Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
laxman3221

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by laxman3221 »

foreverlax wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:04 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:54 pm You can't make this stuff up.

In an article in the The New Yorker, Mr. Comey Goes to Washington. (2003) Comey claims he was a communist.

and

At the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's annual conference in 2016, Brennan said: “I froze.... This was back in 1980, and I thought back to a previous election where I voted, and I voted for the Communist Party candidate." Brennan was responding to a question about barriers to recruiting diverse candidates for the intelligence agencies, including whether past records of activism could hurt someone applying for a clearance later in life.

Brennan called his support of the Communist Party a mere “indiscretion,” and reminded his audience that the Constitution grants free speech.

So we had two former communist sympathizers at the head of the FBI and CIA.

They also are the two most involved deep staters in the Collusion Delusion. What a country
How old were you when you stopped doing and saying stupid stuff?

How old were you when you realized you had a different opinion over issues you thought were settled in your own mind?

Satisfying, humorous and a happy ending all rolled into on short video.
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

laxman3221 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 pm

In an article in the The New Yorker, Mr. Comey Goes to Washington. (2003) Comey claims he was a communist.

and

At the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's annual conference in 2016, Brennan said: “I froze.... This was back in 1980, and I thought back to a previous election where I voted, and I voted for the Communist Party candidate." Brennan was responding to a question about barriers to recruiting diverse candidates for the intelligence agencies, including whether past records of activism could hurt someone applying for a clearance later in life.

Brennan called his support of the Communist Party a mere “indiscretion,” and reminded his audience that the Constitution grants free speech.

They also are the two most involved deep staters in the Collusion Delusion. What a country

How old were you when you realized you had a different opinion over issues you thought were settled in your own mind?

Boo freakin whoo....little girl had his sign stolen. "OFFICER"...now that was funny.

What a waste of time...
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

foreverlax wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:11 pm
laxman3221 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 pm

and

Boo freakin whoo....little girl had his sign stolen. "OFFICER"...now that was funny.

What a waste of time...
Yeah having to teach a college student that taking things that don’t belong to you is wrong and a crime does waste time. I can’t beleive this is happening. :lol: You can just ignore it was another lol line.
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

More evidence the left has lost its mind.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/17/hous ... aoZQiONqVw
DMac

Post by DMac »

Good thing the right hasn't, otherwise women would be making their own decisions as to how they'll handle unwanted pregnancies.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

If white men could have babies, abortion would be free at gas stations.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

foreverlax wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:25 am If white men could have babies, abortion would be free at gas stations.
Yeh sure it would. Cause white men are so evil.

Why can you guys never discuss the subject posted.

This is a forum on a "sports" website.

Congressional democrats voted unanimously to allow males who say they're females to participate in female athletics.

You all must be ok with it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 4lpDklHu-E

ps: Women of all colors have stopped the beating hearts of 62 million Americans since roe v. wade.

And liberal state legislatures are expanding abortion to extend up to and even after birth.

How did you think pro-lifers would react to the glee and cheering from democrats voting for infanticide.
DMac

Post by DMac »

6ftstick wrote
ps: Women of all colors have stopped the beating hearts of 62 million Americans since roe v. wade.
I don't get your point here, you saying roe v. wade should be overturned and the decision as to how to deal with an unwanted pregnancy should be made by someone other than themselves?

And liberal state legislatures are expanding abortion to extend up to and even after birth.

How did you think pro-lifers would react to the glee and cheering from democrats voting for infanticide.
This sounds very much like an eye for an eye mentality to me. How unchristianlike of you.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I seldom comment in these pages, but since the posters are attuned to athletic issues, I did want to venture a point.

While I'm extremely sympathetic to issues of inclusion and equality, I do think that there are some common sense limits. Women's sport is a really important "safe space" for people born with female bodies. There is so much physiological evidence that men's and women's bodies are composed differently, that it's surprising to me that people are ignoring what is extremely important to 51 percent of the world's population.

Perhaps there's a "greater good" argument here, in that there are more athletes born with female bodies who are harmed by this than transgender people disadvantaged by this new definition of things.

The editorial by Martina Navratilova is a good one, I'd encourage people to read it.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

First abortion is not ended by so called pro life any abortion laws. They are moved off the matrix so they still occur. They were moved on the charts to bring them into s safe healthcare environment. Pro life is a misnomer. The vast majority it is anti abortion not pro life. Pro life is a womb to tomb commitment the majority stop practicing the minute a birth occurs. Abortion isn’t really their highest concern if it were they would focus on eliminating the causes. Abortions will continue as they skate did before Roe. More people will die.

Abortions can be reduced by a huge percentage almost overnight by providing easy access to contraception, sex education, family planning counseling etc.

But then other things start becoming an excuse. The Church does not approve of contraception. That’s more important? Parents don’t want their kids to have sex education. That’s more important than abortion?

The hypocrisy is stunning. Not surprising given the state’s with some of the biggest issues.

Healthcare is a pro life issue. Bot nope many will oppose healthcare and refuse to address the causes of the need for abortion. So they get on their buses to push for a feel good law that wont solve the priblem
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OCanada wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:48 am First abortion is not ended by so called pro life any abortion laws. They are moved off the matrix so they still occur. They were moved on the charts to bring them into s safe healthcare environment. Pro life is a misnomer. The vast majority it is anti abortion not pro life. Pro life is a womb to tomb commitment the majority stop practicing the minute a birth occurs. Abortion isn’t really their highest concern if it were they would focus on eliminating the causes. Abortions will continue as they skate did before Roe. More people will die.

