All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bart wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:56 pm
Bart wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:45 pm question for any who think they can guess how fda might operate in a unique situation here in 2020.

astrazeneca stopped trials for a bit during phase 3. many of the countries picked right back up for their participants pretty quickly, while u.s. participants took quite a bit longer. not looking it up, but that was 20-30k of their 50k worldwide volunteers.

given that there will be a bar of minimum participants and readouts... will the fda care if they're not all u.s. participants? will they use results as they cross the threshold from any nation?
I don’t know the answer from an FDA point of view in my mind, a person is a person. The human immunologic system varies but I doubt enough to invalidate the responses from out of the good ole USA. But who knows.....it’s 2020
What are your thoughts on the AstraZeneca vaccine platform. My wife said she favors that one than versus the others.
Good question. Short answer........the one that works? ;)

I think the adenovirus vector has a bunch of upsides like ease of storage and scalability that make it real enticing.
My guess is “all things being equal”. She said she would rather not take an injection of genetic material, all things being equal. I didn’t get into detail and I am not sure how closely she has followed it.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:00 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:45 pm question for any who think they can guess how fda might operate in a unique situation here in 2020.

astrazeneca stopped trials for a bit during phase 3. many of the countries picked right back up for their participants pretty quickly, while u.s. participants took quite a bit longer. not looking it up, but that was 20-30k of their 50k worldwide volunteers.

given that there will be a bar of minimum participants and readouts... will the fda care if they're not all u.s. participants? will they use results as they cross the threshold from any nation?
I don’t know the answer from an FDA point of view in my mind, a person is a person. The human immunologic system varies but I doubt enough to invalidate the responses from out of the good ole USA. But who knows.....it’s 2020
What are your thoughts on the AstraZeneca vaccine platform. My wife said she favors that one than versus the others.

I think the adenovirus vector has a bunch of upsides like ease of storage and scalability that make it real enticing.
My guess is “all things being equal”. She said she would rather not take an injection of genetic material, all things being equal.
sounds like a conspiracy theory. she probably watches too many movies. or reads science.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:05 pm

My guess is “all things being equal”. She said she would rather not take an injection of genetic material, all things being equal.
sounds like a conspiracy theory. she probably watches too many movies. or reads science.
That reading science part can be a problem.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 38636.html

Interesting article. I never followed it up....makes you question the nature of a person.
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

My guess is “all things being equal”. She said she would rather not take an injection of genetic material, all things being equal. I didn’t get into detail and I am not sure how closely she has followed it.
Chicken ;)

This quick reference by a couple of guys on the interweb give some basic pros and cons of the technologies, and a few more: https://theconversation.com/from-adenov ... ies-145454

The paper they talk about in the first part goes into a bit more detail
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:29 pm

Chicken ;)

This quick reference by a couple of guys on the interweb give some basic pros and cons of the technologies, and a few more: https://theconversation.com/from-adenov ... ies-145454

I am going to send that to my wife. Thanks. She is getting ready for finals so not sure she will have time to go through it. She often wonders how I come across this stuff.....
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:10 pm

Interesting article. I never followed it up....makes you question the nature of a person.
you 2 are going to need to suck it up for the common good. strap on in.

article is interesting. made me think if you're up for committing a violent crime with dna evidence involved, a bone marrow transplant might be a defense avenue.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:28 pm JoeMauer, that's not what Cruz is saying. He's saying, Immediately after the election if Biden wins. Guaranteed. All a Democrat hoax to make Trump look bad...
Funny how Joe apparently wants to explain Cruz to us...don't listen to what he actually said, instead explain that Dems bad, media bad, must be...right?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:10 pm

you 2 are going to need to suck it up for the common good. strap on in.

article is interesting. made me think if you're up for committing a violent crime with dna evidence involved, a bone marrow transplant might be a defense avenue.
:lol: :lol: Something out of Columbo!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Chicken ;)

She read it. She mentioned the Chinese have an adenovirus vector also. She said the risk is low with the others but wonders about genome integration. Not my field.
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Chicken ;)

She read it. She mentioned the Chinese have an adenovirus vector also. She said the risk is low with the others but wonders about genome integration. Not my field.
I think that may always be a possibility but it is a mRNA. Codes for protein. Shouldn’t have introns so I would wonder how it would integrate? Not my gig but I can ask around after finals.
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Chicken ;)

I think that may always be a possibility but it is a mRNA. Codes for protein. Shouldn’t have introns so I would wonder how it would integrate? Not my gig but I can ask around after finals.
I may ask.... might be theoretical.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PA extends stay at home order and adds alcohol ban for night before Thanksgiving:

https://breaking911.com/breaking-pennsy ... forcement/
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:08 pm PA extends stay at home order and adds alcohol ban for night before Thanksgiving:

those ihme guys sure can sling the p.r.

wouldn't want to be a lot of the waitresses, cashiers in pa on wednesday.

buckle up.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:34 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:08 pm PA extends stay at home order and adds alcohol ban for night before Thanksgiving:

buckle up.
I feel bad for people working in those industries but we have little choice. I believe it was inevitable that their activity would be curtailed. My plan would have been to arrange a package for people in that industry. I believe we would have less spread and it would have been less expensive but what do I know.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:43 pm

buckle up.
I feel bad for people working in those industries but we have little choice. I believe it was inevitable that their activity would be curtailed. My plan would have been to arrange a package for people in that industry. I believe we would have less spread and it would have been less expensive but what do I know.
tsk, tsk. no individual packages at this point tld.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:53 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:43 pm

buckle up.
tsk, tsk. no individual packages at this point tld.
Nope.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A little humor...well, kinda. 8-)

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Early Coronavirus Mutation Made It Harder to Stop, Evidence Suggests https://nyti.ms/3pV0ngz
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Covid-19 in the midwest: https://apple.news/ArUKkilrTTzi98E1exCJ3Vg

Spoke with my sister yesterday. She is a nurse at a large hospital in Ohio. She was calling to ask about Thanksgiving and when and if our kids have been tested since she knows they will be home....I asked about her hospital. In the spring, they had 1 floor dedicated to COVID. They have three floors now and they are filling up. She said she has been working a lot of hours and the hospital is paying double time for nurses that can come in. She doesn’t work the COVID floors due to her health history (breast cancer). Much different than the Spring where they caught a break.
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 pm Early Coronavirus Mutation Made It Harder to Stop, Evidence Suggests https://nyti.ms/3pV0ngz
The “G” strain has been the dominant strain for some time.

Return to “POLITICS”