Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxxygilmore

Re: Navy 2021

Post by laxxygilmore »

+1...well stated!

Also, kudos all the way around to the coaches and players on the "Stopko Sopko" game plan holding the Bison senior offensive star to 1g on 8 shots and 0a, after averaging 4.3g/gm and 1a/gm in his first three games this season before this game vs. Navy.

Moving up...
Re: D1 Men Rankings
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:32 am

Week 7 Media Poll: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/DI/polls

Division I Media Poll
Rank Team Points Prev
1 Duke (9 - 0) 422 (9) 2
2 North Carolina (8 - 0) 417 (7) 1
3 Maryland (6 - 0) 415 (6) 3
4 Syracuse (4 - 2) 357 4
5 Denver (7 - 2) 324 7
6 Virginia (7 - 2) 323 9
7 Army (4 - 1) 311 8
8 Rutgers (4 - 2) 287 5
9 Notre Dame (4 - 1) 281 6
10 Georgetown (6 - 1) 245 11
10 Lehigh (4 - 0) 245 10
12 Delaware (6 - 1) 159 14
13 Vermont (4 - 2) 124 15
14 Navy (3 - 0) 114 16
15 Hofstra (4 - 1) 113 19
16 Ohio State (3 - 3) 108 17
17 Richmond (4 - 3) 104 20
18 Loyola (4 - 3) 79 12
19 UMass (2 - 1) 54 13
20 UAlbany (4 - 2) 40 21
Receiving Votes:

Stony Brook, Bryant, Penn State, Johns Hopkins, Boston University, Villanova, Towson, Penn, High Point, Marist
GO NAVY! BEAT LOYOLA!
Last edited by laxxygilmore on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The rust was apparent before the run, but even with the missed passes & turnovers, agree that was the best ball movement in recent memory.
Sticks up, quick release (high or low) pass or shot, pinball lacrosse. Lots of hockey assists. I wonder if the box tourney helped. No more dodging to darkness.

Encouraging to still get a win when not winning the FO battle.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:30 pm
Dip&Dunk wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:54 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:42 pm You all following the Suez Canal?

Did you see the vessel’s track before entering the Canal?
Hard to evaluate the track without knowing the traffic/anchoring situation.

What I do know is the real battle will be in the courts. Ever Green vs Canal Authority vs Egypt vs each of the 200 some ships delayed.

Prediction: Egypt pays nothing and even sues for damage to canal.
For those not following the conversation, we are referring to this:

https://m.jpost.com/omg/ever-given-drew ... nal-663379
So all that was needed at the end was ten tugs to straighten this out? :shock: Amazing.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/29/how-the-s ... e=mail_app

After working for almost a week to free the massive, stuck Ever Given, salvage experts accomplished the monumental task Monday — using loads of elbow grease and help from the peak of high tide.

A flotilla of 10 tugboats finally wrenched the bulbous bow of the Empire State Building-size container ship from the canal’s sandy bank, where it had been firmly stuck since March 23.

The boats had pushed and pulled the vessel for five days after dredgers vacuumed up sand and mud from its bow.

The breakthrough early Monday followed what appeared to be a setback when the Japanese-owned ship had temporarily settled back into the diagonal position it had been stuck in after running aground.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The funny part is the ship traveled in the shape of penis just before entering the canal...hmmm what else could be called a canal? :lol: Disgruntled employee?

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 pm The rust was apparent before the run, but even with the missed passes & turnovers, agree that was the best ball movement in recent memory.
Sticks up, quick release (high or low) pass or shot, pinball lacrosse. Lots of hockey assists. I wonder if the box tourney helped. No more dodging to darkness.

Encouraging to still get a win when not winning the FO battle.
+1

Post game presser provides additional interesting insight...

...and highlights short reel too...

Mids vs. Hounds this coming Sat. @ NMCMS will be a good one.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:25 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:33 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:55 pm
TheGoat1999 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:52 pm Army/Lehigh are clearly the Alpha's with similar style, swag, grit and athleticism on the field.
I would not disagree at this point. Based on the eye test and re-watching Navy games...a couple times, the Navy team still seems like they are being programmed to follow direct orders on the lax field .. offensively speaking. Slow to sub, flirt with 5v5 on occasion, move the ball to kill some clock, and set up the midfielders for a shot....where have we seen that before? And shocker.....when they just play after a loose ball, a take-away during a hard ride, when everything has broken down....they often capitalize. Our defense is pretty damned good, our ride is pretty damned good, and our 3v3 unit is pretty damned good.....they need to loosen em-up offensively.

