Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by njbill »

As many have noted, the Clarence Thomas situation demonstrates without question that the Supreme Court should be governed by ethics rules. The Supreme Court has simply failed to take the appropriate steps in this regard. If Congress ever becomes functional again, one would hope they would pass legislation in this regard.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:17 pm As many have noted, the Clarence Thomas situation demonstrates without question that the Supreme Court should be governed by ethics rules. The Supreme Court has simply failed to take the appropriate steps in this regard. If Congress ever becomes functional again, one would hope they would pass legislation in this regard.
But Hunter may have used his family name to land positions he would not have otherwise landed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... -rcna29462

There is a lot more being hidden. Joe was in on it, because what dad wouldn’t be involved with their addicted son’s schemes?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:44 am
njbill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:33 am Should Clarence Thomas go to jail for tax evasion? Seems to me that his crimes are a lot more serious than Hunter’s. After all, he is a Supreme Court Justice while Hunter is simply a private citizen.
well, maybe not "simply"...

Seriously, anyone know how gifts of trips and vacations and flights etc should get reported on tax returns?

It's certainly never occurred to me that if I visit a friend in Maine or in Colorado for a long weekend or week at their home, or second home, or accepted a flight on a private plane with them, that I should estimate the value and report it to the IRS as income...on the other hand, it's never occurred to me that if I went on vacation with someone I wouldn't be paying for our portion of the vacation costs. And if I was visiting a friend's home, I'd be bringing a case of wine, house gifts, paying for dinner out...something!

If someone gave me $100k to spend on my vacation, would that not be a gift exceeding gift tax exclusion? Would that not be reported as income?

Or is all this stuff carefully done to avoid IRS issues?
Those are true gifts to you, MD, except perhaps your $100,000 example. They are not taxable to you. What Clarence received is certainly not a gift. It is taxable income. I would be very surprised, even shocked, if he reported it.

Where do you include non-gifts like Thomas got on a tax return? Without looking into it, I’m not sure. But there are certainly catchall other income categories on the tax form. If you truly have a question about this, ask your accountant.

You are mixing up gift tax rules with income. If it is a true gift, the donor may have to pay gift tax under certain circumstances. The recipient does not pay any tax, gift or income. If it is not a true gift, and it is income, the recipient must pay income tax. The donor does not pay gift tax in that situation.
As I personally don't expect to ever have such issue, this is just about assessing whether Thomas actually has jeopardy and why the IRS may not pursue it.

What makes something a "true gift" versus "income"?

Is hospitality a "true gift"...certainly usually it is, and very rarely would such exceed $16,000 annual value or the lifetime value of gifts to a single individual (something that does impact family moving money pre-estate)...but what makes this with Thomas not hospitality? or a "true gift"...what makes it actual "income"?

BTW, yes, my $100,000 example had the element of cash which I then spend, rather than a vacation paid for by someone else. At a minimum that would trigger the gift aspect...not sure I understand what makes it income, though...but I see why at least someone should be paying taxes!

I think Crow avoids the gift issue with his paying for education, a regular exclusion...which things trigger something else, and why income versus gift?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:25 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:17 pm As many have noted, the Clarence Thomas situation demonstrates without question that the Supreme Court should be governed by ethics rules. The Supreme Court has simply failed to take the appropriate steps in this regard. If Congress ever becomes functional again, one would hope they would pass legislation in this regard.
But Hunter may have used his family name to land positions he would not have otherwise landed.

There is a lot more being hidden. Joe was in on it, because what dad wouldn’t be involved with their addicted son’s schemes?
Different issue, but if you are arguing there should be much tighter controls on people like Hunter, Ivanka, and Jared, I certainly would agree.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:25 pm

Different issue, but if you are arguing there should be much tighter controls on people like Hunter, Ivanka, and Jared, I certainly would agree.
I would argue that ethical should apply to all of them and in the case of family members working for the government, even more so. Private citizens would have a little more leeway I would imagine. I am as poking fun of the idea that Joe was in business with Hunter….anything is possible but not sure how probable. Joe running deals with a Hunter given Hunter’s personal assessment of himself doesn’t seem probable but I don’t know Joe personally. Parents that I know of drug addicts didn’t want them in the house, let alone running deals with them but who knows.
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:26 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:33 am Should Clarence Thomas go to jail for tax evasion? Seems to me that his crimes are a lot more serious than Hunter’s. After all, he is a Supreme Court Justice while Hunter is simply a private citizen.

