Athletes Unlimited 2022

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Athletes Unlimited 2022

Post by DMac »

That was crazy...Apuzzo walks away with the W.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:38 pm Yes, Apuzzo too, both have a way of coming up big when most needed.
Aint happenin' today though, Mareno just too hot and Team Apuzzo not
taking good shots...helping Mareno.
Uhmmm, wrong!
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:21 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:38 pm Yes, Apuzzo too, both have a way of coming up big when most needed.
Aint happenin' today though, Mareno just too hot and Team Apuzzo not
taking good shots...helping Mareno.
Uhmmm, wrong!
Yeah total momentum swing can’t help but think the Ortega loss didn’t help she and fortunato had something going take her out of the equation fortunato cools off then Moreno cools off and you know it’s a game of runs I think the shoot out a Stupido what’s wrong with sudden death overtime
DMac

Post by DMac »

Somehow I didn't mind the shootout.
This was a fun game to watch and I
think Apuzzo must be part German
Shepherd, she's just incredible.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DMac wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:39 am Somehow I didn't mind the shootout.
This was a fun game to watch and I
think Apuzzo must be part German
Shepherd, she's just incredible.
Let’s just keep changing the womens game - throw out a shoot out now too…🙄
DMac

Post by DMac »

Might make sense when considering roster size and summer season...gets a little too toasty.
Think it's highly unlikely you'll ever see shoot outs in any other league.

GAME TIME!!!!
Very taxing game for Teams Moreno and Apuzzu yesterday.
Right back at it today.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nice....Kennedy's speed combined with Halle and Kenzie's connection = pretty fast break goal.
1-0...oops, Cordingly with one now, 2-0 T Arsenault.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

DMac wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:18 pm Nice....Kennedy's speed combined with Halle and Kenzie's connection = pretty fast break goal.
1-0...oops, Cordingly with one now, 2-0 T Arsenault.
Halle and Kent seem to know where each other are at all times, It's very special to watch!
njbill

Post by njbill »

I'm seeing some ominous smoke signals. Correct me if I'm wrong gang, but only one of the six games this weekend has been on ESPN network (2 or U). Just a few weeks ago, the broadcast schedule on uslaxmag listed four of the six games for this weekend as being on network. Then several days ago when I was setting up my VCR to record games while I was away, only three games were on my channel guide, which I set up to be recorded. Then when I got home, only one game had been recorded. (Possible operator error of course.)

So what is ESPN network showing instead of wlax? Knife throwing. Ax throwing. Dog jumping. Dog racing (fast dog). (I kid you not.) Ouch, ouch, ouch. The movement of scheduled games from ESPN network to + is a really bad sign, I think. It says to me ESPN has made late changes because the eye balls just aren't there for the network broadcasts. You may recall that when games were on Youtube last year, when you logged on, you could see how many people were watching. Numbers were very depressing, maybe 100-200.

What does this mean for year three of AU? Hopefully I'm misreading things, but I fear this is a bad sign.
DMac

Post by DMac »

2-0 end of 1.
Team Apuzzo does look a little drained to me...shows more so when they come to the sideline, energy level looks a little low.
We'll see how they hold up.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:26 pm I'm seeing some ominous smoke signals. Correct me if I'm wrong gang, but only one of the six games this weekend has been on ESPN network (2 or U). Just a few weeks ago, the broadcast schedule on uslaxmag listed four of the six games for this weekend as being on network. Then several days ago when I was setting up my VCR to record games while I was away, only three games were on my channel guide, which I set up to be recorded. Then when I got home, only one game had been recorded. (Possible operator error of course.)

So what is ESPN network showing instead of wlax? Knife throwing. Ax throwing. Dog jumping. Dog racing (fast dog). (I kid you not.) Ouch, ouch, ouch. The movement of scheduled games from ESPN network to + is a really bad sign, I think. It says to me ESPN has made late changes because the eye balls just aren't there for the network broadcasts. You may recall that when games were on Youtube last year, when you logged on, you could see how many people were watching. Numbers were very depressing, maybe 100-200.

What does this mean for year three of AU? Hopefully I'm misreading things, but I fear this is a bad sign.
Normally I would agree with you, but it has to do with ESPN wanting to gain subscribers to ESPN+. Don't read into it anything more than that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, Colson showing some speed, takes it the length of the field and puts away.
Kennedy just runs away from everyone taking it the length of the field, no goal
on that possession though.
2-2
DMac

Post by DMac »

2-2 at the half by about a half a second. Halle puts one in but the shot clock hit zeros just before the release.
GKs standing tall.
njbill

Post by njbill »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:33 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:26 pm I'm seeing some ominous smoke signals. Correct me if I'm wrong gang, but only one of the six games this weekend has been on ESPN network (2 or U). Just a few weeks ago, the broadcast schedule on uslaxmag listed four of the six games for this weekend as being on network. Then several days ago when I was setting up my VCR to record games while I was away, only three games were on my channel guide, which I set up to be recorded. Then when I got home, only one game had been recorded. (Possible operator error of course.)

Normally I would agree with you, but it has to do with ESPN wanting to gain subscribers to ESPN+. Don't read into it anything more than that.
Hmm. I hope you are right, but I'm not so sure. That may explain why the initial schedule had some + games (attract them with free, suck them in, then make them pay for the rest), but I don't think that explains the last minute changes. I'm afraid it is more logical to conclude ESPN made these (days before or day of) shifts due to lack of eyeballs. Fundamentally, ESPN wants eyeballs on network. Sure, they'd love to get more + subscribers, but they will never get as many + viewers as network. And, yes, I understand + subscribers are money directly in the pocket, while the economics of network broadcasts are less direct.

As a general rule, less popular stuff is on streaming. More popular is on network. They don't stream the Super Bowl to get new subscribers.

Just consider our own little FanLax women's board world. How many regular posters are watching AU? 10%? 25%? I'll bet no more than that. If AU can't attract us fanatics, I think that's a bad sign.
njbill

Post by njbill »

DMac wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:34 pm Wow, Colson showing some speed, takes it the length of the field and puts away.
Kennedy just runs away from everyone taking it the length of the field, no goal
on that possession though.
2-2
She was a player I never saw in HS, but wish I had as I'd heard a lot about her.

Nice to see her show her old middie chops.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Refs really do miss a lot of hits to the head. Just there on North.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh no, hate seeing that. Kayla Wood down, looked like a hammy, big limp going off the field.
Sure doesn't look like that'll heal in a day or two. She'll be missed, really does a lot out there.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Does look like a hammy. Hopefully.

Seems like 20-25% of the players are wearing tape or other injury-related paraphernalia. And we are only halfway through the season.
DMac

Post by DMac »

3-3 end of 3, Halle ties it up.
Mighty low scoring game considering all the fire power out there.
D very tough, Wood is going to be missed here in the 4th.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, big guns step up. Perecca puts in a 2, putting Arsenault up 5-3.
Mastroianni drives to the cage and scores. Apuzzo wins the draw, North
buries a laser from outside. 5-5.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”