Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The GOP, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:36 pm Vogel got it wrong. Subpoena Chalupa. She’s begging you.
I'm not saying there was an organized DNC - Ukrainian conspiracy to meddle in the 2016 election.
...unless Fusion GPS (via Nellie Ohr) had some Ukrainian govt sources too.
More likely, independent operators like Chalupa, unrelated but preceded by good ol' influence peddling by the Bidens, Kerry & Archer.

I wanna know what really transpired between Lutsenko & our Embassy personnel, & what caused him to go from being praised by Biden as the "solid guy" replacement PG, to Amb Masha calling him corrupt (& did she warn him off investigating specific NGO personnel, while hiding behind her "no list" non-denial).

Let's see the time line & paper trail between Burisma, USAID, State Dept, US Embassy, the Bidens, Archer & Kerry on Ukrainian matters, 2014 - 2016. ...maybe Strzok & Page could do it as a community service project.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:56 am
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:21 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:26 pm Good ‘Ol Gym Jordan

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article/op ... 64738a4784
Funny how you dredge up the same sleazy story every time Jordan's about to participate in a high profile hearing.

How's life in tOSU shower drain ? Do you wear your waders ?
The article was November 30, 2019...but yeah, the 'story' keeps getting worse for Jordan as more wrestlers come forward...Jordan is a liar and this was a whopper.

That's who is the #1 rabid defender for Trump. Yup, he's about to "participate in a high profile hearing'...pity that he's such a scum sucker that this "sleazy story ' gets "dredge(d)' up again.
Oh yeah. This scum sucking story is right down your alley.
I see, let's ignore the scum sucking behaviors of these cats...IF they play for MY team...typical for you, Salty.
Slimey slander for political advantage -- typical of you.
What did Jordan do ? You're repeating unproven accusations that he knew about something & failed to act.
Which of his superiors, in positions of greater power & authority, have been slandered to the extent that Jordan has ?
He's being targeted (again) to undercut his credibility as a Congressional questioner.
What do the voters in his district think ? How'd he do in the last election ?
...he got 65% of the vote (again).
Maybe our resident Ohio hayseed can give us an anecdotal report on that from his shower room buddies back home.
So...I watch Jordan flat out right lie, over and over again...defending a jerk who lies every day.

And you think it isn't relevant that he's been lying about this abuse scandal?
Not according to me, according to a whole bunch of wrestlers who were there?

Absolutely, it's "slimy". But that's Jordan.
It was one of those "everybody knew" stories, but nobody in a position of power took action.
Does every PSU grad asst coach who had suspicions about Sandusky, but didn't have first hand evidence, deserve to be slimed for the rest of their working lives, when higher ups, in a position to act, turned away. Look what happened to the one PSU asst who did bring it forward.
This is just Big 10 dirt. Nothing like this could ever happen at an Ivy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Funny how you dredge up the same sleazy story every time Jordan's about to participate in a high profile hearing.

The article was November 30, 2019...but yeah, the 'story' keeps getting worse for Jordan as more wrestlers come forward...Jordan is a liar and this was a whopper.

That's who is the #1 rabid defender for Trump. Yup, he's about to "participate in a high profile hearing'...pity that he's such a scum sucker that this "sleazy story ' gets "dredge(d)' up again.
I see, let's ignore the scum sucking behaviors of these cats...IF they play for MY team...typical for you, Salty.
What did Jordan do ? You're repeating unproven accusations that he knew about something & failed to act.
Which of his superiors, in positions of greater power & authority, have been slandered to the extent that Jordan has ?
He's being targeted (again) to undercut his credibility as a Congressional questioner.
Maybe our resident Ohio hayseed can give us an anecdotal report on that from his shower room buddies back home.
So...I watch Jordan flat out right lie, over and over again...defending a jerk who lies every day.

It was one of those "everybody knew" stories, but nobody in a position of power took action.
Does every PSU grad asst coach who had suspicions about Sandusky, but didn't have first hand evidence, deserve to be slimed for the rest of their working lives, when higher ups, in a position to act, turned away. Look what happened to the one PSU asst who did bring it forward.
Absolutely it could happen at an Ivy. Just did at my alma mater.

