Cornell 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DocBarrister

Re: Cornell 2022

Post by DocBarrister »

Gobigred wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:47 am
HGK25 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:54 pm
Gobigred wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:36 pm
HGK25 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:56 pm TLD i am begging you to stop. We all get the issues at hand. Let’s stick to lacrosse and leave the covid/societal opinions for another thread.
If people would stop posting nonsense like FMUBart's, there'd be no need for TLD to respond.
I think the LA Rams might disagree that his opinion is nonsense after MNF and the follow up covid results for 9 of their players.
I read his posting as poo-pooing the severity of the virus. Because some have mild symptoms, that doesn't mean it doesn't kill.
Yes, correct, and the symptomatic cases were mild because the vast majority of students at Cornell were vaccinated. The anti-vaxxer posts on this forum are an embarrassment.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

This post could go on the Cornell thread or the Ivy thread. I'll preface it by saying that I'm fully vaccinated and boosted, and wear a mask. My family is also vaxed and boosted. All in my workplace are similarly so. We wear masks at the office.

President Pollack has noted that Omicron cases at Cornell have occurred In vaccinated students as well as boosted students. 97% of the Cornell student body has had at least two jabs. Omicron has been reported to be an upper respiratory infection, and President Pollack has indicated that despite 1,300 plus cases that there has been no serious illness.

Given all of the above, I do hope that the Cornell administration as well as the Ivy administrations will take into account the value of sport in well being and symbolic optimism. ForCornell, I would specifically note that Ice hockey has been a joyous mitigant to the winter blues for over 50 years, and has an enthusiastic following on a campus where athletics seems to continue to slide into general irrelevance. Teams can play (even if without fans) as a sign of resilience and hope. While a small thing, it's time that the University looked at the mental health issues surrounding the ongoing Covid crisis and take steps to encourage reasons for cheer and steadfastness. I'd encourage this for other activities such as orchestra, choral groups and other performance activities. If the Ivy League is to build leaders, leading (with precautions) is better than hiding in fear.
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:44 pm Hopefully we get to the other side by the end of January.
As do I, though I don't expect we will with well over 100,000 new cases per day in the U.S. and the winter cold driving so many indoors. My guess is we see, at best, a truncated IVY lacrosse season, with a delayed opening and limited (or no) non-league games. I also expect fans will be banned from attending games until at least April, and that may be wishful thinking.

I don't know what to say anymore. It's been 2 years. I'm vaccinated and boosted, as are my family and most of my friends, yet sometimes it doesn't feel as though we've made much progress, especially if one watches the news too often.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dp68 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:44 pm Hopefully we get to the other side by the end of January.
As do I, though I don't expect we will with well over 100,000 new cases per day in the U.S. and the winter cold driving so many indoors. My guess is we see, at best, a truncated IVY lacrosse season, with a delayed opening and limited (or no) non-league games. I also expect fans will be banned from attending games until at least April, and that may be wishful thinking.

I don't know what to say anymore. It's been 2 years. I'm vaccinated and boosted, as are my family and most of my friends, yet sometimes it doesn't feel as though we've made much progress, especially if one watches the news too often.
I read today the peak is expected mid January. We will see how it goes. It’s a novel virus. I said from the outset we are spoiled here. Not enough people want the hard medicine so we limp along. By the time it’s noticeable, it’s already a big problem. That has been consistent. I believe we will get plenty of lacrosse in. I am Hopeful. I am not worried about the Ivy League Schools. Less density on many campuses now versus a year ago.
“I wish you would!”
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

How many lacrosse players were seriously ill or died during the 2021 lacrosse season? I haven't heard of any. Why is it that the Ivy League is the only league incapable of figuring out how to conduct a lacrosse season? Strange indeed.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

faircornell wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:14 pm This post could go on the Cornell thread or the Ivy thread. I'll preface it by saying that I'm fully vaccinated and boosted, and wear a mask. My family is also vaxed and boosted. All in my workplace are similarly so. We wear masks at the office.

President Pollack has noted that Omicron cases at Cornell have occurred In vaccinated students as well as boosted students. 97% of the Cornell student body has had at least two jabs. Omicron has been reported to be an upper respiratory infection, and President Pollack has indicated that despite 1,300 plus cases that there has been no serious illness.

