All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Catbird

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Catbird »

What they meant is that they are bringing his phone and the hospital apartment has a TV which can get Fox News.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:36 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:15 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:55 pm That's a pretty bad mistake by Fr. Jenkins, who by all accounts is a very fine person.

I did notice him at the ACB Rose Garden ceremony working the crowd (like everyone else there) maskless. Obviously appropriate to be there and supporting ACB -- that's a huge deal for ND.

But as ND president, Jenkins has been locking down his students and posting security guards and state troopers outside the isolation dorms to keep kids from breaking Q. And his football team had to cancel a game last weekend because of a Covid spike. So a big time do as I say, not as I do. Thought the same thing about HHS Secy Azar being maskless at same ceremony.

Especially bad since ND goes out of its way to be welcoming to both lefties and righties. Pence, Barr, Biden and Obama are all recent speakers at ND. All got protested fyi.

Trump just corrupts everything he touches.

PS You can see the maskless Jenkins in the background of the video of maskless Mike Lee hugging people. ACB Rose Garden ceremony becoming a super spreader event...?
Trump is a black hole.....virtually everything he touches is ruined....virtually everything....

Does it occur to our fevered Democratic friends here that none of these people are dying from the virus? Tom Hanks and Chris Cuomo look fine to me.

Does it occur to Mr. Goebbels that Nearly 210,000 of these individuals have died from the virus??

Not FROM the virus, but “with the virus”.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:40 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 pm Could Kayleigh McEnany just give it a rest?

She said that Trump will be working from the presidential office at Walter Reed.

Please. There are no presidential officers at the hospital.
Yes there is, it is like an apartment.
or.......they could just set one up and call it the POTUSA's office.

Or....we could care about big boy stuff, instead of repeating comments that you thought were snarky with accuracy. snarkracy........you go, and go., on Vox, WashPost or someones twatt.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:38 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:04 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:57 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:47 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:31 pm
Does it occur to our fevered Democratic friends here that none of these people are dying from the virus? Tom Hanks and Chris Cuomo look fine to me.
Sorry, doesn't work.
But even Herman Cain is still tweeting!
I'm surprised our FL idiot hasn't told us yet that Cain died of old age at 74. Nobody dies from Covid 19. Well, just 6%.
Our other poster would say he lived long enough. Even at 60 you should clear the way for young people.
I'm 72 & at risk. I don't expect the world to stop to protect me.
Just keep the dog park open, curbside pickup available & keep your distance.
Not sure the world stopped for anyone.
I'm not asking the world to stop, either. But I am asking those who equate mask wearing with a impingement on their freedom to stop the childishness and show some respect for others. If you can move over slightly when driving as you pass by a bicyclist you can show by wearing a mask the same respect when in public places where physically distancing is impossible.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

They parked Marine One so close to the White House it is practically in the foyer; clearly set up to block any view; probably not good.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:51 pm
Sorry, doesn't work.
I'm surprised our FL idiot hasn't told us yet that Cain died of old age at 74. Nobody dies from Covid 19. Well, just 6%.
Our other poster would say he lived long enough. Even at 60 you should clear the way for young people.
I'm not asking the world to stop, either. But I am asking those who equate mask wearing with a impingement on their freedom to stop the childishness and show some respect for others. If you can move over slightly when driving as you pass by a bicyclist you can show by wearing a mask the same respect when in public places where physically distancing is impossible.
South Park made fun of people like you, too.

So, masks do not work on inhalation, only exhalation ?

OSHA has guidelines, much stricker, for jobs that require masks. Gee, why IS that? You run or ride a bike ? wearing a mask?

Or, rather, you are cool with the idea of walking around with a mask, only to take it off while sitting downwind from complete strangers, who ordered the fish tacos and avacado toast......makes "scientific" sense? seriously.

How many people can NOT take an MRI in the USA ? yeah, masks do not affect people with conditions.....but, go ahead, be the bigot. judge.
ABV 8.3%

BIGOTS

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Here you go BIGOTS.

mask shame all you want. And that number are just for the ones that need an MRI. Who, among healthy or uninjured 25 years olds need a MRI? judge all you want. bigots.

Thus, prevention of MR imaging by claustrophobia is a common problem and approximately 2,000,000 MR procedures worldwide cannot be completed due to this situation. Patients with claustrophobic anxiety are more likely to be frightened and experience a feeling of confinement or being closed in during MR imaging.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... %20imaging.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Sorry, doesn't work.

No one cares that you wear a mask.

But when you wear a mask inside your car alone or when strolling on the beach with no one in sight, we reserve the right to think you’re a nutty Democrat. Fair?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Catbird wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:54 pm They parked Marine One so close to the White House it is practically in the foyer; clearly set up to block any view; probably not good.

