The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by CU88 »

r's trying to return to the 1850's

Debate questioning later turned to what would happen if the Supreme Court overturned another precedent, protecting same-sex marriage nationwide.

“Maybe I’m old-fashioned, but I think marriage ought to be between a man and a woman..."

https://www.wrdw.com/2022/10/27/cunning ... -election/

Why stop there?

What's next..."I'm old-fashioned, I prefer a time when a woman's place was in the home, serving at the pleasure of the man-of-the-house"...

NEXT: "the blacks" should remain the property of their landowners.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:57 am r's trying to return to the 1850's

Debate questioning later turned to what would happen if the Supreme Court overturned another precedent, protecting same-sex marriage nationwide.

“Maybe I’m old-fashioned, but I think marriage ought to be between a man and a woman..."

https://www.wrdw.com/2022/10/27/cunning ... -election/

Why stop there?

What's next..."I'm old-fashioned, I prefer a time when a woman's place was in the home, serving at the pleasure of the man-of-the-house"...

NEXT: "the blacks" should remain the property of their landowners.
Not sure there’s much beyond literal in the lyrics but had me thinking of this pretty Cowboy Junkies song called If You Were the Woman and I Was the Man (totally underrated canadian band)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttra-yTCcnY
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:59 pmNot sure there’s much beyond literal in the lyrics but had me thinking of this pretty Cowboy Junkies song called If You Were the Woman and I Was the Man (totally underrated canadian band)

Is a platinum selling band with multiple top 25 hits underrated, or are you that much younger than the rest of us? :D
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:57 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:59 pmNot sure there’s much beyond literal in the lyrics but had me thinking of this pretty Cowboy Junkies song called If You Were the Woman and I Was the Man (totally underrated canadian band)

Is a platinum selling band with multiple top 25 hits underrated, or are you that much younger than the rest of us? :D
Depends I’ve been working with a 33yr old on projects lately and feel like a f’ng octogenarian when I’m just ten years older than he is! But my sister is 12yrs older than me so I’m heavily influenced by her as she was like a third parent for a number of early and critical years of my childhood. Probably shouldn’t have been reading the Stranger, basketball diaries and Vonnegut early in middle school but they’re ere either gifts or books I stole from her room after she went to college.

I do like to crush boomers as a sport though. Funny guys who pimp We Didn’t Start the Fire and It’s the End of the World Aa We Know It also whine about younger generations taking things for granted.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Tennessee mother goes viral taking down faux-pious, hypocritical white homophobic Christian scum.

The Story
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:10 pm

Depends I’ve been working with a 33yr old on projects lately and feel like a f’ng octogenarian when I’m just ten years older than he is! But my sister is 12yrs older than me so I’m heavily influenced by her as she was like a third parent for a number of early and critical years of my childhood. Probably shouldn’t have been reading the Stranger, basketball diaries and Vonnegut early in middle school but they’re ere either gifts or books I stole from her room after she went to college.

I do like to crush boomers as a sport though. Funny guys who pimp We Didn’t Start the Fire and It’s the End of the World Aa We Know It also whine about younger generations taking things for granted.
So which boomers do you enjoy crushing?? They do come in 2 flavors, FLP and FRC. When I was growing up as a part of the boomer generation the mantra was " don't trust anyone over 30" Funny how boomers like me grow older and a fresh batch of youngins declares don't trust anyone over 30. I am willing to bet that when your kids grow up you will be in the same conundrum. They will look at their old man as a fuddy duddy who is out of touch with their world. I don't know how old your kids are. I do know that the teenage years will bring you new problems that you never saw coming your way. Good luck when that happens.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:55 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:10 pm

So which boomers do you enjoy crushing?? They do come in 2 flavors, FLP and FRC. When I was growing up as a part of the boomer generation the mantra was " don't trust anyone over 30" Funny how boomers like me grow older and a fresh batch of youngins declares don't trust anyone over 30. I am willing to bet that when your kids grow up you will be in the same conundrum. They will look at their old man as a fuddy duddy who is out of touch with their world. I don't know how old your kids are. I do know that the teenage years will bring you new problems that you never saw coming your way. Good luck when that happens.
Any boomer who acts like they’re self made while having the wind at their back and hypocritically hordes, or attempts to, resources like a squirrel with a lone nut for the winter, the beneficiaries they stole/pulled forward from future generations is subject to my scope.

I can take it if I’m the hypocrite. So far the generation above me appears to be comprised around 95/5 snowflake when this is pointed out in my experience.

