Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by RedFromMI »

WaPo with a giant list of studies that show systemic racism in the justice system:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ce-system/

Huge number of studies, all with links to a bigger report on each.

Just the major section list is long:
Policing and profiling
Misdemeanors, petty crimes and driver’s license suspensions
The drug war
Juries and jury selection
The death penalty
Prosecutors, discretion and plea bargaining
Judges and sentencing
School suspensions and the school-to-prison pipeline
Prison, incarceration and solitary confinement
Bail, pretrial detention, commutations and pardons, gangs and other issues
The dissent — contrarian studies on race and the criminal-justice system
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:57 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:47 pm LOL, giving up is a pretty good way to honor that flag.

NASCAR truck racer Ray Ciccarelli says he's quitting after Confederate flag ban.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ra ... s-n1229926

Happy to take a bet here with anyone: within 10 years, flying the confederate flag will be a crime either federally or in at least 5 states.
Nazi too, PB?

I don't think we'll swing that hard, but you could be right.
A lot of countries do ban abhorrent symbols.

Oh for sure we will swing that hard (at least 50% of us will); many Americans are weak and can't resist the temptation to virtue signal. This is the easiest crime bill ever.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:48 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:41 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/g ... d=msedgdhp

Even Gone With the Wind is now gone with the wind. Frankly... I don't give a damn. :D

Back in the good old days before all the rabble rousing! Those characters were great!!

MAGA
Wonder if anyone has asked Miss Melanie, who is about to turn 104!, about this latest brouhaha.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Happy to take a bet here with anyone: within 10 years, flying the confederate flag will be a crime either federally or in at least 5 states.
How much do you have Peter Brown? I will take that bet for unlimited dollars and give you odds on top.

As our friend Ruth Langmore from Ozark tells us -- "you don't know shirt about fork." As any non-troll knows, swastikas may be restricted in Germany but are perfectly legal in the USA. And always will be.

I guess in your haste to stroke your weird fetish for the Second Amendment, you've obviously never bothered to pause and read the First. "Congress shall make no law..."

One condition for our bet. You have to put the money into escrow. Because a bull shirting gaslighter like you can't be trusted. Your words are meaningless and/or false. My guess is that, despite, your big talk, you are actually pretty poor.

Peter Brown -- all hat; no cattle. Put up or shut up. Then go away and don't come back.

How's the wifi under the bridge today?
Last edited by ggait on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:47 pm LOL, giving up is a pretty good way to honor that flag.

NASCAR truck racer Ray Ciccarelli says he's quitting after Confederate flag ban.

Nazi too, PB?

It's not going to happen. The same reason a legislature cannot stop a citizen from burning our flag is the reason the flag cannot be prohibited by the state. It is a content-based distinction, and would trigger strict scrutiny in the Courts, requiring government to demosrate with evidence a compelling state interest in the prohibition. Just not seeing that in a country still guided by the First Amendment, and the caselaw since Reed v. Town of Gilbert. If a state tried to outlaw the flag, I'd take the case for someone who wanted to fly it. I'd be troubled by the flag, but much more troubled by the governmental prohibition.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I posted this before but it never gets old:

I was a mass media communications minor in college. I took a Minority In The Mass Media historical course and it was excellent. Media and the Government and Public Relations were also very good. I learned a lot.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ggait wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:22 pm
How much do you have Peter Brown? I will take that bet for unlimited dollars and give you odds on top.

As our friend Ruth Langmore from Ozark tells us -- "you don't know shirt about fork." As any non-troll knows, swastikas may be restricted in Germany but are perfectly legal in the USA. And always will be.

I guess in your haste to stroke your weird fetish for the Second Amendment, you've obviously never bothered to pause and read the First. "Congress shall make no law..."

One condition for our bet. You have to put the money into escrow. Because a bull shirting gaslighter like you can't be trusted. Your words are meaningless and/or false. My guess is that, despite, your big talk, you are actually pretty poor.

Peter Brown -- all hat; no cattle. Put up or shut up. Then go away and don't come back.

