2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:07 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:58 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:11 pm Florida maintains probably the best voting system in the country. Your previous assertion that Florida allows zero-guardrail ballot harvesting was laughable.
:lol: It is, is it.

Here's a riddle, Pete: there are 10 people in assisted living. Each of their votes arrives on time at the appropriate election station.

Tell me: who mailed the ballots? One of the ten? Ten of the ten?

Good luck.

This, btw, is how I can tell your team isn't serious about this issue. You don't spend even five minutes thinking through voting scenarios. It's hilarious, and reveals your true motive.
That’s ballot harvesting. If you can’t get to the polling station, you shouldn’t be allowed to vote. And votes should only be counted during the 24 hours of the election day. Open polls at midnight and close them at 3:00 pm and the rest of the day should be dedicated to counting votes for just that day.
... and count white male votes first. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Krysten Sinema has a big problem. Especially if Warnock wins, which I think is very likely. No democrat will stand with her. The entire Arizona party is fed up with her behavior. She is going to be primaried by the party faithful I suspect in 24. She will need to tow the line in the upcoming congress, or she is done I suspect. Arizona democrats have sufficient talent and experience in the House to replace her.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

ahh, but there's always a seat on the board of the Cyber Ninjas awaiting a talent such as Krysten's...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:15 pm Krysten Sinema has a big problem. Especially if Warnock wins, which I think is very likely. No democrat will stand with her. The entire Arizona party is fed up with her behavior. She is going to be primaried by the party faithful I suspect in 24. She will need to tow the line in the upcoming congress, or she is done I suspect. Arizona democrats have sufficient talent and experience in the House to replace her.

Amazing.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:15 pm Krysten Sinema has a big problem. Especially if Warnock wins, which I think is very likely. No democrat will stand with her. The entire Arizona party is fed up with her behavior. She is going to be primaried by the party faithful I suspect in 24. She will need to tow the line in the upcoming congress, or she is done I suspect. Arizona democrats have sufficient talent and experience in the House to replace her.
She’ll have sucked up enough donations to live quite comfortably, I suspect.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
ggait

Post by ggait »

Ballot harvesting is just the latest, bull shirt, rat forking, non-issue, boogie-man that fascist MAGAs have been conspiracy-ing in an effort to suppress valid votes. Particularly from black, brown, young voters.

Note, by the way, the fraud-ster illegal ballot harvesting historically has been done by Republicans (see recent NC election that had to be re-run due to illegal GOP harvesting).

As always, Colorado has a normal rational law on the books about this non-issue.

A Colorado voter can have their ballot returned by "any person of the elector's own choice." So a friend, neighbor, family member is just fine. Only restriction (reasonable) is that "no person other than a duly authorized agent of the county clerk and recorder or designated election official may receive more than ten mail ballots in any election for mailing or delivery."

Simple, sane, normal, no rat-forking. Completely non-controversial in practice.

But in rat-forking states (like Arizona), they put all kinds of fly-specking dumb restrictions in place to create problems where none exist. In AZ only family member, household member or caregiver of the voter is allowed. So neighbors or friends are illegal. Why?

That's BULL SHIRT!!!!
Last edited by ggait on Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:17 pm Krysten Sinema has a big problem. Especially if Warnock wins, which I think is very likely. No democrat will stand with her. The entire Arizona party is fed up with her behavior. She is going to be primaried by the party faithful I suspect in 24. She will need to tow the line in the upcoming congress, or she is done I suspect. Arizona democrats have sufficient talent and experience in the House to replace her.
With such a narrow house majority, MTG is the new Joe Manchin.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy than My Kevin. :lol:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:28 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:17 pm Krysten Sinema has a big problem. Especially if Warnock wins, which I think is very likely. No democrat will stand with her. The entire Arizona party is fed up with her behavior. She is going to be primaried by the party faithful I suspect in 24. She will need to tow the line in the upcoming congress, or she is done I suspect. Arizona democrats have sufficient talent and experience in the House to replace her.

Ruben Gallego, an AZ (D) Congressman recently reelected, excoriated her on one of the Sunday Blather shows, saying she never showed her face or did anything in support of anyone's race. She really is an insufferable little sh*t.
elonmuskrockefeller

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:35 pm

Ruben Gallego, an AZ (D) Congressman recently reelected, excoriated her on one of the Sunday Blather shows, saying she never showed her face or did anything in support of anyone's race. She really is an insufferable little sh*t.

It ain't my battle, but it amazes me that you guys say this stuff about Sinema. She's a very sane legislator who votes about 95% of the time with Democrats; for comparison, Mitt Romney votes far far less with Republicans, like 60%. And, it's not as if she goes off the deep end like an MTG.

