PLL 2024

PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
stupefied

Re: PLL 2024

Post by stupefied »

Those involve in lax year round should have inherent advantages given constant stick in hand , will guess that 75% have regular jobs with adjusted summer schedules . Different jobs and workweeks likely affect not only preparation and performances but also networking cliques . Those self employed have both advantages and disadvantages while some may be basically enjoying this stage of life . Fellow fan has labeled the PLL nothing more than a incestuous glorified beer league which is harsh. True that the once a week gathering for practice and a game is a format that limits but overall play has improved this year in my view and marketing has helped. College talent pool was backed up by covid and that influx right off fields provided a early boost , meanwhile play of the working class should improve some in 2h. The interruptions are detrimental imo , all star weekend is a indulgent exercise and all is not at that stage to be wasteful. Too many other material options for sports fans in summer. Need a dependable schedule to maintain following and interest .
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

stupefied wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:45 pm Fellow fan has labeled the PLL nothing more than a incestuous glorified beer league which is harsh.
Pretty much every US professional league started the same way.* Now I'm not 100 yrs old, but as a kid with no internet, video games, etc. I learned a lot about the origins of the NHL, MLB, NFL, NBA. In the pre Derek Sanderson days, pretty much every pro player in every US sport had a side gig in the off season. Hell, Bill Lenkaitis (sp?), NE Patriots center for a decade, was a dentist ffs.

* I mean with players who did not have the sport as a full-time, year round job. Not that they were backed by some gigantic VC/PE firms and family offices and with all teams owned by the same entity like the PLL is.
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Law has looked good so far for Denver, the rookie Young has been having a good game as well
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

I know there has been a lot of conversation on the college threads about commentators, but it's really upsetting just how much Carc's presence in the booth limits Ryan Boyle's participation
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

O'Neill: shoots it right to the goalie, rebound goes straight to the Waterdogs

Carc: That's one of the best misses you'll ever see
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Lax Mouse wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:49 pm O'Neill: shoots it right to the goalie, rebound goes straight to the Waterdogs

Carc: That's one of the best misses you'll ever see
:lol: Too true.

O’Neill is a freak. A man child since 7th grade, but it didn’t translate vs top DI defenses, and it isn’t translating to the PLL. I want to see him succeed, but I refuse to pretend it has happened already.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

And as I press send he scores.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:15 pm And as I press send he scores.
Always the way it goes :lol:

Much better second half for the Outlaws. Their rookies on offense have really shown up as a group, and when O'Neill comes to the table they're hard to beat. The addition of veteran Law paid clear dividends, and McElroy statistically outplayed Ward in this one.

Tierney seems to be another case of a supremely talented coach who's adjusting poorly in their first year. The Waterdogs roster has the talent and time to turn it around, but it's got to be soon. They need to find a way to get all their offensive players more involved in the game plan. Hannah, Walker, and Brandau all have the ability to contribute more (and McConvey too). What's the game plan to take focus off of Sowers and McCardle? This has to be the adjustment moving forward.
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Dordevic's return instantly paid off for the Whips, but they've got to feed him more when he's on a shorty. Tied 2-2 after 1. Mackay threw a punch on Krebs' face but no call. Curious if there'll be discipline after the game.

Both defenses have been solid, Riorden with 9 saves already.
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Gave him a 2 min non-releasable after the break, but poor strategy by the Whips and Carolina just scored short handed
lorin

Post by lorin »

Lax Mouse wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:12 pm Gave him a 2 min non-releasable after the break, but poor strategy by the Whips and Carolina just scored short handed
If Gray was available to play and benched today, Coach should be fired playing Teirney over gray is a joke
af.health

Post by af.health »

+ 1.

Gray should start at attack. Idc who you bench its gotta be someone.
NotLikeUs

Post by NotLikeUs »

Watching the Redwoods play has been tough lately.

