Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Orange Duce

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:43 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:57 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:06 pm “Asked for comment, Steven Cheung, a spokesman for Mr. Trump, did not directly address Mr. Tacopina’s departure, saying only that Mr. Trump “has the most experienced, qualified, disciplined, and overall strongest legal team ever assembled” as he fights his various cases, which he has slammed as partisan efforts to prevent him from being re-elected president.”

Hold my beer…..

O.J Simpson was represented by a high-profile defense team, referred to as the "Dream Team,” which was initially led by Robert Shapiro[12][13] and subsequently directed by Johnnie Cochran. The team also included F. Lee Bailey, Alan Dershowitz, Robert Kardashian, Shawn Holley, Carl E. Douglas, and Gerald Uelmen. Barry Scheck and Peter Neufeld were two additional attorneys who specialized in DNA evidence.
So do you think OJ was guilty?? My opinion is 100% biased. In my world as a lifelong Bills fan OJ was sadly probably guilty. I actually very briefly met OJ once. It was 1976, my sister gave me a HS graduation present. My mom's sister lived in North Hollywood . My cousin Bruce worked at Warner Brothers studios on movies like The Gumball Rally. He was a classic car junkie. OJ was filming a movie with Elizabeth Montgomery at the time. Before my sister and I were booted out OJ walked right past me. He looked at me and smiled and nodded. Pretty heady stuff for a guy like me.

Actually the highlight of my tour directed by my cousin Bruce wound up at Waltons Mountain. I have photogrpic evidence of a very young Cradle standing on the front porch of that iconic TV series.
What do you think I believe about OJ’s trial?
I'm guessing you and I feel the same way. OJ was found not guilty in a court of law. That is the only opinion that matters. OJs # 32 is still on the ring of honor at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park. I hope it stays there when they move to their new stadium. I always remember OJ the very first time I saw him play running back I believe it was the Rose Bowl in 1968. His blend of speed and elusiveness has not been matched by very many running backs since. In his era Gayle Sayers before he tore up his knee and of course the legendary James Brown who also was a phenomenal lacrosse player.
I have no doubt about his guilt. OJ is an example I use regarding people that committed a crime yet aren’t in jail and there are plenty of people that didn’t comma crime and yet are in jail. Don’t get caught up in the legal system is my advice. OJ Simpson is the best NFL Running Back I have ever seen.
Gayle Sayers before he blew out his knee was the same style of runner OJ was. I can't disagree with with you. OJ Simpson had every tool imaginable. He could run around you he could run through you he could pull a jump cut that was an ankle breaker. I remember when he capped off his 2003 yards rushing in the snow at Rich Stadium. His talent as a pure runner has never been matched. Don't get me wrong, there are a plethora of outstanding running backs, OJ just had something that was hard to define unless you saw him run. A lot of NFL linebackers found themselves trying to tackle air.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:06 pm “Asked for comment, Steven Cheung, a spokesman for Mr. Trump, did not directly address Mr. Tacopina’s departure, saying only that Mr. Trump “has the most experienced, qualified, disciplined, and overall strongest legal team ever assembled” as he fights his various cases, which he has slammed as partisan efforts to prevent him from being re-elected president.”

Hold my beer…..

O.J Simpson was represented by a high-profile defense team, referred to as the "Dream Team,” which was initially led by Robert Shapiro[12][13] and subsequently directed by Johnnie Cochran. The team also included F. Lee Bailey, Alan Dershowitz, Robert Kardashian, Shawn Holley, Carl E. Douglas, and Gerald Uelmen. Barry Scheck and Peter Neufeld were two additional attorneys who specialized in DNA evidence.
Plus the DAs are more competent this time around…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Hold my beer…..

So do you think OJ was guilty?? My opinion is 100% biased. In my world as a lifelong Bills fan OJ was sadly probably guilty. I actually very briefly met OJ once. It was 1976, my sister gave me a HS graduation present. My mom's sister lived in North Hollywood . My cousin Bruce worked at Warner Brothers studios on movies like The Gumball Rally. He was a classic car junkie. OJ was filming a movie with Elizabeth Montgomery at the time. Before my sister and I were booted out OJ walked right past me. He looked at me and smiled and nodded. Pretty heady stuff for a guy like me.

Actually the highlight of my tour directed by my cousin Bruce wound up at Waltons Mountain. I have photogrpic evidence of a very young Cradle standing on the front porch of that iconic TV series.
This is the correct answer but you won’t watch which is a shame for you

https://youtu.be/C_3YoGU53do?si=KaRechSS187Ah8la
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:43 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:30 pm

Hold my beer…..

