Total votes: 103

Turnandrake

Re: MIAA A Conference

Post by Turnandrake »

AS 11 MSJ 6
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Just to note, ChC, StP and StM’s wins were much more lopsided than the scores indicate.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Slim

Post by Slim »

After watching the Cards last night against the Eagles, it is becoming more clear that this team is on another level athletically, physically, and skillfully. Who can run with Mitchell's and Herbert? They are clearly on another level than everyone else. If they continue to win the fo battle, this team will steamroll teams. Weakness, maybe, is goalie struggles on high shots, but sees the low shots very well. I'm sure Coach Creighton will be working on that moving forward.

My view after three games;
1. Hall
2. Saints
3. Hounds
4. Crusaders
5. Dons
6. Eagles
7. Cavs
8. Lakers
9. Admirals
10. Patriots
11. Gaels
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Slim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 am After watching the Cards last night against the Eagles, it is becoming more clear that this team is on another level athletically, physically, and skillfully. Who can run with Mitchell's and Herbert? They are clearly on another level than everyone else. If they continue to win the fo battle, this team will steamroll teams. Weakness, maybe, is goalie struggles on high shots, but sees the low shots very well. I'm sure Coach Creighton will be working on that moving forward.

My view after three games;
1. Hall
2. Saints
3. Hounds
4. Crusaders
5. Dons
6. Eagles
7. Cavs
8. Lakers
9. Admirals
10. Patriots
11. Gaels

I've got the Crusies above the Hounds, otherwise fine. And I still believe that any of the top 6 not called CHC can beat CHC on the right day. If you take a look at their tape against Hill, the Cards' 2nd half FO's were dreadful, their decision making suspect, and their energy level did not match Hill's. Now, you can blame some of that on Hill obviously, but the Cards are not world beaters this year. The MIAA has six really good teams this year, all of which can beat the other on any given day.
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

BL handles JC 13-7.

I’m starting to wonder if JC will put up 10 against any MIAA team this year.
get it to x

St. Mary's

Post by get it to x »

You can catch a long stream of highlights of the Saints/Dons game on the MIAA website.

https://miaasports.net/category/miaa-lacrosse-news/

I have been watching this team for about 15 years now and I can't remember them ever going on a 14-2 run against one of the "Baltimore Six". Calvert Hall will be a stern test, but if they can battle at the dot and take care of the ball they have a shot. BTW, Game of the Week has been switched to this game.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
lakeshow1844

Post by lakeshow1844 »

Today's Scores:

CHC: 13 STM: 9
BL: 11 MCD: 10
LB: 12 SEV:10
GIL: 14 AS: 4
SP: 14 MSJ: 2

Early Standings after Today's Games:

1. Calvert Hall (4-0)
2. Gilman (3-0)
3. St. Mary's (3-1)
4. St. Paul's (3-1)
5. Loyola-Blakefield (3-1)
6. Boys' Latin (2-1)
7. Archbishop Spalding (2-2)
8. Mt. St. Joe's (0-3)
9. McDonogh (0-4)
10. John Carroll (0-4)
11. Severn (0-4)

It's early but tough not to mention the Eagles' tough start to conference play (Albeit their losses are to SP, LB, CHC and BL). We'll see if they can right the ship the rest of the way with easier games against MSJ, JC, AS and Severn. Games against St. Mary's and rival Gilman will define their season. Gutsy win by the Lakers today! Love this time of year...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

BL, wow.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

John Carroll gets in the win column on the bye and beats cross-town rival CM Wright 13-6.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Implosion in Owings Mills.
ultimatelaxbro

Post by ultimatelaxbro »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:35 am It's early and you never know what happens with both team development and unfortunate injuries, but this year, BL is simply not close to either MCD or CHC. Just not close. MCD and CHC are in a class by themselves imo in the MIAA this year, and honestly if you take a look out a year from now, I think the same holds true in 2020 unless another squad (SP might be the case) develops faster than expected.
Dont quit your day job. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ultimatelaxbro wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:12 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:35 am It's early and you never know what happens with both team development and unfortunate injuries, but this year, BL is simply not close to either MCD or CHC. Just not close. MCD and CHC are in a class by themselves imo in the MIAA this year, and honestly if you take a look out a year from now, I think the same holds true in 2020 unless another squad (SP might be the case) develops faster than expected.
Dont quit your day job. :lol:
I definitely don't have the crystal ball going there for McD...but obviously something has happened. Not in a million games should they lose to BL this year, especially with BL's top attackman down for the year. I am waiting here to hear what has transpired...but the wheels are off.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

McD 0-4 in the last four games, we definitely need some color about what is going on there. I realize that you can throw everything out the window in these league/rivalry games, but still, I did not see that coming from BL. Not this year.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Gilman's twitter feed was pretty entertaining last night.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ctbagataway wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 am McD 0-4 in the last four games, we definitely need some color about what is going on there. I realize that you can throw everything out the window in these league/rivalry games, but still, I did not see that coming from BL. Not this year.
How can a team beat Haverford, Bullis, Gonzaga, and Culver, then lose 4 in a row, in-conference? Hoping some McD fan with some insight can share his/her thoughts.
laxtalker

Post by laxtalker »

Film is the great equalizer. Teams have figured out McDonogh and their opponents have been successful over the past couple weeks. McDonogh will make adjustments, qualify for the post-season, and be ready in May for the playoffs.
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

Don’t count the eagles out just yet. Slow start but McD won’t lose again and get into the playoffs. With a dominant FOGO and improved defense they will be just fine!
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

McD gets their first conference win.

St. Paul’s handles JC easily 19-11 lead 14-4 at half. I think it’s safe to say JC’s only MIAA wins this year will be against Curley and Friends. Move them back to the B conference where they belong the A conference is already 2 crowded.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Was over at Falls Rd today. St Paul’s looked very sharp right out of the gate. Their attack will pose matchup problems for a lot of teams. Size and quickness. Their team speed between the lines is awesome. They have enough to make a serious run at the title this year.
JC was on their heels early. But I say nice work getting some offense going. JC’s freshmen goalie and attackmen did some good things. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Love the persistence and potential of the Patriots!
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

Predictions for tomorrow

BL upsets St. Mary’s.

St. Paul’s over Gilman.

McD upsets JC :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”