Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU77

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by CU77 »

You think they couldn't defend themselves in your clip?

And what was the point of your clip anyway???
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:36 pm You think they couldn't defend themselves in your clip?
If you have to ask that question, you clearly do not get it. People have been arrested for doing far less than that. You tell me why the cops did not defend themselves or arrest them for something as simple as disorderly conduct?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU77

Post by CU77 »

There is not nearly enough info in that video to determine context. If the police arrested everyone who behaved like a generally harmless idiot (and throwing water around on a hot day is pretty harmless), we'd all be in jail.

I'd like to read the police report before coming to any judgment, wouldn't you?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:20 pm
CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:36 pm You think they couldn't defend themselves in your clip?
If you have to ask that question, you clearly do not get it. People have been arrested for doing far less than that. You tell me why the cops did not defend themselves or arrest them for something as simple as disorderly conduct?
Those folks weren’t arrested? If not, I would assume the police don’t think it was a big deal for reasons you and I don’t know. The narrative you may be attempting to build is “the police are afraid to do their jobs because of fear of protest”....I thought arrests were made. If not, it’s possible the police have a good rapport with those folks and it was in fun. I don’t know. Would like to read the police report, if one was filed.
“I wish you would!”
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

This weekend alone…

3 people killed, 12 wounded in Gilroy, California.

3 people killed, 5 wounded in Baltimore, Maryland.

8 people killed, 40 wounded in Chicago, Illinois.

The common denominator? All gun control strongholds.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Ahhh, the laws did it.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Bandito wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:42 amThe common denominator? All gun control strongholds.
And all within easy driving distance of places without "strong" gun control.

And "strong" is not nearly strong enough.

EDIT: yep, Nevada purchase by the Gilroy terrorist:
Authorities say [the terrorist] killed three people, including a 6-year-old boy and a 13-year-old girl, at the Gilroy Garlic Festival with a rifle he legally purchased three weeks ago in Nevada.
I'm cutting his name because these fiends do not deserve to have their names remembered.

Oh, and he posted white-supremacy memes on insta just before:
An Instagram account, which was created four days ago under the suspect's name, posted two messages shortly before the attack began.

One included a photograph of people walking around the Garlic Festival with the words "Ayyy garlic festival time Come get wasted on overpriced sh**."

The other, which included a photo of Smokey the Bear holding a sign saying "Fire Danger High Today," stated: "Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white tw**s?"

A mestizo is a person of mixed descent, commonly white and Hispanic or white and American Indian. "Right is Might," first published in the late 1800s, has been described as a white supremacist text that promotes anarchy while vilifying Christianity. The book calls Jesus the "true Prince of Evil" and says that the natural order is a world at war in which the strong must vanquish the weak and white men must rule over those of color.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/us/food- ... index.html
CU88

Post by CU88 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:03 pm Ahhh, the laws did it.

r's to introduce ban on garlic festivals soon...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:03 pm Ahhh, the laws did it.

r's to introduce ban on garlic festivals soon...
:lol:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Hey, where are all the gun nuts to tell us that laws are useless, nobody obeys them anyway, and white supremacist terrorists need to protect their families from the gubmint just like everybody else!!!

#MAGA
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:37 pm
Bandito wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:42 amThe common denominator? All gun control strongholds.
And all within easy driving distance of places without "strong" gun control.

And "strong" is not nearly strong enough.

EDIT: yep, Nevada purchase by the Gilroy terrorist:
Authorities say [the terrorist] killed three people, including a 6-year-old boy and a 13-year-old girl, at the Gilroy Garlic Festival with a rifle he legally purchased three weeks ago in Nevada.
I'm cutting his name because these fiends do not deserve to have their names remembered.

Oh, and he posted white-supremacy memes on insta just before:
An Instagram account, which was created four days ago under the suspect's name, posted two messages shortly before the attack began.

One included a photograph of people walking around the Garlic Festival with the words "Ayyy garlic festival time Come get wasted on overpriced sh**."

