All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:38 am FBI Director Christopher Wray yesterday warned of “very active efforts” by Russia to interfere in the presidential election and undermine Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s campaign, testifying before the House Homeland Security Committee as part of its worldwide threats hearing. The bureau chief said Russia have been using social media, “proxies, state media, online journals” and other avenues to affect Biden’s campaign. Wray also expressed a particular concern of a “steady drumbeat of misinformation” by Russia that would undermine confidence in the result of the election.

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurit ... -undermine

It's so 'weird' that the author didn't mention that the author also detailed concerns about Chinese and Iranian efforts to interfere in the election, with both countries focused on undermining Trump. Or that CU88 doesn't care about that.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:55 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:38 am FBI Director Christopher Wray yesterday warned of “very active efforts” by Russia to interfere in the presidential election and undermine Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s campaign, testifying before the House Homeland Security Committee as part of its worldwide threats hearing. The bureau chief said Russia have been using social media, “proxies, state media, online journals” and other avenues to affect Biden’s campaign. Wray also expressed a particular concern of a “steady drumbeat of misinformation” by Russia that would undermine confidence in the result of the election.

It's so 'weird' that the author didn't mention that the author also detailed concerns about Chinese and Iranian efforts to interfere in the election, with both countries focused on undermining Trump. Or that CU88 doesn't care about that.
Maybe because the level of interference is completely different, and OD was all in favor of what Russia did to help him in the 2016 election.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:10 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:55 am

Maybe because the level of interference is completely different, and OD was all in favor of what Russia did to help him in the 2016 election.

Shout it out to us when Biden goes bananas on the Chinese or Iranians for helping him.

He once even joked about the Chinese helping him:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/05/joe-biden ... president/

Aren't you outraged!!!! :lol:

(by the way, none of us are outraged, because until anyone figures out how to hack actual voting machines, not one sane human being thinks a nasty meme will tilt an election...unless you are a Democrat, which by default precludes you from being sane)
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:13 am (by the way, none of us are outraged, because until anyone figures out how to hack actual voting machines, not one sane human being thinks a nasty meme will tilt an election
Riiiiight.

The millisecond....nanosecond...... the Republicans lose the White House, or loses the Senate?

Your team won't shut up about foreign influence. It's be 27/7 of "the Dems are cheating..the Russians and Chinese are helping them! Why won't they do anything to combat this corruption!!!".

Tick tock, Pete. And of course, you'll have excuses at the ready as to how "this foreign interference is different".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:53 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:13 am (by the way, none of us are outraged, because until anyone figures out how to hack actual voting machines, not one sane human being thinks a nasty meme will tilt an election
Riiiiight.

The millisecond....nanosecond...... the Republicans lose the White House, or loses the Senate?

Your team won't shut up about foreign influence. It's be 27/7 of "the Dems are cheating..the Russians and Chinese are helping them! Why won't they do anything to combat this corruption!!!".

Tick tock, Pete. And of course, you'll have excuses at the ready as to how "this foreign interference is different".

You think I think a few tough memes are anything to moan about? :lol:

You don’t know me.

Now if counties like Miami Dade are allowed to post post dated ballots weeks after the voting date, that’s an actionable act of fraud, which historically Dems have had no shame trying. But that isn’t the Chinese, that’s just home grown Dems doing their as-usual business
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:57 am You think I think a few tough memes are anything to moan about? :lol:
I don't just thing....I know... that any win for a Democrat will cause you to complain that it's not fair, and "obviously" they cheated, and out will come the complaints. You're already making ridiculous claims in a State that is ENTIRELY controlled by Republicans, and has been for decades.

The Republicans are in charge of everything-----soup to nuts-----to do with elections in your State. Yet you're still whining, and shouting at the sky about the Dems.

It's hilarious. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:53 am
Riiiiight.

Its not illegal!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:03 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:57 am You think I think a few tough memes are anything to moan about? :lol:
I don't just thing....I know... that any win for a Democrat will cause you to complain that it's not fair, and "obviously" they cheated, and out will come the complaints. You're already making ridiculous claims in a State that is ENTIRELY controlled by Republicans, and has been for decades.

