Womens USA team Who you got?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxfan500

Re: Womens USA team Who you got?

Post by Laxfan500 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:55 am
Cletus wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 am Good question. What would be your guess?
Little different than coaches wanting to give underclassmen playtime in order to prepare them for the upcoming seasons when they will be getting substantially more playtime, I'd think that they'd want to have "underclassmen" on the roster. with this said, there's no "eligibility" issues in National Team play and I'd be surprised if the number of younger, medium, and older players is formalized.
https://www.usalacrosse.com/news-media- ... ixes-event

Not sure what to make of this : is not all Team US players …is some new players …but what is point of it? Is it for 2028 olympics ? Just confused why there are players not from U19 or Team USA but a mix ?
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

Laxfan500 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:18 pm
Little different than coaches wanting to give underclassmen playtime in order to prepare them for the upcoming seasons when they will be getting substantially more playtime, I'd think that they'd want to have "underclassmen" on the roster. with this said, there's no "eligibility" issues in National Team play and I'd be surprised if the number of younger, medium, and older players is formalized.

Not sure what to make of this : is not all Team US players …is some new players …but what is point of it? Is it for 2028 olympics ? Just confused why there are players not from U19 or Team USA but a mix ?
That is only for 6s. For the multi-sport event World Games in Birmingham next year & maybe the Olympics in the future.

Expectation was for speedy middies to be picked.
List of players that often are not middies:
A: Apuzzo, Ward, Wurzburger
D: Donovan, Little, Palermo, Simkins, Wallpher, Burns
G: Waters, Hall, Douchette, Hicklen
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

spartanslynx wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:59 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:18 pm

That is only for 6s. For the multi-sport event World Games in Birmingham next year & maybe the Olympics in the future.

Expectation was for speedy middies to be picked.
List of players that often are not middies:
A: Apuzzo, Ward, Wurzburger
D: Donovan, Little, Palermo, Simkins, Wallpher, Burns
G: Waters, Hall, Douchette, Hicklen
glaxer24

Sixes 7/13

Post by glaxer24 »

Did anyone catch the Sixes game? If so, how was it?
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Does anyone know when this sixes thing is over this week
OuttaNowhereWregget

Cagekeeper wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:43 pm Does anyone know when this sixes thing is over this week
It’s hard to tell. Not much info on a quick look through some of the posts. They look like they’re all having fun though. Coed teams today.

https://twitter.com/usawlax/status/1415 ... 68836?s=21
OuttaNowhereWregget

Cagekeeper wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:43 pm Does anyone know when this sixes thing is over this week
Just saw that today (per Twitter) was the last day of training camp. Beyond that, I don't know what's next for the "Six Chicks" (to quote from the great movie 13 Going on 30).
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

With a few exceptions, this roster reads like it's Team USA Juniors or something... All very good players and certainly some kids worth the effort to develop, but this is obviously not the best roster the US can put together for this event...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Via wlaxphan20: Tianna Wallpher, Towson '18, current AC, volunteer I think, at Hopkins
Last edited by Matnum PI on Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Via wlaxphan20: Kristen "Cookie" Carr, UNC '10 (big props to her for keeping up with the young guns), and another AC at Hopkins, took over for Steele Stanwick, was also AC at Stanford for a while, been on Team USA since 2008
Last edited by Matnum PI on Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Caddy Day
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Hey Matnum PI,

I have a suggestion : when you or anyone else post photos, identifying the person always helps. Never take for granted that people will know. Thanks.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

First pic is Tianna Wallpher, Towson '18, current AC, volunteer I think, at Hopkins

Second is Kristen "Cookie" Carr, UNC '10 (big props to her for keeping up with the young guns), and another AC at Hopkins, took over for Steele Stanwick, was also AC at Stanford for a while, been on Team USA since 2008
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:00 pm First pic is Tianna Wallpher, Towson '18, current AC, volunteer I think, at Hopkins

Second is Kristen "Cookie" Carr, UNC '10 (big props to her for keeping up with the young guns), and another AC at Hopkins, took over for Steele Stanwick, was also AC at Stanford for a while, been on Team USA since 2008
Thank you
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Can Opener wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:24 am
DMac wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:57 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 am
“She’s a born killer,” said USA Blue attacker Sam Apuzzo, who’s playing with North for the first time since coaching her as a volunteer assistant at BC. “She’s a threat no matter where she is on the field.”
Yup, completely agree. On top of her 6 & 1 she had a couple of those hockey assist type plays where she drew the double and got the D out of whack. I sure see her as the single most dynamic player in the game. Whatever "it" is, she's got it in spades (as well as a lot of talent).
I sincerely hope that NJ Bill makes a return from FanLax heaven, but I don't think this news will encourage him to drop his wings and halo to rejoin us. I think it may have been easier for him to swoop in with "I told you so" than "I stand corrected."
Shoutout to my BC Brutha. Hope all is well, my man.

