2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2020 Elections - A Hope and Change Election

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:20 pm
Trinity wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:16 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Hilary Clinton State Dept is cleared of deliberate mishandling of classified information.
That ain’t how Trump will spin this one...
… but what about Benghazi? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“For an administration that prides itself on its macho attitude, this is the biggest bunch of unmanly whiners and snowflakes I've ever seen. I've taught high-school kids who don't complain this much.” Tom Nichols— the Death of Expertise
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Hillary Clinton and other prominent democrats see RUSSIAN operatives everywhere. Now even in the democrat presidential candidates.

There was a term you liberal intelligentia used to use for that. What was it. Oh yea McCARTHYISM!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:41 am Hillary Clinton and other prominent democrats see RUSSIAN operatives everywhere. Now even in the democrat presidential candidates.

There was a term you liberal intelligentia used to use for that. What was it. Oh yea McCARTHYISM!
Even Van Jones sees through the BS: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3yUch1nKVE ... 8naJVsBw0/

There can only be one queen bee....HRC wants to always be the queen.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 am
6ftstick wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:41 am Hillary Clinton and other prominent democrats see RUSSIAN operatives everywhere. Now even in the democrat presidential candidates.

Even Van Jones sees through the BS: https://www.instagram.com/p/B3yUch1nKVE ... 8naJVsBw0/

There can only be one queen bee....HRC wants to always be the queen.
I'm just catching up on this one this AM.
I really, really don't like HRC...wish she would keep quiet, not let her ego get in the way.

That said, there's indeed something a bit weird about some of Tulsi's support online.
HRC said there are Tulsi-supporting websites and bots supporting Tulsi...if that's actually true, and that's a big IF, then this actually gets interesting and not simply a matter of Clinton ego.

But I am super skeptical that Tulsi was/is aware of such up to now. At the moment, she's using this tiff to gin up attention, but if it's true then she needs to reject it wholeheartedly. Same for the Richard Spencer-type support. And she should indeed not run a third party candidacy. It does not help that she's actually accusing the DNC right now of helping Trump in 2016...need to see hard proof on such an accusation. Otherwise, it looks like she indeed is preparing to run third party, exactly as the Russians and Trump would want.

But, yes, it was indeed true in 2016 that there was concerted Russian sponsored support for Jill Stein and that Stein's third party candidacy hurt Clinton specifically, thereby helping Trump. Whether Stein was aware of that support is more questionable. I'd certainly hope not and would give her the benefit of the doubt; but that doesn't mean she wasn't an "asset" of the Russians, unwittingly so as it may be.

Stein was just on Smerconish...she made a good argument for multiple parties in the general, but with rank order voting methodology such that if, as happened in 2016, no one gets past the 50% threshold, rank order counting determines...and HRC would have likely won in those situations, or if not then the 3rd candidacy didn't cost the election. I support that argument.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

It’s about to get real, add AOC to the ‘Feel the Bern’ campaign. https://www.instagram.com/p/B30IBOenzl8 ... 9k0gff4cnj
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:02 pm It’s about to get real, add AOC to the ‘Feel the Bern’ campaign. https://www.instagram.com/p/B30IBOenzl8 ... 9k0gff4cnj
Mind boggling.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Look, I think Bill Belichick is probably an awful person. In fact, I’m convinced of it.

I also think maybe we should put him in charge of something more important than a football team!!!

Isn't it time we all vote for Belichick?

I
wrote
this
as
a
joke,
but
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

A friend of mine, originally from the Bronx, met and married a Canadian guy, had two boys in TO, got divorced and remained with her sons with no intention of every living in the US again. She became a Canadian citizen last week and was able to register to vote and vote at the same time in the national election today. Apparently, it doesn’t have to be difficult to vote.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Someone else that has seen behind the curtain....
So then, do we live with Trump, who lays bare all the problems with what happens when naked self-interest collides with power? Or do we tell ourselves some “regulative fiction” that pretends those who populate our sprawling administrative state are somehow above their own selfish impulses and can be counted on to act in the best interests of voters, when that is plainly untrue?
Yes, the notion of Trump-the-truth-teller is a bit at odds with his monumental self-regard. But even when he puts his own absurd egotistical spin on events, it’s so obviously hyperbolic that it heightens the contradictions. Every time Trump says “What I’m doing is the greatest,” his delusion causes the media and “deep state” to try and pull back the curtain and expose Trump as a fraud once and for all.

Except they can’t do that without asking voters to choose between Trump’s behavior and Washington’s preferred narrative of how things are supposed to work, and Beltway types still haven’t grasped that voters decided long before Trump arrived on the political scene that most of what passes for standard operating procedure in D.C. is just as farcical.
Of course, there’s nothing necessarily conservative or principled about wanting chaos because you think you can count on something instructive to emerge from the wreckage.
By contrast, Trump’s foibles, for better and for worse, were already priced in with his voters and Trump at least has some measure of democratic accountability. It was far less obvious what was going on at the FBI, and to have long-simmering deep state concerns confirmed so dramatically means Trump voters are leaning into the chaos to see what else gets dragged into the light.
the regulative fiction that tells us there is a patriotic bureaucratic resistance and that the media are brave truth-tellers when we all know that’s laughable. America’s undoing was always buying into this progressive notion that we could trust armies of administrative experts to think for us and have our best interests at heart.
But if it’s a choice between dealing with Trump’s foibles, which are challenging at best, and pretending the immorality and dishonesty of the system he threatens — a system that will almost certainly outlast him — is somehow a better option, don’t be surprised that so many people are sticking with Trump even through impeachment.
https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/21/wh ... op.twitter
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Hilary Clinton is currently the Secretary of State. Ergo the results of her being cleared, as published in The Washington Pravda, is complete SCATA.