The other, which included a photo of Smokey the Bear holding a sign saying "Fire Danger High Today," stated: "Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white tw**s?"

A mestizo is a person of mixed descent, commonly white and Hispanic or white and American Indian. "Right is Might," first published in the late 1800s, has been described as a white supremacist text that promotes anarchy while vilifying Christianity. The book calls Jesus the "true Prince of Evil" and says that the natural order is a world at war in which the strong must vanquish the weak and white men must rule over those of color.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/us/food- ... index.html

You’re a liar. No surprise as you’re a Democrat. Here’s some facts regarding mass shootings: 1. None are carried out by NRA members and a majority are carried out in gun free zones.

Colin Flaherty shows how wrong, racist against whites and ignorant you are.

Even before the final butcher's bill was presented for the Sunday-night mass shooting in Gilroy, the blue checkers and talking heads were filling their platforms with fairy tales that most mass shooters are white.

But in the two-week run-up to Gilroy, there were 36 other mass shootings from coast to coast — and 34 of those shooters were black. One was white and one Hispanic. These results echo a New York Times story from 2016 that stated, much to the surprise and chagrin of the reporters, that whenever there are three or more victims of gunfire, 75 percent of shooters in America are black.

Today, that number looks a bit generous to black sensibilities.

But numbers from the New York Times and ten stories from good ol' Colin this year documenting hundreds of black mass shootings did not do much to remove the blinders of those who insist mass shootings are a white thing.

"Here's a fact that republicans are too stupid to grasp," said Mark K (@MarkRK47) on Twitter. "Every mass shooting in the US is carried out by a white supremacist. Every. Single. One."

Sibel Edmonds (@SibelEdmonds) chimed in to at least admit the possibility that not all mass shooters are white: "One hard hitting fact: In the chronic USA mass shooting incidents, in 99+% of the cases, the perpetrators: White, Anglo-Saxon, Christian, Americans."

Salon, the Daily Beast, Mother Jones, and other staples of the mass media cannot spread these fairy tales fast enough. The facts tell a different story — the opposite story.

Anyone up for a magical mystery tour of mass shootings over the last two weeks where black people shot three or more people? (You can follow along on my video; just click here.

Let's start in Brooklyn on Saturday night and let the headlines tell the stories:

