Duke v UVa

D1 Mens Lacrosse
rasheed

Re: Duke v UVa

Post by rasheed »

Wheels wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:37 pm Let's be honest....

The refs from the Maryland-UVA game would have called that mom goal as a real goal.
bitter much? LOL
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

rasheed wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:44 pm
The refs from the Maryland-UVA game would have called that mom goal as a real goal.
bitter much? LOL
He’s just being silly.
It was a great game, 2 OT.
Congrats UVA.
Chug one for me at Dirty Franks.
random observer

Post by random observer »

Wheels wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:14 pm Neither of these teams look complete enough to win a title.

The other side of the bracket has 2 teams that are complete at every level.
Three. I thought Penn was better than anybody on the other side of the bracket too (I know Duke roughed up em early in the season though so you never know).

UVA is such a peculiar team to watch. The seem to look inept running a settled offense at some points in the game. Then when it's crunch time they get serious and generate quality looks whenever they want. Love their resilience. Having said that, I can't see them beating PSU or Yale. Both those teams have better FOGOs and superior depth. UVA is not built to win two games in three days in the summer heat: they don't really even run a second midfield line. This is where the lack of scoring depth will hurt likely come back to bite them.
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

reLAX wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:14 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm Hope Lars brought some smelling salts for his boys, sure needs something to wake them up and get 'em moving a little bit. Better bring a whole lot more energy to the field than they did in the first half or it's going to be a long afternoon for them. Far from the most exciting semi finals lacrosse I've ever seen, the girl's games offered a whole lot more.....faster and much more intensity. Gotta up your game, fellas.
Shouldn’t have been there anyway. Not final four caliber
LOL...I remember when I had my first beer!
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

random observer wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:48 pm
Wheels wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:14 pm Neither of these teams look complete enough to win a title.

Three. I thought Penn was better than anybody on the other side of the bracket too (I know Duke roughed up em early in the season though so you never know).

UVA is such a peculiar team to watch. The seem to look inept running a settled offense at some points in the game. Then when it's crunch time they get serious and generate quality looks whenever they want. Love their resilience. Having said that, I can't see them beating PSU or Yale. Both those teams have better FOGOs and superior depth. UVA is not built to win two games in three days in the summer heat: they don't really even run a second midfield line. This is where the lack of scoring depth will hurt likely come back to bite them.
its so funny to read all of these omniscient doubters of UVa. How about we congratulate a team that has been doubted all season for what they have accomplished on the field. Then see what happens Monday! Novel idea, maybe, or are you a fortune teller?
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Conrad is great on ground balls, but unstoppable when he holds it against his chest like that last one
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

10stone5 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:46 pm
rasheed wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:44 pm
bitter much? LOL
He’s just being silly.
It was a great game, 2 OT.
Congrats UVA.
Chug one for me at Dirty Franks.
you got it, man - come by after 6!
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

keno in reno wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:53 pm Conrad is great on ground balls, but unstoppable when he holds it against his chest like that last one
yea - all he does is cheat.... Please stop - its kind of pathetic
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

UVA has a ton of heart and a ton of athletes. Their offensive structure isn't complex, and we've seen 2 games now where they've really struggled in 6v6. Duke has a void at attack. You saw Maryland's attack punish UVA's close defense. Penn St and Yale have threats at attack and midfield.
random observer

Post by random observer »

rasheed wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:52 pm

its so funny to read all of these omniscient doubters of UVa. How about we congratulate a team that has been doubted all season for what they have accomplished on the field. Then see what happens Monday! Novel idea, maybe, or are you a fortune teller?
Just calling it like I see it. And that's from someone who is not a UVA fan but is rooting for them to win it all. Love the way they play, love the culture Lars has instilled, and love the way they are completely unflappable.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Great game to watch thanks to the second half. UVA's never say die attitude has certainly served them well this year. I think the Cavs will have to be a ton less "cavalier" with the ball on Monday than they were today to keep up with either PSU or Yale in that I think they are likely to have a possession disadvantage at the X against either in spite of La Salla's grit and determination.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

rasheed wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:52 pm

It's funny how being a fan changes one's perspective. I get the feeling of destiny for a team that routinely overcomes large deficits. But facing large deficits isn't something to be cheered. Yale and PSU are better than both Maryland and Duke. Going down 4+ goals against either of those teams...not advisable.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

First half - VA couldn't hit the cage and Duke couldn't capitalize. Nobody played flawless lacrosse.

Second half - Duke squandered opportunities to close the darn door, and the 'hoos seemed reluctant to walk through.

The athleticism on both teams was astounding, but both teams on the other side of the bracket are just as athletic and ruthless. Get ready for the 'real' championship finals.........
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

calourie wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:58 pm Great game to watch thanks to the second half. UVA's never say die attitude has certainly served them well this year. I think the Cavs will have to be a ton less "cavalier" with the ball on Monday than they were today to keep up with either PSU or Yale in that I think they are likely to have a possession disadvantage at the X against either in spite of La Salla's grit and determination.
totally agree - I think it was lame that Penn state and yale weren't in different halves of the draw - make no mistake - it will be virtually impossible for the Hoos to win this thing - I fully am aware - I just think their record and tenacity deserves a bit more respect than what I am reading on this thread
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

reLAX wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:14 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm Hope Lars brought some smelling salts for his boys, sure needs something to wake them up and get 'em moving a little bit. Better bring a whole lot more energy to the field than they did in the first half or it's going to be a long afternoon for them. Far from the most exciting semi finals lacrosse I've ever seen, the girl's games offered a whole lot more.....faster and much more intensity. Gotta up your game, fellas.
Shouldn’t have been there anyway. Not final four caliber
I love these butt hurt dumbass posts!
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

rasheed wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:14 pm
calourie wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:58 pm Great game to watch thanks to the second half. UVA's never say die attitude has certainly served them well this year. I think the Cavs will have to be a ton less "cavalier" with the ball on Monday than they were today to keep up with either PSU or Yale in that I think they are likely to have a possession disadvantage at the X against either in spite of La Salla's grit and determination.
totally agree - I think it was lame that Penn state and yale weren't in different halves of the draw - make no mistake - it will be virtually impossible for the Hoos to win this thing - I fully am aware - I just think their record and tenacity deserves a bit more respect than what I am reading on this thread
Rasheed the coy “sand bagger” you know you expect Virginia to win! Doesn’t mean they will, but let’s see who shows up tomorrow. Neither team is a lock on paper. If Yale controls the ball all game then yes, Yale wins. Both teams have so much offensive talent who can exploit advantages against both team’s opposing weaker defenses but you have to have the ball enough.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Wheels wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:42 pm Yale or Penn State is going to blowtorch UVA. TBF, either would probably have blowtorched Duke, too.

This was a not a high quality game we just saw.
Oh really??

Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Gatsby wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:54 pm
Wheels wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:42 pm Yale or Penn State is going to blowtorch UVA. TBF, either would probably have blowtorched Duke, too.

This was a not a high quality game we just saw.
Oh really??

Totally deserved. Feast of crows.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”