Abortions can be reduced by a huge percentage almost overnight by providing easy access to contraception, sex education, family planning counseling etc.

But then other things start becoming an excuse. The Church does not approve of contraception. That’s more important? Parents don’t want their kids to have sex education. That’s more important than abortion?

The hypocrisy is stunning. Not surprising given the state’s with some of the biggest issues.

Healthcare is a pro life issue. Bot nope many will oppose healthcare and refuse to address the causes of the need for abortion. So they get on their buses to push for a feel good law that wont solve the priblem
Affordable healthcare is indeed pro-life.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:37 am
OCanada wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:48 am First abortion is not ended by so called pro life any abortion laws. They are moved off the matrix so they still occur. They were moved on the charts to bring them into s safe healthcare environment. Pro life is a misnomer. The vast majority it is anti abortion not pro life. Pro life is a womb to tomb commitment the majority stop practicing the minute a birth occurs. Abortion isn’t really their highest concern if it were they would focus on eliminating the causes. Abortions will continue as they skate did before Roe. More people will die.

Just for the record... how do you define "affordable healthcare" ? That must reside right next to "common sense" gun laws and the rich need to pay their "fair share" The FLP folks love to parrot the words even though they can't define exactly what they mean by them. It sure makes them feel good when they say them. It gives FLP types some very odd orgasmic like pleasure to repeat them over and over... affordable healthcare... fair share... common sense gun laws... :P
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://nypost.com/2019/05/18/chinas-ne ... o-reality/ coming soon to the good old US of A. 8-)
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Just for the record... how do you define "affordable healthcare" ? That must reside right next to "common sense" gun laws and the rich need to pay their "fair share" The FLP folks love to parrot the words even though they can't define exactly what they mean by them. It sure makes them feel good when they say them. It gives FLP types some very odd orgasmic like pleasure to repeat them over and over... affordable healthcare... fair share... common sense gun laws... :P
Whatever you feel is affordable is good enough for me.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:41 pm https://nypost.com/2019/05/18/chinas-ne ... o-reality/ coming soon to the good old US of A. 8-)
Only if we adopt authoritarianism...wait...that could be happening under Trumpism.
Scary stuff, for sure.

But if we reject Trumpism soundly, I think this particular kind of social control won't get any traction here, thank goodness. Heck, we're even beginning to reject the widespread deployment of facial recognition technologies. Already rejected drone surveillance of crime ridden neighborhoods. All despite the obvious potential to better combat crime. Privacy tradeoffs are getting greatly increased attention.

But for a fascist state like China, it's actually a brilliant way to influence the population's compliance with social standards. But who sets the standards?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Wrong answer... nice try. The correct answer is there is no correct answer. It all becomes subjective. What may be affordable for you may be way too expensive for me. What you may consider common sense gun legislation could be too restrictive for your next door neighbor. What one person would consider someones fair share could be considered outrageous by that person. These are really popular FLP buzz phrases simply because the FLP folks never are called on the carpet to define what they mean.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:05 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:41 pm https://nypost.com/2019/05/18/chinas-ne ... o-reality/ coming soon to the good old US of A. 8-)
Only if we adopt authoritarianism...wait...that could be happening under Trumpism.
Scary stuff, for sure.

But if we reject Trumpism soundly, I think this particular kind of social control won't get any traction here, thank goodness. Heck, we're even beginning to reject the widespread deployment of facial recognition technologies. Already rejected drone surveillance of crime ridden neighborhoods. All despite the obvious potential to better combat crime. Privacy tradeoffs are getting greatly increased attention.

But for a fascist state like China, it's actually a brilliant way to influence the population's compliance with social standards. But who sets the standards?
IMO it ain't about Trumpism. Its about the government ever slowly creeping their way into everything we do as Americans. My drive in to work every morning takes me down streets that have those little blue cameras on light poles on every other street corner. It is not being paranoid... but big brother is watching you almost every where you go. In China, they have taken it several steps further. It makes me wonder if the USA will be not that far behind? :roll:
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:05 pm
Scary stuff, for sure.

IMO it ain't about Trumpism. Its about the government ever slowly creeping their way into everything we do as Americans. My drive in to work every morning takes me down streets that have those little blue cameras on light poles on every other street corner. It is not being paranoid... but big brother is watching you almost every where you go. In China, they have taken it several steps further. It makes me wonder if the USA will be not that far behind? :roll:
I'm very familiar with what China is doing, both pro and con. My son lives in Shanghai.

As I've said many times, the issue is not right or left, but rather authoritarianism.
Right now that threat is most acute from the 'right' side of our spectrum, but there's no guarantee the left won't have a turn at it.

But we still live in a democratic system, of the people and by the people, with constitutional checks and balances and respecting the rule of law.

Lose that, though, and, yup, we have a lot to be concerned about.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Wrong answer... nice try. The correct answer is there is no correct answer. It all becomes subjective. What may be affordable for you may be way too expensive for me. What you may consider common sense gun legislation could be too restrictive for your next door neighbor. What one person would consider someones fair share could be considered outrageous by that person. These are really popular FLP buzz phrases simply because the FLP folks never are called on the carpet to define what they mean.
Like I said, whatever YOU determine is affordable is a good enough definition for me. I didn’t ask about everyone else. Read my response again.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Wrong answer. There are reasonable ways to one with a “fair” solution within a range. 2,000 for the same pull that costs 8 in Australia. Multiples run throughout the healthcare system and needn’t.

Return to “POLITICS”