But, yeah, anyone who was this close to this sort of abuse who not only didn't blow the whistle at the time to protect the abused, but also has lied about it ever since...yup that guy, that specific guy, deserves to be raked over the coals every time he pretends to be taking an aggrieved tone on behalf of another serial abuser...liars protecting liars.

Here's the thing, Jordan could have, years ago, said "yes, I did know the Doc was a creep and yes I did understand that he was acting inappropriately, but I really didn't understand the degree of damage he was doing, didn't understand how to speak up...I regret not doing so". Done, over.

But nope, he's a liar. A slime ball.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:41 pm

But, yeah, anyone who was this close to this sort of abuse who not only didn't blow the whistle at the time to protect the abused, but also has lied about it ever since...yup that guy, that specific guy, deserves to be raked over the coals every time he pretends to be taking an aggrieved tone on behalf of another serial abuser...liars protecting liars.

Here's the thing, Jordan could have, years ago, said "yes, I did know the Doc was a creep and yes I did understand that he was acting inappropriately, but I really didn't understand the degree of damage he was doing, didn't understand how to speak up...I regret not doing so". Done, over.

Except for the lawsuits, House Ethics Committee & every 2 years having to defend it in campaigns.
Get real. That's how politics works. Congress members are public figures. Ask Al Franken or Katie Hill.
It would be even worse if Jordan (or any public figure not implicated) followed your advice.
You're assuming Jordan had first hand, conclusive knowledge or proof, not just suspicions, based on rumors & locker room banter.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:47 am

Except for the lawsuits, House Ethics Committee & every 2 years having to defend it in campaigns.
Get real. That's how politics works. Congress members are public figures. Ask Al Franken or Katie Hill.
It would be even worse if Jordan (or any public figure not implicated) followed your advice.
You're assuming Jordan had first hand, conclusive knowledge or proof, not just suspicions, based on rumors & locker room banter.
Nope, I just believe the wrestlers.
Jordan is clearly a liar on other topics, frequently, and so it's not hard to not believe him and instead believe all these other guys who say of course he knew.

I totally disagree that he'd have an issue with "defend it' continuously if he'd simply done what I said long ago...but now, yes, he's locked himself into a box by lying all these years about it. It would have been easy to say, back then, "I really didn't understand the damage being done, I regret not doing anything at the time'. His voters would have had no issue with such a position. And his detractors wouldn't have anywhere to take it from there.

But that's not what he chose to do. He chose to lie.

He should still simply come clean.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

This is going to help the D's in 2020...

"If Trump retains Miller, he will have removed the last shreds of benefit of the doubt: He is either himself a racist or someone who gives aid and comfort to avowed racists."

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... t-be-fired
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:55 am This is going to help the D's in 2020...

"If Trump retains Miller, he will have removed the last shreds of benefit of the doubt: He is either himself a racist or someone who gives aid and comfort to avowed racists."

I think the jury is already in on this case. Guilty as charged.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:55 am This is going to help the D's in 2020...

Sometimes defending is just as effective as supporting.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:31 am

Jordan is clearly a liar on other topics, frequently, and so it's not hard to not believe him and instead believe all these other guys who say of course he knew.

I totally disagree that he'd have an issue with "defend it' continuously if he'd simply done what I said long ago...but now, yes, he's locked himself into a box by lying all these years about it. It would have been easy to say, back then, "I really didn't understand the damage being done, I regret not doing anything at the time'. His voters would have had no issue with such a position. And his detractors wouldn't have anywhere to take it from there.

Sandusky and Nasser were railroaded according to Old Salt’s logic. I didn’t see a tape of Jerry Sandusky or the Michigan State guy. Hearsay...
Typical Lax Dad

This district has to cover almost a 3 1/2 hour drive tip to tip. Guess what is avoided over this circuitous route? Shameful. Old Gym picked his voters.

“Today, the sickle-shaped district sneaks through a narrow strip of Cleveland before swinging south and west just outside of Dayton and Columbus to almost touch the border with Indiana.”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:25 am

Sandusky and Nasser were railroaded according to Old Salt’s logic. I didn’t see a tape of Jerry Sandusky or the Michigan State guy. Hearsay...
Either you fell & hit your head in the shower or you're lying again. ...& who's Nasser ?
I was referring to what happened to PSU Asst Coach Mike McQueary when he reported what he knew (not rumors or locker room banter) to Paterno & his dad.
You & MD are towers of sanctimony & false courage when it comes to someone else, especially when they're your political opponent.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

+1
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Here's something scary:

Remember, the National Committees do in depth Opposition Research on potential sponsored candidates before throwing them in for consideration. People are more comfortable sharing gossip and innuendo with the reps from the same team than with reporters et al.

