Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:19 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:08 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:01 pm They still had almost 2 years to get the goods to charge tax fraud rather than just failure to file.
You're both making a silly diversionary argument to distract from Garland slow rolling & subverting the investigation, as the IRS WB's have proven.
You're both grasping at straws.
:lol: My response is: scoreboard. Look at the scoreboard. I'm grasping at reality. You're making stuff up with zero evidence,

But yet again-----your argument here is that Bill Barr couldn't POSSIBLY have investigated Hunter in under 2 years...and would need YEARS more time to get the investigation finished......

.....while ALSO arguing that in 2021, the DoJ started dragging their feet.

Does this sort of logic work for you anywhere? Because it's just laughable here, OS.
The IRS WB's laid out the timeline for you.
That's right. They told us that Barr and Rettig were dragging their heels, OS.

Even THEY want to blame Barr and Rettig.....spectacular that you don't.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:20 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:54 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:38 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:29 pm So long as the SOL has not run, it does not make sense to do so.
Buffalo bagels.

You/re telling the forum that Bill Barr thinks that Old Salt is full of sh*t, and doesn't believe there is such thing as a Deep State.,

Because if Barr DID believe in one? He'd assign hand picked help to finish the investigation within 2 years (something that Mueller did no problemo)...,and make his indictment.

You should know that you're out of excuses and fairy tales if even Bill Barr doesn't believe in your Deep State silliness, OS. ;)

There is NO WAY Barr would let Hunter's case slide if he believes the Dems are inherently corrupt. Not a chance.
Exactly. It's nonsensical and even Barr didn't believe in it if Salty is correct that they just figured that with some more investigation they'd be able to prosecute within the next 2 years. It was already pretty darn obvious that Trump was going to lose in November, and if I recall correctly, Barr himself said that was what he expected would happen, so it's not as if a continuation of Barr's tenure was a sure thing...

They just didn't have the goods to prosecute...And from the political POV, this was again about wanting the allegation not the prosecution, so no sweat, we'll just keeping making claims of wrongdoing we can't back up with evidence.

Sheesh, this guy Archer essentially refuted any notion that Joe had any involvement in Hunter's business beyond merely being Hunter's dad. And yet, the MAGA sorts are claiming quite the opposite...but they don't care about truth...nor does Salty, apparently.
They still had almost 2 years to get the goods to charge tax fraud rather than just failure to file.
You're both making a silly diversionary argument to distract from Garland slow rolling & subverting the investigation, as the IRS WB's have proven.
First, there's zero actual evidence of any interference in the case from Garland, and a direct refutation by the Trump-appointed, Barr endorsed prosecutor Weiss. The WB's have presented zero proof of anything, and Weiss directly refutes them in writing to Congress...which would be a criminal act if he is lying.

So, that's an actual lie by you.

Second, on the logic, they had two full years to bring a case, any case, on the tax matter and they didn't...so, unless Barr was interfering and telling Weiss to hold off (unafraid of the Deep State), they simply didn't have the evidence...and yet, we're told failure to file was a slam dunk (of course!)...fraud, not so simple...and with the IRS having delivered their report that summer, the conclusion had to be they simply didn't have enough to convict on stronger charges, else indict...better to have an open case in which allegations can be made but don't need to prove anything in court.

2 full years, with a deadline looming of a new Admin...indict or you don't have it.
They didn't have the FD 1023 evidence for 2 full years.
They could have brought a case on misdemeanor failure to file, Hunter pays back taxes (with donor "loans"), takes a plea deal, & then skates, as a sympathetic recovering addict grieving his brother's death.
Then when they run down the foreign income from 2014-15 on the FD 1023, they can't charge tax fraud because of double jeopardy.
Plus, it wasn't certain that Trump would lose & Barr would leave office before the SOL expired in Oct 2022.
Had they dropped an indictment right after the election, the Biden DoJ could still dismiss before trial or offer a sweetheart deal like they did 2 years later. You're still grasping at straws to divert attention from the Biden'/Garland DoJ's failed attempt to slide through a sweetheart plea deal.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

