The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Matnum PI »

Joe Biden has picked Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo to be his Commerce Secretary.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/busi ... etary.html
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Joe Biden: "What we witnessed yesterday was not dissent. It was not disorder. It was not protest. It was chaos. They weren't protesters. Don't dare call them protesters. They were a riotous mob. Insurrectionists. Domestic terrorists. It's that basic. It's that simple."

Trump "unleashed an all-out assault on our institutions of our democracy from the outset. And yesterday was the culmination of that unrelenting attack."

Trump was "trying to use a mob to silence the voices of nearly 160 million Americans."

"Our president is not above the law. Justice serves the people."

Joe Biden tells his Justice Department nominees: "You won't work for me. You are not the president or the vice president's lawyer. Your loyalty is not to me. It's to the law. The Constitution. The people of this nation."
Last edited by Matnum PI on Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Law degree from Yale. We sure we want any of those around given Hawley???
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:41 pm Joe Biden has picked Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo to be his Commerce Secretary.
Good choice; she is smart and measured. This is the role I thought he might ask John Kasich to serve in his Administration.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:16 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:41 pm Joe Biden has picked Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo to be his Commerce Secretary.
Good choice; she is smart and measured. This is the role I thought he might ask John Kasich to serve in his Administration.
POTUS Biden is on one hell of a roll. Every pick in his administration have all been described as "smart and measured" ;) Hopefully 6 months from now they will all still look as brilliant as they do today. :D The first half report card will come in by the end of June. How they handle COVID will be a huge part of their grade. I'm guessing Lil Kim will also throw a few curveballs at Joe as well. This is now 100% the Democrats show. They have a plan and have made some big promises. It will be interesting IMO to see how the plan will work. The COVID hot potato has now been tossed in their hands. I hope they do better than the republicans did. IMO the COVID problem stems from too many people stupid people that still don't take the threat seriously. In the words of Forrest Gumps mom... stupid is as stupid does.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Joe is a Centrist. And he'll push forward Centrist agendas. I'm relatively confident that he'll right the ship as much as anyone could right the ship.
Caddy Day
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:02 pm Joe is a Centrist. And he'll push forward Centrist agendas. I'm relatively confident that he'll right the ship as much as anyone could right the ship.
That depends on how many people are congregating on the port and starboard of the ship. You can't right the ship until it is balanced.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:40 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:02 pm Joe is a Centrist. And he'll push forward Centrist agendas. I'm relatively confident that he'll right the ship as much as anyone could right the ship.
That depends on how many people are congregating on the port and starboard of the ship. You can't right the ship until it is balanced.
He's done a good job giving the total whack job lefties the Heisman so far. Here's hoping that Biden can actually last 4 years to avoid handing the full reigns over to Kamala who would likely govern from much further left.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:31 pm
He's done a good job giving the total whack job lefties the Heisman so far. Here's hoping that Biden can actually last 4 years to avoid handing the full reigns over to Kamala who would likely govern from much further left.
This is the part that concern me. It seems the extremes on both sides are cultivating the chaos, the center on both sides is okay giving them a voice...in hopes of favor come election time; whores for an extra vote. Essentially, allowing the inmates to run the asylum.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:09 pm Joe Biden: "What we witnessed yesterday was not dissent. It was not disorder. It was not protest. It was chaos. They weren't protesters. Don't dare call them protesters. They were a riotous mob. Insurrectionists. Domestic terrorists. It's that basic. It's that simple."

Trump "unleashed an all-out assault on our institutions of our democracy from the outset. And yesterday was the culmination of that unrelenting attack."

Trump was "trying to use a mob to silence the voices of nearly 160 million Americans."

"Our president is not above the law. Justice serves the people."

Joe Biden tells his Justice Department nominees: "You won't work for me. You are not the president or the vice president's lawyer. Your loyalty is not to me. It's to the law. The Constitution. The people of this nation."
You mean he won’t work like this guy?

“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:45 pm
This is the part that concern me. It seems the extremes on both sides are cultivating the chaos, the center on both sides is okay giving them a voice...in hopes of favor come election time; whores for an extra vote. Essentially, allowing the inmates to run the asylum.
What does that mean....I'm a center guy and I have no interest in accommodating either extreme.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:41 pm
What does that mean....I'm a center guy and I have no interest in accommodating either extreme.
Speaking about elected officials that need votes to retain their cushy job, not you and I.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I could not agree more. Here is to 4 years of good health to Joe Biden..
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:55 pm
foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:41 pm
Speaking about elected officials that need votes to retain their cushy job, not you and I.
gottcha...agreed.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:25 pm
Not a fan of Biden. At all. For a myriad of reasons. But still pulling for him and the country to do well. And certainly stay healthy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:42 am
Not a fan of Biden. At all. For a myriad of reasons. But still pulling for him and the country to do well. And certainly stay healthy.
+1
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

10 Days.
Caddy Day
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:31 pm He's done a good job giving the total whack job lefties the Heisman so far. Here's hoping that Biden can actually last 4 years to avoid handing the full reigns over to Kamala who would likely govern from much further left.
Our nation's economic policies have been toward the hard right for 40 years now. Any move to the center will be perceived as moving left.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:42 am
Why?

Too old?

His voter from 30 years ago?

Anita Hill?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day

Return to “POLITICS”