Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:32 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:27 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:57 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:29 pm Three days after a 15-year-old killed 4 classmates in Michigan with his "early Christmas present," and his parents were charged with involuntary manslaughter, our country features a Congressman Kentucky tweeting this photo with his family. If you don't think this gun culture nonsense is a cancer on our society, you're not listening or watching.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/sta ... 3127422979

Guess which party. Only get one guess.
Party? What does that matter? It's disgusting on any level, IMO.
Yes sir, party matters. Another of the endless examples of the corrosion of this venerable old party into a performative, violence promoting, violence countenancing force in our community. Massie and Cawthorn and Greene and Boebert and Gohmert are rank and file figures now, where they'd have been fringe players only a decade ago. If you are a real independent, you cannot vote for this criminal gang.
Keep politicizing it and keep perpetuating it.
Wow, good thinking. If seacoaster stops posting about craven meta-violent GOP characters, it'll all go away. Maybe try that with covid.... Jesus F*cking Christ.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Well, apart from all else, Ethan’s Mom is a class act. Final sentence from her blog “letter” paean to tRumpfer:

“ A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting forked in the a$$ and would rather be grabbed by the punanny”

I had to edit it slightly to pass the “bar” here. View it in all of it’s glory here:

https://archive.vn/rRL9y
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:13 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:29 pm Three days after a 15-year-old killed 4 classmates in Michigan with his "early Christmas present," and his parents were charged with involuntary manslaughter, our country features a Congressman Kentucky tweeting this photo with his family. If you don't think this gun culture nonsense is a cancer on our society, you're not listening or watching.

Yes sir, party matters. Another of the endless examples of the corrosion of this venerable old party into a performative, violence promoting, violence countenancing force in our community. Massie and Cawthorn and Greene and Boebert and Gohmert are rank and file figures now, where they'd have been fringe players only a decade ago. If you are a real independent, you cannot vote for this criminal gang.
Wow, good thinking. If seacoaster stops posting about craven meta-violent GOP characters, it'll all go away. Maybe try that with covid.... Jesus F*cking Christ.
Just say, craven meta-violent characters...lose the GOP stuff.
Hey you've got to start somewhere.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Thanks for neat editorial tips. Here's a free tip back: He's a f*cking Congressman. Try to think.

You find Democrats making big statements about their family semi-auto collection and needing ammo from Santa after another mass shooting of a bunch of children, feel free to post their party affiliation.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:44 pm

Thanks for neat editorial tips. Here's a free tip back: He's a f*cking Congressman. Try to think.

You find Democrats making big statements about their family semi-auto collection and needing ammo from Santa after another mass shooting of a bunch of children, feel free to post their party affiliation.
I don't care what he is, it's disgusting. You can't help but make it all about politics. There is a difference.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:56 pm

I don't care what he is, it's disgusting. You can't help but make it all about politics. There is a difference.
I "can't help but make it about politics"? Are you alright? The guy is a United States Congressman. I'm not making it about politics. He is.

JFC, get a clue.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

It IS all about politics. Until conservatives and former (yes, now I’m a former) republicans like me all denounce this type of scum and stop voting for them this country is in big trouble. Existential trouble. Our humanity needs to be the most important thing we vote for. Massie, Cawthorn, Boebert, Greene, Cruz, Meadows, Trump…. Animals.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Bizarre. A family photo of gun-toters ostensibly celebrating the birth of Christ. A bunch of twisted a-holes.That’s the religious right. God help is.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:04 pm

I "can't help but make it about politics"? Are you alright? The guy is a United States Congressman. I'm not making it about politics. He is.

JFC, get a clue.
Seriously? It was quite obvious in your original post he is a R congressman. Why fan the political flames further? The guy sucks for what he and his family did. Most Rs I bet would agree.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Has seacoaster posted his political analysis yet of the man who drove through the Xmas parade ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:56 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:44 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:28 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:12 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:49 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:42 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:59 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:25 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:08 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:26 pm That isn't the point. If I am in my bedroom upstairs and an intruder is downstairs all I need to do is rack the slide on my shotgun and it will most likely have the desired effect.
I don't like this tactic at all. You've given the element of surprise away with this.
1. He now knows you're in the house.
2. He knows about where you are.
If I'm in a position that I've got my shotgun out for protection, I'm pumping and
firing when I see the intruder. If one isn't comfortable/confident in doing this,
he/she needs to practice more...which I don't think people do enough when
they go out and buy a gun for home protection.
It's 2 in the morning. My car is out front. He already knows where I am. I'm getting behind something solid and giving him a chance to retreat.
It’s 2 in the morning and my car is in the garage which was mandatory in the purchase of my home so my car never gets broken into and no one knows when I’m home. I have locks, dead bolts and alarms. In the insanely unlikelihood that someone breaks into my home with ADT stickers on all the windows and doors, I’d rather call the police than live with the nightmares of killing someone, regardless of the reason. I’ve pretty much planned it so that scenario never happens.