To quote the blastmaster

While other MC's are talkin' about up with hope, down with dope
I'll have a devil in my infrared scope, woi
That's for calling my father a boy
And klak-klak-klak
That's for putting scars on my mother's back
Bo
That's for calling my sister a ho
And for you, buck-buck-buck
'Cause I don't give a mothercluck
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Worth a listen: "My Body Was Never the Problem" - Cat Cattinson speaks out against the medicalization of minors

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:35 am Worth a listen: "My Body Was Never the Problem" - Cat Cattinson speaks out against the medicalization of minors

Thanks for putting it out there.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:35 am Worth a listen: "My Body Was Never the Problem" - Cat Cattinson speaks out against the medicalization of minors

... it was obvious the wrong thing for her; one datapoint, one case study. Is that representative of all? Somehow I doubt it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:44 am

... it was obvious the wrong thing for her; one datapoint, one case study. Is that representative of all? Somehow I doubt it.
He’s just putting it out there as he is indifferent to the topic.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

No doubt, happy to hear your transition is going well. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:30 pm

Mocking the vulnerable and confused is JUST THE BEST, right?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:47 pm

YA hasn’t realized we all die alone.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

oh puleeze, enough of the pearl clutching.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:00 pm

Christian teaching says clutch deez. :lol: ;)
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:06 pm

Christian teaching says clutch deez. :lol: ;)
These fine folks aren’t Christians; they’re Dominionists.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I know you'll give me the "lighten up Francis" routine here. But it's not pearl clutching or virtue signaling or any of the other phrases one might use in response to diminish the malodorous effect of these sorts of "jokes." Look at the title of this thread; these are among the most vulnerable people around. Why joke at their expense? Why make cracks that diminish the realities of the difficulties of their lives? Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people aged 10 to 24, and LGBTQ kids are at significantly increased risk. LGBTQ kids are more than four times as likely to attempt suicide than their peers. It's just not funny; it's just not a joke. Are they not "all God's children"? Or does their confusion and uncertainty and vulnerability make them, you know, a little less than one of your straight male kids?

The bad jokes are just the gateway to discrimination, to a lack of interest in understanding. They're beneath us, and you.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:12 pm

I know you'll give me the "lighten up Francis" routine here. But it's not pearl clutching or virtue signaling or any of the other phrases one might use in response to diminish the malodorous effect of these sorts of "jokes." Look at the title of this thread; these are among the most vulnerable people around. Why joke at their expense? Why make cracks that diminish the realities of the difficulties of their lives? Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people aged 10 to 24, and LGBTQ kids are at significantly increased risk. LGBTQ kids are more than four times as likely to attempt suicide than their peers. It's just not funny; it's just not a joke. Are they not "all God's children"? Or does their confusion and uncertainty and vulnerability make them, you know, a little less than one of your straight male kids?

The bad jokes are just the gateway to discrimination, to a lack of interest in understanding. They're beneath us, and you.
Nope.

I am familiar with the sensitivity, I have spoken about it on here numerous times, it is about my niece. She too, was on the cusp of gender re-assignment, had a full name change at 13 (I believe), pulled out of school, anti-social, psychiatrics and MRI evaluations at JHU.....only for her to make a complete turn back to square one. She then wanted her name changed back to her original name. This all took place between the ages of 12-18. When we chat with our niece, she is authentic and open about it and so thankful she did not push the issue harder and that her parents played the slow game.

I was poking fun at JHU, for him minimizing (only one data point :roll: ) a real consequence that is grossly overlooked, which is exactly what this young lady was addressing in the video. Gender re-assignment issues get pushed into the bowels of real news, for God knows what reason...I speculate they are also the collateral damage of the high suicide numbers. It seems no matter what news is presented in the face of an entrenched belief it is immediately identified as one data point, fake news, prove it, says who, right leaning author/website....rather than
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:46 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:12 pm

Nope.

I am familiar with the sensitivity, I have spoken about it on here numerous times, it is about my niece. She too, was on the cusp of gender re-assignment, had a full name change at 13 (I believe), pulled out of school, anti-social, psychiatrics and MRI evaluations at JHU.....only for her to make a complete turn back to square one. She then wanted her name changed back to her original name. This all took place between the ages of 12-18. When we chat with our niece, she is authentic and open about it and so thankful she did not push the issue harder and that her parents played the slow game.

I was poking fun at JHU, for him minimizing (only one data point :roll: ) a real consequence that is grossly overlooked, which is exactly what this young lady was addressing in the video. Gender re-assignment issues get pushed into the bowels of real news, for God knows what reason...I speculate they are also the collateral damage of the high suicide numbers. It seems no matter what news is presented in the face of an entrenched belief it is immediately identified as one data point, fake news, prove it, says who, right leaning author/website....rather than
:shock:
♠️
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”