New England West-1 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
ctlaxfan99

Re: New England West-1 2019

Post by ctlaxfan99 »

Something is brewing up in Windsor... don't say you weren't warned!
Chesedice

Post by Chesedice »

Justafan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 pm I think Salisbury was up 6-3 or 6-4 when they put all of their backups in. I think after that the final score ended up 7-7 but not positive.
We had Salisbury up 6-1 at the half. If Sals didn’t take their starting goalie out at halftime, this wouldn’t have been close.

Darien’s sophomore goalie, Demopoulis, kept them in the contest. Talented player, Without him,the halftime score could have easily been 10-1.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Any score for Deerfield? Are we sure that actually was a game? Deerfield and Belmont both list it as a game but neither have posted anything about it anywhere. For what it is worth, neither IL not Maxpreps list it as a game.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Looks like Deerfield now has Belmont Hill listed as a scrimmage... :x
DrGooseman

Post by DrGooseman »

9-8 Deerfield. Close score but it never felt like the game was in doubt. DA was heavily subbing in JV kids in the second half while BH appeared to use only varsity players. DA still sloppy at times but looked better than they did against Torrey Pines.
Justafan

Post by Justafan »

Any games this weekend? I thought Deerfield, AOF, and Salisbury played this weekend. But wasn’t sure
PrimeTime21

Post by PrimeTime21 »

Games today and picks:

Salisbury v Georgetown Prep. Little Hoyas have been bad for a while now. Pick is Bury 15-4

AOF v Governor Dummer: AOF too strong for the second rate ISL. pick is AOF 13-9

Wick vs Deerfield. Wick too deep and too good for a suddenly no longer scary DA. Pick is Wick 14-3
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Taft should easily handle Canterbury
TP is at Army Prep, should be a close one. With a nod to Nasty, I'll take TP by 3
Westminster at Middlesex won't be close. Martlets by 7
Berkshire over NMH by whatever score they choose
Loomis at Millbrook. Loomis continues their roll here and wins by 5
Choate at Lawrenceville. This should be interesting. L'ville dropped a close one to Ridgewood (NJ) this week, not much intel on Choate. I think L'ville by a few, call it 2.
Hotchkiss vs. Andover, no clue, just sayin'
Kent at Pomfret. Kent playing in the right league in this game. Pomfret wins by 3.

I think the Salisbury/Georgetown Prep game is tomorrow. I like beer.

The Brunswick/Deerfield game will be close. Chip will have his crew ready to go, throw any other games out the window, league play is just different.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ctbagataway wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:23 pm Taft should easily handle Canterbury
TP is at Army Prep, should be a close one. With a nod to Nasty, I'll take TP by 3
Westminster at Middlesex won't be close. Martlets by 7
Berkshire over NMH by whatever score they choose
Loomis at Millbrook. Loomis continues their roll here and wins by 5
Choate at Lawrenceville. This should be interesting. L'ville dropped a close one to Ridgewood (NJ) this week, not much intel on Choate. I think L'ville by a few, call it 2.
Hotchkiss vs. Andover, no clue, just sayin'
Kent at Pomfret. Kent playing in the right league in this game. Pomfret wins by 3.

I think the Salisbury/Georgetown Prep game is tomorrow. I like beer.

The Brunswick/Deerfield game will be close. Chip will have his crew ready to go, throw any other games out the window, league play is just different.
Oh the joy of it being back to the time to throw out picks! I like most of these bagataway. Agree on Wick-Deerfield. I really don't think this is anything like 14-3. I may be proven wrong but I don't think this year's Wick can possibly be as strong as last years with the absurd talent they lost. They pounded BL but everyone is pounding them this year, they are not any good. Deerfield also always keeps the score down in this game. Wick is certainly much more talented though. I'll take Wick 11-7. I agree that if Salisbury brings their A game they will beat GP handily, say 13-5. I am interested in the Loomis game as a barometer of the Pelicans. Nice wins over Rivers and Nobles. They should win this one handily, though Millbrook always has some players. If they are going to be a factor in West-1 though they need to win convincingly, something like 12-3. Andover got creamed by the Torrey Pines team that beat Deerfield by 4, not much intel on Hotchkiss but give me the Bearcats 11-9. Finally, AOF vs Govs. I don't share Primetime's opinion of the ISL. The league is too big without divisions and the bottom teams are indeed bad. The top 3-4 though are always very good, St. Seb's just beat Malvern Prep and have probably the highest rated player in New England. AOF is very talented, as always. We will have to see if they add up to the sum of their parts, which they have not for several years. I think this one is a toss-up but for league pride I'll say 10-8 AOF.
random observer

