All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:24 pm How sure are you this was an hour ago?
That’s Don Imus.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:22 pm From his lips an hour ago: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CF5jyE5ji_ ... oymuu0ayjf
He certainly sounds good!

This stuff plays at the heart strings, and you really have no choice in the matter if you're a human being, and an American.

You all know I can't stand this guy...but it made me genuinely happy to hear him sound strong in the video. I don't want him to get sick. And I don't want him to die from this.

He's our President, FFS. In the end, that's our leader.

And I'm happy to hear the First Lady is doing well.

And man, am I ready for 2021.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:22 pm From his lips an hour ago: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CF5jyE5ji_ ... oymuu0ayjf
He certainly sounds good!

This stuff plays at the heart strings, and you really have no choice in the matter if you're a human being, and an American.

You all know I can't stand this guy...but it made me genuinely happy to hear him sound strong in the video. I don't want him to get sick. And I don't want him to die from this.

He's our President, FFS. In the end, that's our leader.

And I'm happy to hear the First Lady is doing well.

And man, am I ready for 2021.
+1
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

They have made significant effort today to get the narrative under control. Then, there is this story about Meadows talking to pool reporters that is problematic in their trying to get it under control, unless you see it as part of the administrations plan to make things sound really bad and then have Orange Duce jump out of a cake in a few days. They are dumb enough to try something like that except the media isn't really biting on it. All the networks including Fox are treating it like it is suspicious bad meat, basically labeling it as mixed information coming from the White House.

The folks at Walter Reed won't play along. He is sick and he is not going to be able to fool the virus. It won't play along either.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

Chris Christie in the hospital. Has asthma in addition to the extra pounds.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
njbill

Post by njbill »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:24 pm How sure are you this was an hour ago?
Haha. Notice he didn’t hold up a copy of today’s Washington Post to prove the video was shot today. Rookie mistake.

I thought he looked and sounded good, although I noticed a bit of breathlessness here and there. Doesn’t seem concerning, though. Obviously he is a little weakened.

As all the experts are saying, the next few days are the critical period.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:08 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:03 pm Jake Tapper on Twitter a few minutes ago:
The president is in the hospital with COVID-19 and the White House is putting out zero guests for the Sunday shows to explain what’s going on while also forcing administration health experts to cancel pre-planned interviews.
I think the narrative is getting out of their control...
Or they could all be sick.

Trump is trying to get it under his control and out of everyone elses.

He is feeling good today. He isn't cured. The idea is obviously to put these videos out daily. The problem with the game plan is that unless he is extremely fortunate, there are going to be days fighting this where he is not going to feel so good and will not be able to put out a video. He could always while he is feeling good try to put together a bunch of videos and release them over time as if they had been recorded that day. If he is doing this it will be leaked and figured out.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:45 pm Zara Rahim... just sick: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washingt ... eets-i-ho/
Sadly so. I suspect she felt exactly as she expressed.

More generally, Trolls abound and are feeding off of one another to find new lows.

For instance, not sure why some on here are trolling those of us who want him voted out of office, believe he's a despicable human being and horrible President, with predictions of his emerging triumphantly touting new miracle cures, the virus can be ignored, take off your masks, etc...is that to bring out the natural counter response of ill wishes for our current POTUS? Is that for giggles?

I wish the trolling could be put to a rest, but unfortunately "it is what it is".
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:04 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:45 pm Zara Rahim... just sick: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washingt ... eets-i-ho/

More generally, Trolls abound and are feeding off of one another to find new lows.

For instance, not sure why some on here are trolling those of us who want him voted out of office, believe he's a despicable human being and horrible President, with predictions of his emerging triumphantly touting new miracle cures, the virus can be ignored, take off your masks, etc...is that to bring out the natural counter response of ill wishes for our current POTUS? Is that for giggles?

I wish the trolling could be put to a rest, but unfortunately "it is what it is".
Saw Michael Moore last night. He was a bit down, not triumphal at all. It depressed him to realize that there were some folks out there wishing Trump dead. Don't become you're enemy.
calourie

Post by calourie »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:10 pm

Saw Michael Moore last night. He was a bit down, not triumphal at all. It depressed him to realize that there were some folks out there wishing Trump dead. Don't become you're enemy.
Trump, if he gets better in time, and his surrogates are going to do all they can to turn these events to a political advantage. Like it or not that is the political game. Trump is going to come out of this kicking and biting and scratching to let everyone know what a fighter he is. After taking down the negative comments about Trump on Biden's website that were deleted when Trump got sick to "prove" what a decent guy he is, "Sleepy Joe" and his peeps are going to put them all back up and then some, and the fight will go on. I don't think getting a case of Covid that has required hospitalization this close to the election is going to work to Trump's advantage no matter what the outcome, but it gives us something new to ponder for the next 32 days
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

calourie wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:28 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:10 pm

