Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Jhu99

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by Jhu99 »

jhu06 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:06 pm If you're going into certain fields, labels matter. I appreciate the dad coming on and good luck continuing a very promising career.

Masters degree in phys ed-is that required?

I visited colgate. felt like an overnight camp w/some books that required snowshoes to get to classes 7 months of the year. wasn't for me.
What are you talking about? He’s not getting a masters in Phys Ed
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

Source that was first about Leahey to ND and Horan to 'Cuse says

Teat to Hopkins

https://twitter.com/MillieInsider/statu ... 11137?s=20
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Well that would be something - it certainly puts Hopkins in the conversation of being a very entertaining team to watch, Somebody get at least a beta blocker for Doc B and Sag.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Would be incredible get if true. Rearrange pieces however necessary to get him on the field. I really wonder if moving Cole to midfield might be in the works if this comes to pass. IMO his best stretch was in 2018 when they let him operate out top in front of the goal where his size and lankiness is more of an advantage. Could it be possible we see both Cole and Grimes playing together at midfield next year until attack thins out?

Epstein and Teat down low with Murphy getting open for shots sounds like a great group to me. Here's hoping :!:
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

51percentcorn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:52 am Well that would be something - it certainly puts Hopkins in the conversation of being a very entertaining team to watch, Somebody get at least a beta blocker for Doc B and Sag.
LOL, am I really that bad?

Think how miserable we'd all be right now if we still had the same old coaching staff?
We'd be suffering through a summer of excuses and remakes and makeover talk and the same program soul searching that we hear every year.

Now we have something to hope for.
In Jen we trust.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Catbird wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:57 am Would be incredible get if true. Rearrange pieces however necessary to get him on the field. I really wonder if moving Cole to midfield might be in the works if this comes to pass. IMO his best stretch was in 2018 when they let him operate out top in front of the goal where his size and lankiness is more of an advantage. Could it be possible we see both Cole and Grimes playing together at midfield next year until attack thins out?

Epstein and Teat down low with Murphy getting open for shots sounds like a great group to me. Here's hoping :!:
Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but do we have the midfield pieces (even if we assume Cole and Grimes at midfield) to counter a shut-off JT strategy?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 am
Catbird wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:57 am Would be incredible get if true. Rearrange pieces however necessary to get him on the field. I really wonder if moving Cole to midfield might be in the works if this comes to pass. IMO his best stretch was in 2018 when they let him operate out top in front of the goal where his size and lankiness is more of an advantage. Could it be possible we see both Cole and Grimes playing together at midfield next year until attack thins out?

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but do we have the midfield pieces (even if we assume Cole and Grimes at midfield) to counter a shut-off JT strategy?
Seriously?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:17 am
51percentcorn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:52 am Well that would be something - it certainly puts Hopkins in the conversation of being a very entertaining team to watch, Somebody get at least a beta blocker for Doc B and Sag.

Think how miserable we'd all be right now if we still had the same old coaching staff?
We'd be suffering through a summer of excuses and remakes and makeover talk and the same program soul searching that we hear every year.

In Jen we trust.
People might make fun of you for this sentiment and lord knows I don't agree with all of your posts but I agree here 100%. Whether Teat comes or not there's a palpable buzz and excitement and sense of hope for the future around this team that simply would NOT be there with the old staff—no matter what you think of them.

For what it's worth, that Twitter account is anonymous, and one correct transfer scoop does not make it a trusted source. I still think it's pretty unlikely Teat comes to Hopkins. From what I've heard, he's still trying to figure out a way to stay at Cornell, and if that doesn't work out, he's likely to go pro. Would love nothing more to be wrong.

Because it's fun to dream—re: the shutoff strategy, Cornell had a lot of talented offensive players but they did not have a Joey Epstein. If you try shutting off Teat, we still have an All-American attackman who can initiate and run the offense himself without missing a beat.
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

Should also point out that Teat has yet to enter the transfer portal. And honestly who even knows if he's thinking about Hopkins as a potential destination.