I thought it would get better but it seems like the same old stuff
Mustard
On
The Beat H#e...
I turn a 8th 2 an ounce, 2 a whole key 2 the R-O-C…
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

Lax Mouse wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:29 pm I know there has been a lot of conversation on the college threads about commentators, but it's really upsetting just how much Carc's presence in the booth limits Ryan Boyle's participation
That guy sucks
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

NotLikeUs wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:50 am Watching the Redwoods play has been tough lately.

I thought it would get better but it seems like the same old stuff
Coach Nat with some interesting personnel decisions to say the least. Again, lots of context I'm not privy to, but Gray out again? Keeping Degnon and Kirst out of the lineup is questionable, both have the ability to score from the midfield, and the Woods had only two goals from that position yesterday (both from Bertrand). I don't think those are the two you want out of the lineup. Kirst can play off ball and create his own shot and Degnon can shoot at a level that no one else on this team is ~currently~ matching. Kirst has only been dressed for two games this season and Degnon admittedly plays best when the offense as a whole is moving the ball, but you need that type of finisher there for all the work on offense to payoff.

I know Dennis is a veteran leader, but his production has been consistently low this and last season. Some players seem to get more leeway than others (across all teams), but it doesn't always make sense why. They've been struggling at SSDM this season, but I'm really not sure what Montgomery is bringing from a production standpoint either (and why IDA has been out of the lineup). Defense will benefit when Grant returns but it's not currently a PLL caliber defense.

Agree that Tierney has had plenty of opportunities to show something over his career and has not consistently shown production. Don't see why he should be in the lineup. Would like to see Simmons get some more runs just to see if he can adjust.
NotLikeUs

Post by NotLikeUs »

Lax Mouse wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:54 pm
Coach Nat with some interesting personnel decisions to say the least. Again, lots of context I'm not privy to, but Gray out again? Keeping Degnon and Kirst out of the lineup is questionable, both have the ability to score from the midfield, and the Woods had only two goals from that position yesterday (both from Bertrand). I don't think those are the two you want out of the lineup. Kirst can play off ball and create his own shot and Degnon can shoot at a level that no one else on this team is ~currently~ matching. Kirst has only been dressed for two games this season and Degnon admittedly plays best when the offense as a whole is moving the ball, but you need that type of finisher there for all the work on offense to payoff.

I know Dennis is a veteran leader, but his production has been consistently low this and last season. Some players seem to get more leeway than others (across all teams), but it doesn't always make sense why. They've been struggling at SSDM this season, but I'm really not sure what Montgomery is bringing from a production standpoint either (and why IDA has been out of the lineup). Defense will benefit when Grant returns but it's not currently a PLL caliber defense.

Agree that Tierney has had plenty of opportunities to show something over his career and has not consistently shown production. Don't see why he should be in the lineup. Would like to see Simmons get some more runs just to see if he can adjust.
Coach Nat is loyal to certain guys it seems and keeps square peg, round holing things.

Lineup shuffling has been going on for two years and health/injuries aside, they just seemingly cant get on the same page for some reason
Mustard
On
The Beat H#e...
I turn a 8th 2 an ounce, 2 a whole key 2 the R-O-C…
lorin

Post by lorin »

NotLikeUs wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:02 pm
Lax Mouse wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:54 pm

Coach Nat is loyal to certain guys it seems and keeps square peg, round holing things.

Lineup shuffling has been going on for two years and health/injuries aside, they just seemingly cant get on the same page for some reason
Bottom line is I could run that team better then him, and the 3 broadcast guys say nothing in second half about gray not dressing its clear to me they get their marching orders on what they can talk about.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Turned off by some personnel decisions that reek

No longer watching live, replay will do
lorin

Post by lorin »

stupefied wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:07 pm Turned off by some personnel decisions that reek

No longer watching live, replay will do
I here ya I use to catch every game, now can’t wait for fall ball, gray not playing was it for me and Pll
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Lax Mouse wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:29 pm I know there has been a lot of conversation on the college threads about commentators, but it's really upsetting just how much Carc's presence in the booth limits Ryan Boyle's participation
R Boyle is okay but not the best. Carc is fine, listening to him now in a replay of JHU Cuse from 2024.

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”