As an adult, I’ve lived within the city of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Philadelphia and now Buffalo. I have been burgled while not home, but never robbed or mugged. I have developed street smarts not to get victimized and I don’t have a gun and don’t feel the need for one. I think you need better planning.
Do how do you handle that period of time when your alarm goes off and the police arrive? If it takes 10 or 15 minutes for the police to arrive what do you do while waiting? If you enter my home at 2am I'm not waiting for the police to show up. I could be dead by then and the intruder could be long gone. Who knows, with the defund the police movement if the police will actually show up at all? I guess that is a chance you are willing to take.
Could be dead with a gun.
Or dead without one. I'm not going to judge anyone on the decisions they make to defend their castles. I decided a few months ago the baseball bat was not good enough for me anymore. My wife encouraged me to purchase my shotgun. I'm the person in charge of security at 2am. She will be trained by myself and be capable of defending herself if the circumstances dictate.
Yes you’re repeating the same point you made to which I inquired on but said it previously with such certainty that if you have a gun you’re safe.

I’m not saying anything on it for at home but the defenders all talk like they “get surgical with these bi**ches” (their gun) and the intruder is toast and they’ve saved the day 100% of the time and rarely, if at all, attempt to acknowledge a sliver of risk to anyone from owning a gun. Do you think having a gun is all reward no risk?
There is always a risk when you choose to purchase a firearm for home defense. I took the decision very seriously. I think I found the weapon that works best for my wife and I. If we are lucky I will never need it. If the worst case scenario materializes, I have something other than a baseball bat to fall back on. Or I could just wait 10, 20 or 30 minutes for the police to show up. I just need to figure out a way to entertain the intruder until law enforcement shows up.
Start complaining about liberals and the mayor of Rochester to throw the intruder off guard.

And we’re assuming all intruders are or have lethal intent right?
If your going to break into my house I really don't care what your intent is. What the intruder should be more concerned about is what my intent is. BTW, i don't live in the city of Rochester anymore. Myself and thousands of others got the hell out when the streets turned into a shooting gallery. The city of Rochester has created its own problems. The only thing they need to fick them is millions of dollars. The answer to any problem for any liberal is an infusion of taxpayer dollars. Then the problems will just vanish. The only thing that will vanish is alot of taxpayer money. These people do have very good intentions, they should be awarded bonus points for trying. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:44 am
get it to x wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:26 pm That isn't the point. If I am in my bedroom upstairs and an intruder is downstairs all I need to do is rack the slide on my shotgun and it will most likely have the desired effect.
I don't like this tactic at all. You've given the element of surprise away with this.
If I'm in a position that I've got my shotgun out for protection, I'm pumping and
firing when I see the intruder. If one isn't comfortable/confident in doing this,
It's 2 in the morning. My car is out front. He already knows where I am. I'm getting behind something solid and giving him a chance to retreat.
It’s 2 in the morning and my car is in the garage which was mandatory in the purchase of my home so my car never gets broken into and no one knows when I’m home. I have locks, dead bolts and alarms. In the insanely unlikelihood that someone breaks into my home with ADT stickers on all the windows and doors, I’d rather call the police than live with the nightmares of killing someone, regardless of the reason. I’ve pretty much planned it so that scenario never happens.

As an adult, I’ve lived within the city of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Philadelphia and now Buffalo. I have been burgled while not home, but never robbed or mugged. I have developed street smarts not to get victimized and I don’t have a gun and don’t feel the need for one. I think you need better planning.
Do how do you handle that period of time when your alarm goes off and the police arrive? If it takes 10 or 15 minutes for the police to arrive what do you do while waiting? If you enter my home at 2am I'm not waiting for the police to show up. I could be dead by then and the intruder could be long gone. Who knows, with the defund the police movement if the police will actually show up at all? I guess that is a chance you are willing to take.
Or dead without one. I'm not going to judge anyone on the decisions they make to defend their castles. I decided a few months ago the baseball bat was not good enough for me anymore. My wife encouraged me to purchase my shotgun. I'm the person in charge of security at 2am. She will be trained by myself and be capable of defending herself if the circumstances dictate.
Yes you’re repeating the same point you made to which I inquired on but said it previously with such certainty that if you have a gun you’re safe.

