The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:29 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:53 am President Biden reinstated the largest oil and gas lease sale in U.S. history, essentially steamrolling the need for environmental review, by signing the Inflation Reduction Act into law on Tuesday.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bi ... ation-bill
Fox now supports Biden??? :lol: ;)
Apparently. More MAJOR points for Biden....Biden appointed Dr. Rochelle Walensky, and she just announced an overhaul to the CDC in reaction to what some say was a bad performance during Covid.

So if you complained about the CDC during Covid? Biden just did you a solid.

The CDC's director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, told the agency's staff about the changes, which include internal staffing moves and steps to speed up data releases.

"For 75 years, CDC and public health have been preparing for COVID-19, and in our big moment, our performance did not reliably meet expectations," she said in a statement obtained by The Washington Post. "My goal is a new, public health action-oriented culture at CDC that emphasizes accountability, collaboration, communication, and timeliness."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-dire ... ons-report
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:41 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:53 am President Biden reinstated the largest oil and gas lease sale in U.S. history, essentially steamrolling the need for environmental review, by signing the Inflation Reduction Act into law on Tuesday.

Apparently. More MAJOR points for Biden....Biden appointed Dr. Rochelle Walensky, and she just announced an overhaul to the CDC in reaction to what some say was a bad performance during Covid.

The CDC's director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, told the agency's staff about the changes, which include internal staffing moves and steps to speed up data releases.

"For 75 years, CDC and public health have been preparing for COVID-19, and in our big moment, our performance did not reliably meet expectations," she said in a statement obtained by The Washington Post. "My goal is a new, public health action-oriented culture at CDC that emphasizes accountability, collaboration, communication, and timeliness."

ALL I can say is wow! I never thought I would see a federal agency actually held accountable again in my lifetime.

.... but the skeptic in me says, let's see what really happens.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:54 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:41 pm

ALL I can say is wow! I never thought I would see a federal agency actually held accountable again in my lifetime.

.... but the skeptic in me says, let's see what really happens.
The skeptic in you is wise.

That said----credit due for the ReOrganization. They're not easy to do, and the CDC has 10K employees.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Everyone forgets that the dumpster earned his chops in the big apple by throwing his money at the FLP folks who never griped about the dumpster when he was writing checks to their campaigns. I still am enamored by the picture of Bill and Hillary smiling with the dumpster at his wedding reception. The Clintons always cashed his checks but never really knew who the dumpster was. :roll: It is possible, given the Clintons history, they knew exactly who the dumpster was. They are all kindred spirits. They will all lie, cheat or steal to get what they want. If only the Clinton people could have convinced the dumpster for a midnight meeting at Ft Marcy Park?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Orange Cheeto was just fine, amusing even, in his “lane” as a Page 6 Playboy and ersatz real estate “tycoon”. It’s when he decided to get into politics that the wheels came off and it wasn’t funny anymore. If he’d be content going back to that life (even getting street cred with a stint in the slammer) then FINE…but his insistence at tearing up our democracy and deepening this toxic political climate, makes him an enemy of FLPs everywhere. FRC like cradle love the guy, so it’s instructive to watch the bromance evolve. Will he stop picking up trash and pick up a pitchfork when Cheeto gets indicted?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:13 am Orange Cheeto was just fine, amusing even, in his “lane” as a Page 6 Playboy and ersatz real estate “tycoon”. It’s when he decided to get into politics that the wheels came off and it wasn’t funny anymore. If he’d be content going back to that life (even getting street cred with a stint in the slammer) then FINE…but his insistence at tearing up our democracy and deepening this toxic political climate, makes him an enemy of FLPs everywhere. FRC like cradle love the guy, so it’s instructive to watch the bromance evolve. Will he stop picking up trash and pick up a pitchfork when Cheeto gets indicted?

Your up bright and early this morning sunshine. Where the eff in your pea size brain do you come up with the asinine idea I love the dumpster? He was a freaking rodeo clown the NYC DemocRATs loved when he was handing out the Benjamins to NYC DemocRATs. I always chuckle that it took the dumpster to beat the queen of evil in the election for POTUS. I wonder if the dumpster had secretly invested millions of dollars in companies that manufacture lamps? Alot of lamps sacrificed their lives on that fateful November night when the queen of evil lost the election to the king of corruption. If there had been a swear jar in that hotel suite the queen of evil could have reduced our nations debt by 50% :D
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Come on Cranky, we ALL know you're in the closet with Donnie DoucheBag (to torture the metaphor)...he riles up the FPL's WAY more than you ever could...although you try every day to out-do him. :lol:

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:22 am If there had been a swear jar in that hotel suite the queen of evil could have reduced our nations debt by 50%
Ain't that the truth....knowing some that spent time around her while in the WH and DoS, she put the proverbial 'sailor swearing' to shame. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Solution to the Trump Judge Problem Nobody Wants to Talk About
"...the problem is not just the extreme and heinous flaws in Cannon’s ruling. It’s also the Trump-shaped world in which Cannon operates, with impunity, which we will all have to endure for the foreseeable future. It’s the brutal reality that we may face a steady stream of depraved decisions like Cannon’s for the rest of our lives—and the pain of hearing from every quarter that nothing can be done to remedy it.