The Republicans are in charge of everything-----soup to nuts-----to do with elections in your State. Yet you're still whining, and shouting at the sky about the Dems.

It's hilarious. :lol:

‘The state’ can’t dictate to federal courts what contested federal ballots to allow or disallow. :roll:

The courts will decide what level of Democratic fraud to accept.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:23 pm ‘The state’ can’t dictate to federal courts what contested federal ballots to allow or disallow. :roll:
That's not an issue when your Sec of State has their act together, and runs a solid, traceable, secure election.

Hanging Chads, Pete. Your State, as always, is an election *hit show. You have no one to blame for a shoddy, mismanaged election than your Sec of State. That's what you pay them to do.

And we both know which party your Sec of State is in.

I don't even have to ask if your elections are a mess, Pete. They always are. And because they are? Yep, the Feds have to fix your problems.

And because of your silly, childish "the Dems are bad" game, you and your fellow Republicans don't hold your party to account to provide a simple, secure election. And 2020 will be no different. Florida is butt of America's jokes for a reason, Pete. Pull it together, and stop blaming everyone, whining, and and taking zero accountability for your State's affairs. It makes you look like a helpless snowflake that can't count to ten, let alone run an election in (snicker) 2020. My junior high school did a better job of running an election than the State of Florida does.

:lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:23 pm ‘The state’ can’t dictate to federal courts what contested federal ballots to allow or disallow. :roll:
That's not an issue when your Sec of State has their act together, and runs a solid, traceable, secure election.

Hanging Chads, Pete. Your State, as always, is an election *hit show. You have no one to blame for a shoddy, mismanaged election than your Sec of State. That's what you pay them to do.

And we both know which party your Sec of State is in.

I don't even have to ask if your elections are a mess, Pete. They always are. And because they are? Yep, the Feds have to fix your problems.

And because of your silly, childish "the Dems are bad" game, you and your fellow Republicans don't hold your party to account to provide a simple, secure election. And 2020 will be no different. Florida is butt of America's jokes for a reason, Pete. Pull it together, and stop blaming everyone, whining, and and taking zero accountability for your State's affairs. It makes you look like a helpless snowflake that can't count to ten, let alone run an election in (snicker) 2020. My junior high school did a better job of running an election than the State of Florida does.

:lol:

If Desantis attempts to gain control of the ballot *hitshows of Miami Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach, have you heard the newest Democratic accusation of ‘racism’?! It’s a relatively new phenomenon calling those sane taxpayers who demand accountability ‘racists’, but for some reason ( :roll: ) it plays well with national media. :lol:

So let me summarize a fan: elections in the three Democrat counties of Florida are a *hitshow because a Republican is Governor, but if that same Republican governor attempts to correct the local Democratic *hitshow, he’s (obviously!) a "racist"!!! It's the DocB method of debate. Got it!!!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:55 pm So let me summarize a fan: elections in the three Democrat counties of Florida are a *hitshow because a Republican is Governor, but if that same Republican governor attempts to correct the local Democratic *hitshow, he’s (obviously!) a "racist"!!! It's the DocB method of debate. Got it!!!
You really have to stop doing this. Where did I say anything about racism?

Desantis isn't responsible for elections in Florida, Pete. Laurel Lee is. They set the rules and laws that the counties have to follow. The ONLY reason I know this is that a customer in our Ann Arbor days handled elections in the county Ann Arbor is in....and FLA's hanging chads were a national discussion point. He explained your system to me over beers. It's pretty much the same system in every State, with little differences here and there.

So yep, you can, as you do with all things, whine "Dems are bad", stomp your feet, hold your breath......ANYTHING you can think of to actually hold the people responsible for holding safe, secure elections in your State.

And of course, if your Sec of State had a little D by her name? You'd be on here, telling us how THAT is the problem.

So enjoy your lousy, insecure elections, Pete. You're not alone in your unwillingness to notice that an official with a little R by her name is doing a lousy job. And you'll be right back here, whining about Florida elections in 2024......