Seriously, anyone know how gifts of trips and vacations and flights etc should get reported on tax returns?

It's certainly never occurred to me that if I visit a friend in Maine or in Colorado for a long weekend or week at their home, or second home, or accepted a flight on a private plane with them, that I should estimate the value and report it to the IRS as income...on the other hand, it's never occurred to me that if I went on vacation with someone I wouldn't be paying for our portion of the vacation costs. And if I was visiting a friend's home, I'd be bringing a case of wine, house gifts, paying for dinner out...something!

If someone gave me $100k to spend on my vacation, would that not be a gift exceeding gift tax exclusion? Would that not be reported as income?

Those are true gifts to you, MD, except perhaps your $100,000 example. They are not taxable to you. What Clarence received is certainly not a gift. It is taxable income. I would be very surprised, even shocked, if he reported it.

Where do you include non-gifts like Thomas got on a tax return? Without looking into it, I’m not sure. But there are certainly catchall other income categories on the tax form. If you truly have a question about this, ask your accountant.

You are mixing up gift tax rules with income. If it is a true gift, the donor may have to pay gift tax under certain circumstances. The recipient does not pay any tax, gift or income. If it is not a true gift, and it is income, the recipient must pay income tax. The donor does not pay gift tax in that situation.
As I personally don't expect to ever have such issue, this is just about assessing whether Thomas actually has jeopardy and why the IRS may not pursue it.

Is hospitality a "true gift"...certainly usually it is, and very rarely would such exceed $16,000 annual value or the lifetime value of gifts to a single individual (something that does impact family moving money pre-estate)...but what makes this with Thomas not hospitality? or a "true gift"...what makes it actual "income"?

BTW, yes, my $100,000 example had the element of cash which I then spend, rather than a vacation paid for by someone else. At a minimum that would trigger the gift aspect...not sure I understand what makes it income, though...but I see why at least someone should be paying taxes!

I think Crow avoids the gift issue with his paying for education, a regular exclusion...which things trigger something else, and why income versus gift?
What makes something a gift is really a fairly simple fact issue. Why the IRS hasn’t come after him, I don’t know? Maybe they are or have started an investigation based on the recent stories. Hope so.

I think we all can agree that the “gifts” Thomas has received go well beyond normal “hospitality” that may be extended now and then to folks. And true hospitality, as I have said, generally is a gift and not taxable to the recipient.

I visited my sister at Squam Lake a few weeks ago. She did not charge me for my stay. While there, I bought a few group meals for the gang. I did not ask to be reimbursed. Those were true gifts back-and-forth. Not income to anybody.

Don’t know enough about the education situation to have an opinion, but, yes, there are a different layer of rules involved there.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:41 pm

What makes something a gift is really a fairly simple fact issue. Why the IRS hasn’t come after him, I don’t know? Maybe they are or have started an investigation based on the recent stories. Hope so.

I think we all can agree that the “gifts” Thomas has received go well beyond normal “hospitality” that may be extended now and then to folks. And true hospitality, as I have said, generally is a gift and not taxable to the recipient.

I visited my sister at Squam Lake a few weeks ago. She did not charge me for my stay. While there, I bought a few group meals for the gang. I did not ask to be reimbursed. Those were true gifts back-and-forth. Not income to anybody.

Don’t know enough about the education situation to have an opinion, but, yes, there are a different layer of rules involved there.
We're at Squam now!

Past 3 days filled with wedding on Church Island yesterday of my niece and goddaughter to a fellow UVA alum. 150, great group.
I'm recovering now...

We'll be here another two weeks over on Harvard Point, so western view of the lake.

Played a little golf over at Bald Peak on Winnepesaukee on Thursday with my son and my cousin and his son.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’m jealous. Never enough time at Squam.