So the RNC had accumulated all the dirt on all the important Republican politicians over decades, and kept this dirt safe in their server.

Now the Russians have this dirt. Good Lord......

Bandito

Post by Bandito »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:53 pm
Bandito wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:32 am Today's TRUMParty:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... agandists/

"Sen. John Neely Kennedy (R-La.) once before walked back an assertion that maybe Ukraine was responsible for meddling in the 2016 election. That has not deterred him from repeating the Kremlin’s propaganda. Appearing on “Meet the Press” on Sunday, he was at it again. When moderator Chuck Todd asked him if he was not simply doing Russia’s dirty work, Kennedy responded, “I think both Russia and Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election. I think it’s been well documented in the Financial Times, in Politico, in the Economist, in the Washington Examiner, even on CBS, that the prime minister of Ukraine, the interior minister, the Ukrainian ambassador to the United States, the head of the Ukrainian Anti-Corruption League, all meddled in the election on social media and otherwise.”

This is false, patently false. None of these outlets identified manipulation or interference in our election. Individual Ukrainians have publicly criticized President Trump, but Kennedy prefers to utter the Kremlin propaganda line. He acknowledged that he did not attend a briefing that Fiona Hill referenced “that actually this entire effort to frame Ukraine for the Russian meddling of 2016, of which you, you just made this case that they’ve done it, that actually this is an effort of Russia propaganda, that this is a Russian intelligence propaganda campaign in order to get people like you to say these things about Ukraine,” as Todd put it. An incredulous Todd soldiered on:

TODD: They’re trying to frame Ukraine. You apparently were briefed about this in the United States Senate by intelligence officials. Are you at all concerned you’re doing Russian intelligence work here?

KENNEDY: I was not briefed. . . .
I wasn’t briefed. Dr. Hill is entitled to her opinion. But when the Economist magazine --

TODD: When does opinion, when does opinion become fact? Does 17 intelligence services saying it, does every Western intelligence ally saying Russia did this? I’m just sort of confused, at what point is it no longer an opinion for you?

KENNEDY: I don’t think it’s an opinion. I think it’s a fact.

Kennedy persisted in naming publications that did not confirm his claim of Ukrainian “interference.” Todd tried yet again:

TODD: I mean, my goodness, wait a minute, Senator Kennedy, you now have the president of Ukraine saying he actively worked for the Democratic nominee for president. I mean, now come on. I mean, I got to put up — you realize the only other person selling this argument outside the United States is this man, Vladimir Putin. This is what he said on November 20th: “Thank God nobody is accusing us anymore of interfering in U.S. elections. Now they’re accusing Ukraine. Well, let them sort this out among themselves.” You just accused a former president of Ukraine. You have done exactly what the Russian operation is trying to get American politicians to do. Are you at all concerned that you’ve been duped?

KENNEDY: No, because you -- just read the articles. . . .

TODD: Do you think there’s a difference in a country criticizing a presidential candidate who essentially endorsed another country’s invasion and annexation of a part of their country as equivalent to what Russia did with the DNC?
At that point Kennedy switched topics — to falsely claim Trump was not allowed to invite witnesses in the House Judiciary Committee’s upcoming impeachment hearings.

What to do about a senator who neglects his obligations to attend briefings, who perpetuates propaganda from an adversary of the United States and who deliberately misleads the public by conflating meddling/interference by an adversary and public criticism of a candidate?

Ultimately, it is up to the people of Louisiana to vote him out, but his fellow senators (are there no Republicans willing to stand up for objective reality?) need to condemn him roundly. The media, as Todd tried to do, must clarify that Kennedy is spouting disinformation. (Ideally the media should also disabuse the public of the notion that any individual of another country who criticizes a candidate is engaged in election interference.)

Kennedy is not alone in his obfuscation, but he is one of the most egregious examples. Frankly, it is for this reason — the need to set the public straight and to make a historical record — to proceed with impeachment. We look forward to the House Intelligence Committee’s report, due out for members Monday, which will begin the process of public education.

