Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:55 am War as observed by Ernie Pyle.
Thanks for posting that.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:55 am War as observed by Ernie Pyle.
Thanks for posting that.
Excellent article. I would note that with the exception of Iraq/Afghanistan (I know, a pretty big exception ;) ) most of our military misadventures began under Democrat administrations. The avoidance of war (and the ruthlessness of combat tactics should war be unavoidable) that the current administration espouses to me is the best model for incentivizing potential enemies to seek peace or at least avoid war with us.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

The result of teaching that immutable characteristics are a worthy way to judge people. Schools telling people they should be ashamed for something they had no say in or have no control over. Similar to anyone who would judge a gay person for being gay. How do we continue the conversation when you tell someone you can't like them because of something they can't change? End of conversation. No wonder we're getting along so well.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2019/06/ ... llege.html
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

get it to x wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:29 am military misadventures
carefully worded. very astute.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Teen Athletes Challenge CT Policy Allowing Transgenders To Compete Against Girls

Pick your poison. I thought we were told women and men were equals...oh wait, that gender identity makes us equals, oh wait, I'm confused. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:45 pm Teen Athletes Challenge CT Policy Allowing Transgenders To Compete Against Girls

Pick your poison. I thought we were told women and men were equals...oh wait, that gender identity makes us equals, oh wait, I'm confused. :lol:
Those website comments are cancer.

The NCAA has actually done a pretty good job with legislation regarding this area. Get your diagnosis, go on hormone replacement therapy for a specified time (which negates virtually all of the benefits of any previous development). Getting valid diagnoses and medicine as a teenager is really hard, especially with our third world health care system. A third "open" category is probably needed with some barriers to entry depending on your body chemistry.

The thought experiment I give everyone talking about this is always: imagine you wake up tomorrow in the body of the opposite gender. Do you accept your new body, or do you use science to change you back into the body your brain tells you you are? This is what MRIs and other science has shown - their brain is structured as the opposite gender vs what their body developed as in utero due to a variety of causes.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:45 pm Teen Athletes Challenge CT Policy Allowing Transgenders To Compete Against Girls

The NCAA has actually done a pretty good job with legislation regarding this area. Get your diagnosis, go on hormone replacement therapy for a specified time (which negates virtually all of the benefits of any previous development). Getting valid diagnoses and medicine as a teenager is really hard, especially with our third world health care system. A third "open" category is probably needed with some barriers to entry depending on your body chemistry.

The thought experiment I give everyone talking about this is always: imagine you wake up tomorrow in the body of the opposite gender. Do you accept your new body, or do you use science to change you back into the body your brain tells you you are? This is what MRIs and other science has shown - their brain is structured as the opposite gender vs what their body developed as in utero due to a variety of causes.
Tough situation by all for sure. I have a niece born female, who is/has currently struggling with gender identity. Her family has legally changed her name to a gender neutral name and identified as male, as a 10th grader in HS. Now, recently graduated HS, has waffled back to identifying as a female again, but now as a bi-sexual female. Makes my head spin listening to the family stories.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:18 am

Tough situation by all for sure. I have a niece born female, who is/has currently struggling with gender identity. Her family has legally changed her name to a gender neutral name and identified as male, as a 10th grader in HS. Now, recently graduated HS, has waffled back to identifying as a female again, but now as a bi-sexual female. Makes my head spin listening to the family stories.
You think it is a flippant choice on her/his part? I have friends going through this same thing with their daughter/son. They had no idea. Kid told them they felt that way all their life but never told anyone....another friend who was one of the best players in college lacrosse hung out with his teammates not long ago. One of his old teammates is a woman now. Nobody cares
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:25 am

You think it is a flippant choice on her/his part? I have friends going through this same thing with their daughter/son. They had no idea. Kid told them they felt that way all their life but never told anyone....another friend who was one of the best players in college lacrosse hung out with his teammates not long ago. One of his old teammates is a woman now. Nobody cares
Yes and no. Why?, because there is very little way to get to the core, especially as an adolescent. The parents spent thousands on a well known identity psychiatrist evaluations only for the shrink to essentially say she suffers from anxiety and depression and if she identifies as a boy than I can not prove that one way or another. I will also add that the parents are/were on both ends of the spectrum about the decisions. Mom never really cut the umbilical cord...very clingy and smothering and Dad was essentially not present very materialistic, always away golfing, anything to not be at home.
Curious how you view your friends family.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

For my friend that went through this - I am super proud of how their child has dealt with the issue...nothing but respect and admiration for the parents, along with full support.

