Womens USA team Who you got?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
8meterPA

Re: Womens USA team Who you got?

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:15 pm Can't vouch for the quality, but if you're interested in seeing Team USA scrimmage against each other, here is the live link:

https://app.scorebreak.io/public-game/SLWY23BNUWGGHKIM
not a bad feed, a little glitchy - 10-7 white at half. Charlotte North putting on a show, 6 goals and 1 assist, not sure I saw her miss. also, no one else on either team with more than 1 goal except for Apuzzo with 2
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

and Blue comes back and wins 13-12, pretty spread out scoring for the blue and they stalled for last 90 seconds or to seal the win. CN didn't play much in 2nd half, only on draw circle one time that i saw (didn't win it).
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

8meterPA wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:06 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:15 pm Can't vouch for the quality, but if you're interested in seeing Team USA scrimmage against each other, here is the live link:

https://app.scorebreak.io/public-game/SLWY23BNUWGGHKIM
not a bad feed, a little glitchy - 10-7 white at half. Charlotte North putting on a show, 6 goals and 1 assist, not sure I saw her miss. also, no one else on either team with more than 1 goal except for Apuzzo with 2
It all depends on who is playing D on you, also
....North shoots from all over the place and I dont think the goalie knows when its coming - as opposed to other players who are coming in with ball. Gives the goalie more time to adjust, just my opinion.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

8meterPA wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:52 pm and Blue comes back and wins 13-12, pretty spread out scoring for the blue and they stalled for last 90 seconds or to seal the win. CN didn't play much in 2nd half, only on draw circle one time that i saw (didn't win it).
I saw CN play a lot second half? I just dont think she shot as much.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:00 pm
8meterPA wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:52 pm and Blue comes back and wins 13-12, pretty spread out scoring for the blue and they stalled for last 90 seconds or to seal the win. CN didn't play much in 2nd half, only on draw circle one time that i saw (didn't win it).
I saw CN play a lot second half? I just dont think she shot as much.
Could be why didn't notice her, don't think she had a shot in 2nd half
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

After yesterday's Blue/White scrimmage:

“She’s a born killer,” said USA Blue attacker Sam Apuzzo, who’s playing with North for the first time since coaching her as a volunteer assistant at BC. “She’s a threat no matter where she is on the field.”

"The decibel level rose very time North touched the ball. The Tewaaraton Award-winning attacker for NCAA champion Boston College suited up for USA White and rewarded the capacity crowd of 500 with six goals and an assist — all in the second quarter." --Matt DaSilva

"The starting lineups read like a murderer’s row. USA White trotted out Kayla Treanor, Jamie Ortega and North on attack and Ally Kennedy, Ally Mastroainni and McCool at midfield. USA Blue countered with an attack line of Kylie Ohlmiller, Izzy Scane and Apuzzo and a midfield group of Dempsey Arsenault, Taylor Cummings and Sam Swart." --Matt DaSilva
OuttaNowhereWregget

North had 6 goals and an assist in one quarter. Who in the world, literally, is going to stop her when it comes to the World Cup?
DMac

Post by DMac »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 am
“She’s a born killer,” said USA Blue attacker Sam Apuzzo, who’s playing with North for the first time since coaching her as a volunteer assistant at BC. “She’s a threat no matter where she is on the field.”
Yup, completely agree. On top of her 6 & 1 she had a couple of those hockey assist type plays where she drew the double and got the D out of whack. I sure see her as the single most dynamic player in the game. Whatever "it" is, she's got it in spades (as well as a lot of talent).
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:28 am
Hey CO, thanks for the Marie McCool history lesson. I guess you missed the part where I said I respect and like Marie very much. I know all about her from Moorestown HS. She happened to play for The Knoblochs(Deanna, HC and KC, Asst Coach) and they are longtime friends. Marie is YOUNG! I didn't make that up...it's a fact! If I listen to you, her playing and observing for the past 10 years(she's only been coaching for one year), somehow trumps my considerable experience. Am I getting this right or is that not what you meant to do? I somehow feel that you were trying to belittle me because I said that Marie's statement(specifically the "that nobody has ever done before") was not exactly accurate. I have seen a lot of stuff in the sport of Lacrosse(Men's and Women's) and I have seen great talented players, that a player just a few years out of college more than likely wouldn't know.

