2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by Kismet »

CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:58 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:53 pm Pelosi leaving leadership on her terms. Will serve out her new term. People who study the history of congress do and will in future consider her one of the great speakers.

Great lady.
Which elected professional woman will r's hate next?

I also note that Schumer took Feinstein out of President Pro Temp path, skipping Diane to Murray.
Actually, think they convinced Feinstein to take pass on the position. Suspect she will be retiring from the Senate soon and many don't think she knows even what day it is. :oops:

In other news, Caribou Barbie or the Denali Ditz just LOST another election.
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:08 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:53 pm Pelosi leaving leadership on her terms. Will serve out her new term. People who study the history of congress do and will in future consider her one of the great speakers.

Great lady.

I also note that Schumer took Feinstein out of President Pro Temp path, skipping Diane to Murray.
Actually, think they convinced Feinstein to take pass on the position. Suspect she will be retiring from the Senate soon and many don't think she knows even what day it is. :oops:
Understand Schiff is angling for this seat.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Great lady.

Feinstein really needs to retire. Good move by Schumer. Feinstein and Pelosi both came to DC the same year as I recall. Much better to go out as Pelosi is, on top. Feinstein is just embarrassing herself.

I thought they had settled on AOC. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

Great lady.

Looks like a total leadership turn over but for Jim Clyburn. Expect it will be very smooth, the Pelosi way!

Good riddance. An entitled, unaccomplished, hypocritical Marie Antoinette, who bought a house in Florida to avoid California taxation. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you, Nancy.
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:30 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:05 am
Maybe crime needs to get that much implausibly worse before you change teams, or your team begins to take this sh*t seriously
Pete, to the shock of no one, the States with the highest violent crime rates are all Republican-run. #1-#10.

Lowest Crime rates? Hawaii, Idaho, Wyoming, Rhode Island, Virginia, New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. All run by Dems, save one.

Crime is relatively low in America, compared with our history.

But to the point: what the F does voting for you team do? The number one State for violent crime is Alaska, run by Mike Dunleavy.

What's your advice, Pete? What's the plan? How does he get violent crime down? Remember: your team saw fit to make sure that everyone has a gun. So....now what?

Every time I ask this, you run and hide. Your plan is "vote Republican, and pretend that that does something". :roll:

You can not be serious.

First off Alaska: its a huge state where police are sometimes an hour or more away from responding. Native Alaskans account for 60%+ of all sexual assaults. Why do you think Native Alaskan women are sexually assaulted so much? Would it have anything to do with the breakdown of the family structure there because of government dependency? If you want to understand Alaskan crime, if you REALLY want to understand it and not lazily repeat online tropes, read this:

https://studybreaks.com/thoughts/why-is ... in-alaska/

As for the rest, crime within almost every state is centered on a few large cities.

In both Republican- and Democratic-led states, almost all true epicentres of crime are in large ‘blue’ communities – particularly those that recently flirted with defunding the police. In Missouri, for example, Democratic St Louis posts roughly the same annual homicide rate (69.4 per 100,000) as El Salvador.

This pattern is not atypical. In Louisiana, the driver of crime is ‘blue’ New Orleans, with 41 homicides per 100,000 residents (about on par with Lesotho). In Ohio, it is Cleveland (33.7) and Cincinnati (23.8). In Tennessee, the driver is Memphis (27.1) and the surrounding blue-collar suburbs. Across the entire list of the 20 most violent American cities, just two currently have Republican or independent leadership teams (Tulsa and Las Vegas respectively).

This alone should debunk the ‘murder concentrated among Republicans’ narrative. But there’s more. There are 11 large Republican-led cities in the US, but only one of these – Tulsa, with 18.6 murders per 100,000 citizens – makes the top-20 list of high-crime big cities, finishing in 14th place.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/11/0 ... r-problem/

Do better research.

Now as to a plan, how about "broken windows policing", with better paid and better trained cops so we avoid George Floyd results? Why is this so resisted by Democrats?
elonmuskrockefeller

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:31 pm
That team just won a plurality of voters across the country,
Yawn.

GOP can muster a winning majority hand only in low turnout elections. Like a mid-term, local or primary. Or in the Electoral College. Duh. Obvious. Geezers watching FNC always vote.

For 2022, GOP got 53.4M votes nation wide (51.2%). Dems got 49.3M (47.3%). 103M total votes.

2020, the national congressional vote was 77.5M votes D (50.8%) vs. 72.8M GOP (47.7%). 150M votes.

Wake me up when the GOP actually gets a real majority of the country.

