Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LandM

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by LandM »

Not a MAGA guy so you all can stop there

Button Gwinnett - Gwinnett County Ga. Signed Declaration of Independence - great uncle
Edward McIntosh - owned most of South GA - kia with Gwinett in a duel - great uncle
Edward Rutledge - South Carolina - youngest signer of the Declaration of Independence - great uncle
Want me to keep going? You have nothing but a bunch of hot hot air dude
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
There are also books written about my family - let me know if you want one - be happy to send you one.
BTW - talk about the rules - as a coach as you claim - how do you correct a player that does not follow the rules?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:05 am Not a MAGA guy so you all can stop there

Button Gwinnett - Gwinnett County Ga. Signed Declaration of Independence - great uncle
Edward McIntosh - owned most of South GA - kia with Gwinett in a duel - great uncle
Edward Rutledge - South Carolina - youngest signer of the Declaration of Independence - great uncle
So that makes you MORE American?? :lol:
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
Last post - had I torched an Iraqi village - like my ancestors got torched - I would still be in a prison cell - stop the holier then though . We live in an imperfect world world and finger pointing and laughing it off is not going to change it.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Forever,
NOPE and your stupid response shows your true colors - I was asked and I responded - go put some some boots on and then tell me how you like it. I am as an American as anyone who goes through the process - get it????????????

You and others cynicism is unbelievable. There is an election, vote.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:15 am Forever,
NOPE and your stupid response shows your true colors - I was asked and I responded - go put some some boots on and then tell me how you like it. I am as an American as anyone who goes through the process - get it????????????

You and others cynicism is unbelievable. There is an election, vote.
True Colors? What color is a cynic?

Boots? Cowboy, Timberland, Wading, Hiking....love my boots.

Process? I was born in America, so there was no process for me.

Vote? I vote.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:08 am TLD,
There are also books written about my family - let me know if you want one - be happy to send you one.
BTW - talk about the rules - as a coach as you claim - how do you correct a player that does not follow the rules?
PM me.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:05 am Not a MAGA guy so you all can stop there

You believe there is nobody that posts here with Native American ancestry? Not questioning how long your people have been here. It was the presumption that your folks have been here longer than anyone that posts here....that’s all.
“I wish you would!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
NOPE....one of my best friends is Native - Apache res - graduated from the Academy with him and served with him - he laughs at people like you - there is NO woooo is me in him - he thinks you white guys are funny. Let me know if you would like to speak with him - btw he retired as an 0-6 could have been elevated but did not want to head back to Afghanistan - you know the white man's war :D

Forever, start with six weeks of black boots and make sure they are spit polished every day then you get boots that blend into the terrain. No comfort boots as you described. Then let me know.

I am an American so our my buddies, black, white, Native, Indian, - Catholic, Jewish, Baptist, atheist, I probably forgot a few but we are ALL fellow Americans. So please do not pine me into a box
Thank you
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:10 am TLD,
NOPE....one of my best friends is Native - Apache res - graduated from the Academy with him and served with him - he laughs at people like you - there is NO woooo is me in him - he thinks you white guys are funny. Let me know if you would like to speak with him - btw he retired as an 0-6 could have been elevated but did not want to head back to Afghanistan - you know the white man's war :D

Forever, start with six weeks of black boots and make sure they are spit polished every day then you get boots that blend into the terrain. No comfort boots as you described. Then let me know.

I am an American so our my buddies, black, white, Native, Indian, - Catholic, Jewish, Baptist, atheist, I probably forgot a few but we are ALL fellow Americans. So please do not pine me into a box
Thank you
I don't understand the point. I was just questioning your presumption that your family has been here longer than anyone else's that post here. That's all. You had mentioned some time ago your lineage but not to the degree you just laid out. Thanks. BTW, there is no "woe is me" in a lot of people. I definitely don't pray at the pity alter.... that is for sure..... Mentioning a fact should not be construed as a woe is me..... It is just stating a fact.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

LandM, interesting family history. Like you I can trace back my family's history to the first individual to step on the shores in the late 1600s. Like you at one time my family owned large tracks of land (much of the land between the Mattaponi Creek and Hanover Court House east of what is US 1 today in Virginia). Son of the south, one of Patrick Henry's daughters married into the family, the Bruce's of Scotland as well. Books written (long before the late 20th century genealogy craze) about the family, towns named after, public monuments, etc., etc. General's and cavalrymen served in the Army of Northern Virginia, buried in cemeteries in Richmond. Lost land and fortunes. Grew up white working class. That was then, this is now.

These individuals at our Southern border are looking for the same thing my people were, the same thing your people were. In my case we were French Huguenots looking to not be persecuted (and killed) by Europeans.

We have plenty of room in this country for people who are willing to work for it. The truth is we need some new blood. We have too many people who believe they are entitled.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
LandM

Post by LandM »

Completely agree with the entitlement - I will take the hard scrapper over the Harvard MBA any day and twice on Sunday. I only cared about work ethic. There is an elite that feels entitled - personally chewing tobacco and drinking a beer is just fine with me. We park our home on wheels in Belllfonte about 10 minutes from PSU stadium - show up Friday and sit by the campfire with our hosts - would not trade it for the world.

