2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: 2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:01 am :lol: Buckwheat was an expression my grandfather use to use. It had NOTHING to do with the black kid on the little rascals if that is where you were going with your thought process that I was being racially insensitive. The one thing I am 100% certain of is that the queen of evil running for POTUS was the deciding factor as to why dump decided to run. The queen of evil running for POTUS is the only reason that dump won.
So, you would no doubt agree that because the lying King of Evil ran in 2020, and ran as he did, is the primary reason we now have a President named Joey Biden, yes?

Trump, mostly all by himself, gave us president Biden.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:01 am :lol: Buckwheat was an expression my grandfather use to use. It had NOTHING to do with the black kid on the little rascals if that is where you were going with your thought process that I was being racially insensitive. The one thing I am 100% certain of is that the queen of evil running for POTUS was the deciding factor as to why dump decided to run. The queen of evil running for POTUS is the only reason that dump won.
So, you would no doubt agree that because the lying King of Evil ran in 2020, and ran as he did, is the primary reason we now have a President named Joey Biden, yes?

I think the King of Evil and the Queen of Evil should have married each other. They would have been a match made in hell.. the perfect fit for each other
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:32 pm

I think the King of Evil and the Queen of Evil should have married each other. They would have been a match made in hell.. the perfect fit for each other
Why do you let the media inform how you think?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:38 pm

What the heck are you talking about? My opinion of the King and Queen has nothing to do with the media.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:35 pm

What the heck are you talking about? My opinion of the King and Queen has nothing to do with the media.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when did you last speak with them? :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:36 pm

That depends which of the voices in my head i am paying attention to at any given time. There are an awful lot of voices to sift through. :D
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:45 pm

That depends which of the voices in my head i am paying attention to at any given time. There are an awful lot of voices to sift through. :D
That’s what I thought......
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:45 pm

That’s what I thought......
Seriously, I had to explain it to you? :)
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:17 am Salty has pointed out, correctly, that there was also a latent isolationist piece of the far right that sounded reasonable to many who were disenchanted with the stubborn intractability of the Middle East. so, Trump falsely claimed that he'd always been against our actions in the ME, making up out of whole cloth his objecting to the Iraq invasion. No different than his pretending he hadn't been pro-choice all his life, holding up a bible to appease white Christian fundamentalists. Truth did not matter.
What mattered to voters was not what Trump said (half heartedly) in 2003 but what he said he was going to do now & in the future, Which he did.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:49 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:17 am Salty has pointed out, correctly, that there was also a latent isolationist piece of the far right that sounded reasonable to many who were disenchanted with the stubborn intractability of the Middle East. so, Trump falsely claimed that he'd always been against our actions in the ME, making up out of whole cloth his objecting to the Iraq invasion. No different than his pretending he hadn't been pro-choice all his life, holding up a bible to appease white Christian fundamentalists. Truth did not matter.
What mattered to voters was not what Trump said (half heartedly) in 2003 but what he said he was going to do now & in the future, Which he did.
What mattered to far right wing isolationists was that he echoed their sentiments on all sorts of things, all sorts of overlapping ideologies and conspiracy theories. White Christian Nationalism being a big binding force running through much of it. Was that merely to garner their votes or to build his right wing brand for media? Or was it because it was what Vlad wanted...or all 3? And yes, he did 'deliver' on all sorts of isolationist (and Russian) objectives, undermining our relationships with liberal democratic allies around the world.

I think the one thing that may be most certain was that it did not reflect any real ideology of his own.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:08 pm
What mattered to far right wing isolationists was that he echoed their sentiments on all sorts of things, all sorts of overlapping ideologies and conspiracy theories. White Christian Nationalism being a big binding force running through much of it. Was that merely to garner their votes or to build his right wing brand for media? Or was it because it was what Vlad wanted...or all 3? And yes, he did 'deliver' on all sorts of isolationist (and Russian) objectives, undermining our relationships with liberal democratic allies around the world.

I think the one thing that may be most certain was that it did not reflect any real ideology of his own.
197 of 207 House (R)'s & 45 of 50 Senate (R)'s voted not to impeach. They reflect their voters back home.

Not all (R) voters are Q, white supremacist, christian nationalist, militia members.
Many are latent isolationists, benign nationalists, who believe in God, families & want law & order.
They find Trump less offensive than the alternative.
Your labels & condescension serves to harden their views & motivate them to vote.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:07 pm

197 of 207 House (R)'s & 45 of 50 Senate (R)'s voted not to impeach. They reflect their voters back home.