I laughed out loud at the "wifi under the bridge" crack. Genius.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I love your invocation of Ruth; "forking bi!@h wolf"!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 pm

Ruth is our hero.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I’m jealous of all the people that haven’t met you. :lol:

In any event, I don't generally wager with stalkers but my mom told me to take pity on the mentally infirm. It's a hundo. I'll take your word that you're good for it. See you in 10 years, here.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm

Nazi too, PB?

It's not going to happen. The same reason a legislature cannot stop a citizen from burning our flag is the reason the flag cannot be prohibited by the state. It is a content-based distinction, and would trigger strict scrutiny in the Courts, requiring government to demosrate with evidence a compelling state interest in the prohibition. Just not seeing that in a country still guided by the First Amendment, and the caselaw since Reed v. Town of Gilbert. If a state tried to outlaw the flag, I'd take the case for someone who wanted to fly it. I'd be troubled by the flag, but much more troubled by the governmental prohibition.
I quite agree.
Good bet to take, though ggait is correct that you'd want it in escrow.

That said, I'm not so sure the right wingers truly understand the damage that's possible when all the norms necessary to prevent authoritarianism are breached, how that pendulum swing can go real hard the other way when you push it out to an extreme.

They love to tell us that they're just pushing back against "political correctness" when they applaud Trump's dog whistles, that they just want a "disruptor" to "shake things up", that it's just peachy keen to hate the government and the free press, and that a "strong man" in the Oval Office who delivers on the promise of extreme judges regardless of qualifications, who wants to call out the active military to put down protestors as "insurrectionists", who ignores ALL Congressional subpoenas and oversight, who claims that concerns about a foreign power's interference in our democratic processes is actually a "coup" to take down said strong man, who labels those who oppose him as "traitors" and "Enemies of the State"...it's all super cool...

But ohh my, those lefties might push hard the other way...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:41 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/g ... d=msedgdhp

Even Gone With the Wind is now gone with the wind. Frankly... I don't give a damn. :D

Back in the good old days before all the rabble rousing! Those characters were great!!

MAGA
Wonder if anyone has asked Miss Melanie, who is about to turn 104!, about this latest brouhaha.
Frankly kind sir... I don't give a damn.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:18 pm

MAGA
I would rather watch Gone With the Wind 1000 times before I would ever watch that POS of a movie American Beauty ever again. There were never enough Rose petals to cover up that turd of a movie.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Thanks.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Every woman in that series was a total badass. Name one that you wouldn't sleep with with one eye open!! (And no pervs, don't say Charlotte). I am sure I will have a "Darlene" nightmare one of these days.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Every woman in that series was a total badass. Name one that you wouldn't sleep with with one eye open!! (And no pervs, don't say Charlotte). I am sure I will have a "Darlene" nightmare one of these days.
some would need two eyes open!! :D
tech37

Post by tech37 »

get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:20 pm How many times do I get to write "You can't make this stuff up"? Apparently the occupants in the "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone" are out of food because they invited the homeless in and the homeless took all of their food. Now they need oats and other vegan foods. Their leadership skills are shining through!

FTA:

One of the Antifa organizers in Seattle, an 18-year-old lesbian anarchist who wants to “abolish whiteness, capitalism, and civilization,” begged for vegan meats and soy after the homeless people they invited in took all the food.

“The homeless people we invited took away all the food at the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone.”

“We need more food to keep the area operational. Please if possible bring vegan meat substitutes, fruits, oats, soy products, etc. – anything to help us eat.”

LINK:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... take-food/

I'm inclined to send them one of those 10 lb packs of bacon from Sam's Club.

I'm sure this experiment will be over by the end of the month.

Do they now understand the consequences of wealth redistribution?
Time to cut off power, water, and soy of course, to that section of Seattle.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

so it IS about color. or at least that's what the demands say.

de-gentrification is an interesting demand...
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:00 pm I would rather watch Gone With the Wind 1000 times before I would ever watch that POS of a movie American Beauty ever again. There were never enough Rose petals to cover up that turd of a movie.
I certainly agree with you about Gone With The Wind over American Beauty, but why did you pick that film to compare GWTW to?

Watching all of those clips of Hattie McDaniel in a row, you can certainly see why she won the Oscar.

Wonder how many takes they had to do of the corset scene with Vivian Leigh? :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”