Dartmouth 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxman23

Re: Dartmouth 2022

Post by Laxman23 »

After three huge wins against Penn, Yale and Cornell both the Bryant and Dartmouth games are classic trap games for Brown. I know this is the Dartmouth board, just want to assure you that Brown fans have a lot of respect for Dartmouth and are not taking them lightly.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bearfan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:56 pm After three huge wins against Penn, Yale and Cornell both the Bryant and Dartmouth games are classic trap games for Brown. I know this is the Dartmouth board, just want to assure you that Brown fans have a lot of respect for Dartmouth and are not taking them lightly.
Probably wise, as Dartmouth keeps getting better despite the injuries we've taken. The League, though, is incredibly strong, and Brown keeps improving as well, so my bet, if not heart, would be on Brown to keep its string going.
Voyuer

Post by Voyuer »

No Ivy W… but a lot of Progress
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I'm an Ivy lax fan. Dartmouth Srs and 5th years have been on my mind - just a hell of a journey for this group. It's brutal that they couldn't break through this year. Best of luck to all. I'm rooting for Rizzotti and Hincks wherever they land and hope they can earn some Ivy wins before they move on.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

I was talking with my friends prior to the Brown - Dartmouth game on Saturday. One compared an Ivy team playing Dartmouth to hand grenade roulette - you just don't want to be holding it when it goes off. And it will go off.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

It's got to be rough for Dartmouth now, they've made a ton of progress, and still went 0-6 in Ivy play. Some really close games with some really good teams. I thought for sure they'd get an Ivy win (or more) this season, and when it came down to their last game vs. Brown, I was nervous (for Brown). Despite the frustration, lots of positive takeaways for Dartmouth.
Atticus

Post by Atticus »

As a member of the Dartmouth faithful, I tip my cap to the classy non-Dartmouth folks who so regularly post on this thread and the IL thread about many topics, including Dartmouth’s steep uphill climb. To me, they are still “on the rope” and, while they have a ways to go, they are stable, driven and making upward progress. The team is certainly composed of very fine and hardworking young men and coaches. They are already winners to me. Good luck to the Top 6. You are all excellent teams, and deserve to compete for a National title.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Myers garnered First Team All-Ivy honors, Hincks named to the second team as well as Academic All-Ivy and Johnston received a nod for honorable mention: https://dartmouthsports.com/news/2022/5 ... onors.aspx
Finish Strong
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Some post season follow up.

Glad to see that Holden Deck finally matriculated, looks
like he was a solid contributor but had not followed him this season.
Its possible also he just did a scholastic year last year, originally
a 2020.

Good players, Holden and his brother Linus, who had been
at Lafayette but dropped out.

https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/mens ... deck/35162
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

10stone5 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:34 am Some post season follow up.

a 2020.

He saw action in 11 of 13 games, but didn't light it up. Took 11 shots, but no goals or assists, had only two ground balls, but made 8 turnovers. Maybe he'll get some time playing box this summer?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Atticus wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:06 pm As a member of the Dartmouth faithful, I tip my cap to the classy non-Dartmouth folks who so regularly post on this thread and the IL thread about many topics, including Dartmouth’s steep uphill climb. To me, they are still “on the rope” and, while they have a ways to go, they are stable, driven and making upward progress. The team is certainly composed of very fine and hardworking young men and coaches. They are already winners to me. Good luck to the Top 6. You are all excellent teams, and deserve to compete for a National title.
+1 well said.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

It'll be all high-fives and encouragement until you start kicking everyone's a$$😉
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:18 am

a 2020.

He saw action in 11 of 13 games, but didn't light it up. Took 11 shots, but no goals or assists, had only two ground balls, but made 8 turnovers. Maybe he'll get some time playing box this summer?
I would think so.
I’d keep an eye on Deck in the future.
Upside IMO.
And a large midfielder, needed to compete with those
large ATHLETIC Ivy middies.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

bearlaxfan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:47 am It'll be all high-fives and encouragement until you start kicking everyone's a$$😉
Nah. In order to be the best you have to play the best. “Steel sharpens steel.”

Only weak programs fear and avoid competition… Duke, ND…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

bearlaxfan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:47 am It'll be all high-fives and encouragement until you start kicking everyone's a$$😉
:D
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

10stone5 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:01 pm

a 2020.

I would think so.
I’d keep an eye on Deck in the future.
Upside IMO.
And a large midfielder, needed to compete with those
large ATHLETIC Ivy middies.
Yup, my sense is that's what we're doing our best to recruit, you know, those guys who used to be called "ACC level athletes"! ;)

I have zero insight on Deck in specific, but from the stats and background, sounds like more time with a stick playing high level lax (ie Canadian box) would be a help.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

On a great weekend for the Ivy League, I just want to give a tip of the cap to Dartmouth -- the Big Green's four out-of-conference wins helped make a case for the strength of the league overall. Congrats to the players who received all-Ivy recognition.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Dartmouth does have a win over a playoff participant this year-UVM. That’s seeming progress.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

a 2020.

The kid has a great "Salingeresque" name. That's gotta be good for at least 1-1 each game. His middle name, btw, is Ripnet...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:04 am On a great weekend for the Ivy League, I just want to give a tip of the cap to Dartmouth -- the Big Green's four out-of-conference wins helped make a case for the strength of the league overall. Congrats to the players who received all-Ivy recognition.
👍

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”