Not all (R) voters are Q, white supremacist, christian nationalist, militia members.
Many are latent isolationists, benign nationalists, who believe in God, families & want law & order.
Your labels & condescension serves to harden their views & motivate them to vote.
:lol: :lol: :lol: speak for yourself!! :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:D yeah, it's my labels and condescension that motivates them to vote...and insurrect when they don't get their way. :roll:

Yup they 'believe in God, families & want law and order"...as if I don't? and millions of other non-delusional Americans don't?

No, there's a huge # of Trumpist GOP who now believe ANY lie told to them by Der Leader including that the election was won by him in a landslide but stolen by all powerful evil Democrats and media Globalist conglomerate that actually runs the world...and obtw abuses children, drinks the blood of babies and of course is financed by Jews like Soros...yes, they actually believe all or most of exactly this nonsense...heck, they also believe that Trump believes in God, family and law and order! And he loves America and is fighting for them...all provably fiction, of course, but hey, that's where we are right now.

But you are surely correct when you say that not all R voters are White Christian Nationalists...I'm one such. And thus, I reject Trumpism.

But the most of the elected GOP are scared as heck by the voters who bought all those lies...not all, some have a spine, but there's not a bloody one of them who fails to vote to impeach or to convict who does have a spine. Of course, some of them may actually believe all the lies too, so at least we might say there's some 'integrity' among whack jobs like Marjorie Taylor Greene. But a dangerous whack job. The rest have lost all claim to integrity.

That said, you've over stated the recent Senate vote...it was to have debate on the Constitutionality before proceeding to trial..there may be none of those who wanted to allow debate who vote to convict, but that's not a sure thing. for now, I'll hold out hope that more than 5 will find their spines. However, the only ones who will ever get a vote from me, EVER, will be those who do.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:07 pm 45 of 50 Senate (R)'s voted not to impeach.
Actually 45 senators voted that Rand Paul’s motion to dismiss should not be tabled. In other words, they thought his motion should be debated by the senators. That’s not the same thing as voting in favor of the motion on the merits.

A couple of senators have come out and hinted that they thought the motion should at least be debated and that that’s all their vote meant. Remains to be seen whether any of the 45 will vote to convict once we get to that point.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:17 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:07 pm 45 of 50 Senate (R)'s voted not to impeach.
Actually 45 senators voted that Rand Paul’s motion to dismiss should not be tabled. In other words, they thought his motion should be debated by the senators. That’s not the same thing as voting in favor of the motion on the merits.

A couple of senators have come out and hinted that they thought the motion should at least be debated and that that’s all their vote meant. Remains to be seen whether any of the 45 will vote to convict once we get to that point.
It was a way to give them cover as the reason they vote not to convict.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Sure, let’s see how they ultimately vote. We’ll find out soon enough.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:27 pm Sure, let’s see how they ultimately vote. We’ll find out soon enough.
Inciting insurrection in the Capitol building which resulted in multiple deaths in an attempt to overthrow an election is nowhere near the level of saying under oath that you didn't have sex with someone in a civil trial after a 7 year investigation about an unrelated real estate deal, when in reality you got a bj.

I mean come on, have some semblance of truth and justice and following your oath to the constitution. Republicans stood for impeachment when it mattered.
DMac

Post by DMac »

"Republicans stood for impeachment when it mattered."

When does it matter? Clinton impeached, and the consequences were?
Slick Willy...only guy to ever keep the house, dog, truck, and pay no child support after the wife found out about the spot on the GF's dress. Guess the consequences then were he had to live with Hillary, Her Holiness, for the rest of his life.

Trump impeached and the consequences were? Prez said, "See, no collusion, perfect call. Witch hunt. Done deal."
Trump impeached X 2, and the consequences will be? Prez sez, "See, no incitement, more witch hunt. Got nuthin....majorly nuthin'."? Impeached X 2 but could still take another run at a second round of being Prez. Can bring Don Jr, Erik, Jared, and Ivanka with him too. Oh, his loving wife Melania too. Sounds like a Rod Serling episode.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:13 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:17 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:47 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:33 am Run the best candidates, align the conservative policy positions best appealing to a majority of Americans, and conservatives can and do win. Of course, sometimes the other side runs a better candidate, aligns their policy positions to be more appealing...that's the way it works. Neither side wins them all.
Trump knocked out 17 of them....goodness. Same thing can be said about the left.
Not sure what you mean on the left (so far)...I don't recall anyone on the left, who's won, who's remotely Trump-like, flip side. The most 'radical' of any who's made it to the general in my lifetime was McGovern, and he really wasn't actually radical.

