All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ABV 8.3%

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by ABV 8.3% »

njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:20 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:23 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:14 pm Saying someone might not survive four years because he’s old, versus HOPING someone might die are two entirely different mindsets.
Don’t recall any poster saying today that they hope Trump dies. Maybe you could provide an example if you think there was one.

So if I were to say (I’m not) that Trump might not survive the coronavirus because he is old, obese, and likely has other underlying health conditions, you would be fine with that?
MatnumPI,

That is why the Admin posted a few pages back, its mainly been directed at him!

JoeMauer89!
Ok, got it. Don’t know why I forgot that.
because you feel the same, but just won't share the same feeling :D
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:22 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:14 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:08 am I doubt that we have seen the last of the CV +'s that will be associated with the Barrett shindig last week. I had not realized until late this afternoon that Barrett herself had Rona in August. Cured I am sure (or at least hope so).

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.
I kind of doubt it, but who knows?
Did her family quarantine from her during August? Possible she gave it to one of her kids who is asymptomatic and passing it on? What about her husband? She has a huge entourage (family) that has followed her all over the place the last couple weeks but we only ever heard about her status. I imagine based on the people they hang out with that they probably don't social distance in their private lives either.

Of course considering who all else attended, the list of possible vectors is long.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Ron Johnson who attended the Barrett ceremony is now saying he is CV+ as well this morning.

I don't recall whether he is on the Senate Judiciary Committee or not.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:20 am Ron Johnson who attended the Barrett ceremony is now saying he is CV+ as well this morning.

How many other governments have had these kinds of problems at the top of its leadership structure? Don’t wear a mask because the King doesn’t like it. Hubris and ignorance.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:29 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:20 am Ron Johnson who attended the Barrett ceremony is now saying he is CV+ as well this morning.

How many other governments have had these kinds of problems at the top of its leadership structure? Don’t wear a mask because the King doesn’t like it. Hubris and ignorance.

Everyone should note the accelerating trend of democrats driving in their cars alone with face masks on. 🤡

These dorks will start shaving with masks tomorrow.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

He is not on the Judiciary Committee. Keep in mind current Senate rules require IN-PERSON voting for floor votes. With three GOP Senators out sick - one more and there goes your majority. Actually if Murkowski and Collins are NO votes, MoscowMitch does not have the votes to confirm a new justice RIGHT NOW.

Dems May be able to block nomination in committee if 2 GOP senators are AWOL, and Dems call for a quorum. Pence can’t break the tie in a quorum vote.

Also need 60 votes to amend the rules, I believe

Senate will take a vote Monday to adjourn until October 19
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:35 am

He is not on the Judiciary Committee. Keep in mind current Senate rules require IN-PERSON voting for floor votes. With three GOP Senators out sick - one more and there goes your majority. Actually if Murkowski and Collins are NO votes, MoscowMitch does not have the votes to confirm a new justice RIGHT NOW.

You do realize the vote isn’t scheduled for at least 3 weeks? That’s 21 days.

Actually you probably don’t.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:36 am
Kismet wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:35 am

You do realize the vote isn’t scheduled for at least 3 weeks? That’s 21 days.

Actually you probably don’t.
They can just wear a mask, then everyone will be protected.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Catbird wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:13 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:08 am I doubt that we have seen the last of the CV +'s that will be associated with the Barrett shindig last week. I had not realized until late this afternoon that Barrett herself had Rona in August. Cured I am sure (or at least hope so).

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.
Did her family quarantine from her during August? Possible she gave it to one of her kids who is asymptomatic and passing it on? What about her husband? She has a huge entourage (family) that has followed her all over the place the last couple weeks but we only ever heard about her status. I imagine based on the people they hang out with that they probably don't social distance in their private lives either.

Of course considering who all else attended, the list of possible vectors is long.
All possible. All of these folks were or were supposed to have been tested prior. But who knows. What is growing clearer is the White House held a super spreader event last Saturday and then those folks are now tracking their germs throughout the rest of Washington and lord knows where else.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:35 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:29 am

Everyone should note the accelerating trend of democrats driving in their cars alone with face masks on. 🤡

These dorks will start shaving with masks tomorrow.
You need a mask if you can’t maintain a safe distance from other humans or if you are inside a building with other people Shari g your space.

🤡
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:49 am

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.

All possible. All of these folks were or were supposed to have been tested prior. But who knows. What is growing clearer is the White House held a super spreader event last Saturday and then those folks are now tracking their germs throughout the rest of Washington and lord knows where else.
Have you seen when The President of The United States last tested negative and the frequency of his tests?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:53 am

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.

Have you seen when The President of The United States last tested negative and the frequency of his tests?
He was NOT tested before the debate last Tuesday because he arrived too late. Incredibly, they took his word that had tested negative. :oops:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.

i'm going to guess at some point he fatigued on daily and went to 2 or 3 days.

anybody got a running total? saw 11 staffers at the debate. my original over/under was 30 and we may blow by that easily.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

And ANYONE should know better than to take the OD by his word...
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:03 am And ANYONE should know better than to take the OD by his word...
“The check is in the mail”. One of the most untrustworthy people on the planet.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.

Nope. Oliva Troye who resigned a few weeks ago is talking about her experiences (recall she was Pence's COVID person) claims the White House has the tools for the job but are too cavalier with the process. No sh!t. :lol: This White House doesn't understand process, never has, any process. Trump runs the worlds largest corporation like it is a corner pizza shop. The few guys he has had they were process people, including the military folks early on, he has run them all off. He truly is the King of Chaos.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 am (omitted)

Nope. Oliva Troye who resigned a few weeks ago is talking about her experiences (recall she was Pence's COVID person) claims the White House has the tools for the job but are too cavalier with the process. No sh!t. :lol: This White House doesn't understand process, never has, any process. Trump runs the worlds largest corporation like it is a corner pizza shop. The few guys he has had they were process people, including the military folks early on, he has run them all off. He truly is the King of Chaos.
That alone is reason to boot him out of office. The incompetence is so large...
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 am

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.

Trump has never run a large enterprise. His company is essentially a large family office...if that.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:07 am
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:03 am And ANYONE should know better than to take the OD by his word...
“The check is in the mail”. One of the most untrustworthy people on the planet.
The guy is a salesman, nothing else, no other skill set. Doesn't understand products come from engineering; doesn't understand operations process; does not understand manufacturing; does not understand ...., etc. None of these matter and they are all easy. This is what drove his companies bankrupt. This is your president, now and then.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:33 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 am

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.

Trump has never run a large enterprise. His company is essentially a large family office...if that.
I would change that to small.

Return to “POLITICS”