Have a great weekend! ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:21 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:55 pm So let me summarize a fan: elections in the three Democrat counties of Florida are a *hitshow because a Republican is Governor, but if that same Republican governor attempts to correct the local Democratic *hitshow, he’s (obviously!) a "racist"!!! It's the DocB method of debate. Got it!!!
You really have to stop doing this. Where did I say anything about racism?

Desantis isn't responsible for elections in Florida, Pete. Laurel Lee is. They set the rules and laws that the counties have to follow. The ONLY reason I know this is that a customer in our Ann Arbor days handled elections in the county Ann Arbor is in....and FLA's hanging chads were a national discussion point. He explained your system to me over beers. It's pretty much the same system in every State, with little differences here and there.

So yep, you can, as you do with all things, whine "Dems are bad", stomp your feet, hold your breath......ANYTHING you can think of to actually hold the people responsible for holding safe, secure elections in your State.

And of course, if your Sec of State had a little D by her name? You'd be on here, telling us how THAT is the problem.

So enjoy your lousy, insecure elections, Pete. You're not alone in your unwillingness to notice that an official with a little R by her name is doing a lousy job. And you'll be right back here, whining about Florida elections in 2024......

Have a great weekend! ;)

Not you per se, but the party you defend constantly. And trust me, if Laurel or anyone attempted to interfere with the Miami Dade ballot shenanigans, the very first thing screamed at them by Dems is 'RACIST!!!!!' It is like clockwork.

The other like clockwork scene soon to happen is Democrat lawyers will jump on private jets with engines spooling to the first state which is even mildly close, in order to beseech local election officials then judges (who always seem sympathetic to the lack of any deadline for a vote cast...hmmmm) to allow votes cast weeks after an election to be counted. This happens with so much frequency now, I call it 'the Democratic deadline', in that there is none.

When will you admit your party is chock full of lunatics willing to do anything to win elections? Most Fanlax dems here would have no problem committing voting fraud; you think inner city preachers and politicos have any problem handing out $20's to get others to vote 'early and often'?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

I will admit that the current Republican party will do whatever it takes to:

1. Suppress the legitimate Democratic vote.
2. Call into question the integrity of the election, even when the biggest problem is them.
3. Prepare for a war after Election Day to prevent counting of legitimate votes (due to the large number of mailed/absentee ballots) to keep Biden from a victory.

I will be voting the moment South Carolina opens absentee balloting (well maybe a day or two later seeing how VA lines are today), as this year my state is allowing an absentee ballot without any particular excuse for any age voter.

I can go to the county election office, and submit my ballot into the electronic system in one visit, and my vote will count.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 pm Not you per se, but the party you defend constantly.
Where did I say one word in defense of the Dems? I'm telling you who is responsible for the rules and laws and procedures surrounding elections in your State in 2020, Pete. And instead of doing things like finding a new Sec of State that runs elections more securely? You whine about people who have NOTHING to do with your rules and laws surrounding elections.

You're all like this. Partisans. If someone shot and murdered your family, you wouldn't care so long as the shooter was a registered Republican. "A Dem would have murdered them "worse"", right? :lol:

It's nuts. You DESERVE this reality you seem to hate so much. Because you're 1000% unaware that for every Pete Brown giving "his team" a pass for anything and everything....there's a Pete Brown doing the same thing with "his team".

Meanwhile, the politicians with the little D's and R's by their name, laugh at you, and do whatever they wish because none of their own voters holds them accountable. For anything. At all.

But you don't care about bad governance, so long as those leaders have little R's by their name. It's insane. Be better, Pete. ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:43 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 pm Not you per se, but the party you defend constantly.
Where did I say one word in defense of the Dems? I'm telling you who is responsible for the rules and laws and procedures surrounding elections in your State in 2020, Pete. And instead of doing things like finding a new Sec of State that runs elections more securely? You whine about people who have NOTHING to do with your rules and laws surrounding elections.

You're all like this. Partisans. If someone shot and murdered your family, you wouldn't care so long as the shooter was a registered Republican. "A Dem would have murdered them "worse"", right? :lol:

It's nuts. You DESERVE this reality you seem to hate so much. Because you're 1000% unaware that for every Pete Brown giving "his team" a pass for anything and everything....there's a Pete Brown doing the same thing with "his team".