Edit. Just looked up where you are. Not all that far from the house my sister rents which is the house that was used for the movie On Golden Pond. House isn’t much to speak of, but it’s a great property. East, west, and south exposures. We spent a few hours at the Yard Islands. Looks to be real near you.

Stop posting and go outside and enjoy yourself. :D
Last edited by njbill on Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:41 pm

I have never visited Squam Lake but I almost spent a Summer there in college…..instead I was mopping floors and cleaning bathrooms at a department store from 6:00 am to 10:00 am before being patter down by security everyday at the end of my shift…. That was a constant reminder that I could have been at the lake with my college buddies and teammates….
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:25 am
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:39 am
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:35 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:47 pm
The old Soviet joke was that you pretend to work, and we’ll pretend to pay you. In this case, the Biden administration was pretending to investigate, and now it’s pretending to be independent.
The National Review is, as usual, lying. This was a Trump admin. operation from start to finish. Still is.

Weiss is a Trump appointee. And Barr was the man who put Weiss in charge, by splitting merging the IRS and DoJ cases by HIS order, and splitting where the work was done, instead of keeping it in DC, as the IRS whistleblowers pursue.

This is where the TinFoil comes in, OS: these are all Trump's people running the show. The IRS, the FBI, and DoJ. All of them were Trump appointees.

It is factually incorrect to lay this at Joe Biden's feet, OS.

If you want to blame them for corruption? That's fine, I have no quarrel. But it's factually incorrect to label these men as "Joe Biden's crew". Nope. Total lie by RighWingMedia to spoon feed their clickbait BS.
You can only hide behind the Trump appointee canard for so long. Weiss was on the Hunter investigation as part of the Biden Admin DoJ longer than he was as a member of the Trump Admin DoJ. The SOLs were allowed to expire under the Biden Admin DoJ.

More evidence was turning up the whole time. The laptop stuff couldn't be used until it was corroborated by another source, like the other end of the emails. They had Tony Bobulinski but it took time to get Archer & Hunter's other partners & associates. The FD 2023 had to be verified. It was the Biden DoJ that denied the search warrant for Hunter's guest house residence & tipped off his attorneys of a pending search of his storage unit. It took time to get financial records, like Rob Walker's bank records that the House now has.

It's a pathetic dodge to blame the time it has taken on Barr & a weak excuse to be willfully blind & to ignore everything that took place under the Biden DoJ. Maybe Barr just didn't feel like they had a solid enough case yet by the time he left office.

How 'bout providing a source that I can read that explains your theories about what Barr did to bury or delay the Hunter investigation.
What are you reading that lays the failure to investigate Hunter at the feet of Barr ? I'd like to read it too ?
no, an "objective reading" of a fan would be the claim that Barr is "in on it", too. The IRS agents said that the investigation was being slow walked during Barr's tenure, they thought there was enough to prosecute at that point...they also think it's been slow walked since then.

Which means that Barr is "in on it", the slow walking...you know, actually having a provable case before prosecuting. Don't indict until you're fully convinced that a jury will be convinced to convict unanimously. In that respect, Barr probably was "in on it"...

The question is why we would think that "the Biden DOJ" is any more nefarious than the same careful decision making process? They left the US Attorney appointed by the former guy on the case to continue it, they said they'd be hands off, US Attorney has said they've been hands off...and that he's been able to exercise his judgment.

And Weiss was willing to accept a plea deal that limited the outcome...but IMO he either reneged on what had been communicated, given all the pressure he was feeling from the right in Congress...OR...they never actually had the deal locked down as tight as everyone was assuming...which is a big problem of lawyering on both sides...how was this not in writing, clear as a bell? Seems to me the first possibility is quite plausible and perhaps the deal was plenty clear before the judge started pushing the issue and exposing that the deal was supposed to conclude all matters versus just some. And that had become a hot potato...but then, Hunter's side apparently agreed to accept the lesser deal...and the only sticking point was who to trust to decide that Hunter had or had not abided by his probation.

But I dunno...neither does anyone else on here.