Trump, if he gets better in time, and his surrogates are going to do all they can to turn these events to a political advantage. Like it or not that is the political game. Trump is going to come out of this kicking and biting and scratching to let everyone know what a fighter he is. After taking down the negative comments about Trump on Biden's website that were deleted when Trump got sick to "prove" what a decent guy he is, "Sleepy Joe" and his peeps are going to put them all back up and then some, and the fight will go on. I don't think getting a case of Covid that has required hospitalization this close to the election is going to work to Trump's advantage no matter what the outcome, but it gives us something new to ponder for the next 32 days
... agreed there is no sympathy vote. I think there is a the Rs really fu**ked up vote if this turns out to be the super spreader it currently appears to be. Trump jumping out of a cake having beaten rona (hope he does) isn't going to move any votes either. I can already see the first AD the day OD gets out of the hospital, Joe's going to be wearing his mask and the only question is what will Trump appear as or like.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 am ...and then there's this from overnight

https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/statu ... 9086623744

"There's an E-6B Mercury off the east coast near DC. I looked because I would expect them to pop up if he tests positive. It's a message to the small group of adversaries with SLBMs and ICBMs.

Here's another E6-B that just popped up visible on MLAT on the west coast. IMO Stratcom wants them to be seen."

sending everyone the message to not try anything aggressive against USA at this time. Nice to see part of the government working as they are supposed to
Nice Twitter reporting there, Jimmy Olsen.
The D brief
by Defense One
October 2, 2020

No, warplanes were not scrambled. A bit of conspiracy-mongering that quickly popped up overnight when someone in Hawaii tweeted that two nuclear war-related planes were in the air before Trump revealed his positive diagnosis. The tweet set off headlines from the UK to Australia that the E-6 TACAMO aircraft had been launched as a deliberate calming measure ahead of the announcement.

That's bogus. "With regard to reports about E-6B aircraft on alert status, US STRATCOM has confirmed these E-6B aircraft were part of pre-planned missions. Any timing to the president's announcement was purely coincidental," DOD's Hoffman said in his statement.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:10 pm Saw Michael Moore last night. He was a bit down, not triumphal at all. It depressed him to realize that there were some folks out there wishing Trump dead. Don't become you're enemy.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 50245.html

Michael Moore has floated a conspiracy theory on his Facebook page that suggested Donald Trump's coronavirus diagnosis was faked.

Mr Moore justified his scepticism of Mr Trump's diagnosis by citing the president's many lies and incorrect statements.

"There is one absolute truth about Trump: He is a consistent, absolute, unrelenting, fearless, and professional liar. A serial liar. A factually proven liar. How many lies now has the Washington Post proven in these four years? 25,000? A lie at least twice during every waking hour? Think of all the bad people you’ve known in your life. Even the worst ones you couldn’t say that about.," he wrote.

Mr Moore then asked "so why on earth would we believe him today? Has he earned your trust now?"
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Over 209,000 Americans dead from Trumps virus
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:27 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:10 pm Saw Michael Moore last night. He was a bit down, not triumphal at all. It depressed him to realize that there were some folks out there wishing Trump dead. Don't become you're enemy.

Michael Moore has floated a conspiracy theory on his Facebook page that suggested Donald Trump's coronavirus diagnosis was faked.

Mr Moore justified his scepticism of Mr Trump's diagnosis by citing the president's many lies and incorrect statements.

"There is one absolute truth about Trump: He is a consistent, absolute, unrelenting, fearless, and professional liar. A serial liar. A factually proven liar. How many lies now has the Washington Post proven in these four years? 25,000? A lie at least twice during every waking hour? Think of all the bad people you’ve known in your life. Even the worst ones you couldn’t say that about.," he wrote.

Mr Moore then asked "so why on earth would we believe him today? Has he earned your trust now?"
If he does have it it makes sense since everyone around them has fallen positive, and if he does not have...well, then, he must be immortal. ;)
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Looks like Meadows finally comes clean after all the subterfuge. Why not just have this frank, no nonsense discussion with the American people on Friday? This horsesh!t that the American people can't take the news in 2020 is just that.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:27 am

Not much of a conspiracy theory when upon hearing it 70% of the country thinks, "what is Trump's angle?". He has done it to himself. Only 34% of the population believe Trump tells the truth to them.

Return to “POLITICS”