JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by ggait »

Great job by Special Ops. Oo-rah.

As for Cadet Bone Spurs:

BFD. He should've gotten Al-baghdadi sooner. He didn't get Al-Bagdadi -- Special Ops did. Trump didn't do anything. Anyone with a brain would have done the same thing.

What goes around...

“Wouldn’t it have been nice if we got Osama Bin Laden a lot sooner than that, wouldn’t it have been nice? You know, living—think of this—living in Pakistan, beautifully in Pakistan in what I guess they considered a nice mansion, I don’t know, I’ve seen nicer. But living in Pakistan right next to the military academy, everybody in Pakistan knew he was there. They took him down but—look, look, there’s news right there, he lived in Pakistan, we’re supporting Pakistan, we’re giving them $1.3 billion a year, which we don’t give them anymore, by the way, I ended it because they don’t do anything for us, they don’t do a damn thing for us.”

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
Stop congratulating Obama for killing Bin Laden. The Navy Seals killed Bin Laden. #debate
6:12 PM - 22 Oct 2012

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Yesterday I explained to @wolfblitzercnn on @CNNSitRoom why @BarackObama doesn't deserve credit for killing Bin Laden http://bit.ly/TkduX
Video News - CNN
10:49 AM - Dec 9, 2011

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Admiral McRaven had full operational control of the Bin Laden mission http://bit.ly/Kg7vrN @BarackObama gave vague directions.
What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission | Breitbart

The memo doesn't show a gutsy call. It doesn't show a president willing to take the blame for a mission gone wrong. It shows a CYA maneuver by the White House.
breitbart.com
11:41 AM - Apr 27, 2012

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
When the military informed Obama that they had Bin Laden, is there anyone with a brain that would not have said "Ok, go get him"?
10:02 AM - Oct 23, 2012
Last edited by ggait on Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Begrudgingly covered by the lefts megaphones in the MSM.

Nothing from Democrats
ggait

Post by ggait »

Well Trump could have called them:

Before the 2011 raid in Pakistan that killed bin Laden, the Obama administration did give advance word to the top two Democrats and Republicans in the House and Senate as well as the four leaders of the congressional intelligence committees.

And the GOP didn't say much about bin laden either:

Obama's bin Laden coup has GOP at a loss for words

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politi ... 31519.html
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

.....and the difference. Leaking in this era is like a colander for the past 3 years. Not to mention, Schiff has not been trustworthy of late.

This completely detracts from the success of the mission. And is nothing more than talking points of partisanship. Next we’ll hear there is probably something impeachable in his latest decision.

How about we just be thankful......for once.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

.....and the difference. Leaking in this era is like a colander for the past 3 years. Not to mention, Schiff has not been trustworthy of late.
Nonsense.

GOP was intensely opposed to Obama. Yet Obama informed the full bi-partisan gang of eight.

Trump did not. Only informed a few Reps, but unclear how many. Apparently, Trump doesn't trust Reps either. Not appropriate.

And did you catch how Trump spent his news conference talking about his many successful books? Including the one that would have averted 9/11 if only people had listened to him. And did you catch his twitter rants posted above about how lame Obama and McCraven were in going after bin Laden. Trump is just not the same as other people -- Rep and Dem.

He's still a POS and always will be.

Proudly moderate, non-partisan and Never Trump!!
old salt

Post by old salt »

^^^ that's when the ranking (D) on the HPSIC was a former Terp & Mt Wash Dman who did not leak like a sieve & play to the cameras.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:07 pm Begrudgingly covered by the lefts megaphones in the MSM.

Nothing from Democrats
You are so blinded by hate that you don't even try to listen or read. HIP HIP HOORAY.Go ahead. Make it up like your boy DONNY DOUCHEBAG.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:03 pm ^^^ that's when the ranking (D) on the HPSIC was a former Terp & Mt Wash Dman who did not leak like a sieve & play to the cameras.
Yawn
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

… leaking like a sieve and playing to the cameras -- perfect description of Orange Duce. :lol:

"He was whimpering, screaming, and crying." -- sure he was. :lol: :lol: Trump can never play it straight. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:35 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:16 pmYou've previously made it sound as if you were supporting Trump's decision...
No I did not. You interpret any discussion of an issue which does not include a harsh critique of Trump as support.
...withdrawing air support... Would that have meant 'fighting' the Turks? Well, yes, if they were firing on us or those we were protecting, darn tootin...and Trump should have made clear that would be result of our taking fire. We certainly have those capabilities.
You have a fundamental lack of understanding of the tactical situation that departs from rationality.
So...what did Trump actually say to Erdogan?
My hunch is that perhaps he hemmed and hawed and choked and sputtered and then said, "well, if that's what you're going to do, we'll get out of the way." And then said to those who had been listening, 'well, time to get out anyway, right boys? I said, right boys?"
I'll rely on the public statements of the members of the chain of command who were privy to the call, rather than your hunch.
You seem to be unable to understand the reality that we had agreed with the Turks, months in advance, to not militarily oppose an incursion into Syria, so long as US troops were not endangered.
Your arrogance continues unabated, Salty.

I appreciate your sharing with us various 'tactical' detail that you feel is relevant to the discussions. Truly do.

But you have big blinders on.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:16 pmYou've previously made it sound as if you were supporting Trump's decision...
No I did not. You interpret any discussion of an issue which does not include a harsh critique of Trump as support.
...withdrawing air support... Would that have meant 'fighting' the Turks? Well, yes, if they were firing on us or those we were protecting, darn tootin...and Trump should have made clear that would be result of our taking fire. We certainly have those capabilities.
You have a fundamental lack of understanding of the tactical situation that departs from rationality.
My hunch is that perhaps he hemmed and hawed and choked and sputtered and then said, "well, if that's what you're going to do, we'll get out of the way." And then said to those who had been listening, 'well, time to get out anyway, right boys? I said, right boys?"
I'll rely on the public statements of the members of the chain of command who were privy to the call, rather than your hunch.
You seem to be unable to understand the reality that we had agreed with the Turks, months in advance, to not militarily oppose an incursion into Syria, so long as US troops were not endangered.

I appreciate your sharing with us various 'tactical' detail that you feel is relevant to the discussions. Truly do.

Blinders ? You have a bucket over your head if you think the use of US air power against NATO ally Turkey in this scenario was a viable option.
...& Erdogan knew that.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Blinders ? You have a bucket over your head if you think the use of US air power against NATO ally Turkey in this scenario was a viable option.
...& Erdogan knew that.
That was the only option at that point?

And are you really saying that had the Turks been shelling our guys on the ground, air power response wasn't a "viable option"?

Serious question.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:31 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:18 pm

...& Erdogan knew that.
That was the only option at that point?

And are you really saying that had the Turks been shelling our guys on the ground, air power response wasn't a "viable option"?

Serious question.
There would have been significant casualties on both sides, but the Turks would have continued.
Do you think we'd escalate with 5000 personnel. several special & tactical aircraft & 50 nucs held hostage at Incirlik ?
The US Chain of Command was not so stupid enough as to allow such a dilemma to arise.
Had they been ordered to do so -- then you might have seen some resignation letters.
Serious answer.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:03 pm ^^^ that's when the ranking (D) on the HPSIC was a former Terp & Mt Wash Dman who did not leak like a sieve & play to the cameras.
Get over it. Stop being hysterical.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Initial reports indicate --
-- Army Delta Force (direct action), 75th Ranger Regiment (force protection) & their dedicated 160th Night Stalkers Aviation Regiment.
-- mission to/from Irbil in NW Iraq
-- 8 helos, primarily MH-47G Chinooks, with gunships (probably MH-60 L/M Direct Action Penetrator variants)

All probably equipped with in-flight refueling probes to refuel enroute from C-130's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/160th_Spe ... (Airborne)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_CH ... ook#MH-47G
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_ ... al_purpose

I hope Mark Bowden & Ridley Scott do the movie.
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:02 pm
Nothing to get over. I'm enjoying this news cycle immensely. Have a nice day. .:lol:.

Susan Rice picked a great time to do a book tour. She hasn't lost her sense of timing.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:26 pm Baghdadi Bob bagged :
https://www.thehindu.com/news/internati ... 811552.ece
:D Damn, it just keeps getting better.

With the collateral intel the good guys now have after this raid, who knows where this will lead...
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:20 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:02 pm
Nothing to get over. I'm enjoying this news cycle immensely. Have a nice day. .:lol:.
This is spoiling seacoaster's impeachment-palooza :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:21 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:26 pm Baghdadi Bob bagged :
https://www.thehindu.com/news/internati ... 811552.ece
:D Damn, it just keeps getting better.

With the collateral intel the good guys now have after this raid, who knows where this will lead...
That’s a good publication. I read it frequently.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”