Meanwhile a firestorm kicked up by MAGA in Congress, claiming that the "Biden DOJ" has "interfered, has brought all sorts of politics into the process, necessitating AG Garland to agree to appoint Weiss a Special Prosecutor, formally insulating him from such specious claims.

And from Hunter's side, the MAGA firestorm only made more clear how crucial it is for him to not be subject to MAGA "retribution". Personally, I'd have zero trust in a future Trump DOJ if I was in Hunter's shoes...they've already made clear that career prosecutors will be out, and partisan storm troopers will come in, "throats will be cut"...this won't be a Barr taking the job, at best it'll be a Jeffrey Clark type, willing to do any bidding from Der Leader...who actually thinks the DOJ should be used as a personal weapon...

But hey, get Barr and Wray in there before Congress to explain why they "slow-walked" the investigation and prosecution decisions...pretty sure their answer will be the same as would be anyone now...being careful and methodical is not nefarious, nor are partisan, unfounded, spurious claims of such proof that crimes have actually been committed and covered up for political purposes. Could simply be that there isn't proof of crimes of the sort being claimed at all...

But here's what I want to know...why the heck the IRS agents haven't brought a case forward on Trump's decades of tax evasion???

sure looks a whole lot more clear cut than that Joe Biden took bribes through Hunter...!!
Show me where the WB's specifically said that about Barr & his tenure -- or are you just deducing that.

You & afan are just blowing smoke. The fact remains that the SOL expired for tax years 2014-15 under the Biden Admin DoJ & nothing was done to prevent it, despite the WB"S internal protests. Weiss, Monaco, Garland & the Biden Admin had plenty of time & fair warning about the SOL.
Stop trying to obfuscate & shift the blame.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Last edited by old salt on Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:18 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:03 am
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:30 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:05 pm https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 338937007/

Wesley Snipes went to jail for tax evasion
Did you spot the difference?

You mean “differences.” There are several.

But an article pretty much based on the opinion of Byron Donalds, MAGA toady, seems pretty authoritative.

Old Saltine is NEVER going to be happy or satisfied until Hunter gets convicted and goes to jail. Of course, his standard for Fatso Cheato is totally different and more facts are needed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's how the cracker crumbles, you know :oops:
No opinion involved. Did Snipes serve 3 years for failing to file, or not ?

Are you ok with Hunter skating on failing to file for 2014 & 2015, because the SOL was allowed to run ?
Do you think Hunter should have to pay ALL of his back taxes, including penalties & interest, just like you or I would have to, or be held accountable as we would ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:46 pm You & afan are just blowing smoke. The fact remains that the SOL expired for tax years 2014-15 under the Biden Admin DoJ & nothing was done to prevent it, despite the WB"S internal protests. Weiss, Monaco, Garland & the Biden Admin had plenty of time & fair warning about the SOL.
I'm doing no such thing. And who the F is it you think I'm "shifting the blame" to? I'm giving you facts. You just don't want to hear this.

All of this was Weiss' call. Weiss is a Republican, and was appointed by Trump himself.

Blame him. This has NOTHING to do with any calls that Joe Biden made.

It's all on Weiss. His call. He's your man if you believe in your conspiracy. And Barr for giving him the case, and telling the world that he was perfectly happy with the job Weiss was doing, and a special prosecutor was unneeded.

The bulk of the investigation was done in 2020.....all the Ukraine stuff? Done.

So again-----Barr has to be hiding something from you. So does Weiss.

Those are your two culprits. Your conspiracy is impossible without them either being "in on it", or being incompetent lawyers, and/or incompetent managers of lawyers.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:53 pm No opinion involved. Did Snipes serve 3 years for failing to file, or not ?

Are you ok with Hunter skating on failing to file for 2014 & 2015, because the SOL was allowed to run ?
Do you think Hunter should have to pay ALL of his back taxes, including penalties & interest, just like you or I would have to, or be held accountable as we would ?
That's just it: Hunter paid the money the DoJ and IRS were asking for. Snipes didn't.

