Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:13 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:47 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:45 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:27 pm Great friggen idea. https://roy.house.gov/media/press-relea ... error-list

Reps. Chip Roy and Mark Green Request Drug Cartels Be Added To Terror List
More from Chip Roy...

Why do these specific cartels qualify as a Foreign Terrorist Organizations? They:

- are a foreign organization.
- meet the definition of ‘terrorism’ and engage in terrorist activity as defined by (22 U.S.C. § 2656f(d)(2)) and (8 U.S.C. § 1182(a)(3)(B)) of the U.S. code.
I think we can all agree that the cartels are brutal organizations which use violence as a major part of their business model. And deserve the toughest of responses.

But should we really confuse crime organizations whose motivations are $ with ideologically motivated violence?
Are they really the same thing?

Why conflate the two? Can't we walk and chew gum?
The story continues.....Trump Plans Crackdown on Fentanyl Shipments from China, Others

The Trump administration is considering an executive order to crack down on shipments of fentanyl and counterfeit goods, according to people familiar with the matter, a move aimed in part at pressuring China to help the U.S. combat its opioid epidemic...

...Trump trade adviser Peter Navarro, who is leading the effort on the executive order, often refers to the sale of fentanyl as one of what he calls China’s “seven deadly sins.” People briefed on the order said it’s likely China would retaliate against the U.S. move.
Interesting...so, the drugs don't come over the border?

"The draft order would target foreign shippers routing deliveries through the U.S. Postal Service -- not the two-largest U.S. couriers United Parcel Service Inc. and FedEx Corp., according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. One person familiar with the proposal said that China is a focus for the action, though the presidential order is not limited to that nation."
Attacking it on both fronts in one swoop. Bottom line, fighting for safety of our nation.
I'm 100% in favor with battling this scourge. So, I'm loathe to be overly critical of any legit efforts to actually accomplish improvement.

But really?

You guys have been claiming the fentanyl is coming over the southern border. That's not the primary way. It comes by air.
It's going to continue to come, by whatever means, as long as there are enormous profits to be made.

Why is Trump not interested in what FedEx and UPS do, just USPS? I hate to say it, but this appears to be just a posturing move, a way to tell Fox viewers that he's "doing something" and at the same time accuse the Chinese of being bad folks, the 'enemy'.

Our problem with opioids is of our making, and there's some reckoning with that finally happening. But we're not going to break the back of illegal drug trafficking until we decriminalize drug usage and take the profit out of the criminal networks. And we need to treat addiction as a public health crisis.
You are not doing a very good job of thinking a move or two ahead, you seem too worried to find blame with anything Trump or fit in a reference to fox news. If we lock down or significantly slow down China import of fentanyl , then I ask you "how does it then try and make its way here".....BINGO? the new primary way is the southern border, and who is receiving the good form China...BINGO, the cartels, and how do they get it here if we are also more scrutinized on our southern border.

We can walk and chew gum at the same time....I believe I have heard that from someone on the forum once before. :D Enjoy your Sunday MD!
Nope, most of the fentanyl illegally making its way to the US is coming from ports of entry. Mostly by post. This was a huge canard about the southern border.

The problem is that it's very, very dense, so it's super easy to ship and to hide.

I don't have any objection to trying to stem the flow, but we know darn well that where there are huge profits to be made there's no way to "win the drug war". It's just a 'feel good', 'act tough' move. And OBTW has the added benefit of demonizing the Chinese.

Just don't kid yourself about the reality.

Now, I do think that we can legitimately ask the Chinese to crack down on the criminals within China who are involved. That's a very legit ask. It's just not something that we should be belligerent about.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Senate Press Gallery
@SenatePress
The #Senate agreed to S.J. Res. 54, to terminate the president's emergency declaration regarding a border wall, 54-41.

GOP voting in favor:
Alexander
Blunt
Collins
Lee
Moran
Murkowski
Paul
Portman
Romney
Toomey
Wicker
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:13 pm Senate Press Gallery
@SenatePress
The #Senate agreed to S.J. Res. 54, to terminate the president's emergency declaration regarding a border wall, 54-41.

