Seeding comes down to tiebreakers and assorted
nonsense,

ugghhh !
Henpecked

Re: Colonial Athletic Association 2022

Post by Henpecked »

Hens #1 play Dragons #4 at 4pm
Towson #2 play #3 UMass at 7pm

Joke parade. For the second straight year the Hens play the #4 seed at the 4 seed stadium.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

And i see Drexel winning. They practice on that field etc. comfortable setting. Good match up for Towson. Hofstra played well today. But it means nada .
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Any of the other three teams could beat Drexel.

Fairfield, Hofstra could beat Drexel.
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

damn shame , hofstra was razor sharp on offense, good production out of the recruits from north of the border , faifield had some door step looks that didnt go , that was the difference - best of luck to the hof seniors and their future endeavors
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Hofstra played v well. Sykes & McIntosh were aprox 80% shooting. Low turnovers.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

It took a while to get it together,

but as others had guessed,
Hof’s overall offense might improve without Tierney.
JustPassingThrough

Post by JustPassingThrough »

Henpecked wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:17 pm Hens #1 play Dragons #4 at 4pm

Joke parade. For the second straight year the Hens play the #4 seed at the 4 seed stadium.
Not sure there's any real homefield advantage for Drexel,, other than not having to travel during finals.. Drexel was 1-2 in CAA play at home, including losses to Delaware and Towson, and a squeaker over Fairfield where the game wining goal bounced to Coll on the crease when Fairfield LSM landed a trailcheck.

With everyone at 3-2 or 2-3, seeding seems kind of meaningless in CAA tourney this year. Heck, the winner of the Delaware-Fairfield game was going to be the 1 or 2 seed and the loser was out. Even Hofstra at 1-3 had a path to get in that almost happened.

Picking this tourney feels like a series of coin flips.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Does Delaware take the tournament for the first time in DeLuca's era there?
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

JustPassingThrough wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:35 am

Not sure there's any real homefield advantage for Drexel,, other than not having to travel during finals.. Drexel was 1-2 in CAA play at home, including losses to Delaware and Towson, and a squeaker over Fairfield where the game wining goal bounced to Coll on the crease when Fairfield LSM landed a trailcheck.

With everyone at 3-2 or 2-3, seeding seems kind of meaningless in CAA tourney this year. Heck, the winner of the Delaware-Fairfield game was going to be the 1 or 2 seed and the loser was out. Even Hofstra at 1-3 had a path to get in that almost happened.

I agree that these teams are all so close it will come down to one or two hit pipes, kick saves or caused turnovers in each of these games. I can't begin to guess who will win.

I was simply lamenting the Blue Hen's luck that the CAA changed the home field hosting rule the last two years when Delaware would have hosted by the old rules. The only real advantage of home field is not traveling and having more of your fans attend the game. I don't know too many Hen fans who fought NYC traffic to travel to Long Island last year besides the player's parents. And I know for a fact that most Delaware fans have no interest in heading into that crappy "stadium" in West Philadelphia with a lousy parking lot on a Thursday evening to watch in person this week. It is truly the worst pre-game experience in college lacrosse. And the stands are smaller and less comfortable than most area high schools.
JustPassingThrough

Post by JustPassingThrough »

Henpecked wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:02 am
JustPassingThrough wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:35 am

I agree that these teams are all so close it will come down to one or two hit pipes, kick saves or caused turnovers in each of these games. I can't begin to guess who will win.

I was simply lamenting the Blue Hen's luck that the CAA changed the home field hosting rule the last two years when Delaware would have hosted by the old rules. The only real advantage of home field is not traveling and having more of your fans attend the game. I don't know too many Hen fans who fought NYC traffic to travel to Long Island last year besides the player's parents. And I know for a fact that most Delaware fans have no interest in heading into that crappy "stadium" in West Philadelphia with a lousy parking lot on a Thursday evening to watch in person this week. It is truly the worst pre-game experience in college lacrosse. And the stands are smaller and less comfortable than most area high schools.
All valid points! And I had written/deleted two sentences about the underwhelming game day experience in Philly!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hopefully, they open up the entire upper and lower areas
for parking, but then you’re talking about very slow going.

Assuming they have security in full force, there is parking a
couple blocks away drive in parking buildings which would be
fairly secure since that is hospital parking.

But 7pm in W Philly start time, 9:30pm or so, that is too late to
be in W Philly.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

More info on parking,

GAME DAY
Gates open for all Vidas Field lacrosse games one-hour
before face-off. At that time, ticket sales, team pass
lists, general will calls, and student tickets will be available
for pick up. All tickets purchased at Vidas are cash only.

PARKING
Vidas Athletic Complex
Vidas Athletic Complex will open 3 hours prior to the
first game each day.

GPS Address:
4300 Powelton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Additional parking will be available at 17 N 41st Street. This
lot is free and just two blocks from Vidas Athletic Complex.
Click here for directions on Google Maps.
Again, for that other lot, I’ll guess they are ramping up their
security detail to protect that other lot and people walking
back and forth from the different lots.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

The best suggestion that I have for anyone thinking about attending Thursday night...Don't.

If 1,000 people attend they will consider that a successful event. That neighborhood is ranked "F" for both violent crime and property crime. IF you consider the recent crime statistics for "19104" you have a 3 in 1,000 chance of having your car stolen or carjacked. You also have a 6 in 1,000 chance of being assaulted and a 4 in 1,000 chance of being robbed. As someone who has been robbed in that neighborhood many years ago, I would say stay home.

LSN coverage is pretty good. I will listen to Greg Guerenlian wax poetic about FOGOs all night while the LSN feed freezes up intermittently. :D

The Championship game in the afternoon on Saturday is a better option.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

It should not be at Drexel for 10 reasons. If they received the #1, and they’re playing that the #1 hosted fine. As lacrosse fans it’s great that this weekend just about every conference playoffs is on some version of national television. But, not the CAA it’s on LSN. Absurd
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Henpecked wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:48 pm The best suggestion that I have for anyone thinking about attending Thursday night...Don't.

If 1,000 people attend they will consider that a successful event. That neighborhood is ranked "F" for both violent crime and property crime. IF you consider the recent crime statistics for "19104" you have a 3 in 1,000 chance of having your car stolen or carjacked. You also have a 6 in 1,000 chance of being assaulted and a 4 in 1,000 chance of being robbed. As someone who has been robbed in that neighborhood many years ago, I would say stay home.

LSN coverage is pretty good. I will listen to Greg Guerenlian wax poetic about FOGOs all night while the LSN feed freezes up intermittently. :D

The Championship game in the afternoon on Saturday is a better option.
I got robbed at the 46th street EL, a couple blocks up the
street.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

All CAA teams announced.

https://caasports.com/news/2022/5/3/fou ... onors.aspx

I am surprised at Jack Mulcahy as offensive player of the year.

Also, Mike Robinson didn’t make 1st team, but I guess a trade
off since JP Ward was named 1st team attack.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

CAA write up on the tournament,

and of course, without favoring any one team,
I’ll just say the Hens haven’t been to the finals
in quite a while,

https://caasports.com/news/2022/5/3/fou ... nship.aspx

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”