And if you don't like it? We're back to your Republican pal Weiss....blame him. A lifelong Republican and Trump appointee is protecting Hunter Biden in your view.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:25 am
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:39 am
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:35 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:47 pm
The old Soviet joke was that you pretend to work, and we’ll pretend to pay you. In this case, the Biden administration was pretending to investigate, and now it’s pretending to be independent.
The National Review is, as usual, lying. This was a Trump admin. operation from start to finish. Still is.

Weiss is a Trump appointee. And Barr was the man who put Weiss in charge, by splitting merging the IRS and DoJ cases by HIS order, and splitting where the work was done, instead of keeping it in DC, as the IRS whistleblowers pursue.

This is where the TinFoil comes in, OS: these are all Trump's people running the show. The IRS, the FBI, and DoJ. All of them were Trump appointees.

It is factually incorrect to lay this at Joe Biden's feet, OS.

If you want to blame them for corruption? That's fine, I have no quarrel. But it's factually incorrect to label these men as "Joe Biden's crew". Nope. Total lie by RighWingMedia to spoon feed their clickbait BS.
You can only hide behind the Trump appointee canard for so long. Weiss was on the Hunter investigation as part of the Biden Admin DoJ longer than he was as a member of the Trump Admin DoJ. The SOLs were allowed to expire under the Biden Admin DoJ.

More evidence was turning up the whole time. The laptop stuff couldn't be used until it was corroborated by another source, like the other end of the emails. They had Tony Bobulinski but it took time to get Archer & Hunter's other partners & associates. The FD 2023 had to be verified. It was the Biden DoJ that denied the search warrant for Hunter's guest house residence & tipped off his attorneys of a pending search of his storage unit. It took time to get financial records, like Rob Walker's bank records that the House now has.

It's a pathetic dodge to blame the time it has taken on Barr & a weak excuse to be willfully blind & to ignore everything that took place under the Biden DoJ. Maybe Barr just didn't feel like they had a solid enough case yet by the time he left office.

How 'bout providing a source that I can read that explains your theories about what Barr did to bury or delay the Hunter investigation.
What are you reading that lays the failure to investigate Hunter at the feet of Barr ? I'd like to read it too ?
no, an "objective reading" of a fan would be the claim that Barr is "in on it", too. The IRS agents said that the investigation was being slow walked during Barr's tenure, they thought there was enough to prosecute at that point...they also think it's been slow walked since then.

Which means that Barr is "in on it", the slow walking...you know, actually having a provable case before prosecuting. Don't indict until you're fully convinced that a jury will be convinced to convict unanimously. In that respect, Barr probably was "in on it"...

The question is why we would think that "the Biden DOJ" is any more nefarious than the same careful decision making process? They left the US Attorney appointed by the former guy on the case to continue it, they said they'd be hands off, US Attorney has said they've been hands off...and that he's been able to exercise his judgment.

And Weiss was willing to accept a plea deal that limited the outcome...but IMO he either reneged on what had been communicated, given all the pressure he was feeling from the right in Congress...OR...they never actually had the deal locked down as tight as everyone was assuming...which is a big problem of lawyering on both sides...how was this not in writing, clear as a bell? Seems to me the first possibility is quite plausible and perhaps the deal was plenty clear before the judge started pushing the issue and exposing that the deal was supposed to conclude all matters versus just some. And that had become a hot potato...but then, Hunter's side apparently agreed to accept the lesser deal...and the only sticking point was who to trust to decide that Hunter had or had not abided by his probation.

But I dunno...neither does anyone else on here.

Meanwhile a firestorm kicked up by MAGA in Congress, claiming that the "Biden DOJ" has "interfered, has brought all sorts of politics into the process, necessitating AG Garland to agree to appoint Weiss a Special Prosecutor, formally insulating him from such specious claims.

And from Hunter's side, the MAGA firestorm only made more clear how crucial it is for him to not be subject to MAGA "retribution". Personally, I'd have zero trust in a future Trump DOJ if I was in Hunter's shoes...they've already made clear that career prosecutors will be out, and partisan storm troopers will come in, "throats will be cut"...this won't be a Barr taking the job, at best it'll be a Jeffrey Clark type, willing to do any bidding from Der Leader...who actually thinks the DOJ should be used as a personal weapon...