Often, you see them in an open set to start, stretching out the D, which makes for long slides....a simple speed dodge would force a 2v1...but no, gotta get in formation. Test the waters, probe a bit, search for a double, attack early...if nothing is there pull it back out.

I love their 2-2-2 s & 2-4 offensive sets, but players are carrying the ball far too long, looking at their feet while dodging, & missing wide open players. Are they not allowed to throw skip passes...certainly looks like it or I suppose it is because they don't see them? Think about it, if you are carrying the ball too long, and all your passes are adjacent, and your inside guys are not really picking for each other but waiting to follow a slide (which is quite rare), the defense is saying...thank you very much; something needs to be tweaked, we need more, STAT.

....Lehigh and Army do these very things, and have been for years.
Last home game was 28FEB vs JAX.

These last 30 days, the MIDS have experienced a real life training session of endurance and persistence; when summed, equals perseverance. With a week of practice under their belt, my hope is that the 3 week ROM provided an opportunity for the staff to dig in to film and say...you know, we can do better, and must do better if we are going to earN* the PL bid.

My hope, is that this week of practice brought discomfort to the players, a discomfort of excitement, provided by new O-schemes, which in-turn stretched the defense out of their comfort zone. Keep in mind, for years we struggled to get to 10 goals/game, which often costs us the W. In this era of the shot clock, you need to up that and hit 12+. unless it's just one of those defensive battles where no one gives an inch.

Go Navy!
Nice to see 10 players with a point or more contributing to a 13 goal game...and a win.

It was certainly clear to me, and I assume to others that follow Navy lacrosse, that we saw more skip passes in this one game than we have seen in an multiple games, if not a season. Goal number 2 was a beauty, when (43) skipped the AJ below(17) GLE and went to (57) behind the cage to opposite alley and banged upfield for the step down by (22)....have not seen anything like that in awhile. Another from (25) to (29) to (17), another from (17) to (29) for the step down, (29) to (32) on the crease, (29) to (21) on the inside, (17) to (22) skip on the transition, then (29) to (57) at GLE working upfield.

You could also see players were not dodging to certain spots, as if they were following marching orders on Worden Field. Their heads were up, looking for teammates on the backside. Credit Coach Ross and the players for opening up and trusting each other. Maybe the coaches do read these boards, ;) :lol:

We certainly played a lot of defense yesterday, especially with 7 penalties...ugh. Rees was legit, full stop.

Defensively, my game plan for this week would be a heavy dose of strategy in the 3v3. Bucknell, seemed to play a cat and mouse game with us....awfully odd the ball seemed to get to open space where we were not. I'd have to re-watch to see if it were just luck or there indeed was a calculated strategy on their behalf.

Very happy for the players to be playing again, it is certainly a blessing.

Go Navy!
League play continues and this one has even more meaning. I certainly hope we see a continuation of the above mentioned offensive development. As noted last week, I am most concerned with the 3v3 play today, followed by defensive discipline....staying out of the sin-bin. We can also get back a few more possessions if our ride is locked in.....we tend to miss the player that is hunting for the ball at midfield, maybe a modified 10-man ride/disguised as a drop back ride, that engages in-between the restraining line and midfield.

Go Navy.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
TheGoat1999

Post by TheGoat1999 »

Difficult game against a strong opponent in Loyola. But, Man what happened.

We couldn't win a F/O, interesting that the Coaching Staff went with #4 for pretty much the first half, he hadn't taken one regular season F/O and didn't play in the lone scrimmage. Some REPS at Game Speed would have been nice, especially since for the last two seasons #4 has been rock solid.

Why did it take so long to make an adjust on the wing play ? #2 and #3 are dominant on the wings , but bring up #40 sooner and make it a battle for the possession at a very least

Interesting that #57 was allowed to play the last 1:43 of the game. The fans were already chirping in the stands about that.

