Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Boston College

Post by DMac »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 pm Tangent alert: from '88-'10 SU won 11 National Titles with All Americans wearing that number, including the 3 Powell brothers.
That's actually from '83 to '09.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:43 am This is the second picture I’ve seen this fall of Belle Smith in the draw circle. Who knows, the Eagles may be planning to take some of the draw burden off North‘s shoulders for ‘22.

Who cares who is taking the draw for BC … that looks like Bella Godsick finally getting to suit up for the BIG GREEN!
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:47 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:38 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:07 pm
tothedraw wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:24 pm I think the assumption being made is that Sam Apuzzo was #2. As far as I know BC hasn't announced #2 as a legacy number like SU Men's #22. IMHO that is a reach.
Oh, OK; I had forgotten that Sam was No. 2. Not sure I'd read anything into the number assignment.

The SU number has become a burden.

Yeah, my friend's son is going to be wearing that number in 2 years. The legacy is great, but the weight of the legacy can be overwhelming in terms of expectations. My friend's son will do just fine. Hopefully.

I agree about the #2 at BC. Other than Apuzzo, I don't believe the number has any real legacy to it.
An 18 year old shouldn't be burdened with the consolidated legacy of Gary Gait, Charlie Lockwood, Casey Powell, Michael Powell, Ryan Powell and Dan Hardy and the ten national championships they won wearing it. Joey should start with another number. Gait did. Ryan Powell did.
100% this. I like how MD handles the #1. That number is passed down year to year to who deserves it based on how they've played over their career at MD and is considered an honor based on leadership ability. It's not ever given to some hot shot recruit freshman.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:24 pm I think the assumption being made is that Sam Apuzzo was #2.
Bart

Post by Bart »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 pm Tangent alert: from '88-'10 SU won 11 National Titles with All Americans wearing that number, including the 3 Powell brothers. That's a legacy. I think Spallina was raised to handle that burden :D
I think everyone who wears that number thinks the same thing. Perhaps you are right, I wish the kid luck. The pressure of that number got even greater now that the OG is the head coach......imo.

As to BC...they certainly will be fun to watch if everyone stays healthy.
OuttaNowhereWregget

How many BC alumni can you pick out? I spy Covie Stanwick, Kenzie Kent, Dempsey Arsenault, Brooke Troy and Taylor Walker.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Weeks sisters Both playing in 2022?

From yesterday's Boston College photo shoot post, the Weeks sisters, Courtney and Cassidy, their brave war wounds evident, yet looking like they're ready for opening draw in 2 months. I wonder how this fits with the earlier reports that Courtney Weeks got injured in Fall Ball. Hopefully it means her injury wasn't serious enough to eliminate her from the '22 roster.

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

4 good BC photos. The pic above is one of them.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

One pic (below) and three more at this link.
Caddy Day
seacoaster

Re: 2022 schedule is out!

Post by seacoaster »

Brown, Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth. I guess we will have some data on the question of how good the Ivy League is in relation to the ACC.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:44 am
Brown, Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth. I guess we will have some data on the question of how good the Ivy League is in relation to the ACC.
I hear ya, but based on what I saw in the Dartmouth/BC scrimmage this fall, BC looks as if they are playing at an entirely different level. Sadly, the Ivies are unlikely to keep these games from getting ugly. I hope I am wrong, but…
OuttaNowhereWregget

Can Opener wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:11 pm
I hear ya, but based on what I saw in the Dartmouth/BC scrimmage this fall, BC looks as if they are playing at an entirely different level. Sadly, the Ivies are unlikely to keep these games from getting ugly. I hope I am wrong, but…
I think a better (though still flawed and unbalanced) test would be vs Penn and Princeton. BC will overwhelm these 4 teams, as alluded to by CO. A better matchup for these 4 Ivy’s would be Virginia Tech, Louisville and Pitt.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I doubt you're wrong. Penn and Princeton are likely the class of the league this year.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

North will put up a good 40 points playing against those Ivy teams. Acacia doesn’t like to travel far - and why should she . Denver being the lone exception.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:36 pm
North will put up a good 40 points playing against those Ivy teams. Acacia doesn’t like to travel far - and why should she . Denver being the lone exception.
Yeah, I’m afraid you’re not exaggerating.

Looks like they are using the away game in Kentucky as the hop to Denver.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

I see three potential tight games in this schedule (1 per month). 13-3 at worst 16-0 at best. My guess 15-1.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Already posted but... Whatever.
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Badass

As Rod Stewart once told us, "Every picture tells a story, don't it." This little clip of BC's 2nd edition of the Big 3 (in order Mallory Hasselbeck, Summer Agostino and McKenna Davis) was posted yesterday on Instagram. What this picture tells me is BC has another badass coming up. Highly touted incoming attacker McKenna Davis looks the part here. Her whole demeanor with the open mouthed gum chewing as the finishing touch says, Uh-Oh-- we got us another BC badass.

seacoaster

Re: Badass

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:17 am As Rod Stewart once told us, "Every picture tells a story, don't it." This little clip of BC's 2nd edition of the Big 3 (in order Mallory Hasselbeck, Summer Agostino and McKenna Davis) was posted yesterday on Instagram. What this picture tells me is BC has another badass coming up. Highly touted incoming attacker McKenna Davis looks the part here. Her whole demeanor with the open mouthed gum chewing as the finishing touch says, Uh-Oh-- we got us another BC badass.

Putting aside the nifty hype video, in watching these three kid plays, I would have put Agostino as the best of the three, followed by Davis and then MH. No offense to MH or MD. I thought Davis looked rally good in the games against the national teams. My impression of Hasselbeck was "good size, handles -- carries and passes -- the ball better than her sister as a freshman." In any event, it does appear that AWW has a very able freshman class.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”