Carson composite blades on that helo. Most expensive rotor machine in the world.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I care that he wears a mask. It identifies him as a base level citizen who recognizes the social contract. I recognize PB’s comment as the sad, sad effort of a tiny-minded troll.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sorry, doesn't work.
Some people don't move over for bicyclists either...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:42 pm
Sorry, doesn't work.
sometimes, your tounge up my butt cheeks feels good.....but NOT this time. Unless you do NOT want your sardonic tone to be taken for what it really is: arrogant and ignorant
I believe we shut down 52% or 62%.

One data point: https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/c ... 2020-04-05

Most of my clients saw a small dip and have recovered. Supply chain disruption was the biggest headwind. Some industries disproportionately impacted and even some retail just shift to a different channel. It wasn’t easy but the world didn’t stop. It changed. Maintain social distance and wear a mask ( not a gaiter).
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:43 pm There is an area designated for the president, but it is not an “office.”

Please. Does she think we are stupid? She is showing her youth and inexperience. Those of us who are decades and decades older than her apparently know a lot more about Walter Reed than she does.
Not to be disrespectful, but why is this "office" issue a thing for you? I've actually had medical procedures done at WR, and honestly could not understand the need to explain how stupid people are ,which you are doing, regarding the "office", when, the vast majority of us, could care less. Again, why IS this issue important for you?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:33 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:43 pm There is an area designated for the president, but it is not an “office.”

Please. Does she think we are stupid? She is showing her youth and inexperience. Those of us who are decades and decades older than her apparently know a lot more about Walter Reed than she does.
Not to be disrespectful, but why is this "office" issue a thing for you? I've actually had medical procedures done at WR, and honestly could not understand the need to explain how stupid people are ,which you are doing, regarding the "office", when, the vast majority of us, could care less. Again, why IS this issue important for you?
Why is it not important for you? Is it because it’s only one branch of government?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:30 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:42 pm
Sorry, doesn't work.
sometimes, your tounge up my butt cheeks feels good.....but NOT this time. Unless you do NOT want your sardonic tone to be taken for what it really is: arrogant and ignorant
I believe we shut down 52% or 62%.
aaahh.....that feels better. Did I evah tell you the story of another tire rim job, done by a former ok, now not, but still on tv, news anchor.

why do you bother, with this important stuff, to put the scream mask on
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Why is it not important for you? Is it because it’s only one branch of government?
What? I know I just took my "medicine" to get ready to stretch and put myself thru some pain.......but WHAT?

short version. NJbill calling someone stupid because, good golley, doesn't EVERYONE know that Walter Reed doesn't have a "presidential office".

And me politely telling him who gives a flying foxtrot unicorn charlie kilo
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 pm

What? I know I just took my "medicine" to get ready to stretch and put myself thru some pain.......but WHAT?

short version. NJbill calling someone stupid because, good golley, doesn't EVERYONE know that Walter Reed doesn't have a "presidential office".

And me politely telling him who gives a flying foxtrot unicorn charlie kilo

You asked why did he care.... why don’t you care is just as valid a question.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:31 pm Mild symptoms yet... flying to Walter Reade, trying numerous drugs including some experimental drugs, and the biggest red flag of all, no tweets in 16 hours. Smells like there may be more to this Covid announcement than just "mild symptoms".
Zeke Emanuel, provost at Trump's alma mater Penn:
You do not give a patient -- much less the President of the United States -- a drug that is not yet approved by the FDA (to say nothing of one with "mild symptoms").

Unsurprisingly, the Trump WH is not being forthright to the American people about the health of their President.
jhu72

Re: BIGOTS

Post by jhu72 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:09 pm Here you go BIGOTS.

mask shame all you want. And that number are just for the ones that need an MRI. Who, among healthy or uninjured 25 years olds need a MRI? judge all you want. bigots.

Thus, prevention of MR imaging by claustrophobia is a common problem and approximately 2,000,000 MR procedures worldwide cannot be completed due to this situation. Patients with claustrophobic anxiety are more likely to be frightened and experience a feeling of confinement or being closed in during MR imaging.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... %20imaging.
In the US and most of the first world it is a smaller problem than you are making it in good sized medical centers. Yes people, some, suffer severe claustrophobia. The MRI problem has numerous solutions however, including sedation, head only scanners, extremity scanners, whole body CT Scanners (which are far less claustrophobic), etc. These don't solve all problems, but probably most. If you have the problem, see if sedation is a possibility given your condition.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:22 pm I care that he wears a mask. It identifies him as a base level citizen who recognizes the social contract. I recognize PB’s comment as the sad, sad effort of a tiny-minded troll.
So, when I cared that NONE of the candidates, and Wallace the Small, were wearing masks? Indoors? Found it to be a problem. You?

Or rather, whom does that look, indentify with? The look of our "leaders" not wearing masks, no matter what party or infotainment. exactly

Return to “POLITICS”