2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump - Lake 2024!!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

No worries. Rhonda Burgundy will find a nice gig on Newsmax. I hear their lighting crew is top notch.

All good.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Believe it or not, there still is some hope for the Repukeblicons. That's because it appears as if Democrats are gloating over their apparent but incomplete success in defeating the tRumpist red wave. They have forgotten that there remains one senate seat election on December 6 and that the House has gone red. I was on a lib channel earlier this evening on youtube and pointed this out. Instead of discussing ways of creating a big blue wave and in defeating vote suppression and red lining the commentators ignored my queries. Then they persisted in talking about little boy computer games.

In my years as a sports coach I always told my players don't gloat, don't celebrate until the referee has blown the final whistle or until the umpire calls the game. When they ignored my instructions they got a good verbal lashing from me, the old school coach.

Evidently, these political pundits from the Dem party have not gotten the memo about gloating about an incomplete victory. These guys have got to understand that there still is no clear victory and that the votes are still being counted. Stop the damn gloating and get the job of correcting the Republican made mess NOW.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Na na nah na, na na nah na, hey hey hey, goodbye.

https://apple.news/Ax1qdWR5kT86dppObesrEYg
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:38 am Na na nah na, na na nah na, hey hey hey, goodbye.

https://apple.news/Ax1qdWR5kT86dppObesrEYg

Glad to see the good news. But you never know what will happen next as some Republican judge or group of judges may disqualify certain votes on appeal in order to overturn the victory for America. Then there is the very real possibility of Republican legislatures gerrymandering or wiping out Democrat friendly districts. This would put more Pukies in office and make it impossible for the Dem governor to advance her progressive agenda.

Democrats need to understand that the battle against hate filled anti America right wingers has not ended. If they have any real sense at all, they will realize that it has only begun and that they must engineer a massive, constructive and effective Blue Wave to completely defeat the GOP.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ggait

Post by ggait »

Interesting that most of the kooky election deniers have conceded or at least accepted their losses.

Proving it was all just bull shirt and bluster the whole time.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:09 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:40 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:35 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:28 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:17 pm Krysten Sinema has a big problem. Especially if Warnock wins, which I think is very likely. No democrat will stand with her. The entire Arizona party is fed up with her behavior. She is going to be primaried by the party faithful I suspect in 24. She will need to tow the line in the upcoming congress, or she is done I suspect. Arizona democrats have sufficient talent and experience in the House to replace her.
With such a narrow house majority, MTG is the new Joe Manchin.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy than My Kevin. :lol:
Ruben Gallego, an AZ (D) Congressman recently reelected, excoriated her on one of the Sunday Blather shows, saying she never showed her face or did anything in support of anyone's race. She really is an insufferable little sh*t.

It ain't my battle, but it amazes me that you guys say this stuff about Sinema. She's a very sane legislator who votes about 95% of the time with Democrats; for comparison, Mitt Romney votes far far less with Republicans, like 60%. And, it's not as if she goes off the deep end like an MTG.

She just happens to be less vocally leftist than you. To then say she's an "insufferable little sh*t" seems ridiculous. You'll end up chasing her into the waiting arms of Mitch McConnell, which okay fine, but how about turning down the volume on the personal insults? Seriously.
Isn't a term such as that defined by one of our fellow posters as hateful and mysogynistic? The term " insufferable little chit" was similar to how I described RBG and witnessed first hand some posters on this forum lose their freaking minds. Every other Republican serving on the SCOTUS is fair game, you can even say one of them was credibly accused of rape.
no, you called her ugly and compared her to the TV comedy star who purposely made herself look nebbish. Sexist.

different.
I had many reservations about Buzzy. I don't recall referring to her as ugly. She was a very stunning woman in her younger years. Somewhere along the line she chose to make her fashion statement by choosing modern day school marm. If you ever LISTENED to her snotty attitude to lawyers arguing in front of her that she disagreed with you might have witnessed a different side of her majestic public image. She was not unlike Scalia in her ability to be rude and insensitive. I know you disagree but she had a remarkable similarity to Ruth Buzzy's character on Laugh In. Since many of the folks on this forum you apparently respect make a living eviscerating the conservative justices here on our little forum I have no and will have no problem calling Buzzy out for the nasty, mean spirited nature she frequently used against those she disagreed with. My opinion, and I like this newfangled term tossed around on this forum, accusations about Buzzy's mean spirited nature are VERY CREDIBLE.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:37 pm Trump - Lake 2024!!