I'll name a few...Candy Finn, Margie Anderson, Gail Cummings, the late Sue Mellis Sofarnos, Katrina Dowd(a lot of people seem to forget how special she was), Nicole Flego, Nora Maguire, Kylie Ohlmiller(I think she's still around), Michele Tumolo(any idea where she is these days :roll: ), Selena Lasota

Hope I was able to address this properly. I'm sure you will tell me if I haven't.
I appreciate the history reminder LGL! I agree, I do feel people often forget how special Katrina Dowd was. Marie is young but likely grew up watching Dowd (and later had Dowd as a coach at UNC) & Tumolo, and Lasota was actually in the same class year as Marie - so I don't think she is completely ignorant to those players or their talent.

I also agree with you when you mention TV streaming. CN may have stick skills that the sport has seen before, but the amount of media coverage and social media visibility women's lacrosse had this year was astronomical compared to previous seasons. I think that's what Marie means when she says "what the collegiate players have been able to do for our sport" and "It's so important for young kids to see those things". Collegiate players today can reach so much further than just the fans at the game due to their streaming and social media platforms. Take some of her viral videos for example - that can be seen by so many young kids in non-hot bed areas that don't have college programs nearby to go and watch. All they have to do is open twitter or TikTok and now that kid is saying "wow, lemme go try that in the back yard" or "that looks cool, I want to try this sport out" whereas before they wouldn't have access to content like that at all.

It might not have been phrased the best, and I can understand how it could come off as ignorant, but that's how I interpreted McCool's comments about CN - because of her stick skills and talent, combined with the increased media coverage of lacrosse and popularity & accessibility of social media, CN is able to do things for the sport that no one has done before. Just my two cents.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:57 am
Yup, completely agree. On top of her 6 & 1 she had a couple of those hockey assist type plays where she drew the double and got the D out of whack. I sure see her as the single most dynamic player in the game. Whatever "it" is, she's got it in spades (as well as a lot of talent).
I sincerely hope that NJ Bill makes a return from FanLax heaven, but I don't think this news will encourage him to drop his wings and halo to rejoin us. I think it may have been easier for him to swoop in with "I told you so" than "I stand corrected."
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:43 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:28 am
Hey CO, thanks for the Marie McCool history lesson. I guess you missed the part where I said I respect and like Marie very much. I know all about her from Moorestown HS. She happened to play for The Knoblochs(Deanna, HC and KC, Asst Coach) and they are longtime friends. Marie is YOUNG! I didn't make that up...it's a fact! If I listen to you, her playing and observing for the past 10 years(she's only been coaching for one year), somehow trumps my considerable experience. Am I getting this right or is that not what you meant to do? I somehow feel that you were trying to belittle me because I said that Marie's statement(specifically the "that nobody has ever done before") was not exactly accurate. I have seen a lot of stuff in the sport of Lacrosse(Men's and Women's) and I have seen great talented players, that a player just a few years out of college more than likely wouldn't know.

I'll name a few...Candy Finn, Margie Anderson, Gail Cummings, the late Sue Mellis Sofarnos, Katrina Dowd(a lot of people seem to forget how special she was), Nicole Flego, Nora Maguire, Kylie Ohlmiller(I think she's still around), Michele Tumolo(any idea where she is these days :roll: ), Selena Lasota

Hope I was able to address this properly. I'm sure you will tell me if I haven't.
I appreciate the history reminder LGL! I agree, I do feel people often forget how special Katrina Dowd was. Marie is young but likely grew up watching Dowd (and later had Dowd as a coach at UNC) & Tumolo, and Lasota was actually in the same class year as Marie - so I don't think she is completely ignorant to those players or their talent.

