THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:12 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:13 am https://hopkinssports.com/news/2019/4/5 ... unced.aspx

https://vimeo.com/299744890/f2f16ea8f9

Remember like a week ago when some of you were saying Shanahan doesn't care about the success of the program?
How many other schools are trying to raise $10 million in endowment for their Division I lacrosse programs? One thing for certain ... President Daniels had to support this campaign or it wouldn’t exist.

Face it folks, President Daniels has been an outstanding president for Johns Hopkins. Can’t blame him or his administration for any recent downturn in the lacrosse program.

DocBarrister 8-)
Some of us mainly blame YOU.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:44 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:12 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:13 am https://hopkinssports.com/news/2019/4/5 ... unced.aspx

https://vimeo.com/299744890/f2f16ea8f9

Remember like a week ago when some of you were saying Shanahan doesn't care about the success of the program?
How many other schools are trying to raise $10 million in endowment for their Division I lacrosse programs? One thing for certain ... President Daniels had to support this campaign or it wouldn’t exist.

Face it folks, President Daniels has been an outstanding president for Johns Hopkins. Can’t blame him or his administration for any recent downturn in the lacrosse program.

DocBarrister 8-)
Some of us mainly blame YOU.
I know you do, because you have even told me that in private ... which, my old friend, is a completely delusional assertion.

You do understand that, don’t you?

If that is actually true, then I am arguably the most influential individual in all of college lacrosse.

You know that cannot possibly be true, right?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

As for the current issue here, why not just admit your mistake and move on, or is that something you are incapable of doing?

DocBarrister :dickroll:

Hey, if you are going to go there, why don’t you go first and outline all your megamisprognostications?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 pm As for the current issue here, why not just admit your mistake and move on, or is that something you are incapable of doing?

DocBarrister :dickroll:

Hey, if you are going to go there, why don’t you go first and outline all your megamisprognostications?
“megamisprognostications” :?:

Why, because I perennially believe Johns Hopkins can win the national championship?

Isn’t that what devoted fans do? Maintain the faith despite the occasional debacles on the field?

How is my optimism different from that of Cubs or Red Sox fans (wait till next year!)?

The folks who obsess about analytics and statistics and the accuracy of predictions are missing the true essence of sports fandom ...

... being a devoted sports fan is a matter of faith, not reason.

It’s why we enjoy drinking Columbia Blue Cool Aid and sporting rose-colored glasses.

And ultimately, “next year” does come along.

DocBarrister (most powerful person in all of college lacrosse ... just ask Wombat) ;)
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Well Doc speaking of errors. The player I referenced was Kyle Barrie who had a broken bone in his foot and whose play you criticized for effort and production drop off. Capisce?

Peter by the time he was s senior could barely raise his arm to his shoulder. As I recall you were critical of him too. I’m sny eve f you were back filling imo.

Fans in my view support the team and the coaches and the school. They are free certainly to criticize anything they want to criticize. They are not immune from criticism especially when displaying callous disregard for injured players efforts. Which you have done more than once in your over bearing hubris
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

OCanada wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:42 am Well Doc speaking of errors. The player I referenced was Kyle Barrie who had a broken bone in his foot and whose play you criticized for effort and production drop off. Capisce?

Peter by the time he was s senior could barely raise his arm to his shoulder. As I recall you were critical of him too. I’m sny eve f you were back filling imo.

Fans in my view support the team and the coaches and the school. They are free certainly to criticize anything they want to criticize. They are not immune from criticism especially when displaying callous disregard for injured players efforts. Which you have done more than once in your over bearing hubris
Neither of those statements are true. I only started posting on LP in 2005, when it was already obvious that both those guys had been dealing with chronic injuries and they spent much of the season platooning.

As for criticizing LeSueur, I can assure you that never happened. As I have said, he’s my favorite player from that era. Don’t know anyone else on here who has ever said that. Kid always played unselfishly. I’m still upset he didn’t get AA his sophomore season ... voters never appreciated his assists.

You’re pretty shameless in your falsehoods.

As for criticism of Hopkins lacrosse ... if you haven’t noticed, I’m the one whose posts are constantly being followed by pictures of the Cool Aid guy. If anything, i’ve been criticized for being too optimistic.

When it comes to hubris, you’re the one always bragging about your connections to the program. You’re even calling for the head of Ron Daniels, one of the finest university presidents in the nation who happens to have one of the toughest gigs in the business.