The song they’ll come out to on stage

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:17 pm Krysten Sinema has a big problem. Especially if Warnock wins, which I think is very likely. No democrat will stand with her. The entire Arizona party is fed up with her behavior. She is going to be primaried by the party faithful I suspect in 24. She will need to tow the line in the upcoming congress, or she is done I suspect. Arizona democrats have sufficient talent and experience in the House to replace her.
You think she won’t jump and get paid that tv talking head money gladly?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:47 pm Kari Lake just lost. She is down 20K and there are not enough votes for her to catch Hobbs. This is more than Biden won by in AZ. Just called by NBC.
Audits, lawsuits and Kari Klan meetings to follow.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:42 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:50 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:09 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:40 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:35 pm

Ruben Gallego, an AZ (D) Congressman recently reelected, excoriated her on one of the Sunday Blather shows, saying she never showed her face or did anything in support of anyone's race. She really is an insufferable little sh*t.
It ain't my battle, but it amazes me that you guys say this stuff about Sinema. She's a very sane legislator who votes about 95% of the time with Democrats; for comparison, Mitt Romney votes far far less with Republicans, like 60%. And, it's not as if she goes off the deep end like an MTG.

She just happens to be less vocally leftist than you. To then say she's an "insufferable little sh*t" seems ridiculous. You'll end up chasing her into the waiting arms of Mitch McConnell, which okay fine, but how about turning down the volume on the personal insults? Seriously.
Isn't a term such as that defined by one of our fellow posters as hateful and mysogynistic?

It blows my mind that anyone would call Sinema an 'insufferable little sh*t' when she agrees with them 95% of the time, but the tiny 5% only when she implores her party to not spend as much. Amazing stuff.
You're assuming that everyone who disagrees with you is a liberal.

If you listened to those in both parties? There's no such thing as an American moderate. Or such thing as single issue voters.

It's why folks don't understand the trolling-----you're at a site that caters to overeducated lacrosse fans. The odds of finding an actual leftie----not a center leftie, but a real leftie------are tiny. And most here can't stand Trumpism, which has NOTHING to do with conservative values.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that someone that's just one step to the left of you isn't simply center right.
Petey ain't overeducated nor did he play lacrosse in college, nor did he have any family members who did, or kids doing so, nor did he go to a college with a lax team...so, why is he here other than to troll and insult?

Shouldn't we go back to ignoring him?
Same reason Jerry Fallwell Jr like getting cuckolded.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:10 pm

... yup, republiCON House politics is gonna be a real hoot the next few years. There are at least 6 that are in Biden blue districts that can't afford the Maga nonsense if they intend to be re-elected. The dems have deals they can make. Word is Kevin is trying to make deals with the dems. :lol:
And he thought Liz Cheney was a problem
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

And the same folks that prop him up run scared from Dead Prez, KRS One and Killer Mike...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

He’s an embarrassment
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

He really is, and to think he's in a runoff for a Senate seat doesn't speak too highly of those Geogia folk.
A peach of a state alright.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:04 am
He’s an embarrassment
wow, just ouch.

Come on, Georgia...tell us what you really think.
I get the holding one's nose vote, but show us what you really think.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:17 am How the democrats meddled in GOP Senate recruitment. A little inside baseball.
This is a pretty big story up here in New Hampshire, where it is said the Democrats worked to get Bolduc on the final ballot ahead of a few well-known local legislators. In the end, not sure I buy it; the primary was dominated by election denying voters...who chose their candidate.

Return to “POLITICS”