I think Trump's appeal was rather unique.
Sorry, my last point about the left, was about putting forth an appealing candidate...we can thank them for giving us Trump. ;)
ahhh, I do agree that HRC was rather uniquely beatable (and the country was ready for a swing to the conservative side)...indeed, I thought any of the traditional R's on the stage might well have won the popular vote as well. We'll never know.
Yer missing the point there buckwheat. Once dump knew the queen of evil was the Democrat candidate he knew she was the only person running for the donkeys he knew he could beat. A classic case of the lesser of two evils. Emphasis on the word "evil"
Still don't know the meaning of 'buckwheat' in this context...I'd prefer you not add it.

I don't know that Trump ever thought he could actually win, lots of reporting is that his objective was to define a far right, populist image as the basis for a media play to the right of Fox. His real estate empire was under significant financial pressure given the unwillingness of lenders to lend and his prior media play having run its course, he was looking for a new revenue stream.

He had earlier stumbled into the birtherism falsehood and saw the traction that gave him and revamped his entire political persona from lifelong Democrat to populist, dog-whistle, conspiracy monger. Truth did not matter. And America was ready for that in ways most of us did not anticipate. white Christian fear and resentment was far more ready to explode than we wanted to believe in a world in which a black man could and was elected POTUS twice. This is a pan-national movement and the American strain Trump tapped into, while deep rooted racist and anti-Other, most of us thought was merely fringe...it's not, it's far more widespread and virulent than we thought.

Salty has pointed out, correctly, that there was also a latent isolationist piece of the far right that sounded reasonable to many who were disenchanted with the stubborn intractability of the Middle East. so, Trump falsely claimed that he'd always been against our actions in the ME, making up out of whole cloth his objecting to the Iraq invasion. No different than his pretending he hadn't been pro-choice all his life, holding up a bible to appease white Christian fundamentalists. Truth did not matter.

And with all that, Trump opened up a unique lane in the primaries. Truth did not matter.

But did he expect to actually succeed in winning the primaries, much less the general? I doubt it...he didn't need to be able to create Trump TV as the far right "populist" media voice, conspiracies being the stock in trade...

But yeah, HRC was uniquely beatable.
:lol: Buckwheat was an expression my grandfather use to use. It had NOTHING to do with the black kid on the little rascals if that is where you were going with your thought process that I was being racially insensitive. The one thing I am 100% certain of is that the queen of evil running for POTUS was the deciding factor as to why dump decided to run. The queen of evil running for POTUS is the only reason that dump won.
I'm not black so I wasn't assuming you were referring to that. Other than the grain, which is easy to grow and of low nutritional value, none of the slang usages are complimentary:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... t%20farmer

Apparently there's also a sex act...didn't link that one.

"100% certain"??? Do you have specific evidence of such? Would he not have run if it was a Pelosi type of candidate or a Warren or a Booker or a Holder or....or even Biden?

And how in the heck would you know this with any degree of certainty, I haven't seen any reporting to that effect, have you? All the reporting on this was that it was a branding play, plenty of ego involved for sure, but not an expectation of actually winning. It was about the dollars.
Urban dictionary is the best!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:04 pm

:D yeah, it's my labels and condescension that motivates them to vote...and insurrect when they don't get their way. :roll:

Yup they 'believe in God, families & want law and order"...as if I don't? and millions of other non-delusional Americans don't?

No, there's a huge # of Trumpist GOP who now believe ANY lie told to them by Der Leader including that the election was won by him in a landslide but stolen by all powerful evil Democrats and media Globalist conglomerate that actually runs the world...and obtw abuses children, drinks the blood of babies and of course is financed by Jews like Soros...yes, they actually believe all or most of exactly this nonsense...heck, they also believe that Trump believes in God, family and law and order! And he loves America and is fighting for them...all provably fiction, of course, but hey, that's where we are right now.

But you are surely correct when you say that not all R voters are White Christian Nationalists...I'm one such. And thus, I reject Trumpism.

But the most of the elected GOP are scared as heck by the voters who bought all those lies...not all, some have a spine, but there's not a bloody one of them who fails to vote to impeach or to convict who does have a spine. Of course, some of them may actually believe all the lies too, so at least we might say there's some 'integrity' among whack jobs like Marjorie Taylor Greene. But a dangerous whack job. The rest have lost all claim to integrity.

That said, you've over stated the recent Senate vote...it was to have debate on the Constitutionality before proceeding to trial..there may be none of those who wanted to allow debate who vote to convict, but that's not a sure thing. for now, I'll hold out hope that more than 5 will find their spines. However, the only ones who will ever get a vote from me, EVER, will be those who do.
This is the dumb thing because it implies others don’t care for those things and in fact their behavior is incongruous with this statement often. It’s like when the guy who scores the winning touchdown states “it was all god” as if God was snoring the other team and showing preferences for him and his team.

These people, if they are really even what is claimed, are a heck of a lot more too and that’s the stuff that’s problematic.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”