Hobart 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
sulaxaholic

Re: Hobart 2019

Post by sulaxaholic »

Whatever happened to the old public address announcer they had back at the BOZ who would get the kids all fired up? I can remember him saying “ you what time it is Statesmen’s fans It’s GOAL TIME followed by the crowd chanting goal time over and over. Then there was the HO HO HO screw SU chant I’ve got a lot of great memories from those days
DMac

Post by DMac »

GOAAAAAAALLL TIME, GOAAAAAAALLL TIME, GOAAAAAAALL TIME!!!!!! That would go on for a looong time, pretty sure there was more beer in the stands in past years too. Bart fans are tough, best comment from a Bart fan ever, "Bend over and look at the game with your good eye, ref!!!"
:lol:
Yes sir, good memories.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

sulaxaholic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:13 pm Whatever happened to the old public address announcer they had back at the BOZ who would get the kids all fired up? I can remember him saying “ you what time it is Statesmen’s fans It’s GOAL TIME followed by the crowd chanting goal time over and over. Then there was the HO HO HO screw SU chant I’ve got a lot of great memories from those days
There will be plenty of students there on Tuesday, but for the most part the students don’t support the team. It’s families and alumni.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Ketch wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:15 pm
sulaxaholic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:13 pm Whatever happened to the old public address announcer they had back at the BOZ who would get the kids all fired up? I can remember him saying “ you what time it is Statesmen’s fans It’s GOAL TIME followed by the crowd chanting goal time over and over. Then there was the HO HO HO screw SU chant I’ve got a lot of great memories from those days
There will be plenty of students there on Tuesday, but for the most part the students don’t support the team. It’s families and alumni.
Until this year, we haven't had too many seasons to cheer about. That said, there really should be a good amount of students there. The team appreciates the fans getting into the games.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Someone should mention to our new President that leading the march to this game would be VERY GOOD for her image with donors to the school. She might as well get an early crash course in true Hobart history . . .
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

The smell of Lake Trout is in the air, SU is coming to town!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Hopefully it's not frozen lake trout, how'd you guys make out with last night's CNY snowfall in The Lake Trout Capital Of The World?
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

"There will be plenty of students there on Tuesday, but for the most part the students don’t support the team. It’s families and alumni"

Naw, students love the team, but they are way busier than we were back in the day. And their support for teams is spread thinner: WS soccer won the last national championship, sailing prior to that, Hobart Hockey with a great run this year, WS field hockey and lacrosse always in the thick of things, and WS Ice Hockey rising very quickly ... throw in basketball, better Hobart soccer than in years, the tremendous run of years that Hobart Football was in the NCAAs, etc.... and there is wealth of teams to support. Add in an earlier start to the season, few May games (no more trimesters, and the the first week of May is exam time) ....And a million other extra-curricular activities and events. Believe me, the team is beloved (esp. THIS team ... very well respected as players, but also as students on campus).

If the weather is good, expect a high turnout. Drinking age is 21 (same in 86, but no one cared), so the students arrive a bit later (pregaming elsewhere rather than bringing jungle juice to the boz)

I don't think the new Pres. is on campus yet, but the BOT meeting is coming up the following weekend, so maybe she'll visit. Agreed it would be a fantastic place to make an appearance. Esp. if there could be a photo-op of her out there as the team receives Krause -Simmons trophy.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Her first day ins't until 7/1 so Pat McGuire will need to lead the charge to the Boz until then.

Hoping for a great game and a Bart win. Anish from ESPN was the SU grad who said Hobart was a "sure win" btw.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Based on watching Syracuse over the weekend, it looks like both teams get off to slow starts, then they heat up as the game matures. Weather looks decent for tomorrow, so no excuses , as the team asks for a 'white out" from Statesmen fans. Both teams need to establish early success and stop mucking around at the beginning. Expecting a great game and a full crowd with plenty of fresh trout served at the Statesmen tent and fish sticks at Dana's Time Out stand :lol: . Its been 33 years since 1986 when the Statesmen beat the Orange in Geneva, this **** must end , and this team can do it. Go all out, no pressure, win or lose tomorrow the NEC title is more important , but a win tomorrow will show everyone what the upside for this team can be. Final Hobart 15- Syracuse -13 GOBART!
Last edited by Bartman on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

You said it Bartman. All out, no pressure. Just play like you can.
The difference may well be hustle ... GB a very important stat for Tues.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Hustle is always key. The team has to start and stay hot. No sleep walking through the first 10 minutes.Maintaining possession after the draw is something that has needed work all season long. Having Pecicine is a great thing. The wings need to make sure his work isn't wasted.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Bartman wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:03 pm Based on watching Syracuse over the weekend, it looks like both teams get off to slow starts, then they heat up as the game matures. Weather looks decent for tomorrow, so no excuses , as the team asks for a 'white out" from Statesmen fans. Both teams need to establish early success and stop mucking around at the beginning. Expecting a great game and a full crowd with plenty of fresh trout served at the Statesmen tent and fish sticks at Dana's Time Out stand :lol: . Its been 33 years since 1986 when the Statesmen beat the Orange in Geneva, this **** must end , and this team can do it. Go all out, no pressure, win or lose tomorrow the NEC title is more important , but a win tomorrow will show everyone what the upside for this team can be. Final Hobart 15- Syracuse -13 GOBART!
I will be rooting for you guys tonight. I've been very impressed with this Hobart team this season. Early in the preseason, in the ACC thread, I counted this as the only game close to a "sure win" for Syracuse, after Colgate beat Syracuse to open the season (before I ever saw Hobart play). Make me eat those words tonight. Good luck!
Last edited by Hawkeye on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Hobart Team Dinner Menu(7pm reservation) : Trout L'Orange
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Fellas- this game has a ton of tradition and we can't look past that. From our alumni, faculty, and students we need to welcome our brothers from SU to Geneva as we have in the past. Make sure your volume is up-

https://twitter.com/cusemlax/status/849 ... 13?lang=ca

Beautiful night- beers on a tuesday- history witnessed.
Our students will be out in full force!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

TopShelf585 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:02 pm Fellas- this game has a ton of tradition and we can't look past that. From our alumni, faculty, and students we need to welcome our brothers from SU to Geneva as we have in the past. Make sure your volume is up-

https://twitter.com/cusemlax/status/849 ... 13?lang=ca

Beautiful night- beers on a tuesday- history witnessed.
Our students will be out in full force!
Sounds great!! AS long as we don't lose the game to a flying lake trout. FMU BART !!!!
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Geneva winds are kickin up tonight.....upset in the air
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I would love to see Hobart win this one. Their attack seem like some big boys...man, by my eyes reading the starting roster, they average like 6'3" 205 each?

Love to see the smaller schools do great.
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

Looking forward to this game tonight. Does Ted Baker do the play by play on the video feed, or is he just radio? My recollection is that he is very good. Go Statesmen!
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

7-5 Cuse at the half. Statesmen look really strong.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”