Now if we could replace that HARRIDAN :evil: with an honest, stalwart person who can remain focused and unflustered when interviewed by the media, tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, we could once again hold our head high on the world stage. IMHO, the U.S. MUST have a Secretary of State who's not interested in protecting anyone up to and including the POTUS, consults with and listens to experienced diplomatic professionals and is not leveraging the position in order to seek higher office.

Perhaps this guy. ;)
POMPEO GOLEM.jpg
POMPEO GOLEM.jpg (3.88 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
GOLEM.jpg
GOLEM.jpg (13.1 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:39 am Except they can’t do that without asking voters to choose between Trump’s behavior and Washington’s preferred narrative of how things are supposed to work, and Beltway types still haven’t grasped that voters decided long before Trump arrived on the political scene that most of what passes for standard operating procedure in D.C. is just as farcical.
[/quote]
If this is what passes as "logic" for our voters: "Trump is no more corrupt than the rest DC, so every corrupt thing Trump does is ok by me", then the education system in America is crippled beyond repair, and has been for decades.

We can't possibly be this stupid, can we?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:32 am Trump is no more corrupt than the rest DC, so every corrupt thing Trump does is ok by me", then the education system in America is crippled beyond repair, and has been for decades.

That is one way to interpret it - and my answer when feeling particularly cynical is ... quite possibly, yes we are.

But the optimistic answer is that people have faith in our country's ability to heal. Maybe Trump is leaches, or perhaps a better analogy is a vaccination - a "controlled" dose of the disease to defeat the actual disease itself?

Either way - it seems to me that there is a huge swath of US voter that wants to reboot the system - Trump isn't REALLY doing it, but he is exposing a lot of corruption along the way. .....

Hey! maybe the right analogy is those radioactive markers doctors inject into people to find where disease is localized? Everyone knows that radioactivity is bad for you, but in controlled doses it helps you find the bigger problem.

Trump is certainly stumbling around making sure everyone sees how corrupt the system has become!

a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:58 pm Hey! maybe the right analogy is those radioactive markers doctors inject into people to find where disease is localized? Everyone knows that radioactivity is bad for you, but in controlled doses it helps you find the bigger problem.

Trump is certainly stumbling around making sure everyone sees how corrupt the system has become!
:lol: Optimism. I like that.

For me, I'd wish they'd elect someone like Jimmy Carter again. Four years of that kind of man/woman would do our nation a world of good.
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:58 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:32 am Trump is no more corrupt than the rest DC, so every corrupt thing Trump does is ok by me", then the education system in America is crippled beyond repair, and has been for decades.

That is one way to interpret it - and my answer when feeling particularly cynical is ... quite possibly, yes we are.

But the optimistic answer is that people have faith in our country's ability to heal. Maybe Trump is leaches, or perhaps a better analogy is a vaccination - a "controlled" dose of the disease to defeat the actual disease itself?

Either way - it seems to me that there is a huge swath of US voter that wants to reboot the system - Trump isn't REALLY doing it, but he is exposing a lot of corruption along the way. .....

Hey! maybe the right analogy is those radioactive markers doctors inject into people to find where disease is localized? Everyone knows that radioactivity is bad for you, but in controlled doses it helps you find the bigger problem.

Outside of his administration's corruption, could you site three examples of corruption by someone outside of his orbit that has been exposed because of Trump?
“I wish you would!”
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Much of the type of corruption is the way the business of is done. Examples are in the article.

Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:09 pm Much of the type of corruption is the way the business of is done. Examples are in the article.
I was just wondering if there were things nobody knew about until Trump exposed it? Is it the potential for corruption versus actual corruption that Trump is exposing by taking advantage of it?
“I wish you would!”
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 pm
HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:09 pm Much of the type of corruption is the way the business of is done. Examples are in the article.
I was just wondering if there were things nobody knew about until Trump exposed it? Is it the potential for corruption versus actual corruption that Trump is exposing by taking advantage of it?
my take is that everybody knows about the potential. But "polite society" didn't talk about it, because the powers that be don't want us to. Not sure Trump can or should take any credit for it. I think it has a lot more to do with the internet.

It seems that some big topics that never used to come up and now won't seem to go away are things like: Epstein, Hunter Biden, Bill Cosby. Although under Reagan we had Iran Contra, before that we had Watergate. The trend line has been there, I just think more things are being exposed, including a lot of how the sausage is/was made. The self-serving nature of it doesn't sit well with average Joe's. Trump's over-reach and clumsiness makes it that much more obvious, and for some reason his supporters are ok with it.....

Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:26 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 pm
my take is that everybody knows about the potential. But "polite society" didn't talk about it, because the powers that be don't want us to. Not sure Trump can or should take any credit for it. I think it has a lot more to do with the internet.

It seems that some big topics that never used to come up and now won't seem to go away are things like: Epstein, Hunter Biden, Bill Cosby. Although under Reagan we had Iran Contra, before that we had Watergate. The trend line has been there, I just think more things are being exposed, including a lot of how the sausage is/was made. The self-serving nature of it doesn't sit well with average Joe's. Trump's over-reach and clumsiness makes it that much more obvious, and for some reason his supporters are ok with it.....
I know what you mean but IMHO it has less to do with Trump and more to do with more media outlets and those outlets need content......"politics as media content/entertainment"..... its big $$$ today.... Politics as entertainment is more important at FoxNews than News. If Iran / Contra came along today, it would have received far more coverage than it did 30+ years ago.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”