I realize it's blasphemous to suggest to all the Tucker haters on here but everyone should watch his interview with Devon Archer.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:44 am I realize it's blasphemous to suggest to all the Tucker haters on here but everyone should watch his interview with Devon Archer.
:lol:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:47 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:44 am I realize it's blasphemous to suggest to all the Tucker haters on here but everyone should watch his interview with Devon Archer.
Ha... Must be hard to laugh with your head buried in the sand.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:00 am
When you were traveling abroad during that time with your family visiting friends, were you not using Viber, Whattsapp and other services? I still use whattsapp to talk and message friends abroad….don’t you?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:02 am
When you were traveling abroad during that time with your family visiting friends, were you not using Viber, Whattsapp and other services? I still use whattsapp to talk and message friends abroad….don’t you?
Has nothing to do with communicating using WhattsApp or Viber. Likely referencing the letter Archer received from the "The Big Guy" in 2011 when he was VP. Clearly showing involvement, not a smoking gun. Just more shenanigans from a politician.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:20 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:54 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:38 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:29 pm So long as the SOL has not run, it does not make sense to do so.
Buffalo bagels.

You/re telling the forum that Bill Barr thinks that Old Salt is full of sh*t, and doesn't believe there is such thing as a Deep State.,

Because if Barr DID believe in one? He'd assign hand picked help to finish the investigation within 2 years (something that Mueller did no problemo)...,and make his indictment.

You should know that you're out of excuses and fairy tales if even Bill Barr doesn't believe in your Deep State silliness, OS. ;)

There is NO WAY Barr would let Hunter's case slide if he believes the Dems are inherently corrupt. Not a chance.
Exactly. It's nonsensical and even Barr didn't believe in it if Salty is correct that they just figured that with some more investigation they'd be able to prosecute within the next 2 years. It was already pretty darn obvious that Trump was going to lose in November, and if I recall correctly, Barr himself said that was what he expected would happen, so it's not as if a continuation of Barr's tenure was a sure thing...

They just didn't have the goods to prosecute...And from the political POV, this was again about wanting the allegation not the prosecution, so no sweat, we'll just keeping making claims of wrongdoing we can't back up with evidence.

Sheesh, this guy Archer essentially refuted any notion that Joe had any involvement in Hunter's business beyond merely being Hunter's dad. And yet, the MAGA sorts are claiming quite the opposite...but they don't care about truth...nor does Salty, apparently.
They still had almost 2 years to get the goods to charge tax fraud rather than just failure to file.
First, there's zero actual evidence of any interference in the case from Garland, and a direct refutation by the Trump-appointed, Barr endorsed prosecutor Weiss. The WB's have presented zero proof of anything, and Weiss directly refutes them in writing to Congress...which would be a criminal act if he is lying.

So, that's an actual lie by you.

Second, on the logic, they had two full years to bring a case, any case, on the tax matter and they didn't...so, unless Barr was interfering and telling Weiss to hold off (unafraid of the Deep State), they simply didn't have the evidence...and yet, we're told failure to file was a slam dunk (of course!)...fraud, not so simple...and with the IRS having delivered their report that summer, the conclusion had to be they simply didn't have enough to convict on stronger charges, else indict...better to have an open case in which allegations can be made but don't need to prove anything in court.

2 full years, with a deadline looming of a new Admin...indict or you don't have it.
They didn't have the FD 1023 evidence for 2 full years.
They could have brought a case on misdemeanor failure to file, Hunter pays back taxes (with donor "loans"), takes a plea deal, & then skates, as a sympathetic recovering addict grieving his brother's death.
Then when they run down the foreign income from 2014-15 on the FD 1023, they can't charge tax fraud because of double jeopardy.
Plus, it wasn't certain that Trump would lose & Barr would leave office before the SOL expired in Oct 2022.
Had they dropped an indictment right after the election, the Biden DoJ could still dismiss before trial or offer a sweetheart deal like they did 2 years later. You're still grasping at straws to divert attention from the Biden'/Garland DoJ's failed attempt to slide through a sweetheart plea deal.
So what? FD 1023 "evidence" showed no confirmation of wrongdoing by Hunter. Lots of handwaving, but no evidence that would be meaningful in court.