What do you think I believe about OJ’s trial?
I'm guessing you and I feel the same way. OJ was found not guilty in a court of law. That is the only opinion that matters. OJs # 32 is still on the ring of honor at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park. I hope it stays there when they move to their new stadium. I always remember OJ the very first time I saw him play running back I believe it was the Rose Bowl in 1968. His blend of speed and elusiveness has not been matched by very many running backs since. In his era Gayle Sayers before he tore up his knee and of course the legendary James Brown who also was a phenomenal lacrosse player.
I have no doubt about his guilt. OJ is an example I use regarding people that committed a crime yet aren’t in jail and there are plenty of people that didn’t comma crime and yet are in jail. Don’t get caught up in the legal system is my advice. OJ Simpson is the best NFL Running Back I have ever seen.
Dawg you missed a guy they called “Sweetness”! My man Walter is the greatest. With all due respect to Barry S, Jim B, Gayle, Earl, Oj, Emily and Eric. It’s science!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OJ Simpson was as fast with his body turned at an angle as most guys running straight through a hole. He could make himself thin while cutting with tremendous speed. I didn’t see Gayle Sayers but many with say he was the best pure runner. All the guys you mentioned were great. Dickerson with the Rams was OJ like. I guy once said you couldn’t hear Dickerson’s pads when he ran.

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:51 pm

OJ Simpson was as fast with his body turned at an angle as most guys running straight through a hole. He could make himself thin while cutting with tremendous speed. I didn’t see Gayle Sayers but many with say he was the best pure runner. All the guys you mentioned were great. Dickerson with the Rams was OJ like. I guy once said you couldn’t hear Dickerson’s pads when he ran.

Emily should’ve read Emmitt who I barely stick on that list and sometimes wonder if he was even better than Tony Dorsett.

But still. It’s Walters world.

https://youtu.be/ooT_uz--O2A?si=4l665GXM0A07DMDI
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:58 pm

Emily should’ve read Emmitt who I barely stick on that list and sometimes wonder if he was even better than Tony Dorsett.

I was never a big Walter Payton fan. Maybe it was the teams but I never saw much of him.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:58 pm

I was never a big Walter Payton fan. Maybe it was the teams but I never saw much of him.
That’s alright. You’ll still be admitted into his heaven. He forgives all sinners.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

CU88a

Post by CU88a »

I have never seen this, even in movies; from the Judge in 2 x IMPOTUS o d Carroll defamation trial:

"The Judge started jury selection by advising prospective jurors of measures that would be taken to protect their anonymity and suggesting they not use their real names with other jurors."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Tom Nichols in The Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters ... ign=social

"Years of Humiliation

Last night’s Iowa caucus results confirm that Donald Trump is almost certainly headed for the GOP presidential nomination. So much for the hopes of establishment Republicans (the handful who remain, anyway) and other conservatives that voters would refuse to join Trump’s personal crusade for vengeance against the American system of government.

Such hopes were always the thinnest of reeds: The Republican base actively embraces Trump’s grievances; it emulates his pettiness; it supports his childlike inability to accept responsibility. These voters are not sighing in resignation and voting for the lesser of two or three or four evils. They are getting what they want—because they, too, are set on revenge.

These voters are not settling a political score. Rather, they want to get even with other Americans, their own neighbors, for a simmering (and likely unexpected) humiliation that many of them seem to have felt ever since swearing loyalty to Trump.

A lot of people, especially in the media, have a hard time accepting this simple truth. Millions of Americans, stung by the electoral rebukes of their fellow citizens, have become so resentful and detached from reality that they have plunged into a moral void, a vortex that disintegrates questions of politics or policies and replaces them with heroic fantasies of redeeming a supposedly fallen nation.

Poll numbers on this issue are dispiriting. A third of Republicans—and four in 10 voters who have a favorable view of Trump—agree with the statement that “true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country.” But violence against whom? We are not under foreign occupation. When people talk about “resorting to violence” they are, by default, talking about violence against their fellow citizens, some of whom have already been threatened merely for working in their communities as election volunteers.

But perhaps such views are merely overheated samplings from super-red MAGA pockets, and the heartland voters are more sensible. No such luck. In Iowa, 19 percent of 502 likely GOP caucus attendees said Trump’s statement that he might have “no choice” but to lock up his political opponents made them more inclined to vote for him. One out of five might not seem like a lot, but another 43 percent said they didn’t care one way or another. Trump’s ranting about “terminating” parts of the Constitution made only 14 percent more likely to vote for him, but again, 36 percent didn’t care. What a triumph: Only one in eight Iowa GOP caucus voters supports trashing the Constitution.

The words of actual Trump supporters are even more unnerving than looking at raw poll numbers. My friend, the writer David French, lives deep in MAGA country. “You can go to social gatherings here in the South,” he wrote last week, and hear people whisper to friends, “Don’t talk about politics in front of Dad. He’s out of control.” David is also a lawyer, and he notes:

I know that rage and conspiracies aren’t unique to the right. During my litigation career, I frequently faced off against the worst excesses of the radical left. But never before have I seen extremism penetrate a vast American community so deeply, so completely and so comprehensively.

Meanwhile, much farther north, my colleague McKay Coppins attended a Trump rally in Iowa earlier this month, where he spoke with a nice lady named Kris, “a 71-year-old retired nurse in orthopedic sneakers” who watches Trump rallies on Rumble or FrankSpeech (a platform launched by the MyPillow founder, Mike Lindell) and believes that the 2020 election was “most definitely” stolen.

