Live Game Action

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Lax101

Re: Live Game Action

Post by Lax101 »

Offense absolutely amazing but be careful Cuse fans. At some point excessive yellow cards, giving up excessive 8 meters, and taking shots when down 2 players might catch up with you. Something to be said for the value of discipline. Just saying...
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Fair analysis. They remind me of florida a bit with the bad penalties. Defense is still a huge question for sure including goalie play. The starters on O are elite but after that there's a huge drop. So maybe some depth issues as well. With that being said you're fonna have to score 13+ goals to beat cuse
DMac

Post by DMac »

No big disagreement there either but not shooting with two players down isn't etched in stone.
Game situation matters a lot, when you're controlling the draw, have a nice lead, got the mo
and a hot GK, I've got no problem with firing a good shot at the cage when you've got a good
look. Different situation and Adamson probably doesn't take that shot.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Is this what it sounds like when announcers are over caffeinated?

BC’s ball mvt is excellent.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Plus, they are, shall we say, a bit lacking in knowledge. Hall is a lefty? Ugh.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Lax101 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:39 am Offense absolutely amazing but be careful Cuse fans. At some point excessive yellow cards, giving up excessive 8 meters, and taking shots when down 2 players might catch up with you. Something to be said for the value of discipline. Just saying...
Agree that Cuse had some dumb yellow cards (Ward hitting the terp's goalkeeper in the head with her stick comes to mind) but also think they were called for some that shouldn't have been carded (Katie Goodale's yellow card comes to mind). Also, when playing a zone, you're bound to give up more 3 seconds calls which result in more 8 meters for the opposing team.

Are you really suggesting Cuse should've just held on to the ball and let their shot clock expire when they were down 2 players? That makes zero sense whatsoever. Maryland was doubling whomever had the ball and it was bound to leave an opening for the Orange offense... an opening which Tyrrell so aptly found, resulting in ANOTHER excellent, man-down goal.
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:58 pm Nothing personal. That’s for sure. But I’m disturbed that they came on the scene as wanting to be seen as a competitor but their OOC schedule screams that we are just looking to post some lopsided wins, with the mostly grads, to prove they are a viable program. Maybe more competitive opponents would better prepare them for their ACC Schedule. You’re a fool to defend them.
Went by the BC thread to chat about the Eagles being a real problem for the rest of the country. Just so well coached...but saw that you posted in that thread as well a tweet about the out of conference schedule for first year programs...I decided to deep dive some more on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Especially since the petty name calling came into play.

Arizona State (1st year in 2018, Power 5 Program)
Kennesaw, Stetson, San Diego State, Manhattan, Columbia, Presbyterian (Less OOC games because of the home and home set up of the PAC12)

ECU (2017, full funded, AAC)
GW, Winthrop, Gardner Webb, Campbell, Kennesaw, Laffayette, Saint Francis, Columbia, Longwood, Delaware State)

Xavier (Big East, unclear on funding)
Oregon, Detroit Mercy, Radford, Longwood, Presbyterian, Wofford, Eastern Michigan

Too bad Laxpower isn't around to search your posts ripping the Pac-12, the AAC, and the Big East member for starting the program aiming for success?

Once again...what is your major issue with the ACC teams? May I share this nice article from US Lax Magazine? Read that and tell me each coaches expectations. Especially for conference play.

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... omens-team
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

A bit unrelated, but to the poster who was lamenting about a year-long only option for BTN+, I think it may have been you njbill? BTN+ offers a monthly pass under the "Conference Pass" option for $14.95.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Thanks. Could have been me or DMac or both. $40 for the year is cheaper than the monthly option (3-4 mos.) so I went with that.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

njbill wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:22 pm Thanks. Could have been me or DMac or both. $40 for the year is cheaper than the monthly option (3-4 mos.) so I went with that.
Fair point, I usually try and keep it for just a month or 2 and catch the rest of the games that are televised on BTN.
Bart

Post by Bart »

28 for BC still out after getting hurt in 2nd Q. Hope it’s nothing serious
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

Hopefully when the new football money kicks in, they can invest in a bit better film set up for their olympic sports.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Coach Kent might want to look at a true FG.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Break for BC there. Goal circle violation the refs missed.
DMac

Post by DMac »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:17 pm A bit unrelated, but to the poster who was lamenting about a year-long only option for BTN+, I think it may have been you njbill? BTN+ offers a monthly pass under the "Conference Pass" option for $14.95.
I was the lamenter. Yes, I saw that after digging a little deeper, thanks for the tip though.
The B1G+ (should be minus) offers such horrible coverage I passed on it. Don't know if you
checked out their ratings but they're pretty much ones across the board with comments of,
"I'd give them zeros if I could." Coverage is from the crow's nest, tough to enjoy the game
with that view (I've watched a few on the B1G minus). Sports bars that have every other
channel under the sun don't even have this (had a couple of them working on it for me, no luck).
Some games I want to see on there but I aint signin' up with them.
When you sign up with that package, the way I saw it you have to pick one school and one sport.
For example, Maryland and lacrosse. Does that mean you only get Maryland games?
BC-NU....and DMac aint seein' it. :(
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:47 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:17 pm A bit unrelated, but to the poster who was lamenting about a year-long only option for BTN+, I think it may have been you njbill? BTN+ offers a monthly pass under the "Conference Pass" option for $14.95.
I was the lamenter. Yes, I saw that after digging a little deeper, thanks for the tip though.
The B1G+ (should be minus) offers such horrible coverage I passed on it. Don't know if you
checked out their ratings but they're pretty much ones across the board with comments of,
"I'd give them zeros if I could." Coverage is from the crow's nest, tough to enjoy the game
with that view (I've watched a few on the B1G minus). Sports bars that have every other
channel under the sun don't even have this (had a couple of them working on it for me, no luck).
Some games I want to see on there but I aint signin' up with them.
When you sign up with that package, the way I saw it you have to pick one school and one sport.
For example, Maryland and lacrosse. Does that mean you only get Maryland games?
I will be referring to it as BTN- from here on out :lol:

And there are three options - conference, school, and sport. The conference option is all sports and all schools.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:37 pm Break for BC there. Goal circle violation the refs missed.
Goalie change for BC ? Why?
njbill

Post by njbill »

In full disclosure, wlaxphan20, I didn't even notice the conference pass before I paid my $40. :oops:

And you make a good point (which, again, I didn't consider) that BTN will begin covering games later in the year. Nevertheless, I want to watch a lot of Rutgers this year so hopefully + will give me that chance.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:55 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:37 pm Break for BC there. Goal circle violation the refs missed.
Goalie change for BC ? Why?
Good question. She has been put into games earlier this year but they haven't been close contests.

If she is doing this to give her big game experience, she has bigger stones than I do.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

that was a stunner from Weeks

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”