There's no double jeopardy for a crime not charged. Failure to file is one crime; if ANY additional crimes were committed then they can be charged later if evidence is found.

But sure, if the prosecution agreed to a plea deal that absolved Hunter of all potential past tax crimes, that would cover it...but why would Barr and the Trump-appointed prosecutor agree to that? Why not just prosecute?

They had two years to prosecute a straightforward violation.
But for some reason decided to not prosecute...looking for more.
The straight failure to file was not enough to be politically damaging...better to make unfounded allegations of massive corruption of Joe...just could never find it, most likely because it simply doesn't exist implicating Joe.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:14 am
Has nothing to do with communicating using WhattsApp or Viber. Likely referencing the letter Archer received from the "The Big Guy" in 2011 when he was VP. Clearly showing involvement, not a smoking gun. Just more shenanigans from a politician.
But this is nothing new. Archer testified under oath that Joe was never involved in the business dealings, never spoke about any business dealings. And that the "Big Guy" reference was all Hunter, no Joe.

So..."shenanigans"!

And yeah, I used WhatsApp with my wife a week ago when she was in Paris visiting family. Used it for 3 years when son was in New Zealand and China, and traveling elsewhere..of course...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

You should be praying for Hunter. Not wishing him ill will.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:21 am
But this is nothing new. Archer testified under oath that Joe was never involved in the business dealings, never spoke about any business dealings.

So..."shenanigans"!

And yeah, I used WhatsApp with my wife a week ago when she was in Paris visiting family. Used it for 3 years when son was in New Zealand and China, and traveling elsewhere..of course...
No idea if the 2011 letter is new or not. did not see the meeting, and neither you or I were in the closed meetings.

The signed letter Joe sent Archer back in 2011 when Archer joined the Hunter Team, is directly to which I was referring WRT to the Tucker interview. Whatssapp has zero to do with the topic I mentioned.

Speaking of whattsapp.....I use regularly and while I was in Korea recently. Works great, but is still a Facebook/Meta product.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:39 am
But this is nothing new. Archer testified under oath that Joe was never involved in the business dealings, never spoke about any business dealings.

So..."shenanigans"!

No idea if the 2011 letter is new or not. did not see the meeting, and neither you or I were in the closed meetings.

The signed letter Joe sent Archer back in 2011 when Archer joined the Hunter Team, is directly to which I was referring WRT to the Tucker interview. Whatssapp has zero to do with the topic I mentioned.

Speaking of whattsapp.....I use regularly and while I was in Korea recently. Works great, but is still a Facebook/Meta product.
Did you read the letter?
Do you see anything in there about business???
Anything at all inappropriate?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Watched it. Archer comes off as a nice guy. Don't know if he is or isn't, but he projects well. Tucker still has a creepy forced high school "wanna be with the cool kids" laugh. Now what?

Joe wrote a letter on VP stationary to a friend and business associate of his son. Nothing about any business Hunter and Devon are doing. No mention of facilitating access to foreign sovereigns or state actors. Should I be reading more into this totally innocuous, likely routine sort of correspondence from a political figure to a private citizen. Tawdry at best (and that's giving the benefit of the doubt to the President's critics). Nothing remotely illegal, right?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:50 am

So..."shenanigans"!

Did you read the letter?
Yes, I read it. and no, on the surface it is innocuous. Which is why I used pollical shenanigans. You can view it multiple ways MD. Sure, there is no there, there. When we know pols benefit greatly financially, you can connect the dots. This simple letter essentially say...."I am here to support you and my son, and I would have preferred to speak to you personally, if I was not stuck talking with the leader of China. PS - I got your back".
~Livy

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:03 am

So..."shenanigans"!