“You think Trump should still be president?” I asked.

“By all means,” she said. “And I think behind the scenes he maybe is doing a little more than what we know about.”

“What do you mean?”

“Military-wise,” she said. “The military is supposed to be for the people, against tyrannical governments,” she went on to explain. “I hope he’s guiding the military to be able to step in and do what they need to do. Because right now, I’d say government’s very tyrannical.” If the Democrats try to steal the election again in 2024, she told me, the Trump-sympathetic elements of the military might need to seize control.

What can turn an ordinary person—a father, the pleasant older lady who lives down the street—into the family powder keg, or even a deluded seditionist who hopes the U.S. military will seize control of the country?

The usual answer, when Trump ran the first time, was that these were “forgotten” voters, people “left behind” by globalization and a leftist political culture, who were hurling out a giant primal yawp of opposition. These were never empirically sustainable explanations, but empathetic reporters and deeply concerned politicians went on listening tours to diners and gas stations anyway. When ordinary Americans would say shocking, indecent, and un-American things, their flummoxed interlocutors remained steadfast in the belief that more listening and more empathetic nodding would put things right in a few years.

And yet, nothing worked. Trump and his right-wing media courtiers—who tend to the anger of the older, white middle class the way florists lovingly raise orchids—fed the GOP base a continual stream of rage, especially as Trump started to pile up electoral defeats. These voters now want to get even with their fellow citizens not for what’s been done to Trump but for what they feel has been done to them. They were certain that 2016 would finally bring them the recognition and respect they craved. Instead, Trump set them up for a steady diet of ego-bruising rebukes from other voters.

Much like Trump himself, these voters are unable to accept what’s happened over the past several years. Trump, in so many ways, quickly made fools of them; his various inanities, failures, and possible crimes sent them scrambling for ever more bizarre rationalizations, defenses of the indefensible that separated them from family and friends. If in 2016 they suspected, rightly or wrongly, that many Americans looked down on them for any number of reasons, they now know with certainty that millions of people look down on them—not for who they are but for what they’ve supported so vocally.

Strings of losses, including the 2018 Democratic-wave election, Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory, and the “red wave” that never happened in 2022, forced MAGA voters to construct an alternate reality in which the patriotic, hardworking majority has been repeatedly thwarted by schemes so complicated that SPECTRE would have struggled to execute them. Worse, a culture (especially in the media) that for a time was desperate to understand their views now either ignores them or treats them as dangerous curiosities.

The only good thing that came out of Iowa last night is that we are now spared further public performances from Vivek Ramaswamy. And it is a hopeful sign that nearly half of the caucus-goers chose someone besides Trump. But we are fooling ourselves if we think that the coming year will be just another peaceful competition between two political parties. Trump wants payback; so do millions of voters who have no one to blame for their sense of humiliation but themselves."
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Don't forget that the vote in Iowa represented 14% of the Iowa GOP, and with the weather as bad as it was, it also was mostly the most committed of supporters.

In spite of that low sample of the electorate, almost half did not vote for the OD. And about a third of these GOP said that if Trump were the nominee, their vote would be for Biden...

Also, the total number voting was quite small compared to recent years...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88a wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:29 am I have never seen this, even in movies; from the Judge in 2 x IMPOTUS o d Carroll defamation trial:

"The Judge started jury selection by advising prospective jurors of measures that would be taken to protect their anonymity and suggesting they not use their real names with other jurors."
... I seem to recall the judge in the Trump business fraud case did the same thing.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:11 pm Don't forget that the vote in Iowa represented 14% of the Iowa GOP, and with the weather as bad as it was, it also was mostly the most committed of supporters.

In spite of that low sample of the electorate, almost half did not vote for the OD. And about a third of these GOP said that if Trump were the nominee, their vote would be for Biden...

Also, the total number voting was quite small compared to recent years...
... this is all true.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:19 pm
CU88a wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:29 am I have never seen this, even in movies; from the Judge in 2 x IMPOTUS o d Carroll defamation trial:

... I seem to recall the judge in the Trump business fraud case did the same thing.
No jury in the state court fraud case.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:29 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:19 pm

No jury in the state court fraud case.
... yup, correct, so I remember some Trump trial where this same announcement was made to the jury. Which one?? When did judge Kaplan make this announcement to the jury? If it was a couple weeks ago, that is probably what I am remembering. Don't get old is the lesson, I guess.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So Trump's "dumbass in chief" Peter Navarro convicted for contempt of congress.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d1f8&ei=19
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Deceiver!

With DeSanctimonious dropping out, it's clear that tRump will be the GOP's candidate. The real question is, who will be his running mate.

Lots of other really good toons about tRump in DU today:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/119810145
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Late report on Trump's White House pharmacy and how it was mismanaged:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/inspe ... 4170&ei=38
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:12 am Late report on Trump's White House pharmacy and how it was mismanaged:

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:35 am
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:12 am Late report on Trump's White House pharmacy and how it was mismanaged:

You learn something new on this forum every single day. I never knew that trump was a pharmacist or that he even owned a lab coat.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”