I also agree with you when you mention TV streaming. CN may have stick skills that the sport has seen before, but the amount of media coverage and social media visibility women's lacrosse had this year was astronomical compared to previous seasons. I think that's what Marie means when she says "what the collegiate players have been able to do for our sport" and "It's so important for young kids to see those things". Collegiate players today can reach so much further than just the fans at the game due to their streaming and social media platforms. Take some of her viral videos for example - that can be seen by so many young kids in non-hot bed areas that don't have college programs nearby to go and watch. All they have to do is open twitter or TikTok and now that kid is saying "wow, lemme go try that in the back yard" or "that looks cool, I want to try this sport out" whereas before they wouldn't have access to content like that at all.

It might not have been phrased the best, and I can understand how it could come off as ignorant, but that's how I interpreted McCool's comments about CN - because of her stick skills and talent, combined with the increased media coverage of lacrosse and popularity & accessibility of social media, CN is able to do things for the sport that no one has done before. Just my two cents.

Let me make this VERY clear...I do not think Marie McCool is ignorant(even in the correct use of the word) in any way, shape or form. I like her a lot and I respect her. All I did was push back on someone who thought that Marie's "vast" experience nullified what I said about part of her comments. That's my statement on that.

TV has a way of making things appear to be more than they are at times. Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, Oscar Robertson and Jerry West did not have the benefit of today's media, so now the greatest players of All-time in Basketball are Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant. If those players from the past had today's technology, maybe they don't get dismissed and disrespected. And that's how I see this thing about who hasn't done what in Women's Lacrosse. Charlotte North is outstanding! And so was Gail Cummings and Margie Anderson.

Nuff Said!
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Can Opener wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:24 am
I sincerely hope that NJ Bill makes a return from FanLax heaven, but I don't think this news will encourage him to drop his wings and halo to rejoin us. I think it may have been easier for him to swoop in with "I told you so" than "I stand corrected."
CO...get off of Bill's tuchas! He made his opinion on Charlotte North known and he never wavered...nor should he if he chooses not to. He's not required to like her because a lot of other people do. I'm still p****d that he is no longer a participant on this Forum because some posters chose to attack him as opposed to just disagreeing with him. I keep hoping he'll return, but I understand why he wouldn't.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:38 pm
CO...get off of Bill's tuchas! He made his opinion on Charlotte North known and he never wavered...nor should he if he chooses not to. He's not required to like her because a lot of other people do. I'm still p****d that he is no longer a participant on this Forum because some posters chose to attack him as opposed to just disagreeing with him. I keep hoping he'll return, but I understand why he wouldn't.
+1, CO let it go
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:38 pm CO...get off of Bill's tuchas! He made his opinion on Charlotte North known and he never wavered...nor should he if he chooses not to. He's not required to like her because a lot of other people do. I'm still p****d that he is no longer a participant on this Forum because some posters chose to attack him as opposed to just disagreeing with him. I keep hoping he'll return, but I understand why he wouldn't.
+1, Bill adds a lot of insight to this forum and I hope he’s back soon.
OuttaNowhereWregget

CO...get off of Bill's tuchas! He made his opinion on Charlotte North known and he never wavered...nor should he if he chooses not to. He's not required to like her because a lot of other people do.

It was never a question of whether Bill "liked" North. If we remember, Bill wrote that North wouldn't make the final Team USA roster, or at least was highly skeptical about the possibility. He seemed to have painted himself into a corner regarding North and was forced to keep spinning her ever accumulating accomplishments in a dismissive and negative (read: illogical) fashion. He was the proverbial last soldier still fighting on a distant island long after the war was won.

I'm still p****d that he is no longer a participant on this Forum because some posters chose to attack him as opposed to just disagreeing with him.

That's why he's no longer here? Smacks of historical revisionism to me...