The MIDS were having stellar success with the 10 Man ride in the first three games, but dropped back into a NON-Pressure riding stance for the first two quarters against the Hounds. I guess the MIDS Staff was content with deviating from the previous success of the hard core in your face riding.

Zero point production from the Second Midfield, Where is #66, why isn't he on the field ? #25 and #43 are nice players but they need to embrace their roles. #28 was dressed for the game but didn't see any action, I know the MIDS are looking forward to his return.

It's never been clearer, The MIDS staff is passing up some of the upper classmen for the Plebes. Not, 100 percent sure why, especially after Saturdays performance. Let's see what happens with Lehigh, Loyola and Army/

God Bless the MIDS !
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

TheGoat1999 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:09 pm Difficult game against a strong opponent in Loyola. But, Man what happened.

We couldn't win a F/O, interesting that the Coaching Staff went with #4 for pretty much the first half, he hadn't taken one regular season F/O and didn't play in the lone scrimmage. Some REPS at Game Speed would have been nice, especially since for the last two seasons #4 has been rock solid.

Why did it take so long to make an adjust on the wing play ? #2 and #3 are dominant on the wings , but bring up #40 sooner and make it a battle for the possession at a very least

Interesting that #57 was allowed to play the last 1:43 of the game. The fans were already chirping in the stands about that.

The MIDS were having stellar success with the 10 Man ride in the first three games, but dropped back into a NON-Pressure riding stance for the first two quarters against the Hounds. I guess the MIDS Staff was content with deviating from the previous success of the hard core in your face riding.

Zero point production from the Second Midfield, Where is #66, why isn't he on the field ? #25 and #43 are nice players but they need to embrace their roles. #28 was dressed for the game but didn't see any action, I know the MIDS are looking forward to his return.

It's never been clearer, The MIDS staff is passing up some of the upper classmen for the Plebes. Not, 100 percent sure why, especially after Saturdays performance. Let's see what happens with Lehigh, Loyola and Army/

God Bless the MIDS !
Not much to argue with here...we knew FO play was going to punch us right in the mouth all week. #4 did a nice job giving us a chance and #40 certainly helped. I think back to a player like Zach Currier that was not a quick-twitch faceoff guy, but certainly knew how to counter the opponent; sometimes grab the ball and push it forward ;) :lol: Let's go out on a limb and triple poll Lehigh....no joke. 8-)

Were were our danged skip passes from last week.

Was nice to see the fellaz play much looser 2nd half, Although, a bone to pick was no urgency by mid 4th quarter...still slow rolling subs and trying for the one good shot, almost reminiscent of Tierney offense.

Need to re-watch game for some more nuanced intel.

Go Navy! earN*it
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

I expected to see #57 sooner, when there was still time for it to matter.
The 4 man attack rotation was working, but you have to have enough time of possession to show a change up.
imho -- #25 & #43 can contribute this year, as well as #28 when healthy.
I don't recall #66 shooting like #25, #43 & #28.
#5 & #47 moved to DM & are contributing.
Moving #21 to MF appears to be working.
I'd go with 2 poles on the FO wings vs Lehigh's #99 from the start, until shown not needed.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

Great time for #19 Navy to pull a big upset over #7 Lehigh at Lehigh this Saturday afternoon? Indeed! - Giddy up!...

Navy 12 -- Lehigh 11

AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Class of 2021’s graduation & commissioning ceremony will be in-person at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium on May 28!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

TheGoat1999

Post by TheGoat1999 »

Another good effort by the MIDS. But, still came up short.

"Captain James Lawrence’s last spoken command soon became a battle cry throughout the American fleet, most famously as the motto emblazoning Oliver Hazard Perry’s battle flag at the Battle of Lake Erie: “Don’t Give Up The Ship.”

But, At the Lehigh game it appeared that's exactly what Navy did at the F/O-X. Navy "Gave up the X" and was content to drop back and play Defense, and boy did we play a lot of Defense once again, due to a tactical decisions made by our Coaches. Inserting #5 as an attackman basically sent up the White Flag. I was waiting for one of our 2- LSM's (3/2 or 40) on the wings after Lehigh Fogo #99 gained possession to fully engage and put the ball on the carpet. Give #99 all the credit in the world , he is a master at the X ! But, Put a little pressure on that guy, lock everybody else off and let's see what happens.
Where was FOGO #4 and FOGO #58 this week ?