Given all of the above, I do hope that the Cornell administration as well as the Ivy administrations will take into account the value of sport in well being and symbolic optimism. ForCornell, I would specifically note that Ice hockey has been a joyous mitigant to the winter blues for over 50 years, and has an enthusiastic following on a campus where athletics seems to continue to slide into general irrelevance. Teams can play (even if without fans) as a sign of resilience and hope. While a small thing, it's time that the University looked at the mental health issues surrounding the ongoing Covid crisis and take steps to encourage reasons for cheer and steadfastness. I'd encourage this for other activities such as orchestra, choral groups and other performance activities. If the Ivy League is to build leaders, leading (with precautions) is better than hiding in fear.
Very well said, Faircornell. I whole-heartedly agree!
Typical Lax Dad

laxfan1313 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:21 am How many lacrosse players were seriously ill or died during the 2021 lacrosse season? I haven't heard of any. Why is it that the Ivy League is the only league incapable of figuring out how to conduct a lacrosse season? Strange indeed.
The folks in that league are not so smart.
“I wish you would!”
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:57 pm

I read today the peak is expected mid January. We will see how it goes. It’s a novel virus. I said from the outset we are spoiled here. Not enough people want the hard medicine so we limp along. By the time it’s noticeable, it’s already a big problem. That has been consistent. I believe we will get plenty of lacrosse in. I am Hopeful. I am not worried about the Ivy League Schools. Less density on many campuses now versus a year ago.
Hoping you're correct. Statistics from Gauteng, South Africa show cases in steep decline with an 11-day halving rate. Rapid climb, rapid decline, ala internet stocks in 2000.
Typical Lax Dad

dp68 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:57 pm

Hoping you're correct. Statistics from Gauteng, South Africa show cases in steep decline with an 11-day halving rate. Rapid climb, rapid decline, ala internet stocks in 2000.
Let’s see how it goes. I am hopeful and not sure why people assume we haven’t learned anything in a year. Last year there was no vaccine and not as much data collected. We had more of the community at risk. Less risk this year. Let’s hope it translates into more accommodations for students. Ivy season starts mid February (19th). We have a two month runway.
“I wish you would!”
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Well, Harvard played their men's hoops game against Holy Cross just now. Cornell has Syracuse scheduled away on Tuesday for MBB. Yale takes on Howard in hoops later this coming week. It looks like the Ivies have not folded their tents yet.
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

faircornell wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:01 pm Well, Harvard played their men's hoops game against Holy Cross just now. Cornell has Syracuse scheduled away on Tuesday for MBB. Yale takes on Howard in hoops later this coming week. It looks like the Ivies have not folded their tents yet.
Syracuse men’s basketball games against Lehigh and Cornell postponed due to COVID-19 protocols affecting the program, the school announced.

They are the latest among college basketball games that have been postponed or called off including Ohio State’s game against Kentucky in Las Vegas and Seton Hall’s contest against Iona at Madison Square Garden.

“The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present challenges for intercollegiate athletics all over the country,” Syracuse's director of athletics John Wildhack said in a statement. “Our top priority is safeguarding the health and well-being of our student-athletes, athletics staff, fans and the campus and Central New York communities. While it is disappointing to have to postpone any athletic event, this is the right decision given the increasingly difficult public health landscape.”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Not an easy schedule by any means.

- Lehigh away is always tough, and the Mountain Hawks were formidable last year.

- PSU away will be tough with the Nittany Lions looking for revenge.

- As ever, the Harvard-Syracuse-Army week looks tough. Syracuse is a Monday away game after facing a newly invigorated Harvard squad.

- Hobart and Colgate as Tuesday games certainly can't be overlooked.

- On balance, the Ivy League will be strong. Playing Penn away will be challenging. Getting Yale at home should help a bit. Getting Brown at home should be a better alternative. Dartmouth away is unpredictable. Princeton at Princeton will be a challenge.

Go Big Red!
bananas

Post by bananas »

Might be rusty but good overall team led by a excellent attack. Ill go with 9-5.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

bananas wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:42 pm Might be rusty but good overall team led by a excellent attack. Ill go with 9-5.
Maybe 8-5 more likely... :P figured I start early. Good luck to the Big Red this season!
bananas

Post by bananas »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:49 pm
bananas wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:42 pm Might be rusty but good overall team led by a excellent attack. Ill go with 9-5.
Maybe 8-5 more likely... :P figured I start early. Good luck to the Big Red this season!

I do remember the Statesman sticking right with a excellent BigRed team in a high scoring 2019 home opener .
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

bananas wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:11 pm
oldbartman wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:49 pm

I do remember the Statesman sticking right with a excellent BigRed team in a high scoring 2019 home opener .
That was an exciting game. We should have switched goalies sooner.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

In an encouraging sign for Spring sports, men's ice hockey will play ASU this evening.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Says live stream and Watch on the sched but says no live streaming when you click on. :?:
Big Red 9-1-1, am sayin' that's pretty damn good. ASU x 2. 1-1-22 and 1-2-22. Damn.
https://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university

Okay, got it all figured out. Game at 1905, streamed at 2105.
Go Big Red!!!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”