Transfer Portal 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxman23

Re: Transfer Portal 2022

Post by Laxman23 »

Better question for the coach of a mid-major program who is irritated if one of his hidden gems has a chance to upgrade to a Duke or ND or an IVY:

Would that coach turn down a coaching opportunity at that ACC or other school?

Incidentally I thought there would be more announcements in the portal? Were there more senior stars last year? Many of the successful high profile transfers this year were graduated seniors from the IVY league that had no other option but to enroll in a graduate program at another school unless you were a miracle FOGO who could somehow enroll at Denver and return to graduate from YAle???

This yea's IVY seniors who returned to school hoping for a season got the shortest end of the stick. Many higher profile players withdrew and are doing their IVY experience in five years and that may explain a few less in the portal??
Not sure why not more announcements in the other schools??
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bearfan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:48 am Better question for the coach of a mid-major program who is irritated if one of his hidden gems has a chance to upgrade to a Duke or ND or an IVY:

Incidentally I thought there would be more announcements in the portal? Were there more senior stars last year? Many of the successful high profile transfers this year were graduated seniors from the IVY league that had no other option but to enroll in a graduate program at another school unless you were a miracle FOGO who could somehow enroll at Denver and return to graduate from YAle???

This yea's IVY seniors who returned to school hoping for a season got the shortest end of the stick. Many higher profile players withdrew and are doing their IVY experience in five years and that may explain a few less in the portal??
Ivy League teams are losing so many kids because of how they handled COVID that they will struggle to field teams next season if they continue with sports.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:11 am
Bearfan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:48 am Better question for the coach of a mid-major program who is irritated if one of his hidden gems has a chance to upgrade to a Duke or ND or an IVY:

Ivy League teams are losing so many kids because of how they handled COVID that they will struggle to field teams next season if they continue with sports.
it won't be that quick.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:17 am

it won't be that quick.
My fault, 2023 season.....I know if my kid liked an Ivy League School and they made him/her an offer, I would try my best to convince them to go somewhere else because of how that league handled Covid. I am sure most parents would do the same for their kids.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:11 am Ivy League teams are losing so many kids because of how they handled COVID that they will struggle to field teams next season if they continue with sports.
Did many/any 2021 Ivy commits flip?
GSP

Post by GSP »

FlyEaglesFly wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:06 am Ok so what if Lars doesn’t add the grad transfer Charlie Bertrand? Let’s not count his 2 goals in the semis and they lose to UNC 11-10.

The transfer game is what it is these days.
WRONG! UVA would have won 10 to 6 because using your logic, UNC would have lost Chris Gray's 3 goals and 2 assists. Be careful what you wish for.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

GSP wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:35 am
FlyEaglesFly wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:06 am Ok so what if Lars doesn’t add the grad transfer Charlie Bertrand? Let’s not count his 2 goals in the semis and they lose to UNC 11-10.

The transfer game is what it is these days.
WRONG! UVA would have won 10 to 6 because using your logic, UNC would have lost Chris Gray's 3 goals and 2 assists. Be careful what you wish for.
Haha
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:21 am

it won't be that quick.
My fault, 2023 season.....I know if my kid liked an Ivy League School and they made him/her an offer, I would try my best to convince them to go somewhere else because of how that league handled Covid. I am sure most parents would do the same for their kids.

Nope. Most parents will send their kid to the Ivy League school. You getting out of line just makes the line shorter by 1. Ivy League and NESCAC have the lacrosse world by the balls....sad but true.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

it won't be that quick.
just don't let them verbal to a mid-major first.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:38 am

it won't be that quick.
just don't let them verbal to a mid-major first.
I am telling you. If a kid likes an Ivy League School, the parent would be crazy to encourage them to go. The right thing to do is to convince the kid to go somewhere else.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

TLD is starting to sound like Kramerica on the Loyola thread during their run.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Typical Lax Dad

Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:28 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:11 am Ivy League teams are losing so many kids because of how they handled COVID that they will struggle to field teams next season if they continue with sports.
I saw a Cornell commits father yesterday. He had a droopy face because his kid is stuck going there. It’s kind of sad.
Typical Lax Dad

44WeWantMore wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:52 am TLD is starting to sound like Kramerica on the Loyola thread during their run.
I heard Hopkins has to rebuild its future recruiting classes because Petro got a raw deal. All of those kids flipped.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:53 am
I saw a Cornell commits father yesterday. He had a droopy face because his kid is stuck going there. It’s kind of sad.
hard knocks fairfield county.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Have helped a few kids get to IVY schools over the last 2-3 years and the players and parents are angry and if they had the chance to do over, they would have gone anywhere but the IVY.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

livelovelax wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:28 am Have helped a few kids get to IVY schools over the last 2-3 years and the players and parents are angry and if they had the chance to do over, they would have gone anywhere but the IVY.
pll just got a big cash infusion. kraft is in. tsai is in. musk is next.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:25 am
It’s a hard luck life.....you see Luka last night!
Typical Lax Dad

livelovelax wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:28 am Have helped a few kids get to IVY schools over the last 2-3 years and the players and parents are angry and if they had the chance to do over, they would have gone anywhere but the IVY.
Did they hit the portal yet?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:37 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:25 am
It’s a hard luck life.....you see Luka last night!
he's your guy! watched my guy russ wind the season down. there's no joy in mudville today.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

“ Could be worse, Could be raining “

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mC4VflOayBw

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”