Unfortunately, we have one political party that would just as soon be used as Kremlin propagandists if it means helping Trump. (They never seem bothered by the realization that Trump’s interests and the Kremlin’s are in lockstep.) The solution for that, and for reestablishing truth as a principle of self-governance, is at the ballot box in 2020: Vote them all out, every last one of them."
Lol you post something from the biggest fake news agency out there? You must be desperate for lies to fit your narrative!
But the content is spot on........usually is, which is why it is derided by the Trumpistas.
It’s fake news. Haven’t you learned your lesson yet? Embarrassing for you. WaPo’s credibility is zero this anything they post like that isn’t true.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:25 am

Either you fell & hit your head in the shower or you're lying again. ...& who's Nasser ?
I was referring to what happened to PSU Asst Coach Mike McQueary when he reported what he knew (not rumors or locker room banter) to Paterno & his dad.
You & MD are towers of sanctimony & false courage when it comes to someone else, especially when they're your political opponent.
Did you see a video tape of Sandusky? Yes or no? The people who made reports on Strauss at OSU and what your boy Gym Jordan knew didn’t have a video tape so by your logic, Jordan and Strauss didn’t do anything wrong. It’s based on hearsay.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2018/02/who_ ... larry.html

Nassar was railroaded too!
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Bandito wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:22 pm
But the content is spot on........usually is, which is why it is derided by the Trumpistas.
It’s fake news. Haven’t you learned your lesson yet? Embarrassing for you. WaPo’s credibility is zero this anything they post like that isn’t true.
So nothing EVER from the WaPo is useful or true? This is kind of a reach. This is as crazy as claiming that everyone who opposes Trump is deluded and brainwashed and somehow extremist.

I prefer to read the article, research the quoted sources, and determine for myself the credibility of an article. I don't let tribal perogatives get in my way.....
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:28 pm
Bandito wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:22 pm
So nothing EVER from the WaPo is useful or true? This is kind of a reach. This is as crazy as claiming that everyone who opposes Trump is deluded and brainwashed and somehow extremist.

I prefer to read the article, research the quoted sources, and determine for myself the credibility of an article. I don't let tribal perogatives get in my way.....
Please refer to my 101 media lies about Trump thread and you’ll see why. The WaPo is one of the worst sources around. They are fake news. I’m sure you check out Fox, OANN, Breitbart, the college fix and follow conservatives on Twitter right? Yawn. Move along solider! The left, academia and the media are one and the same, yet you all still couldn’t beat Trump and won’t in 2020. Better get on the Biden train and start fantasizing about kids sitting on your lap.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
CU88

Post by CU88 »

In lawsuit against CNN, says network should have known Parnas was "a renowned liar, a fraudster, a hustler, an opportunist with delusions of grandeur..." Not good timing given phone records in intel report.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ine-report

recently, Nunes also has sued a "cow" account on twitter...

r's are DEPLORABLE
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:23 pm In lawsuit against CNN, says network should have known Parnas was "a renowned liar, a fraudster, a hustler, an opportunist with delusions of grandeur..." Not good timing given phone records in intel report.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ine-report

recently, Nunes also has sued a "cow" account on twitter...

r's are DEPLORABLE
The call records show how Nunes was in on the scam...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Bandito wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:37 pm
Please refer to my 101 media lies about Trump thread and you’ll see why. The WaPo is one of the worst sources around. They are fake news. I’m sure you check out Fox, OANN, Breitbart, the college fix and follow conservatives on Twitter right? Yawn. Move along solider! The left, academia and the media are one and the same, yet you all still couldn’t beat Trump and won’t in 2020. Better get on the Biden train and start fantasizing about kids sitting on your lap.
Actually your thread is less than impressive given how many articles have been written during that time period. You call it fake news because you don't like what it says, not because it isn't true (actually most of what the Washington Post publishes is pretty well fact based and comes with loads of backup data to show that).

Fox is less than reliable, especially outside of the hard news side (even that has a lot more problems), and OANN, Breitbart and the like are cesspools of junk news... Pravda level propaganda is a better description.

But that would be maybe too challenging to believe, I guess.

Return to “POLITICS”