is a huge disappointment.
[/quote]

Plenty of players from NEPSAC but the blue chippers (like Brookes) rarely end up there. Maybe he can be the start of the uptick I’m talking about.
Atticus

Post by Atticus »

Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:14 pm
check sticks wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:51 pm [quote=renault post_id=64645 time=<a href="tel:1562799430">1562799430</a> user_id=1229]Dartmouth has always had loads of NE prep school kids.

Plenty of players from NEPSAC but the blue chippers (like Brookes) rarely end up there. Maybe he can be the start of the uptick I’m talking about.
[/quote]

Couple of thoughts. Brookes is Belmont Hill which is ISL. Some pretty darn good ISL kids on this team. I would say the uptick has started and is building. Some pretty good darn good NEPSAC kids and some pretty darn good NE pub school kids too for that matter.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Atticus wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 pm
Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Couple of thoughts. Brookes is Belmont Hill which is ISL. Some pretty darn good ISL kids on this team. I would say the uptick has started and is building. Some pretty good darn good NEPSAC kids and some pretty darn good NE pub school kids too for that matter.
[/quote]

I don't really care where the kids are from who choose Dartmouth over a myriad of other possibilities. We want the best student-athletes, regardless of region.

That said, it's great when kids who have proven themselves in highly competitive leagues and under strong coaching choose the Big Green. It signals that serious student-athletes, who others know can compete at the very highest level, want to be part of what is special in Hanover.

Creates a virtuous attraction.

Of course, as a Baltimore based guy, I love seeing players in our Balt-DC-Annapolis region choose to eschew ACC or Big 10 for an Ivy, and all the better when it's Dartmouth!
LandM

Post by LandM »

I know nothing about Dartmouth but know allot about BC. Sorry to interject my 2 cents;
IMHO having played for a college football HOF coach you have a leader;
Unfortunately you are paying and have paid for his learning curve;
If this was Power5 he would be gone;
The leash is short but by the lates posts, sounds like good progress and looking forward to seeing and reading about success.
No I am not related before someone asks, he helped my kid reach the NCAA’s and graduate college which is the most important to me in lax
Best of luck
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:09 am I know nothing about Dartmouth but know allot about BC. Sorry to interject my 2 cents;
IMHO having played for a college football HOF coach you have a leader;
Unfortunately you are paying and have paid for his learning curve;
If this was Power5 he would be gone;
The leash is short but by the lates posts, sounds like good progress and looking forward to seeing and reading about success.
No I am not related before someone asks, he helped my kid reach the NCAA’s and graduate college which is the most important to me in lax
Best of luck
Thanks.
The input and perspective is indeed appreciated.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”