GOP voting in favor:
Alexander
Blunt
Collins
Lee
Moran
Murkowski
Paul
Portman
Romney
Toomey
Wicker
hmmm, damn breaking?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump's got problems right there in River City. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Interesting article about the current head of DHS. He appears to have gotten the border under control, for now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/actin ... spartanntp
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The alligators arrived? Excellent news.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:34 am Interesting article about the current head of DHS. He appears to have gotten the border under control, for now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/actin ... spartanntp
That didn't take long, Kevin McAleenan is stepping down as head of Homeland Security. Forced out, although I don't think he is sad about it. By far the best DHS director Orange Duce has had. McAleenan has been the recipient of numerous back wounds from true believing Trumpsuckers like Ken Cuccinelli.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Any one catch that o d is now building a wall on the Colorado border?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1187130591445245953

Alert: The president said a couple minutes ago, "We're building a wall in Colorado. We're building a beautiful wall. A big one that really works."

I am guessing that New Mexico is going to pay for it!
Attachments
New Wall.jpg
New Wall.jpg (112.89 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:55 pm Any one catch that o d is now building a wall on the Colorado border?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1187130591445245953

Alert: The president said a couple minutes ago, "We're building a wall in Colorado. We're building a beautiful wall. A big one that really works."

I am guessing that New Mexico is going to pay for it!
The replies on the twitter account are a riot. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Headline news out here, obviously.

Meh. We're flyover country. Half our nation can't tell the difference between Wyoming, and Colorado.

No harm, no foul. Fodder for more humor, though.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Case in point, the CNN headline?

Trump says US is building a wall in Colorado -- a state that doesn't border Mexico

Now why would they feel the need to tell readers Colorado doesn't border Mexico?

:lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The American Way. We got one! Making America Great Again. USA - USA - USA
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:51 pm The American Way. We got one! Making America Great Again. USA - USA - USA
Thanks for your service!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least he could board the plane first!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A bad hombre!!!!
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:56 pm Case in point, the CNN headline?

Trump says US is building a wall in Colorado -- a state that doesn't border Mexico

Now why would they feel the need to tell readers Colorado doesn't border Mexico?

:lol:
LOL
CU88

Post by CU88 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:51 pm The American Way. We got one! Making America Great Again. USA - USA - USA
I guess, I feel safer now???
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:55 am
I guess, I feel safer now???
Was he part of the color guard for the Ravens game last week?
“I wish you would!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

I have stayed away from this side of the board for many reasons mostly for political reasons. As a combat veteran, the Marine violated the rules.
On one side of my family, we have been here longer then anyone posting families have been here and I am embarrassed that Sherman broke all rules of engagement and took my property by torching it. Are you going to take his statutes down? My family wants our legally owned property back. So PC people - when can I expect it back?

On the other side they went through the LEGAL process of becoming a US citizen. Went through the Island, did the paperwork and settled per US Law.

I have broken allot of china in my day - I have owned up and taken my fair share of responsibility. Get over it already. Follow the rules already and if you do not know them find someone who can help you....not complicated
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

:roll: That would explain why this individual should have the standard deportation process bypassed.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:35 am :roll: That would explain why this individual should have the standard deportation process bypassed.
MAGA
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 am I have stayed away from this side of the board for many reasons mostly for political reasons. As a combat veteran, the Marine violated the rules.
On one side of my family, we have been here longer then anyone posting families have been here and I am embarrassed that Sherman broke all rules of engagement and took my property by torching it. Are you going to take his statutes down? My family wants our legally owned property back. So PC people - when can I expect it back?

On the other side they went through the LEGAL process of becoming a US citizen. Went through the Island, did the paperwork and settled per US Law.

I have broken allot of china in my day - I have owned up and taken my fair share of responsibility. Get over it already. Follow the rules already and if you do not know them find someone who can help you....not complicated
What’s your tribe?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”