THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Didn’t see much substitution until 3 minutes left. Oh well.

I didn’t see any carrion on the field at least.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:39 pm Well, that’s a pretty suffocating 30 minutes.

Now distribute some playing time in the 4th. Get some new looks and runs.
That didn't happen. Has to be demoralizing to the bench.
Last edited by flalax22 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:08 pm
jhu06 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:27 pm It's nice to feel like HOPKINS LACROSSE again.
I'd hold off on the coronation. Michigan is having a very tough year. They have no faceoff game and are extremely undisciplined.

That said, yes, the 2nd and 3rd quarters were good. Something to build on. Moving on now.
They play well, we're going to congratulate them and enjoy their success. I'm a Hopkins lacrosse fan, not someone here just to mercilessly bury our guys.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Well done. Career day for Forry. Colwell’s 65 yd. goal was the highlight for me. D played great once they got their sticks up in the passing lanes. Darby was outstanding in the 3rd qtr. Excellent unselfish play on offense. EMO D blanked Michigan 0-7. Prouty dominated the X after some early TOs. Five point game for Epstein.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

A win is a win but that was ugly lacrosse. I guess I will be that guy that does the "burying"

Do you really think Maryland, PSU or OSU make those mistakes or commit those fouls? That win was totally aided by EMOs. Forry had a nice game but who else played well on O?

Cole Williams is an absolute disaster. That kid needs to see a sports psychologist. The missing persons report is still out on Desimone. Baskin is irrelevant. Keough has his moments. With the exception of a late man up goal Concannon is invisible today. This team remains a train wreck. Beating a Michigan team with no fogo and a star on one knee doesn't change that.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

I don’t think you watched the game. Concannon had 2g, 2a. Marr had 2g, 2a. Epstein was outstanding. The D held Michigan without a goal for over 30 minutes.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:16 pm A win is a win but that was ugly lacrosse. I guess I will be that guy that does the "burying"

Do you really think Maryland, PSU or OSU make those mistakes or commit those fouls? That win was totally aided by EMOs. Forry had a nice game but who else played well on O?

Cole Williams is an absolute disaster. That kid needs to see a sports psychologist. The missing persons report is still out on Desimone. Baskin is irrelevant. Keough has his moments. With the exception of a late man up goal Concannon is invisible today. This team remains a train wreck. Beating a Michigan team with no fogo and a star on one knee doesn't change that.
Concannon was not invisible. Haven’t checked the box score but I’m pretty sure he had 4-5 pts. He had a nice game.

Williams is struggling but maybe lay off calling the kid a “disaster” and suggesting he needs to see a psychologist. It’s just a game.

I’m not going to harp on the Zinn thing anymore, I think everyone knows where I stand on that.

Rapine had a good game.

EMO and man-down both looked solid.

Rutgers is not going to give us that many penalties.

Jays needed it and got it. Have to do it again in a week.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:26 pm
flalax22 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:16 pm A win is a win but that was ugly lacrosse. I guess I will be that guy that does the "burying"

Williams is struggling but maybe lay off calling the kid a “disaster” and suggesting he needs to see a psychologist. It’s just a game.
Nice drop of the word "Sports". Convenient. He's struggling and there is nothing wrong with that suggestion. From all appearances it is decision making and struggling with finishing not an injury.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:26 pm Jays needed it and got it. Have to do it again in a week.
Yep. Next week is 99.9% -- almost without a doubt -- the season for Hopkins. Win, and it at least goes to the conference tournament. Loss, and I'll holla at y'all in the 2020 thread.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hoponboard wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:21 pm I don’t think you watched the game. Concannon had 2g, 2a. Marr had 2g, 2a. Epstein was outstanding. The D held Michigan without a goal for over 30 minutes.
I'm not who this was aimed at but consider who Hopkins was playing.
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
DMac

Post by DMac »

OCanada wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:07 am Well 16. I take your point. For years LaxFi would clean up in aisle 6. You still manage to distract from the more significant issues. This is marginal at best.