She just happens to be less vocally leftist than you. To then say she's an "insufferable little sh*t" seems ridiculous. You'll end up chasing her into the waiting arms of Mitch McConnell, which okay fine, but how about turning down the volume on the personal insults? Seriously.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:40 pm

It ain't my battle, but it amazes me that you guys say this stuff about Sinema. She's a very sane legislator who votes about 95% of the time with Democrats; for comparison, Mitt Romney votes far far less with Republicans, like 60%. And, it's not as if she goes off the deep end like an MTG.

She just happens to be less vocally leftist than you. To then say she's an "insufferable little sh*t" seems ridiculous. You'll end up chasing her into the waiting arms of Mitch McConnell, which okay fine, but how about turning down the volume on the personal insults? Seriously.
Isn't a term such as that defined by one of our fellow posters as hateful and mysogynistic? The term " insufferable little chit" was similar to how I described RBG and witnessed first hand some posters on this forum lose their freaking minds. Every other Republican serving on the SCOTUS is fair game, you can even say one of them was credibly accused of rape.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
elonmuskrockefeller

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:09 pm

Isn't a term such as that defined by one of our fellow posters as hateful and mysogynistic?

It blows my mind that anyone would call Sinema an 'insufferable little sh*t' when she agrees with them 95% of the time, but the tiny 5% only when she implores her party to not spend as much. Amazing stuff.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:13 pm

Isn't a term such as that defined by one of our fellow posters as hateful and mysogynistic?

It blows my mind that anyone would call Sinema an 'insufferable little sh*t' when she agrees with them 95% of the time, but the tiny 5% only when she implores her party to not spend as much. Amazing stuff.
You're assuming that everyone who disagrees with you is a liberal.

If you listened to those in both parties? There's no such thing as an American moderate. Or such thing as single issue voters.

It's why folks don't understand the trolling-----you're at a site that caters to overeducated lacrosse fans. The odds of finding an actual leftie----not a center leftie, but a real leftie------are tiny. And most here can't stand Trumpism, which has NOTHING to do with conservative values.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that someone that's just one step to the left of you isn't simply center right.
ggait

Post by ggait »

AZ is the perfect data set to demonstrate how awful MAGA Trumpster candidates do in general elections. Which is bad -- thank god.

AZ had 9 congressional districts this go round -- 3 strong Biden, 3 strong Trump, 3 competitive.

GOP won 6/9 House races including all 3 competitive districts. GOP Treasurer won statewide by double digits at 55%

Yet on the same ballot, MAGA denier Master, MAGA denier Finchem and MAGA denier Lake all lose.

Good chance that the normies that the MAGAs beat at GOP primary time would have won fairly easily. Term limited Gov. Doug Ducey would have given Kelly a run for the money. Too bad Orange Cheeto black balled Ducey for his failure to lie about (and illegally fix) the 2020 election.

Thumbs down from John McCain!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Isn't a term such as that defined by one of our fellow posters as hateful and mysogynistic? The term " insufferable little chit" was similar to how I described RBG and witnessed first hand some posters on this forum lose their freaking minds. Every other Republican serving on the SCOTUS is fair game, you can even say one of them was credibly accused of rape.
no, you called her ugly and compared her to the TV comedy star who purposely made herself look nebbish. Sexist.

different.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:50 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:13 pm

You're assuming that everyone who disagrees with you is a liberal.

If you listened to those in both parties? There's no such thing as an American moderate. Or such thing as single issue voters.

It's why folks don't understand the trolling-----you're at a site that caters to overeducated lacrosse fans. The odds of finding an actual leftie----not a center leftie, but a real leftie------are tiny. And most here can't stand Trumpism, which has NOTHING to do with conservative values.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that someone that's just one step to the left of you isn't simply center right.
Petey ain't overeducated nor did he play lacrosse in college, nor did he have any family members who did, or kids doing so, nor did he go to a college with a lax team...so, why is he here other than to troll and insult?

Shouldn't we go back to ignoring him?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... yup, republiCON House politics is gonna be a real hoot the next few years. There are at least 6 that are in Biden blue districts that can't afford the Maga nonsense if they intend to be re-elected. The dems have deals they can make. Word is Kevin is trying to make deals with the dems. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Mark Kelley apparently (rumored) backed up Gallego in private.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... How about Liz Cheney as Speaker of the House? :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kari Lake just lost. She is down 20K and there are not enough votes for her to catch Hobbs. This is more than Biden won by in AZ. Just called by NBC.

Return to “POLITICS”