But hey, get Barr and Wray in there before Congress to explain why they "slow-walked" the investigation and prosecution decisions...pretty sure their answer will be the same as would be anyone now...being careful and methodical is not nefarious, nor are partisan, unfounded, spurious claims of such proof that crimes have actually been committed and covered up for political purposes. Could simply be that there isn't proof of crimes of the sort being claimed at all...

But here's what I want to know...why the heck the IRS agents haven't brought a case forward on Trump's decades of tax evasion???

sure looks a whole lot more clear cut than that Joe Biden took bribes through Hunter...!!
Show me where the WB's specifically said that about Barr & his tenure -- or are you just deducing that.

You & afan are just blowing smoke. The fact remains that the SOL expired for tax years 2014-15 under the Biden Admin DoJ & nothing was done to prevent it, despite the WB"S internal protests. Weiss, Monaco, Garland & the Biden Admin had plenty of time & fair warning about the SOL.
During the investigation, Ziegler said he "felt handcuffed." For example, he says he wanted prosecutors to obtain a search warrant to access a Virginia storage unit to search for potential business records but they declined to do so. He said requests to interview Hunter Biden's adult children about the tax payments were frustrated by prosecutors, whom he claims said the requests could "get us into hot water."

Ziegler's requests to pursue a number of investigative avenues came when Trump was still in office and Attorney General William Barr had instituted a policy requiring he personally approve any investigation of a president or presidential candidate.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hunter-bid ... stigation/

And from this reporting: https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden ... 6504d45bef

IRS supervisory special agent Greg Shapley, and a second agent, Joe Ziegler, claimed there was what Shapley called in testimony a pattern of “slow-walking investigative steps” into Hunter Biden, including during the Trump administration in the months before the 2020 election that Joe Biden won.

The second IRS whistleblower, Ziegler, described his frustrations with the way the case was handled, dating to the Trump administration under Attorney General William Barr. The tax agency employee said he started the investigation into Hunter Biden in 2015 and began to delve deeply into the now 53-year-old’s life and finances.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:58 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:53 pm No opinion involved. Did Snipes serve 3 years for failing to file, or not ?

That's just it: Hunter paid the money the DoJ and IRS were asking for. Snipes didn't.

And if you don't like it? We're back to your Republican pal Weiss....blame him. A lifelong Republican and Trump appointee is protecting Hunter Biden in your view.
Are you sure about that ? Did Hunter pay back taxes, penalties & interest for 2014 & 2015 ?
He used an unsecured "loan" (which) he's made no payments on, to pay for 2017 & 2018.
Are you sure he's paid up for all years ?

https://whyy.org/articles/delaware-hunt ... urt-trial/
A ‘third party’ loaned Biden $2.6M to settle four years of tax debts
In November 2019, a month after his extended filing deadline for 2018, Biden hired a California accountant to begin ‘gathering materials’ to prepare his 2017 and 2018 tax returns.

Wise said that happened partly because Biden was under the gun in another legal matter.

At the time, he faced two lawsuits seeking child support payments and was “under court order to provide his tax returns or face potential sanctions including imprisonment,’’ Wise said.

Finally, in February 2020, Biden belatedly filed his tax returns for 2017 and 2018, but paid nothing toward the $1.2 million outstanding balance. The IRS had previously withheld $164,000 from his paychecks for those years.

In October 2021 — 20 months after he finally filed his forms — Biden’s lender paid $1.9 million for the overdue taxes, penalties, and interest for 2017 and 2018.

That didn’t end Biden’s tax difficulties, however.

The accountant also learned that Biden had not filed his 2016 return, which had its own problems.

That paperwork had been prepared in October 2017 and claimed Biden only had an outstanding tax obligation of $15,520. Yet he had not filed the documents or paid the money.

The revised 2016 return, filed in June 2020, showed he was paid $1.6 million but still owed $45,600 from a tax bill of $493,000.

For 2019, during which he had an income of $1.05 million, Biden received a filing extension until October 2020, and filed the return on time.

Biden didn’t send a check with either the 2016 or 2019 returns, however.

The lender covered those debts too, however, also in October 2021. By that time the amount owed for those years had ballooned, with penalties and interest, to $689,000.