They won't tell the grandmother....
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:55 am

Yes and no. Why?, because there is very little way to get to the core, especially as an adolescent. The parents spent thousands on a well known identity psychiatrist evaluations only for the shrink to essentially say she suffers from anxiety and depression and if she identifies as a boy than I can not prove that one way or another. I will also add that the parents are/were on both ends of the spectrum about the decisions. Mom never really cut the umbilical cord...very clingy and smothering and Dad was essentially not present very materialistic, always away golfing, anything to not be at home.
I admire them. It is not easy, particularly in their religious community. I have known their daughter since she was born. On the outside, a normal upper middle class up bringing. She didn't wake up one day and say "being gay is cool....why not!" I would not want to be in their shoes. Would you? I know people that are embarrassed about their kids not making a travel team and the impact it has on them socially. Imagine this. It was not easy for them to tell us. The fact this is a "political" issue is actually sad....even sadder is how their social circle has shrunk. That is what friends are for, huh?.....EDIT: My buddy's dad is a golfing buddy of Trump..... imagine those family conversations.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 am

I admire them. It is not easy, particularly in their religious community. I have known their daughter since she was born. On the outside, a normal upper middle class up bringing. She didn't wake up one day and say "being gay is cool....why not!" I would not want to be in their shoes. Would you? I know people that are embarrassed about their kids not making a travel team and the impact it has on them socially. Imagine this. It was not easy for them to tell us. The fact this is a "political" issue is actually sad....even sadder is how their social circle has shrunk. That is what friends are for, huh?.....EDIT: My buddy's dad is a golfing buddy of Trump..... imagine those family conversations.
My mistake, in my last comment/question. More specifically I am curious if there is a parenting, sibling dysfunction/stress within their family, that may have caused the child to feel this way? In the case I speak of, it is quite easy to draw the "nurture" and not the nature" correlation.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:10 pm

My mistake, in my last comment/question. More specifically I am curious if there is a parenting, sibling dysfunction/stress within their family, that may have caused the child to feel this way? In the case I speak of, it is quite easy to draw the "nurture" and not the nature" correlation.
Born that way.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-11814300
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Born that way.

Can you help me understand the point of your provided link as it relates to our conversation? I read that article as "forcing" nature upon someone. I was merely asking you if you saw that the environment your friends child grew up in "may" have had an impact on the childs struggle.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Born that way.

Can you help me understand the point of your provided link as it relates to our conversation? I read that article as "forcing" nature upon someone. I was merely asking you if you saw that the environment your friends child grew up in "may" have had an impact on the childs struggle.
The environment was no different than most people I know. Her sibling is fine. Grew up in the same house with the same parents. The article is just some information on nature versus nurture.....God made her that way.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

One Liberal progressive victim group canabilizing another victim group.

Title 9 has run its course.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/17/hous ... JOgfq1mfrs
CU77

Post by CU77 »

From that article:
“People need to wake up. This radical bill is going to totally eliminate women’s and girls sports,” Republican Arizona Rep. Debbie Lesko warned in an op-ed Thursday.
Let's meet back here in ten years and see if that comes true.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU77 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:53 pm From that article:
“People need to wake up. This radical bill is going to totally eliminate women’s and girls sports,” Republican Arizona Rep. Debbie Lesko warned in an op-ed Thursday.
Let's meet back here in ten years and see if that comes true.
It won't take that long.

Three former elite female athletes, Doriane Coleman, Martina Navratilova and Sanya Richards-Ross, warned that the Equality Act would wreak havoc on women’s sports What would they know about it eh.

In Connecticut, one of the states to which Nadler was referring, two male runners have dominated girls’ high school track. A female competitor called the male runners’ advantage “demoralizing.”

And the ACLU is already workin' the room

https://www.aclu.org/blog/lgbt-rights/t ... -nor-legal
Last edited by 6ftstick on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Before getting too spun up I would read the actual bill. It's not like the Daily Caller doesn't have a history of misreporting such things.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:33 pm Before getting too spun up I would read the actual bill. It's not like the Daily Caller doesn't have a history of misreporting such things.
Good idea Pelosi never knows what in a bill till she passes it.

Return to “POLITICS”