Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
flalax22

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by flalax22 »

1766 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:34 pm I don't know if it's true or not but there sure is a lot of chatter out there about Milliman's practice times. Apparently it's all based around picking up his kids from school.

If that's true...
Life / Work balance is what we do in 2022 however his kids schedule has made it difficult for players class selection. I’ve heard the same thing.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Overcome by page 10.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

flalax22 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:52 pm
1766 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:34 pm I don't know if it's true or not but there sure is a lot of chatter out there about Milliman's practice times. Apparently it's all based around picking up his kids from school.

If that's true...
Life / Work balance is what we do in 2022 however his kids schedule has made it difficult for players class selection. I’ve heard the same thing.
He’s a professional and he should not be forcing his team to practice at odd hours in order accommodate his kids’ school schedule. If this is true, he should make other arrangements. That’s certainly what my wife and I do, along with millions of other Americans.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Post by 1766 »

If that's true...
Yea, that's what seems to be making it's way through the lacrosse grapevine. Challenges scheduling classes for the players due to him picking up his kids from school. I don't know about other coaches, but Coach Brecht lives at the Rodkin Center. People in the department joke about how much he's there. He's there from 7:00 to 7:00 every day from what I know. I'm sure other coaches at other schools are doing the same thing.

You never know what rumors are true or not, but with some of the other things I've heard about unhappy alumni, specifically donors, I'm starting to believe if Milliman doesn't pick up the pace quickly he isn't going to be there very long. Assuming the alumni still call the shots.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

1766 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:11 pm

If that's true...
Yea, that's what seems to be making it's way through the lacrosse grapevine. Challenges scheduling classes for the players due to him picking up his kids from school. I don't know about other coaches, but Coach Brecht lives at the Rodkin Center. People in the department joke about how much he's there. He's there from 7:00 to 7:00 every day from what I know. I'm sure other coaches at other schools are doing the same thing.

You never know what rumors are true or not, but with some of the other things I've heard about unhappy alumni, specifically donors, I'm starting to believe if Milliman doesn't pick up the pace quickly he isn't going to be there very long. Assuming the alumni still call the shots.
Milliman's 11-18 W-L (38%) record at Hopkins speaks for itself.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

If that's true...

What is he getting paid? Time is all any of us have. As Patsy Cline famously said, “No dough, no show.”

Or maybe they shouldn’t hire people who have, er, built-in “conflicts of interest”. I think the ‘50s model of job-before-all-else is fading away, maybe.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:32 pm

If that's true...

What is he getting paid? Time is all any of us have. As Patsy Cline famously said, “No dough, no show.”

Or maybe they shouldn’t hire people who have, er, built-in “conflicts of interest”. I think the ‘50s model of job-before-all-else is fading away, maybe.
Depends on the industry. I’m going to be on calls through midnight on a structured debt closing where there’s one party that’s making me channel my inner Latrell Sprewell despite this person not being my boss but critical to the closing.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:34 pm

If that's true...

Depends on the industry. I’m going to be on calls through midnight on a structured debt closing where there’s one party that’s making me channel my inner Latrell Sprewell despite this person not being my boss but critical to the closing.
Everyday for a number of months, similar to a men’s lacrosse season? Fnck that noise! I’ll pass.

Chacun à son goût…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:42 pm

If that's true...

Everyday for a number of months, similar to a men’s lacrosse season? Fnck that noise! I’ll pass.

Chacun à son goût…
Ha, I literally put a conference call on mute this morning and declared out loud to myself in my office “f**k this noise I should just kill this s**t now”. (Film studio finance situation)

But as Gary Larson once so greatly illustrated…

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/242138917435595478/
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

If that's true...

If the alumni called the shots, I would doubt that admissions would be discriminating against legacies.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

44WeWantMore wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:40 pm

If that's true...

If the alumni called the shots, I would doubt that admissions would be discriminating against legacies.
discriminating against seems like a debatable choice of words, depending on how you chop it up.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:08 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:31 pm You guys act like Milliman's on a weight loss program and all he needs to do is decide to take more Zumba classess. I think - unless Collison/Marquis/English etc. make their mark as freshmen you are going to be drastically disappointed in this massive overhaul.
Should do that pole dancing exercise routine, try to work the recruits moms a little bit Magic MIke style.
Like they do Hobart at Hobart? :o
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:19 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:15 pm What's really impressive is the Johns Hopkins 2022 thread has 279 pages. Do you think you can break that in the 2023 thread?
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Almost as many pages as you guys have fans per game
Average home attendance 2476 :P
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Drcthru wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:23 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:08 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:31 pm You guys act like Milliman's on a weight loss program and all he needs to do is decide to take more Zumba classess. I think - unless Collison/Marquis/English etc. make their mark as freshmen you are going to be drastically disappointed in this massive overhaul.
Should do that pole dancing exercise routine, try to work the recruits moms a little bit Magic MIke style.
Like they do Hobart at Hobart? :o
If Raymond was pole dancing for moms we’d have been in the top 15 the last few years. And I like girls.

Post by 1766 »

If that's true...

Chacun à son goût…
He can choose to play the life work balance game but when your personal life is effecting your players success, that's an issue. And if you are doing that, you are getting outworked. I can't speak for every coach but I can for one. And if he working 12 hour days, I am would be dollars to donuts that others are as well.

If true, Milliman is falling behind every day. And so is the program.

Post by 1766 »

If that's true...

Chacun à son goût…
He can choose to play the life work balance game but when your personal life is affecting your player's success, that's an issue. And if you are doing that, you are getting outworked. I can't speak for every coach but I can for one. And if he is working 12 hour days, I am would bet dollars to donuts that others are as well.

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

1766 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:59 pm

If that's true...

Chacun à son goût…
He can choose to play the life work balance game but when your personal life is affecting your player's success, that's an issue. And if you are doing that, you are getting outworked. I can't speak for every coach but I can for one. And if he is working 12 hour days, I am would bet dollars to donuts that others are as well.

So, I’m not clear on this rumor … is the rumor that Milliman just packs up and goes home after picking up the kids?

Doesn’t that mean he’s done with work around 3 pm?

DocBarrister :?:
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

how many times do you think 1776 is going to post in this thread?

guy cant get hopkins out of his mind. he’s completely overwhelmed

Post by 1766 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:14 pm how many times do you think 1776 is going to post in this thread?

The fact that it bothers you so much makes me laugh. Now I am going to do it more.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:14 pm how many times do you think 1776 is going to post in this thread?

Repetition is one of the most effective rhetorical “colors”.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”