Although Biden told the judge he is not making payments on the loan, he called the agreement “a normal typical loan with terms and a time frame.”

The defendant didn’t elaborate and the judge didn’t press him further about the private transaction that aimed to finally square him financially with the government his father now presides over.

Last edited by old salt on Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:46 pm

Are you sure about that ? Did Hunter pay back taxes, penalties & interest for 2014 & 2015 ?
He used an unsecured "loan" (which) he's made no payments on, to pay for 2016 & 2017.
According to Weiss? Yes. All paid up. Again: direct all your questions, anger, and whatever else to your fellow party member Weiss.

I've gone on record as to how gross I think it is that 1%er connections paid Hunter's tab. Nothing we can do about it, any more than I can stop the disgusting $1 Billion+ Kushner got. Welcome to America.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:49 pm

He used an unsecured "loan" (which) he's made no payments on, to pay for 2017 & 2018.
According to Weiss? Yes. All paid up. Again: direct all your questions, anger, and whatever else to your fellow party member Weiss.

I've gone on record as to how gross I think it is that 1%er connections paid Hunter's tab. Nothing we can do about it, any more than I can stop the disgusting $1 Billion+ Kushner got. Welcome to America.
Did Kushner file & pay his taxes ?

Are you sure Hunter's paid up for all years ? ...going back to 2014-2015 ? with the SOL run, is he off the hook for those years ?

https://whyy.org/articles/delaware-hunt ... urt-trial/
A ‘third party’ loaned Biden $2.6M to settle four years of tax debts
In November 2019, a month after his extended filing deadline for 2018, Biden hired a California accountant to begin ‘gathering materials’ to prepare his 2017 and 2018 tax returns.

Wise said that happened partly because Biden was under the gun in another legal matter.

At the time, he faced two lawsuits seeking child support payments and was “under court order to provide his tax returns or face potential sanctions including imprisonment,’’ Wise said.

Finally, in February 2020, Biden belatedly filed his tax returns for 2017 and 2018, but paid nothing toward the $1.2 million outstanding balance. The IRS had previously withheld $164,000 from his paychecks for those years.

In October 2021 — 20 months after he finally filed his forms — Biden’s lender paid $1.9 million for the overdue taxes, penalties, and interest for 2017 and 2018.

That didn’t end Biden’s tax difficulties, however.

The accountant also learned that Biden had not filed his 2016 return, which had its own problems.

That paperwork had been prepared in October 2017 and claimed Biden only had an outstanding tax obligation of $15,520. Yet he had not filed the documents or paid the money.

The revised 2016 return, filed in June 2020, showed he was paid $1.6 million but still owed $45,600 from a tax bill of $493,000.

For 2019, during which he had an income of $1.05 million, Biden received a filing extension until October 2020, and filed the return on time.

Biden didn’t send a check with either the 2016 or 2019 returns, however.

The lender covered those debts too, however, also in October 2021. By that time the amount owed for those years had ballooned, with penalties and interest, to $689,000.

Although Biden told the judge he is not making payments on the loan, he called the agreement “a normal typical loan with terms and a time frame.”

The defendant didn’t elaborate and the judge didn’t press him further about the private transaction that aimed to finally square him financially with the government his father now presides over.

a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:54 pm

Are you sure Hunter's paid up for all years ? ...going back to 2014-2015 ? with the SOL run, is he off the hook for those years ?
:lol: You are REALLY unhappy that Weiss is a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee, aren't you?

Take it up with Weiss, my man. I'm not a lawyer, or in charge of this case. Weiss is.

You'll still get a Republican Party Christmas Card if you blame a R for doing something you don't like, OS! ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:17 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:54 pm

:lol: You are REALLY unhappy that Weiss is a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee, aren't you?

Take it up with Weiss, my man. I'm not a lawyer, or in charge of this case. Weiss is.

You'll still get a Republican Party Christmas Card if you blame a R for doing something you don't like, OS! ;)
Can I interpret that dodge as you don't care enough that Hunter still hasn't paid all the back taxes, penalties & interest that you or I would?

Return to “POLITICS”