1. As many as 12 people shot in Brownsville, Brooklyn: Police.

2. In Philadelphia on July 28: 1 dead, 5 wounded in shooting during rap video production.

3. In Philadelphia on July 28: 6 shot in Southwest Philadelphia.

4. In Uniontown, Pa. on July 28: Multiple Uniontown shootings injure 4 people.

5. In Chicago on July 20: 7 shot in Lincoln Park near Fullerton Beach.

6. On Wichita on July 27: Wichita shooting, victim and suspect identified.

7. In Pembroke Park, Florida on July 27: 2 dead, 2 hospitalized after shooting at Pembroke.Parkauto shop.

8. In Memphis on July 24: Three people shot in Highland Heights.

9. In Baltimore on July 20: three injured in dice game shooting in Southwest Baltimore.

10. In South Bend, Indiana on July 21: Police identify man killed on Niles Avenue.

11. In Kansas City, Missouri on July 20: Police are investigating a triple shooting.

12. In San Antonio on July 16: 4 wounded in shooting.

13. In Fort Worth on July 17: 3 people shot on Berry Street in east Fort Worth.

14. In Racine, Wisconsin on July 28: Triple shooting overnight in Racine.

15. In Modesto, California on July 24: Triple shooting at Modesto Park leaves one dead.

16. In St. Louis on July 23: Police investigating triple shooting in North City.

17. In Chicago on July 28: Four shot in North Lawndale.

18. In Jersey City on July 20: Three people shot, one killed.

19. In St. Louis on July 26: Triple shooting leaves one in critical condition.

20. In Detroit on July 24: Persons of interest sought in Detroit triple shooting.

21. In Washington, D.C. on July 28: Early morning triple shooting in Shaw.

22. In Kansas City, Kansas on July 21: Neighbors found teen mortally wounded in triple shooting.

23. In Tulsa on July 18: Police identify 2 killed in shooting outside fitness center.

24. In Flint, Michigan on July 21: One woman dead, two hurt.

25. In Baltimore on July 21: Nine shot overnight in separate Baltimore shootings (one quadruple shooting).

26. In Essex, Maryland on July 28: Two men dead in triple shooting.

29. In Paterson, New Jersey on July 28: Three men shot on Saturday night.

30. In Washington D.C. on July 28: 4 shot near Howard Theatre.

31. In Chicago on July 18: Woman killed three others hurt on Garfield Park porch.

32. In North Charleston on July 22: Three people dead, one injured after shootings.

33. In Birmingham, Alabama on July 28: Three people shot near Ensley club.

34. In Chattanooga, Tennessee on July 25: 3rd suspect arrested in deadly Douglas Heights apartment shooting.

The day after the Gilroy shooting, Mayor Bill de Blasio was fielding questions from reporters about whether the Gilroy shooting resembled some of the recent mass shootings in New York, such as Brooklyn Saturday night.

Not all, said de Blasio. "We don't really count them that way."
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

No such thing as sensible gun control. Bad guys and evil governments will always have a advantage. Sensibility is owning guns.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 pm Hey, where are all the gun nuts to tell us that laws are useless, nobody obeys them anyway, and white supremacist terrorists need to protect their families from the gubmint just like everybody else!!!

#MAGA
Guns save lives. It is our God given right to own firearms to protect ourselves from psychos. Hundreds of millions of gun owners did not commit murder the other day. Cars kill more people than guns. Why not ban cars? Where’s your outcry over mass murder of blacks in the form of abortion? You really are terrible at this game. You get owned by facts every time.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

hooligan88 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 am No such thing as sensible gun control. Bad guys and evil governments will always have a advantage. Sensibility is owning guns.
Amen. Be prepared for the liberal quacks on here to come after you though. They hate being put in their place. Such sick, and sad individuals.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Who was it asked where the gun nuts were on this thread???
Ask and yee shall receive. :D

I've owned and used guns for most of my life, though primarily for hunting. Thankfully I haven't felt the need for a gun for protection, so have all weapons fully secured, but have had friends whose work put them and their families in a position where they felt it necessary, just in case.

The 'gun nuts' don't see the difference between legitimate gun use and assault weapons.
But then again, that's sorta the definition of 'nuts'.

For those who wish to use assault weapons for sport (target shooting etc), I'm all for having well regulated gun ranges providing access to those who pass appropriate checks. But the guns stay at the range, don't go to their basement where some truly deranged person can take it for a killing spree.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Karl Marx just called and wants to challenge you. ;) https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/w ... 50-ad1.htm

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:23 am Who was it asked where the gun nuts were on this thread???
Ask and yee shall receive. :D

I've owned and used guns for most of my life, though primarily for hunting. Thankfully I haven't felt the need for a gun for protection, so have all weapons fully secured, but have had friends whose work put them and their families in a position where they felt it necessary, just in case.

The 'gun nuts' don't see the difference between legitimate gun use and assault weapons.
But then again, that's sorta the definition of 'nuts'.

