Does flag waving mean you are patriotic?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: Does flag waving mean you are patriotic?

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:21 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This place can be unbelievable. A perfectly innocent comment becomes political, racist, and takes us back to the Nazis.
Too funny. Pick an animal next time, TLD. Then again that might take us to PETA and the lack of space given to chickens.
Whooosh.

“When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.”

― John Muir, My First Summer in the Sierra

I must note, in spirit of his quote, that Mr. Muir himself had his flaws. Doesn't detract from the piquancy of his observation. See, the ability to hold more than one idea at a time. Try it, you'll find it edifying.
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:21 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This place can be unbelievable. A perfectly innocent comment becomes political, racist, and takes us back to the Nazis.
Too funny. Pick an animal next time, TLD. Then again that might take us to PETA and the lack of space given to chickens.
Hey, leave the frickin chickens alone. And what’s the deal with chicken pox? Why not duck pox or badger pox? I call foul on you.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

C9D63E66-4403-4F43-84F1-ECEB919F613D.jpeg
C9D63E66-4403-4F43-84F1-ECEB919F613D.jpeg (111.84 KiB) Viewed 403 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

That's funny.
Am not seeing anything in there that looks like Steffi, that's for sure.
Hope no squirrels were injured, they make the best of targets.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:16 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:47 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:42 pm I think this is like a Rorschach test, I'm not seeing the resemblance there you're seeing.
I like these two, nice couple. Married 20+ years now.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=st ... &FORM=VIRE
Actually, when looking at the two of them in the video, there is a pretty strong resemblance, gotta take that not seeing the resemblance back.
My favorite female tennis player of all time. She was such an athlete.
While Serena certainly deserves all the kudos she's been getting of late, Steffi has unfairly been omitted from the conversation of GOAT. (Sorry, Margaret, you don't make the cut in my book.)

Graf won 22 majors by the age of 30 when she retired. She not only won the calendar year Grand Slam (one of only three women to do so), but she is the only woman to win the Golden Slam (tennis Grand Slam plus Olympic gold medal), which she did in 1988.

Serena has won 23 majors, but 11 have been after the age of 30.

While one could argue Steffi would have won more Grand Slams had she not retired when she did, it is also true that she only won one GS in the last three years of her career. So maybe she had peaked and wouldn't have won any more. But who knows?

Serena was able to maintain a level of play such that she was able to win a Slam at age 35. Her last was the Aussie in 2017. She certainly gets credit for continuing to play at the top level well into her 30s.

Who has the better claim to being the GOAT? A great (and unresolvable) bar argument.
I liked Steffi. She was a Ferrari.
A Ferrari? Unlike a Ferrari, she worked...

Not some esteemed Nazi marque? How those clowns survived the Marshall Plan re-org I'll never understand. Oh, that's right, we didn't punish them like the Japanese since they were "white folks" like us...that and Henry (Heinrich?) Ford, Preston Bush and company. I mean, we in-sourced the Nazi rocketry program en masse after all. American ingenuity my rump. The more the anti-woke crowd resists, the closer to the truth we are.
I am reading Dune. You could be a Mentat. I would have you in my employ as you see clearly whether we want to see it or not.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:45 pm C9D63E66-4403-4F43-84F1-ECEB919F613D.jpeg
:lol: :lol: :lol: my rolex watch!
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:45 pm C9D63E66-4403-4F43-84F1-ECEB919F613D.jpeg

:lol: Hilarious!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:42 pm I think this is like a Rorschach test, I'm not seeing the resemblance there you're seeing.
Actually, when looking at the two of them in the video, there is a pretty strong resemblance, gotta take that not seeing the resemblance back.
While Serena certainly deserves all the kudos she's been getting of late, Steffi has unfairly been omitted from the conversation of GOAT. (Sorry, Margaret, you don't make the cut in my book.)

Graf won 22 majors by the age of 30 when she retired. She not only won the calendar year Grand Slam (one of only three women to do so), but she is the only woman to win the Golden Slam (tennis Grand Slam plus Olympic gold medal), which she did in 1988.

While one could argue Steffi would have won more Grand Slams had she not retired when she did, it is also true that she only won one GS in the last three years of her career. So maybe she had peaked and wouldn't have won any more. But who knows?

Serena was able to maintain a level of play such that she was able to win a Slam at age 35. Her last was the Aussie in 2017. She certainly gets credit for continuing to play at the top level well into her 30s.

Who has the better claim to being the GOAT? A great (and unresolvable) bar argument.

Not some esteemed Nazi marque? How those clowns survived the Marshall Plan re-org I'll never understand. Oh, that's right, we didn't punish them like the Japanese since they were "white folks" like us...that and Henry (Heinrich?) Ford, Preston Bush and company. I mean, we in-sourced the Nazi rocketry program en masse after all. American ingenuity my rump. The more the anti-woke crowd resists, the closer to the truth we are.
I am reading Dune. You could be a Mentat. I would have you in my employ as you see clearly whether we want to see it or not.
Just as long as there is no jom gabbar involved. First read it when I was 12. Life altering. That and Asimov's Foundation. Found an unopened box of books in a trash can. Perched on top, almost falling out. Almost as though I was supposed to find them. Score!!
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 pm

Just as long as there is no jom gabbar involved. First read it when I was 12. Life altering. That and Asimov's Foundation. Found an unopened box of books in a trash can. Perched on top, almost falling out. Almost as though I was supposed to find them. Score!!
:lol: I could see it in you!
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:50 pm
Was? Interested in playing a tennis match with her?
Strip tennis. Don’t care who wins
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU88

Post by CU88 »

DEPLORABLE!

Louie Gohmert flew to Miami yesterday to greet J6 defendant Simone Gold as she was being released from custody after serving her sentence. He presented her with a US flag that flew over the Capitol.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:36 am DEPLORABLE!

Louie Gohmert flew to Miami yesterday to greet J6 defendant Simone Gold as she was being released from custody after serving her sentence. He presented her with a US flag that flew over the Capitol.
Man, these a-holes in positions of responsibility really need to be held to account.

Gohmert is among the worst of the scum.

Return to “POLITICS”