2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: 2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:25 pm
CU88 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:58 pm
CU88 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:50 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:20 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:36 pm
I'm coming into this a little blind, having had a heck of a bike ride on a beautiful day with my son and wife....

I love The Warriors too! come out and play ...
My wife never saw the charm...
If I recall you did something similar last year...on the eastern shore. Have you ever done the Seagull Century?
No, but looks great! Have you?
I've done the Pan-Mass a couple of times for cancer, but that's it on long rides.

I'm not much of a road bike guy, my wife not at all...we do a bunch of trail riding as recreational exercise, would like to do more.

A favorite quick one 9for us) is to jump on the Northern railway trail somewhere like Monkton or a little north, then ride up to PA, have lunch or dinner, cold beer, (Seven Sports Bar and Grill, outside patio is a favorite) and ride back ...downhill. That one can be "metered" ;) to how much ride you want. Did that one yesterday, long lunch with our son talking about his career path choices, promotions he's been offered within his company that he can choose between, etc...beautiful weather and he wanted to talk, got a second pitcher of Yuengling Octoberfest. Glad it was downhill going back!

Another favorite is a little ride starting in Kent Narrows, Cross Island...short ride to park on the water, toodle around in there, then back for lunch and dinner. Out on the pier, watching the boats, live band, etc...or back under narrows on north side, outside watching boats, better meal, but not the music. But further to get to for us, need to avoid bridge traffic.

The trails on the Potomac out west are terrific too, but also a major time commitment to do.
Love doing the canal paths in Bucks County...B&B stay, expensive, but great food and easy, scenic riding.
Amish country was fun too.

Want to do more such while traveling abroad or around US, but haven't done much yet...and now we've been bitten by this golf bug...
Love the NRT!

I am a recent convert to the gravel bike, but breaking out my road wheels for my first Seagull Century next month. Living 8 miles from the C&O towpath makes for some amazing weekend rides. Saturday I rode down into DC to participate in the DC Bike Ride 20 miler, perfect way to experience some car free roads in DC. Anyone with a passing interest should ride the GAP+C&O between Pittsburgh and DC. Has anyone done the Erie Canal ride between Buffalo and Albany?

I have been training for Seagull on the W&OD in northern VA, what a great paved trail with places to stop for food and beers.
A bunch of our guys at our office ride the route from Pittsburg to DC, yearly. They do a ride called “Ride Allegheny - Operation Second a Chance”. Kicks off this coming Friday. I have not done it yet, was always coaching or busy with kids. Have done the century in southern MD a few times.....hills galore.

Hopefully the SeaGull century has a tailwind for you. The headwinds on the shore can make you feel like you are pulling a parachute.

Curious, did you just add larger tires to your road bike for gravel riding?
YA, I am still figuring this all out. I am historically a road biker, but since moving into a more urban area I am trying to get off the roads; plus my lower back no longer enjoys time spent on the drops. Currently I have multiple bikes, but this year added a "gravel" bike to my stable of MTB and road bikes(We all know that the wife is happier if we spend money and time on more toys). The new bike is more adaptable for tires of all wants and its frame is more than capable of enduring what my body should.

Serious props to your gang for their charity rides! I can deal with hills, dogs, rain, snow, cars; but a headwind on the return home sucks the life out of me. Is there a regular century event in So MD?
I would ride the Bay Country Century https://www.abrtcycling.com/events/bay-country-century/, haven’t seen it an a handful of years. Also did a 75miler sponsored by SMECOa few years ago.

I try and get in about 40+ miles a weekend. And ride rollers in the winter while catching up on movies....not much of a TV guy.
When are you going to do a tough mudder with me?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”