MIDS First Midfield was firing on all cylinders and #28 came out firing the ball. I believe he finished the day with 1/12 shooting.

Basically, Four Players scored for the MIDS , First Midfielders 28,29,21 and attackman 17.

MIDS Second and Third Midfield had a few runs, it was good to see #66 get a few runs and moving #48 to Second Midfield will generate some offensive firepower.

The MIDS have zero dodging presence from X. #17 had a nice day shooting from the outside, #57,6 and 32 had a combined 4 shots on cage. Since, The MIDS played more midfielders, will the staff give more attackman a chance to play ? Something needs to change.

IMO, #49 plays like a beast, I have watched the clip of #49 being matched up on Lehigh #22 and #49 totally dominated that brief encounter. #49 also gave up significant size to Lehigh #55 but played him straight up.

We need to solve the problem of multiple defenseman sliding to the ball. Seeing two poles sliding regardless of the situation is a problem. Also, Could somebody put a body on somebody. Watching multiple Lehigh players taking a shot and standing afterwards is concerning on so many levels.

Lehigh was more physical, more aggressive, had 55 shots to our 36, cleared the ball 14/15 and Lehigh won the GB Battle 42 /25.

I know the MIDS will regroup and bounce back strong against Loyola next week. God BLESS the MIDS.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Appreciate the banter tg1999.....

TheGoat1999 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:15 pm But, At the Lehigh game it appeared that's exactly what Navy did at the F/O-X. Navy "Gave up the X" and was content to drop back and play Defense, and boy did we play a lot of Defense once again, due to a tactical decisions made by our Coaches. Inserting #5 as an attackman basically sent up the White Flag. I was waiting for one of our 2- LSM's (3/2 or 40) on the wings after Lehigh Fogo #99 gained possession to fully engage and put the ball on the carpet. Give #99 all the credit in the world , he is a master at the X ! But, Put a little pressure on that guy, lock everybody else off and let's see what happens
Lehigh is good....pure and simple, and Sisselberger is the best in the country, IMHO. Which is why I suggested triple polling...you laugh, but I have done this in games and it certainly disrupts and can work ..... of course not all the time; sometimes talent just wins, but I woulda tried three poles, at least a couple times. :D

I assume you already knew this......but the reason #5 was on attack during F/O's was b/c they wanted a SSDM already on the field, after bringing up two poles, so he could engage in play immediately after Lehigh possession, bypassing the substitution box.
TheGoat1999 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:15 pm We need to solve the problem of multiple defenseman sliding to the ball. Seeing two poles sliding regardless of the situation is a problem. Also, Could somebody put a body on somebody. Watching multiple Lehigh players taking a shot and standing afterwards is concerning on so many levels.
This harkens back to my earlier post and observation where I wrote that Army and Lehigh play way faster, high(er) motion offense (essentially 6 high IQ attackman on the field at one time) ...... THAT, causes defenses to get 'unorganized'. If you watch our guys, there is not enough off-ball movement with the other 5 players, and the ball carrier often only looks in the direction they are running. Our game vs Bucknell was a prime example of what a thru-skip pass will do to a defense, if you are not going to create stress on the defense with off-ball movement. Think Newtons First Law of motion.
TheGoat1999 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:15 pm Lehigh was more physical, more aggressive, had 55 shots to our 36..
55 shots is a ton, certainly helps when you can play make it take it.
TheGoat1999 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:15 pm God BLESS the MIDS.
AMEN!
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

PL FO %'s :
Lehigh 72.0 %
Loyola 55.5 %
Army 40.8 %
Navy 40.5 %

Dodging from X -- If you want...
speed dodging -- go back to 21 as x attackman or invert him as a mf.
bull dodging -- stay with 6 as x attackman
both -- put 17 at x, but give up your best LH finisher

Unlike Navy offenses we've become accustomed to watching, this offense is generated quicker & more from out front than from behind.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Nice nice nice. Good win over Loy!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Agreed.

And even if they lost, it was a blessing to see a Navy team in the past 7+ years actually play much more free, loose, and creatively. Certainly there were errors, TO's, poor shot selection, and some help from Loyola, but this is promising. We saw a ton of off ball movement, skip passes....did I say skip passes, attackmen carrying over the top, using picks correctly, game/player adjustments by staff, oh yea & skip passes.....progress.