We were French Hugonauts (spelling) as well. The French never speak about that - bad juju - we Americans like to speak about any trail of tears we have had - I guess it makes us feel better. JOKE. My family cruised around Europe for a few years and settled in a new country, late 1600 hundreds - start fresh. Now this country thinks the policies of the old country are pretty cool - sad - there was a reason we left to get out of that bad juju. Time to STOP apologizing IMHO and move on- wanta cry go find a babysitter.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I don't think the entitlement extends only to the elites. There is plenty of it in the working class as well in my experience.

Interesting that you are also a Huguenot.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:10 am

I am an American so our my buddies, black, white, Native, Indian, - Catholic, Jewish, Baptist, atheist, I probably forgot a few but we are ALL fellow Americans.
I have great respect for those who serve or have served. For some reason, those who don't serve, don't measure up in your world.

So no non-American/Muslims friends on your XMAS list....isn't all that surprising. :roll:
LandM

Post by LandM »

So you would be sorely mistaken I could give a rats if you ever put a uniform or boots on. Peace Corp or inter city youth is fine with me. What is so hard for you to understand about giving back. Swing and a miss😄

I will be in Dallas next Wed attending Mosque prayers with my good friend Shamin on Friday. Want to join us? Swing and a miss dude.

You must play for the Astros - swinging and missing. You must be a good air conditioner
LandM

Post by LandM »

Btw forever
What do they teach you at Hopkins? You all excluding Wombat bit$h allot. And no we may not be as smart as you well educated folks but street smarts work better :shock:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 am I have stayed away from this side of the board for many reasons mostly for political reasons. As a combat veteran, the Marine violated the rules.
On one side of my family, we have been here longer then anyone posting families have been here and I am embarrassed that Sherman broke all rules of engagement and took my property by torching it. Are you going to take his statutes down? My family wants our legally owned property back. So PC people - when can I expect it back?

On the other side they went through the LEGAL process of becoming a US citizen. Went through the Island, did the paperwork and settled per US Law.

I have broken allot of china in my day - I have owned up and taken my fair share of responsibility. Get over it already. Follow the rules already and if you do not know them find someone who can help you....not complicated

Nope, not true. But hey, maybe your ancestors came on the Mayflower. That would beat one line of my family by a few heartbeats, but only a bit. (Most lines came later.) Same for one line of my wife's family; we don't think they arrived on the first ships, but within 20 years later for sure.

And TLD is right, unless you are claiming Native blood, you really shouldn't be making such a claim about your fellow posters.

As if it matters anyway!!!

Interesting argument about your family property.
Did your ancestors join the South's rebellion, support the Confederacy?
Or did they stay loyal to the Union?

If the latter, your family would have a viable complaint. Otherwise, good luck.

BTW, I've got a lot of those slave-holding skeletons in my southern closet as well.
Even an ancestor who was a top cat in the KKK.
Not something we brag about in the family.

That said, Sherman's March was ghastly brutal.
I'm cool with moving his statues indoors to a museum too.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:53 pm 72,
Completely agree with the entitlement - I will take the hard scrapper over the Harvard MBA any day and twice on Sunday. I only cared about work ethic. There is an elite that feels entitled - personally chewing tobacco and drinking a beer is just fine with me. We park our home on wheels in Belllfonte about 10 minutes from PSU stadium - show up Friday and sit by the campfire with our hosts - would not trade it for the world.

We were French Hugonauts (spelling) as well. The French never speak about that - bad juju - we Americans like to speak about any trail of tears we have had - I guess it makes us feel better. JOKE. My family cruised around Europe for a few years and settled in a new country, late 1600 hundreds - start fresh. Now this country thinks the policies of the old country are pretty cool - sad - there was a reason we left to get out of that bad juju. Time to STOP apologizing IMHO and move on- wanta cry go find a babysitter.
LandM,

My wife is a Harvard MBA. I make fun of Harvard MBA's regularly, though with an appropriate wink.
But let me pierce your anti-elitist bias just a bit. Her dad was a commercial fisherman, didn't finish HS, went into Navy in WWII as a 16 yr old. Her mom a school nurse, first in her family to go to college. No one on her dad's side, all fishermen back to the earliest days on arrival from Ireland.

Not truly "poor", but very hard working, self-insured because that profession couldn't get insurance...no money for the kids, she made her own clothes. Valedictorian, athlete, Junior Miss of MA, put herself through Dartmouth with work-study and scholarships/debt, then HBS the same way. Never took a dime from her family, nor did either of her two siblings.

So, let me assure you that "hard scrapper" and Harvard MBA are not mutually exclusive.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump cuts legal immigration by up to 65%. No real surprise, this has been the goal the whole time, hiding behind the illegal immigration ear wash.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

I hadn't looked in on this thread in a while. Can I join the "I'm awesome" party?

I'm a member of the Jamestown Society. I have family that came over on the Mayflower. I go to a church that was founded in the first decade of the 17th century. Shakespeare has written about another branch of my family. I'm descended from Scottish nobility. I also have family who came over in the early 1900's escaping Russian Imperialism!

All that and $5 will get me a medium coffee at Starbucks.

Return to “POLITICS”