My freshman year I was told if I stuck it out fit four years I would probably get playing time as a senior, My regret is I declined . There is a debt owed to players who do. I don’t know the reason but because the coaching staff does and they are best positioned and qualified to make the decision I don’t see anything making the case it is an an error. You disagree but basedin what ? IL ranking of players? Your perception. I haven’t seen anything to change my mind within the context of the team. What do the players think? What are his reasons ? What would you say to counter them ? The team could always do worse. Inductive reasoning. Too much time on this already so I am done.
Drop the mic, OC, nicely done.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Eight were the fewest goals Wolverines have scored this season and they have played Yale and Notre Dame. Jays won GBs 34-16. Prouty had 13 of those, going 16-21 (76%) at the X. The older Narewski spelled him at the end. Jays played 29 guys. Twelve of the Jays’ goals were assisted. Hop had 10 CTs with Cole leading the team with two, along with 1g, 1a. Epstein had 0 TOs to go with his 3g, 2a.
Last edited by Hoponboard on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Defense stepped up after an absolutely miserable first quarter. Ten caused turnovers and Darby came up with some good saves. Excellent work on man-down defense, but Michigan bailed them out on occasion. Good transition offense.

I like the way the Blue Jays attacked the net. I’m afraid, however, that Cole Williams is becoming a liability. Turnovers and soft shots on net ... not good. Williams needs to carry the ball less.

Epstein had a terrific 5-point day. Would still like to see him initiate the offense more and act as the quarterback of the offense. No one else really can.

One down. Blue Jays need to win four more games to ensure themselves an NCAA tournament berth.

DocBarrister 8-)
Last edited by DocBarrister on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:40 pm
OCanada wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:07 am Well 16. I take your point. For years LaxFi would clean up in aisle 6. You still manage to distract from the more significant issues. This is marginal at best.

My freshman year I was told if I stuck it out fit four years I would probably get playing time as a senior, My regret is I declined . There is a debt owed to players who do. I don’t know the reason but because the coaching staff does and they are best positioned and qualified to make the decision I don’t see anything making the case it is an an error. You disagree but basedin what ? IL ranking of players? Your perception. I haven’t seen anything to change my mind within the context of the team. What do the players think? What are his reasons ? What would you say to counter them ? The team could always do worse. Inductive reasoning. Too much time on this already so I am done.
Drop the mic, OC, nicely done.
It took me a minute to figure out, but OC’s reference to LaxFi cleaning up Aisle 6 was to One L Hilary (another of LaxFi’s accounts) coming in and correcting OC’s spelling and grammatical issues.

LaxFi with his moderator account wasn’t in the business of coming in and deleting critical posts left and right, unless something was particularly egregious. All the real dirty work and heavy lifting was left to he who shall not be named.

Here I was thinking that OC was spending his retirement often posting drunk and without spellchecker, and that’s why there was a very noticeable worsening of his Canuckistani Syntax.

I still think he drinks though.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Watched the game on the Big 10 network.
I didn't realize that Quint taught a graduate course in mind numbing irrelevant babbling.
Clearly the two announcers today successfully completed the course requirements and were awarded PhDs in talking over each other for half the game while ignoring the action on the field. One of them was talking about Josie Wales...a real pair of fools.
Where do they find these jabberhounds ???
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Cole and Marr had one TO each. To have your starting attack with 6g, 5a, 5GB, 2 TOs and 2 CTs; I’ll take those stats any day. Starting midfield added 6g, 2a. 12g, 7a is a very productive starting lineup.
Last edited by Hoponboard on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hoponboard wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:55 pm Eight were the fewest goals Wolverines have scored this season and they have played Yale and Notre Dame.
Yale game was in Atlanta. I was at it. Yale could have won by (basically) as much as they wanted. 4th quarter was garbage time.
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

We're on to Rutgers at home. Any other '69ers going to homecoming?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:06 pm
Hoponboard wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:55 pm Eight were the fewest goals Wolverines have scored this season and they have played Yale and Notre Dame.
Yale game was in Atlanta. I was at it. Yale could have won by (basically) as much as they wanted. 4th quarter was garbage time.
4th quarter today was garbage time when Michigan scored three of their goals in front of their home crowd.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Drcthru wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:08 pm We're on to Rutgers at home. Any other '69ers going to homecoming?
Good heavens. Have a great time at Homecoming. Big year (50) for your class!

DocBarrister (hopin’ the organizers bring extra oxygen tanks) ;)
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”