Maybe they do indeed read these boards or I can be pleased that they agree with me....after dozens upon dozens of posts encouraging this style of play ;)

#ChangeCourse.....#Onward.

Go Navy! Beat Army!
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

#21 was back at attack, paired with #17 = 2 shifty passing attackmen. It made a difference.

TeamD played well.
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/n ... story.html

Christian Daniel scores clinching goal as Navy survives Loyola rally in 14-12 men’s lacrosse win
By BILL WAGNER, CAPITAL GAZETTE, APR 17, 2021 AT 7:42 PM

At the end of a roller-coaster lacrosse game that was pretty much a tale of two halves, it came down to a coaching gamble and a savvy senior making the opponent pay for rolling the dice.

Navy led Loyola Maryland by one with 1:38 remaining in the game when there was a timeout. The Midshipmen had possession with 52 seconds remaining on the shot clock.
Loyola coach Charley Toomey decided to try to get the ball back immediately. It was a curious call because had Navy succeeded in salting away the rest of the shot clock, the hosts still would have 46 seconds to get the tying goal.
When play restarted, the Greyhounds had defensemen Matt Hughes and Cam Wyers doubling the ball along the sideline. Toomey sent goalie Sam Shafer to the offensive end to get an extra field defender for the purpose of shutting off all the remaining Midshipmen.
When the whistle blew, Navy senior attackman Christian Daniel exploded toward midfield and easily outran the double-team.
Daniel got to the top of the box then turned and ran directly toward the cage before firing a shot from about 12 yards out that sailed into the back of the empty net and gave Navy a 14-12 victory at Ridley Athletic Complex.
“We tried to put our two best long poles on the ball. Credit Christian, who got to his left hand and ran hard to the top side,” Toomey said. “You’ve got to make a play and we didn’t.”
Daniel said Navy offensive coordinator Brad Ross had prepped him for exactly what Loyola did.
“During the timeout, Coach Ross said to expect the double-team. I knew to attack between them to make them collapse,” Daniel said. “Since there was no goalie, I kind of figured I would send [the ball] to the goal.”
“And pray,” added Navy coach Joe Amplo, who was seated next to Daniel during the virtual postgame news conference.
Daniel had five assists to go with his game-clinching goal as Navy beat Loyola for just the second time in the last 11 meetings. The Greyhounds were 7-1 versus the Midshipmen since joining the Patriot League in 2014 with the most recent win coming earlier this season (14-10) in Annapolis.

Navy also beat Loyola on its home field for the first time in five attempts.
“From day one when I arrived and stated some goals, to a man everyone said they wanted to beat Loyola. They’ve been the premier program in this conference for a long time,” Amplo said.
“This is a big win … to validate some of the things these upperclassmen have done. This is one of the moments we can build on and hopefully be a springboard for future success.”

A pair of plebes played prominent roles offensively for Navy. Midfielder Dane Swanson scored three goals and assisted another, while attackman Jon Jarosz totaled two goals and two assists.
Swanson had missed three straight games with a foot injury sustained in the season opener. The McDonogh graduate returned to the lineup against Lehigh and contributed three points. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound St. Mary’s City resident was a force Saturday, scoring twice off wicked crank shots.
“We see it every day in practice. At times, [Swanson] is the best player on our practice field,” Amplo said. “For a freshman to step up and score three goals in a big game … he was as good as anyone on the field today.”

Jarosz did not play in the season opener because the coaching staff did not feel he was ready for Division I competition and they were still trying to figure out if he was an attackman or midfielder. The 6-foot-6, 224-pound Severn School product has seven goals and three assists in five games.
“Jacob was productive. He’s a freshman and making an impact against Loyola Maryland. He’s growing up before our eyes,” Amplo said. “There are times when he’s going to make mistakes and there are times when he’s going to let his size, athleticism and instincts take over. I think that’s what you saw today.”

Goalie Spencer Rees (Boys’ Latin) recorded 15 saves, while junior Jacob Jarosz captured 15 of 25 faceoffs for Navy (4-2, 2-2), which snapped a two-game losing streak. Junior attackman Jack Sweeney scored all three of his goals off extra-man opportunities for the Midshipmen, who raced out to a 6-0 lead midway through the first quarter.