He could decide to go pro and play in PLL and be the #1 pick in the NLL Draft.
118:24 #HHH
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

cuseman4133 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:39 am Should also point out that Teat has yet to enter the transfer portal. And honestly who even knows if he's thinking about Hopkins as a potential destination.

If Teat graduated I don't think he would be a transfer. He'd be a grad student as so many other Ivy grads have done if they had a year of eligibility remaining.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Show me your TEAT!
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

If we're going to dream, what about Salvatore and (please, please) Duggan too?
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Forgot Fletcher and Telesco, sorry. They'd fit well too.

Being serious though, if Cornell doesn't let guys go back for a fifth year, I'd expect at least one of these guys on the team next year. Anyone have any idea what's actually going on with the decision-making at Cornell? Are the Penn guys still in limbo too?
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

Gobigred wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:21 pm
cuseman4133 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:39 am Should also point out that Teat has yet to enter the transfer portal. And honestly who even knows if he's thinking about Hopkins as a potential destination.

If Teat graduated I don't think he would be a transfer. He'd be a grad student as so many other Ivy grads have done if they had a year of eligibility remaining.
He'd still need to enter the transfer portal as other Ivy League grads have done.
118:24 #HHH
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:20 am
Sagittarius A* wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:17 am

In Jen we trust.
People might make fun of you for this sentiment and lord knows I don't agree with all of your posts but I agree here 100%. Whether Teat comes or not there's a palpable buzz and excitement and sense of hope for the future around this team that simply would NOT be there with the old staff—no matter what you think of them.

For what it's worth, that Twitter account is anonymous, and one correct transfer scoop does not make it a trusted source. I still think it's pretty unlikely Teat comes to Hopkins. From what I've heard, he's still trying to figure out a way to stay at Cornell, and if that doesn't work out, he's likely to go pro. Would love nothing more to be wrong.

Because it's fun to dream—re: the shutoff strategy, Cornell had a lot of talented offensive players but they did not have a Joey Epstein. If you try shutting off Teat, we still have an All-American attackman who can initiate and run the offense himself without missing a beat.
The reason I mentioned midfielders is two-fold. You covered one; assuming he comes back 100% Epstein is an elite attackman, and transforms the entire unit. But the other is that, in those shut-off schemes, isn't the daylight up top? We will want middies to work from there, with Epstein staying behind the cage, right?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

so we're still on scheming shut offs based on a tweet from what looks like a labrador that just joined twitter?
do i have that right?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Woof!
Jhu99

Post by Jhu99 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:05 pm so we're still on scheming shut offs based on a tweet from what looks like a labrador that just joined twitter?
do i have that right?
Exactly. It’s total BS. Not real at all, but half the folks on this forum will believe that Teat is going to come to Hop until he doesn’t.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

It probably is BS. But maybe it's not. Who knows? What's wrong with engaging in some idle speculation even if it comes from an anonymous lab on twitter? God knows this forum has seen dumber things said. What the hell else do we have to talk about anyway? Haven't heard anything about the VAC in a couple of weeks. It's certainly more fun that talking politics. But hey, you know, go ahead and dump on people for speculatively responding to speculative things on a stupid anonymous internet forum, which forum I happen to enjoy very much.

Again, Cornell has a good senior class, all of whom have another year of eligibility per the NCAA, but maybe(?)/possibly)(/)/probably(?) not at Cornell. And Hop just hired Cornell's apparently well-liked HC. And Hop is willing to take on grad transfers. And could use guys at a few of the positions the Cornell guys play. So probably not Teat, but is is really unreasonable to think there might be a recent Cornell grad or two playing for the Jays next year?
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

nyjay wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:25 am It probably is BS. But maybe it's not. Who knows? What's wrong with engaging in some idle speculation even if it comes from an anonymous lab on twitter? God knows this forum has seen dumber things said. What the hell else do we have to talk about anyway? Haven't heard anything about the VAC in a couple of weeks. It's certainly more fun that talking politics. But hey, you know, go ahead and dump on people for speculatively responding to speculative things on a stupid anonymous internet forum, which forum I happen to enjoy very much.
There are less Trolls in the Lord of the Rings than there are on this forum.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”