Post by random observer »

I think Salisbury/GP won't be a complete blowout. Georgetown Prep is not what it once was as a program, but I think this year's team is a bit better than the past few. Not a juggernaut, but solid (they lost by one to pretty good Gonzaga and Gilman teams), and they have a bunch of games under their belt. I think it's more likely that Salisbury wins in a convincing but competitive game -- something like a 5 goal margin.
grelch

Post by grelch »

PrimeTime21

Post by PrimeTime21 »

11-5 Wick over Deerfield. And it wasnt that close. Deerfield needs to make some changes
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Deerfield does not have the top end talent that the other top few schools have. This has been the case for a few years but Davis has pieced it together. This may be a long year but they will still win their share of games.

Loomis 9 Millbrook 6. Not the margin I would have hoped for from the Pelicans. Millbrook most years is better than the bottom 3 West-1 teams but closer than I would like to see for an actual contender.
AOF up 5-4 at half on Govs, then stretched to 9-4 at end of 3rd.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

14-10 Avon holds off Govs
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Westy 15- Middlesex 9
Taft 20- Canterbury 1
Choate 12- Lawrenceville 7
Andover 9- Hotchkiss 7
Berkshire 18- NMH 4

Total, inexplicable internet silence on Bury-Prep as far as I can see.
grelch

Post by grelch »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:55 pm
They play tomorrow.
PrimeTime21

Post by PrimeTime21 »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:55 pm Westy 15- Middlesex 9
Taft 20- Canterbury 1
Andover 9- Hotchkiss 7
Berkshire 18- NMH 4

Bury-Prep tomorrow at Noon.

Taft has an excellent young lefty attackman. Like the kid is elite.

Westy underwhelming again. With their school/discipline structure they have a relatively low ceiling.
Taft could make some noise, but we have to see how they do against a competitive team. I like their coaching and recruiting.
AOF has the horses this year, like every year. Probably won't get over the hump, but we'll see. I think AOF is #3 in the league this year
Choate is sneaky good every year
Hotchkiss has to figure it out. Can't lose to the Phillips Academies of the world
Berkshire's result is relatively disappointing. You can't let in 4 against NMH. Might indicate a lack of depth at pole and in net.

I look forward to Sarum dismantling GP tomorrow at noon. Bury needs to win by 10+. Style points matter when the roster is that absurd.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

grelch wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:13 pm
pcowlax wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:55 pm
They play tomorrow.
Inexplicable no more! Thanks
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

PrimeTime21 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:14 pm
pcowlax wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:55 pm Westy 15- Middlesex 9
Taft 20- Canterbury 1
Andover 9- Hotchkiss 7
Berkshire 18- NMH 4

Bury-Prep tomorrow at Noon.

Taft has an excellent young lefty attackman. Like the kid is elite.

Westy underwhelming again. With their school/discipline structure they have a relatively low ceiling.
Taft could make some noise, but we have to see how they do against a competitive team. I like their coaching and recruiting.
AOF has the horses this year, like every year. Probably won't get over the hump, but we'll see. I think AOF is #3 in the league this year
Choate is sneaky good every year
Hotchkiss has to figure it out. Can't lose to the Phillips Academies of the world
Berkshire's result is relatively disappointing. You can't let in 4 against NMH. Might indicate a lack of depth at pole and in net.

I look forward to Sarum dismantling GP tomorrow at noon. Bury needs to win by 10+. Style points matter when the roster is that absurd.

I like this! Would also like to see 'Bury make a statement tomorrow, and think they can.

Disappointed with the Wick v DA result. Thought DA would be more competitive... early season game? eh, we'll see. Good news they have Westminster in a week (not to discredit Berkshire, but I think Westy will be a better barometer).
Justafan

Post by Justafan »

I don’t think Bury will win by 10. They have a ton of talent, but there is still just one ball. Will be interesting to see how they gel.

Was disappointed as well in the DA vs Wick game, but I thought the fogo for Deerfield did pretty good vs another very good fogo.

Watch out for AOF!

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”