“I thought our energy early was the difference in how the game started off,” Amplo said.
Navy kept the pressure on and led by six goals a total of six times. Last came with 9:43 remaining in the third quarter when midfielder Michael Foster fired an overhand bouncer past Shafer to put the Mids ahead 12-6.

That is when the Loyola comeback began. Sophomore attackman Evan James scored three of his game-high four goals during a 6-0 run that tied the score at 12 with 4:59 remaining in the game. Sophomore midfielder Adam Poitras contributed a goal and assist to the rally, which was helped by a pair of penalties against the Mids that led to extra man goals.
Amplo thought Navy was too aggressive during that stretch with Andrew McKenna committing a costly unnecessary roughness penalty that gave Loyola a man advantage for two minutes.
“It’s more a credit to Loyola. Those guys are really good and are never going to back down, never going to give up,” Amplo said. “We told our players all along the punch was coming. Loyola is a great team, and we knew we were going to have to manage a one-goal game.”

Just when it seemed the Midshipmen were going to collapse and lose again to the Greyhounds, the seniors stepped up. Long-stick midfielder Jeff Durden gobbled up the ground ball on the ensuing faceoff and carried it into the box before unleashing a hard shot past Shafer.
That goal gave Navy the lead again just nine seconds after Loyola had forged the tie and set up the final sequence that produced Daniel’s clincher.

“My hat’s off to Navy. They played hard and got what they deserved. They came out and played with incredible energy, certainly more energy than we did,” Toomey said. “I’m proud of my team for fighting. I’m proud of them for bowing their necks in the third quarter and making it a game.”

Shafer, who was benched during a 12-7 loss to Army West Point last Saturday, replaced starter Freeman Whitaker at halftime and helped spark the comeback. Shafer made six saves, several of which were of the spectacular variety.
Loyola played without two starters — defenseman Kyle LeBlanc and attackman Joey Kamish — who were injured during the Army game.

Navy wound up scoring four extra man goals and got three more in transition from long poles, a development that disappointed Toomey.
“That was kind of the difference. We haven’t seen that very often. When you’re on your heels, those type of things happen,” he said. “We have to go back to the drawing board and get back to playing solid team defense.”

Amplo praised the faceoff work of Jarosz, also a Severn School graduate and older brother of the freshman attackman. “I can’t say enough about Jarosz’s work at the faceoff stripe. If there was one difference in the game, he was it,” Amplo said.

For Amplo, in his second season at Navy, this felt like a game in which the whole program grew up. Because of COVID, the Midshipmen have only played 11 games under the new coaching staff.
“It was a moment when we had to answer. We’ve never been put in that position before against a team like this. I’m proud of our guys for answering in the moment,” Amplo said.
“It’s a breakthrough, no question about it. Loyola could have very easily won that game if we backed down from that punch that they threw at us. We didn’t because our seniors stepped up,” Amplo added.

Navy (4-2, 2-2) 7-3-2-2=14
Loyola (5-5, 3-3) 1-4-3-4=12
GOALS: N – Swanson 3, Sweeney 3, Jon Jarosz 2, Durden 2, Daniel, Cole, Bonitz, Foster. L – James 4, Lindley 3, Poitras, Olmstead, Seay, Rezanka, McNulty. ASSISTS: N – Daniel 5, Jon Jarosz 2, Perreten, Skalniak, Swanson. L – Poitras 2, Swindell 2, Lindley, Olmstead. SHOTS: N – 42. L – 42. SAVES: N – Rees 15. L – Whitaker 7, Shafer 6. GROUND BALLS: N – 39. L – 45. FACEOFFS: N – 16. L – 13. TURNOVERS: N – 18. L – 15.

ARMY@NAVY
Saturday, noon. TV: CBSSN Radio: 1430 AM
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Did anyone else shake their head over the 2 MINUTE foul for the hit in the 2nd half against the Navy longpole? Granted it was a little late, but it was shoulder-to-shoulder and not even "violent"?? Further, the ref from the farside of the field made the call. He's the ref that loves to have conferences and cover his mouth as if people are lip reading...ugh, let the boys play!!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”