I keep hoping he'll return, but I understand why he wouldn't.
For my part, I think CO's comments were tame--just a little good natured ribbing. (I had similar thoughts when I saw how well North did in the Blue/White scrimmage.) I also share CO's sentiments and hopes that Bill will someday return.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:29 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:38 pm CO...get off of Bill's tuchas! He made his opinion on Charlotte North known and he never wavered...nor should he if he chooses not to. He's not required to like her because a lot of other people do. I'm still p****d that he is no longer a participant on this Forum because some posters chose to attack him as opposed to just disagreeing with him. I keep hoping he'll return, but I understand why he wouldn't.
+1, Bill adds a lot of insight to this forum and I hope he’s back soon.
Not anymore. Big loss.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:51 am
CO...get off of Bill's tuchas! He made his opinion on Charlotte North known and he never wavered...nor should he if he chooses not to. He's not required to like her because a lot of other people do.

It was never a question of whether Bill "liked" North. If we remember, Bill wrote that North wouldn't make the final Team USA roster, or at least was highly skeptical about the possibility. He seemed to have painted himself into a corner regarding North and was forced to keep spinning her ever accumulating accomplishments in a dismissive and negative (read: illogical) fashion. He was the proverbial last soldier still fighting on a distant island long after the war was won.

I'm still p****d that he is no longer a participant on this Forum because some posters chose to attack him as opposed to just disagreeing with him.

For my part, I think CO's comments were tame--just a little good natured ribbing. (I had similar thoughts when I saw how well North did in the Blue/White scrimmage.) I also share CO's sentiments and hopes that Bill will someday return.

Smacks of whatever the hell you want it to smack of... I know Bill personally. He's a great guy. His love of and enthusiasm of Girls/Women's Lacrosse is wonderful. I watched posters get REALLY personal with him(negative comments) because he did not share the enthusiasm for Charlotte North that others on this Forum did. He backed up his reasons with stats and instead of just disagreeing with him, some of you tried to go Dr. Spencer Reid(Criminal Minds) and make him an UNSUB. You can choose to see it any way you want, but those are the facts. And now he has chose to not be here, due to that which I have stated above and the ADMIN's unwillingness to dole out equal punishment to other offenders and admit to that.

He's gone and again, I hope he will return. I wish a lot of the old LAXPOWER posters had come over to Fanlax...it would have been great.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:08 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:51 am He's a great guy. His love of and enthusiasm of Girls/Women's Lacrosse is wonderful.
Agreed
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:08 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:51 am

Smacks of whatever the hell you want it to smack of... I know Bill personally. He's a great guy. His love of and enthusiasm of Girls/Women's Lacrosse is wonderful. I watched posters get REALLY personal with him(negative comments) because he did not share the enthusiasm for Charlotte North that others on this Forum did. He backed up his reasons with stats and instead of just disagreeing with him, some of you tried to go Dr. Spencer Reid(Criminal Minds) and make him an UNSUB. You can choose to see it any way you want, but those are the facts. And now he has chose to not be here, due to that which I have stated above and the ADMIN's unwillingness to dole out equal punishment to other offenders and admit to that.

He's gone and again, I hope he will return. I wish a lot of the old LAXPOWER posters had come over to Fanlax...it would have been great.
+1,000.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:25 pm
Let me make this VERY clear...I do not think Marie McCool is ignorant(even in the correct use of the word) in any way, shape or form. I like her a lot and I respect her. All I did was push back on someone who thought that Marie's "vast" experience nullified what I said about part of her comments. That's my statement on that.

TV has a way of making things appear to be more than they are at times. Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, Oscar Robertson and Jerry West did not have the benefit of today's media, so now the greatest players of All-time in Basketball are Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant. If those players from the past had today's technology, maybe they don't get dismissed and disrespected. And that's how I see this thing about who hasn't done what in Women's Lacrosse. Charlotte North is outstanding! And so was Gail Cummings and Margie Anderson.

Nuff Said!

I hear you LGL, wasn't trying to argue, just offering a different perspective!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”