Meanwhile, the politicians with the little D's and R's by their name, laugh at you, and do whatever they wish because none of their own voters holds them accountable. For anything. At all.

But you don't care about bad governance, so long as those leaders have little R's by their name. It's insane. Be better, Pete. ;)

You always say this so I will keep reminding you that George W Bush was the single worst President ever in the history of the United States (worse than Carter). And if my memory isn't completely shot, I believe he was and is a Republican? Correct me if I am wrong.

And not for nothing because I don't like piling on, Barack Obama was a very good President. I believe he was and is a Democrat?

What's it like not being able to pin labels on someone you desperately wish to pin labels on? Like hammering jello?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 pm You always say this so I will keep reminding you that George W Bush was the single worst President ever in the history of the United States (worse than Carter). And if my memory isn't completely shot, I believe he was and is a Republican? Correct me if I am wrong.
Great. What the firetruck does this have to do with poorly managed election in Florida in 2020? Keep your eye on the ball.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 pm And not for nothing because I don't like piling on, Barack Obama was a very good President. I believe he was and is a Democrat?
Yeah, again, I don't care. He's been out of power for for 3+ years, Pete. And he has nothing to do with your current complaints about shoddy election management in Florida.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 pm What's it like not being able to pin labels on someone you desperately wish to pin labels on? Like hammering jello?
So the king of labelling people thinks that I'm labelling him? If you don't complain about who you perceive to be Dems at least once an hour, you melt like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Pete. Stay focused. You're complaining about the way the FLA Sec of State is managing elections. Obama or Bush can't help you fix them. Fund a campaign for a competent manager as FLA Sec of State. Problem solved.

Or, keep complaining about Dems. Your choice.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

let's also understand that Petey is a virtual newcomer to these threads, having only recently been just a troll on the Hopkins thread and a cheerleader (absurdly) on the Loyola thread, and, having joined into the political threads, has proven that he will say the most outrageous of falsehoods in furtherance of his 'cause', so we have nothing at all to assure us that he was indeed enthusiastic about Obama during his tenure, in real time, or that he was harsh critic of W, in real time.

Many of us have been participating for over a decade, so the record is far more clear.

This is the problem with losing credibility, it's really, really hard to regain it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:14 pm let's also understand that Petey is a virtual newcomer to these threads, having only recently been just a troll on the Hopkins thread and a cheerleader (absurdly) on the Loyola thread, and, having joined into the political threads, has proven that he will say the most outrageous of falsehoods in furtherance of his 'cause', so we have nothing at all to assure us that he was indeed enthusiastic about Obama during his tenure, in real time, or that he was harsh critic of W, in real time.

Many of us have been participating for over a decade, so the record is far more clear.

This is the problem with losing credibility, it's really, really hard to regain it.

Well then how about today?

I think Trump isn't a great guy. I love his judicial picks (they have been almost uniformly great). There are a ton of his policy decisions that I don’t like, particularly trade.

Conversely, I think Joe Biden is a decent man. I hate his judicial picks (what will be his picks; they will be uniformly awful). There are a ton of his policy decisions that I do like, particularly trade.

Still trying to nail jello to that tree?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:14 pm let's also understand that Petey is a virtual newcomer to these threads, having only recently been just a troll on the Hopkins thread and a cheerleader (absurdly) on the Loyola thread, and, having joined into the political threads, has proven that he will say the most outrageous of falsehoods in furtherance of his 'cause', so we have nothing at all to assure us that he was indeed enthusiastic about Obama during his tenure, in real time, or that he was harsh critic of W, in real time.

I think Trump isn't a great guy. I love his judicial picks (they have been almost uniformly great). There are a ton of his policy decisions that I don’t like, particularly trade.

Conversely, I think Joe Biden is a decent man. I hate his judicial picks (what will be his picks; they will be uniformly awful). There are a ton of his policy decisions that I do like, particularly trade.

nope, we just don't buy the temporary act.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:38 pm

nope, we just don't buy the temporary act.

:roll:

Anyway, tonight changed everything. I said before if Amy Barrett gets on SCOTUS, I’m fine.

Return to “POLITICS”