Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
SU-LAXAHOLIC

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by SU-LAXAHOLIC »

It maybe Markey is looking for more scholarship money she is very much still involved with her Syracuse teammates take a look around instagram. People read into and speculate way to much she is a tremendous player who spent the last 2 years hampered with injuries I loved watching her play and wish her nothing but the best
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

SU-LAXAHOLIC wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:11 pm It maybe Markey is looking for more scholarship money she is very much still involved with her Syracuse teammates take a look around instagram. People read into and speculate way to much she is a tremendous player who spent the last 2 years hampered with injuries I loved watching her play and wish her nothing but the best
Of course she is They live together and are friends that has nothing to do with anything
You people assume you know everything because you’re a fan? Does/did your daughter play there? You have no idea what goes on between coaches and players
Markey found a home Where I said So don’t say idk what I’m talking about
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:53 pm
SU-LAXAHOLIC wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:11 pm It maybe Markey is looking for more scholarship money she is very much still involved with her Syracuse teammates take a look around instagram. People read into and speculate way to much she is a tremendous player who spent the last 2 years hampered with injuries I loved watching her play and wish her nothing but the best
Of course she is They live together and are friends that has nothing to do with anything
You people assume you know everything because you’re a fan? Does/did your daughter play there? You have no idea what goes on between coaches and players
It's a little message board about lacrosse; why so much apparent anger and derision at the offering of different opinions, takes, surmises, etc. on this young woman? She was a very able player for Syracuse; as a fan, sorry to see her go. As a human, wondering why. That's all.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:34 pm
It's a little message board about lacrosse; why so much apparent anger and derision at the offering of different opinions, takes, surmises, etc. on this young woman? She was a very able player for Syracuse; as a fan, sorry to see her go. As a human, wondering why. That's all.
We will keep spitting out the wisdom, some will take it, some will keep denying it due to the ORANGE kool-aid (i.e. there is no way Markey was unhappy, not with my Syracuse, blah, blah, blah...). She is heading south, very far south, and is happy to leave the Cuse staff behind. Again, was relegated to defense with KT and that was going to continue. Friends are friends, but many of them are done and moving on as well so she said...see ya later, I'm out!
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

intheknow247 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:13 pm
We will keep spitting out the wisdom, some will take it, some will keep denying it due to the ORANGE kool-aid (i.e. there is no way Markey was unhappy, not with my Syracuse, blah, blah, blah...). She is heading south, very far south, and is happy to leave the Cuse staff behind. Again, was relegated to defense with KT and that was going to continue. Friends are friends, but many of them are done and moving on as well so she said...see ya later, I'm out!
Wanting to go "very far south" after dealing with a few Syracuse winters is not a shocking development. :lol: :lol:

Joe
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Not really a transfer but UNC with another addition of Alice Ripper. Graduate midfielder from England
whyamihere

Post by whyamihere »

uncfan1013 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:03 pm Not really a transfer but UNC with another addition of Alice Ripper. Graduate midfielder from England
any relation to Jack?
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

UNC has either followed or already gotten these following players/transfers:

Nicole Humphrey (USC > UNC - Confirmed)
Alice Ripper (England > UNC - Confirmed)
Olivia Vergano (VT > Followed)
Sarah Gresham (VT > Followed)
Julia Ford (Brown > Followed)
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

uncfan1013 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:16 pm UNC has either followed or already gotten these following players/transfers:

Gresham is confirmed. IL updated their transfer portal page.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

whyamihere wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:09 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:03 pm Not really a transfer but UNC with another addition of Alice Ripper. Graduate midfielder from England
any relation to Jack?
😂😂
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:24 pm
intheknow247 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:13 pm
Wanting to go "very far south" after dealing with a few Syracuse winters is not a shocking development. :lol: :lol:

Joe
It snowed 36 days in a row my first year in graduate school there, and vicious cold. It was brutal dragging one's as* out of bed to get to an 8:00 AM class. If wet, your hair might crack off during the stroll to class.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

hmmm wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:25 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:16 pm UNC has either followed or already gotten these following players/transfers:

I just can’t see how kids keep committing to schools like UNC. It’s probably a 75% chance you don’t play.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:12 pm
hmmm wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:25 pm

I just can’t see how kids keep committing to schools like UNC. It’s probably a 75% chance you don’t play.
Not really. This will be a young inexperienced team next year so players like Ripper, Vergano, Ford and Humphrey have way more experience and can be good players. Also, this midfield struggled with depth & form from injuries so it’s great we are getting way more depth in the midfield area
DMac

Post by DMac »

Your partner cheated on you with a Cuse laxer?
You were denied admission to Cuse?
Lot of ugliness from you.
intheknow247 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:13 pm We will keep spitting out the wisdom, some will take it, some will keep denying it due to the ORANGE kool-aid (i.e. there is no way Markey was unhappy, not with my Syracuse, blah, blah, blah...).
No one ever said any such thing.
Never started hanging out in Cuse
til I was nearly 40, have never drunk
the kool-aid, just a fan of a couple of
pretty good lax programs here (and
that fandom didn't start with wlax,
believe me).
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Ohio State announced two transfers- Torrres the goalie and an attack from USF. USF is losing them as fast as they are bringing them in. Torres is a nice pickup for them. Not sure on the attack.
Strictnine

Post by Strictnine »

Many, not all, of the USF departures are due to the realization that there may be very little play time for them, made worse for them by USF bringing in some well established attackers thru the portal. I believe all the departures have been young attackers.
laxbro4567

Post by laxbro4567 »

Strictnine wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:54 am Many, not all, of the USF departures are due to the realization that there may be very little play time for them, made worse for them by USF bringing in some well established attackers thru the portal. I believe all the departures have been young attackers.
This is not the reason for the departures…seems like it had to do with the staff.
Laxfan212

Post by Laxfan212 »

laxbro4567 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:00 pm
Strictnine wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:54 am Many, not all, of the USF departures are due to the realization that there may be very little play time for them, made worse for them by USF bringing in some well established attackers thru the portal. I believe all the departures have been young attackers.
This is not the reason for the departures…seems like it had to do with the staff.
any chance you can elaborate - what about the staff?
Strictnine

Post by Strictnine »

We must be getting different intel it appears.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Gonna say it’s a little of both. Coaches warned 2024s that some of the kids wouldn’t be making it. So they are abandoning ship. Once they grabbed Chep they changed their plan and remember, they committed 21 2024s when they started.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”