I’m not saying anything on it for at home but the defenders all talk like they “get surgical with these bi**ches” (their gun) and the intruder is toast and they’ve saved the day 100% of the time and rarely, if at all, attempt to acknowledge a sliver of risk to anyone from owning a gun. Do you think having a gun is all reward no risk?
There is always a risk when you choose to purchase a firearm for home defense. I took the decision very seriously. I think I found the weapon that works best for my wife and I. If we are lucky I will never need it. If the worst case scenario materializes, I have something other than a baseball bat to fall back on. Or I could just wait 10, 20 or 30 minutes for the police to show up. I just need to figure out a way to entertain the intruder until law enforcement shows up.
Start complaining about liberals and the mayor of Rochester to throw the intruder off guard.

If your going to break into my house I really don't care what your intent is. What the intruder should be more concerned about is what my intent is. BTW, i don't live in the city of Rochester anymore. Myself and thousands of others got the hell out when the streets turned into a shooting gallery. The city of Rochester has created its own problems. The only thing they need to fick them is millions of dollars. The answer to any problem for any liberal is an infusion of taxpayer dollars. Then the problems will just vanish. The only thing that will vanish is alot of taxpayer money. These people do have very good intentions, they should be awarded bonus points for trying. :roll:
Tom Brady walked into the wrong house shortly after moving to TB. He had just moved. Good thing he didn’t sign with the Bills!
You may have sacked him for good!
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:48 am

Tom Brady walked into the wrong house shortly after moving to TB. He had just moved. Good thing he didn’t sign with the Bills!
But then Giselle would be a “free agent” so maybe not a terrible thing to happen?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:57 am

But then Giselle would be a “free agent” so maybe not a terrible thing to happen?
There was a high school kid that went into the wrong house drunk in the middle of the night and was shot and killed. I used to own a weapon but got rid of it. Anyway, I had a pistol held to my head by a guy I have known all my life high on coke back in the early 1990s…it was over something trivial…..I got rid of mine when my kids came along. Most studies show that a handgun in the house usually results in a fatality involving a family member or friend. I decided to reduce that risk. Have a dog and an alarm. Hopefully that’s enough of a deterrent in 99% of forced entries at night.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:19 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:57 am

There was a high school kid that went into the wrong house drunk in the middle of the night and was shot and killed. I used to own a weapon but got rid of it. Anyway, I had a pistol held to my head by a guy I have known all my life high on coke back in the early 1990s…it was over something trivial…..I got rid of mine when my kids came along. Most studies show that a handgun in the house usually results in a fatality involving a family member or friend. I decided to reduce that risk. Have a dog and an alarm. Hopefully that’s enough of a deterrent in 99% of forced entries at night.
We won’t own one-I’ll take them to a range and shoot clay pigeons when they’re like 15-17 if they want but that’s it for me .
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:54 pm Has seacoaster posted his political analysis yet of the man who drove through the Xmas parade ?
Is he a Congressman??

I missed that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The way I feel about Tom Brady as a Bills fan I might have sacked him for good. There are about a hundred thousand Bills fans in Upstate that would love to have Tom walk into their house by accident.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

A question to everybody out there on this forum.. how is sensible gun control defined? I have my own opinion. I would like to read what folks on this forum think.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

What does one have to do with the other? It was a stupid picture. IMO that is a photo you keep only for the family to see. If poor judgement is what they are guilty of they have a lot of company from both parties.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:18 am

What does one have to do with the other? It was a stupid picture. IMO that is a photo you keep only for the family to see. If poor judgement is what they are guilty of they have a lot of company from both parties.
Not sure why I am responding at this point. You're hopping on the Dumb Guy Bandwagon.

The gentleman (see, I can be nice!) sitting in the picture is a United States Congressman. He chose to gather his family, equip them with their fetish-items and publish the family's "Christmas card" -- imploring Santa to "send ammo" -- on Twitter, three days after four high school kids were murdered with a legally obtained firearm, before any of their remains were laid to rest, while their parents and grandparents and friends and neighbors were still in the opening stages of grieving. His purpose was the usual GOP performance art of showing boundless, untethered "love" for the Second Amendment. This seems like a special brand of "bad judgment," and if you find it from the "FLP" who seem to haunt your home, you should let us know.

This is political. It is not a photograph aimed at celebrating a time of peace and reflection, or the gift of one's family. It is a type of performative nonsense that has the effect, perhaps unintended because Massie is such a f*cking idiot, of demeaning the deaths of those kids.

Return to “POLITICS”