Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: The GOP, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by Trinity »

The kompromat is strong with Nikki.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:05 pm Nikki Haley interview with Nora O'Donnell. Based on this interview Haley falls into the class Trump lover. No chance I would ever consider voting for her.
She's right at least in part. You can't disobey the POTUS. In 10 years we're going to hear about the craziness, and how many orders were ignored or disobeyed.

This Haley lady would send a few hundred thousand more troops to the ME to prove how tough she was if you gave her half a chance, and an "excuse" to do so.

Hard Pass.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So much hatred for women around here among the FLP elitist snobs... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) apparently cannot discern between Jesus Christ and William Shakespeare when attempting to defend DOPUS.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marsha-b ... 27b235aecc

Have to love this Twitter reply
"That was Shakespeare. I think it was Jesus who warned us about the Republicans."

Makes one wonder where exactly do they find these "geniuses" and think they can actually run this country?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 am So much hatred for women around here among the FLP elitist snobs... :D

Strong misogyny. Overt racism too! So sad to see. I thought some of us had accepted a world of equals, but alas, we are no better today than yesterday.

:lol:

(for the Nikki-cum-Republican haters out here, and you know who you are, Nikki is likely your first female POTUS and Amy Conant Barrett is your next SCOTUS judge, so please tread lightly when slamming women who have scaled high hurdles such as these two)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:05 pm Nikki Haley interview with Nora O'Donnell. Based on this interview Haley falls into the class Trump lover. No chance I would ever consider voting for her.

I am fairly positive that decision was never really ever in play for you... :lol:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Bill Moyers says that he fears for the U.S. "for the first time in my long life."

"A democracy can die of too many lies. And we're getting close to that terminal moment unless we reverse the obsession with lies that are being fed around the country."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical and expected democrat scare tactics......Crap is played out.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Trinity wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:40 am Bill Moyers says that he fears for the U.S. "for the first time in my long life."

"A democracy can die of too many lies. And we're getting close to that terminal moment unless we reverse the obsession with lies that are being fed around the country."

Bill Moyers, in an honest world, would have been drummed out of public life many decades ago. Among many flagrant examples of being fed $$ for favored 'reporting' (never divulged to his willing audiences), Moyer was producing TV programs on PBS in favor of various controls on campaign contributions -- while he himself was collecting $200,000 a year from a foundation (the Florence and John Schumann Foundation) that plugged just such legislation. The hypocrisy of this guy is almost unmatched. He is a tool of the large government ethos, pretending to be something that he is not.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:26 am Typical and expected democrat scare tactics......dump is played out.

Exactly. America writ large has never been stronger; democracy has never been stronger. The folks who do not want democracy or America to be strong are the ones yelling the sky is falling.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Subpoenas are optional. New privileges for leaders abound. Ho hum.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trinity wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:42 am Subpoenas are optional. New privileges for leaders abound. Ho hum.
Like more subpoenas than legislation my a d majority in the House....almost sounds like the majority the R's had...except those deadbeats did nothing.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 am Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) apparently cannot discern between Jesus Christ and William Shakespeare when attempting to defend DOPUS.

"That was Shakespeare. I think it was Jesus who warned us about the Republicans."

Makes one wonder where exactly do they find these "geniuses" and think they can actually run this country?
WWSD?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:21 am

I am fairly positive that decision was never really ever in play for you... :lol:
I would have voted for her over Trump if that was my choice. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:39 pm
She's right at least in part. You can't disobey the POTUS. In 10 years we're going to hear about the craziness, and how many orders were ignored or disobeyed.

This Haley lady would send a few hundred thousand more troops to the ME to prove how tough she was if you gave her half a chance, and an "excuse" to do so.

Hard Pass.
True dat!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:45 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 am Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) apparently cannot discern between Jesus Christ and William Shakespeare when attempting to defend DOPUS.

WWSD?
Hah!! Good one.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:37 am
Trinity wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:40 am Bill Moyers says that he fears for the U.S. "for the first time in my long life."

Bill Moyers, in an honest world, would have been drummed out of public life many decades ago. Among many flagrant examples of being fed $$ for favored 'reporting' (never divulged to his willing audiences), Moyer was producing TV programs on PBS in favor of various controls on campaign contributions -- while he himself was collecting $200,000 a year from a foundation (the Florence and John Schumann Foundation) that plugged just such legislation. The hypocrisy of this guy is almost unmatched. He is a tool of the large government ethos, pretending to be something that he is not.
Clear insights into the mind of an "independent".

Are you saying he was a hypocrite because he produced programs consistent with the views of a foundation he served on???
Where exactly is the 'hypocrisy'?

From 1990: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Totally understandable. GOP is busy preparing to host Erdogan from Turkey this week.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:28 pm Totally understandable. GOP is busy preparing to host Erdogan from Turkey this week.
Erdogan can provide our VSG some advice on how to handle political dissent.

Vlad's already shared his advice.
Same for MBS.

Interesting 60 Minutes episode last night on Duterte, another Trump buddy: 27,000 dead.
But, hey, he's "popular" and "strong" !

Return to “POLITICS”