D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Jared Bernhardt

Post by 10stone5 »

The announcer almost spilled the beans,
but he caught himself,
looks like they are under gag,

but the backup QB,
the coaches obviously think he’s capable.

Bernhardt ran a lot and took a pretty good beating.
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

I missed that, was that the beginning. They keep saying, Ferris, playing without Jared Bernhardt. Man, they aren't very good without him. So, they didn't actually say why he is not playing? What did you mean about "spilling the beans". I could not imagine its any type of disciplinary action, he doesn't seem the type. Covid? Injury? What's the big secret?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

No details in the game writeup,
Cummins' one-yard TD run, which was his first of three touchdowns on the ground and one of six he accounted
for in the game

after getting the start in place of an injured Jared Bernhardt.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:05 am No details in the game writeup,
Cummins' one-yard TD run, which was his first of three touchdowns on the ground and one of six he accounted
for in the game

after getting the start in place of an injured Jared Bernhardt.
So the backup had six TDs?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

That game was a hot mess. The backup started with some help from the third guy. Each of the two Ferris quarterbacks had an interception. There were 5 fumbles from the RB's. It was like an entirely different team without Jared. The backup quarterback's rushing average was a little over 3 yards per carry vs Jared's average of 11 yds per carry. They played what should have been one of the easier teams on their schedule and barely won in overtime. If Jared isn't back soon, no way is this team #2 in D2 football. No discloser on where Jared was ( I assume injured) but they just kept saying "The Bulldogs, playing without Jared Bernhardt...blah blah" but never said injured or what. Hoping everything is ok with him and certainly Ferris hopes so. The post game interview with the coach is a hoot, the one on the field immediately after the game. It appears they wisely didn't post that one. They posted the one from the post game media room interview is toned down, but still not very positive. NEVER heard a coach so mad and negative after a close win. He was clearly ticked off at his team.
Last edited by Kikin on Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kikin wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:51 am That game was a hot mess. The backup started with some help from the third guy. Each of the two Ferris quarterbacks had an interception. There were 5 fumbles from the RB's. It was like an entirely different team without Jared. The backup quarterback's rushing average was a little over 3 yards per carry vs Jared's average of 11 yds per carry. They played what should have been one of the easier teams on their schedule and barely won in overtime. If Jared isn't back soon, no way is this team #2 in D2 football. No discloser on where Jared was ( I assume injured) but they just kept saying "The Bulldogs, playing without Jared Bernhardt...blah blah" but never said injured or what. Hoping everything is ok with him and certainly Ferris hopes so. The post game interview with the coach is a hoot. NEVER heard a coach so mad and negative after a close win. He was clearly ticked off at his team.
That’s always the case with a week or less to prepare for backup not specific to JB. Starters get 90% of the reps during the week(s) so backups are just that in terms of playing with the first team offense. Very difficult in very circumstance. But if the O got 6tds it speaks to the overall offense and OL.
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

I am sure that had something to do with it. But the second guy is a junior who has been in the program 3 years. So, he is not new to the program and has been working within it for a long time. He was the starting quarterback all spring while Jared was playing lacrosse. He certainly should have been comfortable. The third guy , who didn't play much, I get it, he is a recent transfer too.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Just trying to out some perspective around this for everyone who thinks he’s going to have Barry Sanders NFL career. It’s like when cars were thinning Pat Spencer was going to play in the NBA.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

The nba are better athletes than the nfl and there are fewer spots by many magnitudes.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

^^ and the nba drafts from the entire world.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well some folks are going to believe there’s some osmosis and transfer of perception to themselves. Clearly it’s real easy to be in the NFL and lacrosse players even from years ago are still far better athletes than every NFL player ever.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Here is what I’m seeing on a DII football forum,
looking like Bernhardt will be out a little longer,

09-20-2021, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by unc4life View Post
2 things...

1. Ferris only needs their QB healthy for 1 week the rest of the regular season and that's vs GVSU. No one else in the GLIAC is going to beat them.

2. I said this after watching the AU game live. Ferris put Bernhardt in a lot of bad positions as far as play calling. They list him at 6'1 195, I doubt he is that big, and they routinely ran him right up the middle. Kids not going to survive a whole season if you are just going to run him like that.
From the looks on the sidelines, he didn't survive the whole season. I suspect he'll be back in a few weeks. but a brace?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

different sport...collision vs contact. Hard to make it a full season in football.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... star/58469

IL article on former Bryant star and now Lions WR Tom Kennedy....
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Sidelinehorn! wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:38 am https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... star/58469

The first time I saw TK pick up a ball and run I couldn’t believe how fast he was. It stuck with me. He had a different gear. Glad to see he is doing well. I have only heard good things about him. Jared is a high quality guy as well. Nice to see them both have success
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:28 am
Sidelinehorn! wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:38 am https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... star/58469

The first time I saw TK pick up a ball and run I couldn’t believe how fast he was. It stuck with me. He had a different gear. Glad to see he is doing well. I have only heard good things about him. Jared is a high quality guy as well. Nice to see them both have success
We saw too much of him against bart in his career, often 2x in a season.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:43 pm

A one man clear.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:53 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:43 pm

A one man clear.
And thick, kids would bounce off him like when sega genesis hockey added the power moves and early Eric Lindros could skate through you with the puck and injure you.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Ferris State is 3 and 0 since Bernhardt went down.

They really don’t need Bernhardt,
the backup QB had 500 yards and 6 touchdowns in today’s game.

They’ll need him come tournament time though,
five or more tournament games including conference,
that’s a real grind.
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

Ferris had a real close call a few weeks ago, I think it was with Saginaw. It went in to OT, and that is not a real strong team. Seems like there is a bye week and then they have a tougher team, Grand Valley. GV is also 4-0 and the team that Ferris barely beat in OT, Grand Valley beat 49-17. I heard the Ferris coach interview this week and he seemed "annoyed" "concerned" ( not sure exactly) but he mentioned Jared still being injured and thinking that some of the injured players were healing "slower then he thought". I think Grand Valley will be a tough ask for them unless Jared in back in two weeks. Wild, I find myself following D2 football, no accounting for boredom until lacrosse season.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”