2020 -- nope.
2016 -- nope.
2012 -- nope.
2008 -- nope.
2004 -- yes.
2000 -- nope.
1996 -- nope.
1992 -- nope.

The GOP is only viable because they can win in places where a minority can win -- low turn out elections, Electoral College, gerry mandered districts, US Senate, SCOTUS. And those efforts are boosted by the GOP's rat-forking voter suppression.

How long until your Petey suspension and your Bandito suspension are up?

Please go away loser Gator troll boy. It is a pain to have to block all of your duplicate personas on here.

And the DNC is only viable because you dominate California and New York and run up your entire margin in just those two states (or did, lol...check the congressional scoreboard). No one likes crime and inflation, ggait. Do you?

Who's your champ to take on Desantis in '24? Newsom (his state is imploding as we speak), Biden (so youthful and aware! :lol: ), Harris (please...what an unmitigated fool), Buttigieg (I don't think so, for too many reasons to list), Whitmer (lockdown Karens don't play well nationally).
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:06 pm One of the great statespeople of our age. The photo if her standing, among all the seated suits, in the cabinet room with her finger pointing at the naughty boundary-free little boy pretending to be President will be an iconic image of her tenure.

https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/ ... 33/photo/1
... she was actually a real looker when she was younger. I was a volunteer intern for her brother as a teenager (shortly after her first marriage), when he first ran for mayor. She would show up at the office to help out sometimes. Great chesticles. ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Who let the gnat in? Phew, smells like gnat fart.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:21 pm
Yawn.

GOP can muster a winning majority hand only in low turnout elections. Like a mid-term, local or primary. Or in the Electoral College. Duh. Obvious. Geezers watching FNC always vote.

For 2022, GOP got 53.4M votes nation wide (51.2%). Dems got 49.3M (47.3%). 103M total votes.

2020, the national congressional vote was 77.5M votes D (50.8%) vs. 72.8M GOP (47.7%). 150M votes.

2020 -- nope.
2016 -- nope.
2012 -- nope.
2008 -- nope.
2004 -- yes.
2000 -- nope.
1996 -- nope.
1992 -- nope.

The GOP is only viable because they can win in places where a minority can win -- low turn out elections, Electoral College, gerry mandered districts, US Senate, SCOTUS. And those efforts are boosted by the GOP's rat-forking voter suppression.

Please go away loser Gator troll boy. It is a pain to have to block all of your duplicate personas on here.

And the DNC is only viable because you dominate California and New York and run up your entire margin in just those two states (or did, lol...check the congressional scoreboard). No one likes crime and inflation, ggait. Do you?

Who's your champ to take on Desantis in '24? Newsom (his state is imploding as we speak), Biden (so youthful and aware! :lol: ), Harris (please...what an unmitigated fool), Buttigieg (I don't think so, for too many reasons to list), Whitmer (lockdown Karens don't play well nationally).
Boycott Stupid.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:16 pm Now as to a plan, how about "broken windows policing", with better paid and better trained cops so we avoid George Floyd results? Why is this so resisted by Democrats?
You're AGAINST broken window policing, Pete. We've had this conversation before. Innocence project, remember? And folks living outside of cities would strongly disagree with your "it's fine" assessment of violent crime.....as usual, you don't want to have a serious conversation. You want to tell us that Dems bad, R's good.

Anything else? You keep telling us to vote R's...and for three years and counting, you can't tell us why, or what they'll do.

It's sad. You're a parody of a Conservative.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:46 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:16 pm Now as to a plan, how about "broken windows policing", with better paid and better trained cops so we avoid George Floyd results? Why is this so resisted by Democrats?
You're AGAINST broken window policing, Pete. We've had this conversation before. Innocence project, remember? And folks living outside of cities would strongly disagree with your "it's fine" assessment of violent crime.....as usual, you don't want to have a serious conversation. You want to tell us that Dems bad, R's good.

Anything else? You keep telling us to vote R's...and for three years and counting, you can't tell us why, or what they'll do.

Two years of Hunter's laptop...to allay inflation. They don't and maybe can't govern.
elonmuskrockefeller

I have no idea what you are talking about. I like broken windows policing and I also like well-trained police. I am not in favor of assault vehicles being used by police. I am in favor of removing guns from those in cities who legally are not allowed to have them...which will likely take a very brave politician to do.
elonmuskrockefeller

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:32 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:21 pm
Yawn.

2020 -- nope.
2016 -- nope.
2012 -- nope.
2008 -- nope.
2004 -- yes.
2000 -- nope.
1996 -- nope.
1992 -- nope.

Boycott Stupid.

In 2020, the difference in the national vote was 7,000,000.

California: 5,000,000 margin for Biden.