We watched the same pattern play out at the end of this last Supreme Court term. One case after another blew up decades of existing precedent and tests and doctrine and replaced them with Rorschach exams that transformed contemporary Republican policies into constitutional law. Smart lawyers dutifully digested these opinions and set to work figuring out just how the EPA, or public school districts, or state legislatures that want to stop mass shootings can plausibly work around these new tests. And of course, were we living in a rational regime in which the rule of law governed, that would make perfect sense. But if the last term at the Supreme Court and indeed Cannon’s baffling new order mean anything, they signify that in this new age of legal Calvinball, one side invents new “rules” and then the other scrambles to try to play by them. For every single legal thinker who read the Mar-a-Lago order to mean, quite correctly, that ex-presidents are above the law, furrowing your brow and pointing out its grievous errors only takes you halfway there. The better question is what, if anything, do you propose to do about it? The furrowing is cathartic, but it’s also not a plan.

If there were a principle that best embodies why progressives are losing ground so quickly—even as they are correct on the facts, and the law, and the zeitgeist—it must be this tendency to just keep on lawyering the other side’s bad law in the hopes that the lawyering itself will make all the bad faith and crooked law go away. But for those who are genuinely worried that democracy will rise or fall based on whether a case lands before their judges or others, merely explaining legal flaws in pointillist detail isn’t an answer. And soberly explaining that Cannon was wrong about most stuff but correct about two things is decidedly not an answer, either. You do not, under any circumstances, have to hand it to them.

It is not a stand-alone answer to point out that Cannon was a Trump pick—a member of the extremely not-neutral Federalist Society, seated after Trump lost the election—or that the former president’s lawyers forum-shopped in order to get this case in front of her. It also doesn’t help to note that Cannon herself acknowledged the proper venue to adjudicate the executive privilege claims made in this case (which are on their face absurd) is in fact in a different court in D.C., where Cannon has no jurisdiction and where Trump did not make his case. Nor is it an answer to note that federal judges have literally no constitutional authority to stop an ongoing criminal investigation in its tracks, as Cannon purported to do, rendering her decision an imperious assault on the separation of powers. That, too, is an accurate description of the problem. Stating that, too, is not a solution.

Until and unless those of us who are shocked and horrified at lawless rulings by lawless Trump judges are prepared to propose structural solutions, the aggregated effect of criticizing their rulings won’t be to restore the rule of law or even to restore public confidence in the rule of law. The aggregated effect will be just to confirm that we will all be living under the thumb of Donald Trump’s lifetime-appointed hacks for many decades.
Expanding the courts and judicial term limits are a couple things discussed in the piece. That we HAVE to discuss them at all is a product of this "experiment" gone wrong. Putting Donald Trump in the Oval Office was a MASSIVE mistake that the country will struggle under for decades.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:26 am Come on Cranky, we ALL know you're in the closet with Donnie DoucheBag (to torture the metaphor)...he riles up the FPL's WAY more than you ever could...although you try every day to out-do him. :lol:

Really Dis?? You must have psychotic abilities I am unaware of. I will admit, I preferred the dumpster over your girlfriend the queen of evil. In my world trump winds up in a jail cell with Bubba having his way with him. :o
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:57 amReally Dis?? You must have psychotic abilities I am unaware of. I will admit, I preferred the dumpster over your girlfriend the queen of evil. In my world trump winds up in a jail cell with Bubba having his way with him. :o
You got me there, Cranky...you agree with my wife that i have very powerful "PSYCHOTIC" abilities... :lol: :lol:

:shock: :shock:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:57 amReally Dis?? You must have psychotic abilities I am unaware of. I will admit, I preferred the dumpster over your girlfriend the queen of evil. In my world trump winds up in a jail cell with Bubba having his way with him. :o
You got me there, Cranky...you agree with my wife that i have very powerful "PSYCHOTIC" abilities... :lol: :lol:

I agree: dis has psychotic capabilities. They are just not honed enough yet.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:47 am

I agree: dis has psychotic capabilities. They are just not honed enough yet.
:lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So another kudo for Brandon --> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 3c9414826b He just needs to carry through.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I've always just thought you were just flat out PSYCHOTIC. That is a trait we both share.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I think Miss Teen South Carolina could beat Kamala in a debate: :lol:

Start at 21:50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8GPOtUL5aM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:55 pm I think Miss Teen South Carolina could beat Kamala in a debate: :lol:

Yeah, no. But "nice" try.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:55 pm I think Miss Teen South Carolina could beat Kamala in a debate: :lol:

ouch...Miss Teen South Carolina...wow.
Talk about a failed education...

I actually thought that was one of the VP's better interviews, though unfortunately she just doesn't come across as genuine...always looks like she's trying to say things super carefully. Even when her points are valid and reasonable, it feels awkward and defensive. She's best when she goes on offense, lets a little passion through, but she's quite awful when she's on the defensive.

And what was the problem with simply saying, "no, the border is not secure...and the Republicans want it to be that way, they want the political issue...we Democrats and this administration have proposals to address our broken immigration system, to reduce the pressures on immigrants to leave their home countries, that would dramatically improve the situation, but the Republicans won't step up...what are their solutions? A wall that won't work? Yeah, that's why they want a wall, they know it won't work and they can just keep complaining and fear mongering...we actually want to address the problem, but the do nothing Republicans won't help."

She was better when she and Chuck were walking, when she loosened up and wasn't so stiff.

She ain't my choice.

Give me Pete.

BTW, I think Republicans really should be challenged on those grounds...it was not that long ago (at least to this old Republican) that a bunch of Republicans were darn close to agreeing to real immigration reform. That's where the solutions lie, in compromise, not fear mongering.

Return to “POLITICS”