For those who wish to use assault weapons for sport (target shooting etc), I'm all for having well regulated gun ranges providing access to those who pass appropriate checks. But the guns stay at the range, don't go to their basement where some truly deranged person can take it for a killing spree.
What do you hunt? Do you have a tree stand on your property? (Everyone I know that lives in Maryland does. One even has three )

Also, what purpose and type of gun was used during NON-primarily times ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Bandito wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:05 am Let's start in Brooklyn on Saturday night and let the headlines tell the stories:

1. As many as 12 people shot in Brownsville, Brooklyn: Police.

2. In Philadelphia on July 28: 1 dead, 5 wounded in shooting during rap video production.

3. In Philadelphia on July 28: 6 shot in Southwest Philadelphia.

4. In Uniontown, Pa. on July 28: Multiple Uniontown shootings injure 4 people.

5. In Chicago on July 20: 7 shot in Lincoln Park near Fullerton Beach.

6. On Wichita on July 27: Wichita shooting, victim and suspect identified.

7. In Pembroke Park, Florida on July 27: 2 dead, 2 hospitalized after shooting at Pembroke.Parkauto shop.

8. In Memphis on July 24: Three people shot in Highland Heights.

9. In Baltimore on July 20: three injured in dice game shooting in Southwest Baltimore.

10. In South Bend, Indiana on July 21: Police identify man killed on Niles Avenue.

11. In Kansas City, Missouri on July 20: Police are investigating a triple shooting.

12. In San Antonio on July 16: 4 wounded in shooting.

13. In Fort Worth on July 17: 3 people shot on Berry Street in east Fort Worth.

14. In Racine, Wisconsin on July 28: Triple shooting overnight in Racine.

15. In Modesto, California on July 24: Triple shooting at Modesto Park leaves one dead.

16. In St. Louis on July 23: Police investigating triple shooting in North City.

17. In Chicago on July 28: Four shot in North Lawndale.

18. In Jersey City on July 20: Three people shot, one killed.

19. In St. Louis on July 26: Triple shooting leaves one in critical condition.

20. In Detroit on July 24: Persons of interest sought in Detroit triple shooting.

21. In Washington, D.C. on July 28: Early morning triple shooting in Shaw.

22. In Kansas City, Kansas on July 21: Neighbors found teen mortally wounded in triple shooting.

23. In Tulsa on July 18: Police identify 2 killed in shooting outside fitness center.

24. In Flint, Michigan on July 21: One woman dead, two hurt.

25. In Baltimore on July 21: Nine shot overnight in separate Baltimore shootings (one quadruple shooting).

26. In Essex, Maryland on July 28: Two men dead in triple shooting.

29. In Paterson, New Jersey on July 28: Three men shot on Saturday night.

30. In Washington D.C. on July 28: 4 shot near Howard Theatre.

31. In Chicago on July 18: Woman killed three others hurt on Garfield Park porch.

32. In North Charleston on July 22: Three people dead, one injured after shootings.

33. In Birmingham, Alabama on July 28: Three people shot near Ensley club.

34. In Chattanooga, Tennessee on July 25: 3rd suspect arrested in deadly Douglas Heights apartment shooting.
Seems like an excellent case for much stronger gun control to me.

Where are the 34 headlines over the same period showing a greater number of lives saved by private gun owners?

I'll wait for you to produce those.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

hooligan88 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 am No such thing as sensible gun control. Bad guys and evil governments will always have a advantage. Sensibility is owning guns.
It seems to me that if the evil gubmint wants to come after you, then they're not coming to your door with guns. They're going to blow up you, your family, your guns, and everything else in your house, with remote-guided missiles fired from drones hovering several miles away. That's how they do it now in Afghanistan and Iraq.

And if those guns you "sensibly" own are loaded and readily available (to quickly defend against the "bad guys"), it's far more likely that what will happen instead is that your kid is going to pick one up one day and accidentally shoot himself or some other kid.
Last edited by CU77 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Bandito wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:12 amGuns save lives.
Still waiting waiting waiting for those 34 headlines over the same few days …
Bandito wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:12 amIt is our God given right to own firearms
Not according to my religion.
Bandito wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:12 amWhere’s your outcry over mass murder of blacks in the form of abortion?
According to my religion, life begins at birth. That's why we celebrate BIRTHDAYS and not CONCEPTION DAYS.

Do we still have freedom of religion in this country, or are you going to jam yours down my throat?

Return to “POLITICS”