New York: 2,000,000 margin for Biden.

What's that add up to?
elonmuskrockefeller

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:48 pm

Two years of Hunter's laptop...to allay inflation. They don't and maybe can't govern.

As a conservative, I have no interest in Hunter's laptop. I want to cut government spending.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm I have no idea what you are talking about. I like broken windows policing and I also like well-trained police.
You're for broken window policing in some places, and for some parts of the law. That's not the same thing.

This is why some are against it.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm I am not in favor of assault vehicles being used by police.
You don't have to serve warrants in a country that's armed to the teeth...and outguns many PD's.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm I am in favor of removing guns from those in cities who legally are not allowed to have them...which will likely take a very brave politician to do.
You just explained why folks don't vote republican. The 1950's conservatives who said "of COURSE we need restrictions on gun sales, and for owners to demonstrate that they can use and store them safely".....they left the party and party leadership.
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:37 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm I have no idea what you are talking about. I like broken windows policing and I also like well-trained police.
You're for broken window policing in some places, and for some parts of the law. That's not the same thing.

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm I am not in favor of assault vehicles being used by police.
You don't have to serve warrants in a country that's armed to the teeth...and outguns many PD's.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm I am in favor of removing guns from those in cities who legally are not allowed to have them...which will likely take a very brave politician to do.
You just explained why folks don't vote republican. The 1950's conservatives who said "of COURSE we need restrictions on gun sales, and for owners to demonstrate that they can use and store them safely".....they left the party and party leadership.

Instead of you sticking words in other posters' mouths, how about you let me speak for myself?

I'd like a national emergency issued for urban gun control. Let's remove guns from those committing crimes, and from those who are not legally allowed to possess guns. We know where the dangers lie. Be brave and go after it. You will be crushed by MSNBC and such, but you are ultimately saving many lives.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:27 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:06 pm One of the great statespeople of our age. The photo if her standing, among all the seated suits, in the cabinet room with her finger pointing at the naughty boundary-free little boy pretending to be President will be an iconic image of her tenure.

... she was actually a real looker when she was younger. I was a volunteer intern for her brother as a teenager (shortly after her first marriage), when he first ran for mayor. She would show up at the office to help out sometimes. Great chesticles. ;)
Baltimore machine politicians, the entire D’Allesandro klan. Irv Kovens would be proud. Like how she calls herself a “Devout Catholic”. If that’s true I am an NBA point guard.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:41 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:37 pm

Instead of you sticking words in other posters' mouths, how about you let me speak for myself?
Sure Pete. Go ahead. Tell me I'm wrong, and that you don't want broken window policing in some places and not others, This should be good....
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm I'd like a national emergency issued for urban gun control.
:lol: Well that didn't last long, Pete. You just did PRECISELY what I said you believe.

You want to apply this emergency declaration in CITIES ONLY-----just as I claimed "in some places". :lol:

Suburban and rural gun owners? Oh, those people get a full pass, and don't have to follow the law, right Pete? Because no one dies at say, my Columbine HS from illegally obtained guns, right, Pete? So who cares about that? We don't want to inconvenience white suburbans who own illegal guns, am-I-right, Pete?

:lol: Seems I can speak to your views not just well, but perfectly.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

get it to x wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:15 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:27 pm

Baltimore machine politicians, the entire D’Allesandro klan. Irv Kovens would be proud. Like how she calls herself a “Devout Catholic”. If that’s true I am an NBA point guard.
You are not an NBA point guard and she is a Catholic and a good one. St Leo’s Parish in Baltimore’s Little Italy. I knew her dad and brother, have met her on occasion, and St Leo’s and the pols. Stick to your knitting
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about. I like broken windows policing and I also like well-trained police. I am not in favor of assault vehicles being used by police. I am in favor of removing guns from those in cities who legally are not allowed to have them...which will likely take a very brave politician to do.
Everyone with 2 brain cells left wants to stop the never ending flow of illegal weapons into the hands of dangerous violent criminals be they on parole or probation. Unfortunately in the mindset of many FLP gurus common sense gun laws only apply to law abiding citizens. The fact a bad guy can get out of jail today and have an illegal weapon in his hot little hands the next day baffles the hell out of me. I do have to acknowledge a fresh approach they are taking where I live.
If you get caught with an ILLEGAL WEAPON by law enforcement and they can prove it was smuggled in from out of state it becomes a FEDERAL CRIME, that means they hand your goat smelling ass over to the feds and let your attorney defend you on federal charges in a federal court. You want bail??? Too damn bad unless you have really deep pockets flush with cash. Is that too harsh for most of you??
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”