In contrast, I have never claimed to have even met Coach Pietramala, although I seem to be the last guy around thinking he can take this year’s squad to the Final Four, and apparently the last guy who thinks he should be allowed to finish his current contract if he doesn’t.

Seriously, what universe do you live in?

@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 pm rutgers finally looked good last weekend.
you guys nervous?
Anyone who's not is living in Doc's fantasy land.

Rutgers always plays us tough. Mullins and Charalambides are a handful. They play solid defense and can get up and down when they want to and thrive off unsettled situations. Edelmann might be the hottest goalie in the country. I don't think we match up especially well with them—maybe faceoffs could go in our favor and I like Epstein's odds of winning his matchup now that the Scarlet Knights are without their top cover guy of the last several years, Rexrode. Other than that I'm not sure where else on the field we have an advantage. Now is the time of the year—this year, especially—when someone just needs to step up. I know that's not exactly the most complex analysis but ultimately it may boil down to just that. Guys have to make plays. Williams had a nice game against Rutgers last year—Saturday would be a wonderful time for him to get out of his funk.
No fantasy here. I actually think Michigan is a pretty good team ... so plenty of praise for an always gritty Rutgers squad who just crushed Ohio State. I’m sure they would like nothing better than to ruin the Blue Jays’ Homecoming.

But these B1G games are a great opportunity for Hopkins. I still think DeSimone can turn his season around. I think the Hopkins O can still work better to generate better dodging opportunities for Williams and more open shots for Marr. Still think Jones can cut down his major penalties and become one of the better SSDMs around. There is still time for all that.

A Final Four appearance may be a stretch (still worried about making the B1G tournament), but there’s nothing wrong with (still) realistic aspirational goals. If you doubt this team’s potential, I have two words for ya:

Impossible Whopper. ;)

Yes, the improbable can happen.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

FACEvalue wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:27 am Seriously?

“I don’t want to lose site ...”

May want to check that.
Maybe 1-L helped out more than just on LaxPower?
FanLax could use all ten avatars of Lord LaxFi.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

The “posting season” hasn’t been quite the same since LaxFi passed on to the Great Forum in the Sky.

DocBarrister :(
@DocBarrister
CU77

Post by CU77 »

+1
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Darby is playing out of his mind today. Massive improvement by him since the season started.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:36 pm Darby is playing out of his mind today. Massive improvement by him since the season started.
I think 5 saves early in the 2nd quarter. Epstein with 1 goal and 3 assists.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
viper

Post by viper »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:41 pm
Hawkeye wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:36 pm Darby is playing out of his mind today. Massive improvement by him since the season started.
I think 5 saves early in the 2nd quarter. Epstein with 1 goal and 3 assists.

DocBarrister 8-)
Hopkins inability to finish is going to be their demise if this does not end up a victory. Several opportunities for open shots, some right on the crease and yet they are coming up empty as the 2nd quarter winds down.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

viper wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:53 pm
Hopkins inability to finish is going to be their demise if this does not end up a victory. Several opportunities for open shots, some right on the crease and yet they are coming up empty as the 2nd quarter winds down.
You're right. The goal right at the end of the half felt big to reverse some of the momentum that Rutgers was building. I'll gladly take a 7-3 halftime lead here.
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:56 pm
viper wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:53 pm
You're right. The goal right at the end of the half felt big to reverse some of the momentum that Rutgers was building. I'll gladly take a 7-3 halftime lead here.
I spoke too soon! I'll gladly take an 8-3 halftime lead!
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Both goalies playing lights out. Rutgers goalie with 9 saves, Darby with 8. Both making a few saves of the :shock: :o variety.

Oh ... and incidentally, Joey Epstein with 2 goals and 3 assists in the first half. Makes it look so easy.

Team is working harder for Cole Williams, and he is cashing in with 2 goals, including that beauty with 2 seconds left. Overall, 6 of 8 goals assisted.

Best half of the season so far for the Blue Jays.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Blue Jay turnovers keeping Rutgers in this game.

@DocBarrister
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:25 pm DocBarrister :?
Doc, inquiring minds want to know how much time you spend pondering your choice of smiley in your signature of each post.
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:26 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:25 pm DocBarrister :?
Doc, inquiring minds want to know how much time you spend pondering your choice of smiley in your signature of each post.
I have an assistant who handles that.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Seriously. How does this happen? Is it really that hard to clear the ball? :roll:

This game should be over.
Georgia Tech alumnus
-

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”