DMac

Post by DMac »

No antagonizing, instigating, thumbing your nose or giving the finger going on there. Nope none at all.
Oh wait, let me guess, I'm misinterpreting it all and you're just giving a friendly shout out just for the hell of it.
I got it now. :roll:
Bart

Post by Bart »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:34 pm
“She’s a born killer,” said USA Blue attacker Sam Apuzzo, who’s playing with North for the first time since coaching her as a volunteer assistant at BC. “She’s a threat no matter where she is on the field.”
Yup, completely agree. On top of her 6 & 1 she had a couple of those hockey assist type plays where she drew the double and got the D out of whack. I sure see her as the single most dynamic player in the game. Whatever "it" is, she's got it in spades (as well as a lot of talent).
I sincerely hope that NJ Bill makes a return from FanLax heaven, but I don't think this news will encourage him to drop his wings and halo to rejoin us. I think it may have been easier for him to swoop in with "I told you so" than "I stand corrected."

May be your best troll ever.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:13 pm

May be your best troll ever.
And, if the intention was to communicate to his "BC Brutha" then a PM would have done the trick nicely.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:08 am
And, if the intention was to communicate to his "BC Brutha" then a PM would have done the trick nicely.
:lol: :lol:
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Dude, I thought Penn State was your team?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:43 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:28 am
Hey CO, thanks for the Marie McCool history lesson. I guess you missed the part where I said I respect and like Marie very much. I know all about her from Moorestown HS. She happened to play for The Knoblochs(Deanna, HC and KC, Asst Coach) and they are longtime friends. Marie is YOUNG! I didn't make that up...it's a fact! If I listen to you, her playing and observing for the past 10 years(she's only been coaching for one year), somehow trumps my considerable experience. Am I getting this right or is that not what you meant to do? I somehow feel that you were trying to belittle me because I said that Marie's statement(specifically the "that nobody has ever done before") was not exactly accurate. I have seen a lot of stuff in the sport of Lacrosse(Men's and Women's) and I have seen great talented players, that a player just a few years out of college more than likely wouldn't know.

I'll name a few...Candy Finn, Margie Anderson, Gail Cummings, the late Sue Mellis Sofarnos, Katrina Dowd(a lot of people seem to forget how special she was), Nicole Flego, Nora Maguire, Kylie Ohlmiller(I think she's still around), Michele Tumolo(any idea where she is these days :roll: ), Selena Lasota

Hope I was able to address this properly. I'm sure you will tell me if I haven't.
I appreciate the history reminder LGL! I agree, I do feel people often forget how special Katrina Dowd was. Marie is young but likely grew up watching Dowd (and later had Dowd as a coach at UNC) & Tumolo, and Lasota was actually in the same class year as Marie - so I don't think she is completely ignorant to those players or their talent.

I also agree with you when you mention TV streaming. CN may have stick skills that the sport has seen before, but the amount of media coverage and social media visibility women's lacrosse had this year was astronomical compared to previous seasons. I think that's what Marie means when she says "what the collegiate players have been able to do for our sport" and "It's so important for young kids to see those things". Collegiate players today can reach so much further than just the fans at the game due to their streaming and social media platforms. Take some of her viral videos for example - that can be seen by so many young kids in non-hot bed areas that don't have college programs nearby to go and watch. All they have to do is open twitter or TikTok and now that kid is saying "wow, lemme go try that in the back yard" or "that looks cool, I want to try this sport out" whereas before they wouldn't have access to content like that at all.

It might not have been phrased the best, and I can understand how it could come off as ignorant, but that's how I interpreted McCool's comments about CN - because of her stick skills and talent, combined with the increased media coverage of lacrosse and popularity & accessibility of social media, CN is able to do things for the sport that no one has done before. Just my two cents.
Looks like they’re going with an experienced heavy team tonight only dressing about 20 players clearly they are looking at players that I’ve
Have had experience in the last USA games and of course north they have to put her in she did when the Tewarton.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”