Did you read the letter?
Yes, I read it. and no, on the surface it is innocuous. Which is why I used pollical shenanigans. You can view it multiple ways MD. Sure, there is no there, there. When we know pols benefit greatly financially, you can connect the dots. This simple letter essentially say...."I am here to support you and my son, and I would have preferred to speak to you personally, if I was not stuck talking with the leader of China. PS - I got your back".
A pity (and also telling) that you do not apply this same logic to Orange Cheato who is a heck of a lot more obvious especially when it involves "shenanigans" :oops:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

So..."shenanigans"!

Did you read the letter?
BUT...there's NO evidence that Joe 'benefited greatly financially' from ANY of Hunter's activities.

Archer was both a friend and business partner of Hunter and Joe is a prolific note writer...so, the much more reasonable read is this was a par for the course note from Joe. For Archer, it may have felt like a big deal, but undoubtedly, many, many simple notes were written by Joe for many years to many people. It's a great practice for a politician, and for many people who just have it as part of their DNA to write notes for every little thing. My mother is such a person...I'm not.

I'm not saying that there's zero possibility of "shenanigans" but there's simply no evidence at all of there definitely having been anything corrupt. NO changes in US policy facilitated by Joe on behalf of a Hunter relationship in return for a pay off to Joe...or even a payoff to Hunter. None.

Of course, the lack of any such does not make all such by politicians' family or 'friends' or former government officials selling the perception of access to power feel quite unseemly, if not illegal. There's a massive business, as you know, in lobbying, which is predominantly about assistance in navigating and influencing government decisions on behalf of one's client, and the perception of "who you know" is a big piece. The other element, much more worthy, is good advice about what messages will best resonate, best gain favor...on the merits...with government policy makers. (Obviously there's this other IMO corrupting thing of financial donations to campaigns that lobbyists get involved with that, IMO, should be out of bounds as much as a direct bribe...but the current laws don't prevent such...but they should...no evidence of such in the Hunter situations).

As Archer indicates, Hunter was perceived as valuable not for his own expertise in regulatory matters, but rather to know the people, have access to the people, who could provide such expertise. That's not of zero value, and it's not corrupt or illegal, but we certainly can see that Hunter's sole value was his having met many people, many at his father's heels, over many years, and his ability, therefore to make a call and be recognized. And, as you know, many corporations put people who are famous, entertainers, ex-generals, ex cabinet officials, ex CEO's of other businesses, presumed to have access, on their boards, even if nothing is ever expected of them directly, except perhaps their counsel at a BD meeting. Simply adds to their branding.

And sure, Joe's ongoing presence through a speakerphone talking about simply family matters, or stopping by a table to greet his son and his table mates, added to such perception, burnished that perception. Nefarious? Nope. Unseemly? IMO, yes. But definitely not illegal or actually corrupt.

BUT if there actually was such evidence of quid pro quo policy change and payoff, then that would be corrupt as all get out. Prosecute.

But what we've learned from the GOP committee work and their MAGA blowhards is that they have zippo, nada confirmation of anything nefarious with Joe. And yet, that's the opposite of what they have claimed. Years and years and years of investigation. Got nuthin'.

So, to me, this is just another in a string of lies, all part and parcel of the MAGA ethic...the Big Lie being the worst.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

So..."shenanigans"!

Did you read the letter?
There have to be creditable dots to connect. Not seeing them here, except in the sense of "politicians are bad and on the make always and therefore Joe is bad and took money we can't find a trace of but we are sure exists." You sound a little crazy.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Burner phones for H & D :?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:27 am There have to be creditable dots to connect. Not seeing them here, except in the sense of "politicians are bad and on the make always and therefore Joe is bad and took money we can't find a trace of but we are sure exists." You sound a little crazy.
Hey seacoaster, who's a bigger "giant" for you these days?... Schiff or Dan Goldman?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:31 am

So..."shenanigans"!

Did you read the letter?
A pity (and also telling) that you do not apply this same logic to Orange Cheato who is a heck of a lot more obvious especially when it involves "shenanigans" :oops:
I read it and couldn't find anything close to "there are very fine people on both sides", "stand back and stand by", or "I just want to find 11,780 votes." Those are the Corleonesque words.

Return to “POLITICS”